• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm actually very quiet unless people give me conversation but meh interacting with people is overrated.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ask him about Gears of Warcraft too

jb1234

I'm awkward as hell even around people I AM comfortable with.

There's a special charm to hanging out with people equally as awkward. There's a mutual understanding during dead zone silences, like, "yeah this is awkward but we're both used to it so it's cool" and it increases the bond between you

#justnerdythings

I would hug you. Fair warning.

You could always crack a joke in between silences.

I don't really tell jokes. I just fit funny dialog into normal conversation.

But I'm not destitute or anything. I'm just exaggerating because I'm usually not at all awkward, so even mild awkwardness is super out of place for me!

I know this is neither here nor there at this point, but in some cases it's pretty essential. Certain people just nail it right away and move on, but far from everyone is like that. Especially if the role is longer/more subtle. You need a rapport, you need to be able to laugh together and all that or else I just don't know how it'd work.

Doing VO is such a drain between casting/recording/editing/implementing I can't even explain it
I didn't mean to downplay it. I was just pointing out that you have an agenda besides "meet this person"

Wait, you're in the military? That's actually pretty cool! Ever been deployed?

Sorry about your finger, especially if you use it for gaming too.

Haven't been deployed. Not yet, anyway. I'm in the AF and I fix planes.

I'm kinda pissed off about my finger. It needs a splint but they fucking told me to deal with it and to take motrin. Thanks guys. Mostly I'm just worried I'm gonna overwork it and hurt it again.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't really tell jokes. I just fit funny dialog into normal conversation.

But I'm not destitute or anything. I'm just exaggerating because I'm usually not at all awkward, so even mild awkwardness is super out of place for me!

I didn't mean to downplay it. I was just pointing out that you have an agenda besides "meet this person"

Incidentally I just wrapped one more person and now there's only one role left and then it's all done

SClWo3A.png

After Hutch, the recording should be all finished (barring any problems that need retakes)

Jobbs

Banned
Suddenly I'm getting an urge to Google Madeline Dorrah

Madeline is awesome. She didn't have much VO experience when I found her but she has a very natural/young sounding voice and has done very good work. She also attends Harvard

She was the first/only person I found who could convincingly sound like a 14 year old (for the primary role I cast her for) which was such a relief

The more I think about it, the radder the ShineSpark ability from Super Metroid gets.

Imagine the G Forces being felt by Samus as she shinespark across the level.

It breaks the game open but I don't think it's OP.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh my goodness. I need this in my life.
Doc: take motrin

Hahahahah I was just talking with nosh over the weekend about this. Always motrin.
My dad and I have a somewhat complicated relationship. We actually don't have much of one at all. I haven't seen him in years and I only finally accepted him on FB against my better judgement (and have mostly regretted it since). He made plenty of mistakes which led to us being estranged but the biggest is that he's simply unpleasant to be around, relentlessly negative and dour. I have a hell of a lot more reasons to be bleak than he does but I recognize if I am, I won't have any friends. I have amazing ones. And he doesn't.

Having figured out that I'm not going to come over and visit him of my own free will, he sent me a PM today, saying that my birthday gift is available but I'll have to come over and get it (and then admits that he's basically blackmailing me). While I like having a little extra spending money, I don't want to encourage this type of behavior from him so I'm going to ignore the PM.
So, your description of your father is very similar to mine. That said, I know what he's been through and it's basically the polar opposite of what I had to experience growing up. Makes it pretty hard to connect, and he is also incredibly negative about most everything. My sister now has the same relationship you describe with your dad with him.

However I also see that it eats at him, and he does care. I think it'd be good to at least find something simple he may or you may both enjoy and savor that moment for a bit, even if it's just for a while.

I dunno, I have a hard time closing off family because I have so little around.
I'm always awkward with people I've only known online (at least on the first meet up), and it's not even in my nature to be awkward around people. It's a completely different way of being with someone.
I can't even begin to estimate how many people I've met off of the internet. I think only the very first time I met a buddy in person from online was it a bit awkward. Every other was just like how we interact normally and it's been great.

Meeting people is great.

Which leads to me to...
I mean..like a bit! he claimed he played it with his roommate so idk. it doesn't help that he's generally not a big talker about things he's interested in. it's more like I mention stuff (like Dark Souls for example) and he just says he likes it too but I don't know if that's really true
This is why texting is kinda awful for getting to know someone. There's way too many ambiguities, and you're left second guessing and questioning way too many things.

If you want to know what he's really like, meet him and find out. Then you can see if he opens up more, and if he doesn't and he still acts like a closed off dork soul, then you know and can move on. :)

what's the advantage of the curved ones

It's not curved, it's flexible. Some dildos aren't rigid.

I can't even begin to estimate how many people I've met off of the internet. I think only the very first time I met a buddy in person online was it a bit awkward. Every other was just like how we interact normally and it's been great.

Meeting people is great.

Which leads to me to...
This is why texting is kinda awful for getting to know someone. There's way too many ambiguities, and you're left second guessing and questioning way too many things.

If you want to know what he's really like, meet him and find out. Then you can see if he opens up more, and if he doesn't and he still acts like a closed off dork soul, then you know and can move on. :)

Maybe that's my problem then! I've only met up with people a small handful of times.

Yeah, I never try to get to know someone with text messaging. That just seems weird.

Pau

I've had mostly good experiences meeting people from GAF.

My first date with Kark was pretty awkward though. In part because we were both nervous. In part because my sister was my ride and she was freaking out and I was hiding it from my parents. Which was totally unnecessary in retrospect. Lots of unneeded grief there.

Also, today I signed up for a gym membership. D:

jb1234

So, your description of your father is very similar to mine. That said, I know what he's been through and it's basically the polar opposite of what I had to experience growing up. Makes it pretty hard to connect, and he is also incredibly negative about most everything. My sister now has the same relationship you describe with your dad with him.

However I also see that it eats at him, and he does care. I think it'd be good to at least find something simple he may or you may both enjoy and savor that moment for a bit, even if it's just for a while.

I dunno, I have a hard time closing off family because I have so little around.

The problem is that I just don't care. I think if I hated him, it would be easier instead of this apathy I feel. Some of that is just the bad mental place I've been in for ages now but a lot of it is just indifference towards him. We have absolutely nothing in common (he likes sports and cars, I like video games and classical music) so just being in the same room as him is difficult without our usual buffer, his ex-girlfriend's daughter that I grew up with. She's in Canada now (and a Trump supporter, inexplicably) so that's no longer an option.

A lot of the indifference is that he never tried to build a relationship because I don't think he had any idea how to relate to me. Instead, he just tossed me and his ex's girlfriend in a room together and we entertained ourselves for hours with SNES games while he would watch sports in the other room.

I'll also admit I never forgave him for skipping my senior recital (the happiest night of my life) because he didn't want to drive into Seattle. And he couldn't even use the fear of city driving as an excuse because there were several people driving in from my home town where he lived. He just couldn't be bothered.

Jobbs

Banned

My first date with Kark was pretty awkward though. In part because we were both nervous. In part because my sister was my ride and she was freaking out and I was hiding it from my parents. Which was totally unnecessary in retrospect. Lots of unneeded grief there.

oh wait you knew Kark on Neogaf first then became involved? That's amazing. How did expectation work out vs reality and all that?

yusss let's do it! ♥

tumblr_nrwq2fHhMZ1s37tx6o1_500.gif

zeemumu

I just got back from the gym. Let's all get buff and cosplay as the Justice League.

Pau

oh wait you knew Kark on Neogaf first then became involved? That's amazing. How did expectation work out vs reality and all that?

yusss let's do it! ♥
Yeah, we met on tinychat first and I stalked him on IRC until he added me on Facebook. Everything went better than expected. :3 The first few months were a bit hard because of my self esteem issues making me want to self-sabotage the relationship. It was also long distance for a bit but he was always down with moving to NYC from the start so we worked towards that goal.

I'm too lazy to get too ripped but hopefully I can get somewhat of a butt with squats! :p

I just got back from the gym. Let's all get buff and cosplay as the Justice League.
YES. I'M NOT EVEN JOKING.

No one will cosplay with me. :(

AcridMeat

Banned

Oh my god your sister was your ride. Pau I can only imagine what that was like hahaha.

Glad it worked out because I like you and Kark a lot, and as a couple. :D I still think back to that night of pizza and the game cafe fondly.

Also I'd cosplay with you.
The problem is that I just don't care. I think if I hated him, it would be easier instead of this apathy I feel. Some of that is just the bad mental place I've been in for ages now but a lot of it is just indifference towards him. We have absolutely nothing in common (he likes sports and cars, I like video games and classical music) so just being in the same room as him is difficult without our usual buffer, his ex-girlfriend's daughter that I grew up with. She's in Canada now (and a Trump supporter, inexplicably) so that's no longer an option.

A lot of the indifference is that he never tried to build a relationship because I don't think he had any idea how to relate to me. Instead, he just tossed me and his ex's girlfriend in a room together and we entertained ourselves for hours with SNES games while he would watch sports in the other room.

I'll also admit I never forgave him for skipping my senior recital (the happiest night of my life) because he didn't want to drive into Seattle. And he couldn't even use the fear of city driving as an excuse because there were several people driving in from my home town where he lived. He just couldn't be bothered.
Okay that last paragraph was the missing piece, because again the lead up was very similar to my relationship with my father.

Totally understand feeling slighted at that, and not wanting to be a part of his life. Real poor form on his part. :/

Jobbs

Banned
I call Jon Stewart. Let's be honest, no one wants Hal Jordan.

I only had the most basic idea of the Justice League in my head (Superman/Wonderwoman/The Flash/Batman) so I looked up the roster

wow, most of the characters in the JL seem really lame

162px-MartianManhunterRossAlex.jpg

The Martian Manhunter? What?

zeemumu

I only had the most basic idea of the Justice League in my head (Superman/Wonderwoman/The Flash/Batman) so I looked up the roster

wow, most of the characters in the JL seem really lame

162px-MartianManhunterRossAlex.jpg

The Martian Manhunter? What?

Martian Manhunter is pretty OP.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Slain! update actually made the game pretty good from the looks of it. So far played 30 minutes of it and I really enjoyed what I managed to play of it. (Cleared the first stage) If you guys buy it from HumbleBundle it has a 40% discount and you get an extra copy to gift to a friend. Get it people.

zeemumu

I can't remember when my professor moved this 4th project's due date to. I'm just supposed to input the code that he gave and explain what it's doing but it broke halfway through and I don't understand why.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's not curved, it's flexible. Some dildos aren't rigid.

Maybe that's my problem then! I've only met up with people a small handful of times.

Yeah, I never try to get to know someone with text messaging. That just seems weird.

I think it's a g spot vibe

180791-180905-350x350.jpg

Pau

Oh my god your sister was your ride. Pau I can only imagine what that was like hahaha.

Glad it worked out because I like you and Kark a lot, and as a couple. :D I still think back to that night of pizza and the game cafe fondly.

Also I'd cosplay with you.
Yeah, and my friend who was with us threatened Kark when he came up to the car. Good times. They're good friends now though!

And thanks. :3 We had a lot of fun too! You need to come back and visit. And then cosplay with me and bully Kark into cosplaying too!

I call Jon Stewart. Let's be honest, no one wants Hal Jordan.
I agree. Hal sucks. I'd probably cosplay Hawkgirl though so I hope that won't be awkward! :p

I like the Justice League International roster best although not necessarily the female characters. Except for Big Barda and there's no way I can pull that off. :(

zeemumu

I agree. Hal sucks. I'd probably cosplay Hawkgirl though so I hope that won't be awkward! :p

I like the Justice League International roster best although not necessarily the female characters. Except for Big Barda and there's no way I can pull that off. :(

Hah, nah I'm sure it'd be fine.

What about Zatanna?

Hmm, has there ever been a female speedster? I just realized that I can't think of any.

Edit: Found one. Her name is Trajectory and she's gonna be in the Flash tv show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom