• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
just noticed I haven't shaved my chest in a while and it's vile

How do you not notice a hairy chest?

Near the end of the movie tonight, when Pippin is out looking for Merry on the field of Pelennor, the girl I was with finally perked up and asked "why does it sound like he's saying Mary?" I told her Merry is his name, short for Meriadoc, and she's like "oh I thought his name was Harry". I couldn't help but laugh.

Jobbs

Banned
How do you not notice a hairy chest?

Near the end of the movie tonight, when Pippin is out looking for Merry on the field of Pelennor, the girl I was with finally perked up and asked "why does it sound like he's saying Mary?" I told her Merry is his name, short for Meriadoc, and she's like "oh I thought his name was Harry". I couldn't help but laugh.

I wouldn't call it "hairy" but the presence of hair is noticeable

merry or pippin?

Jobbs

Banned
Isn't it all prickly though?

She thought Merry's name was Harry.

I don't spend my days running my hand up and down my chest, if you can imagine. It can grow noticeably after like a week and I haven't shaved in longer than that.

I was asking who you liked more -- Merry or Pippin?

Jobbs

Banned
Oh.

I like Merry more as a character, and I really like Dominic Monaghan.
Not Penny's boat :(

I agree on both fronts, though Pippin gets a special mention for his pretty singing voice in the third movie.

I remember watching some animal show with him [Dominic Monaghan] in it where he goes around looking at wild animals. Was fun.

You're up later than usual :) Did you get your memory working?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys are going to make me marathon all three movies
extended editions

I agree on both fronts, though Pippin gets a special mention for his pretty singing voice in the third movie.

I remember watching some animal show with him [Dominic Monaghan] in it where he goes around looking at wild animals. Was fun.

You're up later than usual :) Did you get your memory working?

Yeah. Took less than ten minutes. What took longer was getting Windows 10 back.

I guess it's about an hour later than I normally stay up. I have a lot on my mind.

You guys are going to make me marathon all three movies
extended editions

Of course. I don't even fuck with the theatrical cut. I've introduced the trilogy to half a dozen people and I always just take them the long way around.

TODAY IN ROB'S HOT TAKES

I think Lord of the Rings is boring garbo

You're not alone in that opinion. But it's not going to change how much I love it (my one tattoo is in Elvish!)

Jobbs

Banned
I saw all three of the movies in the theater and teared up at some point in all three :)

I haven't watched them in years. Was actually thinking about watching them the other day.

Last LOTR thing I saw were the three Hobbit movies, which, generally, I didn't like. They just felt wrong. They were too conflicted... And too stretched out. And I didn't really care about most the characters.

I am so stressed out its not even funny

I guess it's about an hour later than I normally stay up. I have a lot on my mind.

AQxi4wJ.gif

Jobbs

Banned
When King Theoden knows he and his men are all going to die, but he has everybody cheering about riding into "DEATH!!!" anyway. the chills, man.

tumblr_o9ut2bm3a91qk7scno1_400.gif

Yeah, and I think the tears hit when Gandalf came in and blinded all the orcs with his white light. I remember that pretty clearly. I was all caught up in it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I want to be like...an armchair critic there's a ton of stuff across the last two films I feel could have been improved pretty significantly, particularly in the last.

But I'm not going to pretend I didn't and don't utterly fucking adore all three in extended cut format. I've rewatched them more times than I can count, and each and every time I get legitimate feels. OST vocal tracks for each film are 100% on point too; Enya's "May it be", Emiliana Torrini's "Gollum's song", and the Annie fucking Lennox's "Into the west". Holy shit so good.

The Hobbit films are shit and it's so fucking evident what a disaster of a production they were, compared to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, when you watch the behind the scenes footage. I've watched every goddamn second of the LOTR:EE trilogy behind the scenes stuff and there's so much authenticity and passion in the artistic emotion and energy behind every facet of the trilogy's construction, with the perfect amount of patience and care to get it right. It's abundantly clear The Hobbit got none of this and was instead rushed through production with production company manhandling.

Yeah, and I think the tears hit when Gandalf came in and blinded all the orcs with his white light. I remember that pretty clearly. I was all caught up in it.

It's still magnificent.

Jobbs

Banned
But I'm not going to pretend I didn't and don't utterly fucking adore all three in extended cut format. I've rewatched them more times than I can count, and each and every time I get legitimate feels. OST vocal tracks for each film are 100% on point too; Enya's "May it be", Emiliana Torrini's "Gollum's song", and the Annie fucking Lennox's "Into the west". Holy shit so good.

I haven't seen them (the extended editions of the three LOTR films) recently but I remember some shit being in them that just did absolutely nothing for the pacing or the story whatsoever -- aka, pure fat. Example: Talking to Saruman near the start of the third movie. Terrible.

A lot of times the "extra" scenes were cut during editing for very good reasons

Yeah, there's the stuff.

UvsTLVs.gif

I think I do want to watch these again.

EatChildren

The title track for Scream Queens is so good.

I haven't seen them (the extended editions of the three LOTR films) recently but I remember some shit being in them that just did absolutely nothing for the pacing or the story whatsoever -- aka, pure fat. Example: Talking to Saruman near the start of the third movie. Terrible.

A lot of times the "extra" scenes were cut during editing for very good reasons

I don't agree with the Saruman, but the rest yeah. The theatrical cut of FOTR in particular is sublime. I just like that fat. I want all the fat. I want my LOTR to be extra greasy, fatty, and full of shit. I want more more more.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why are high waisted pants called high waisted when they're actually at your waist?
Because you'd need to be either high or wasted to want to wear them

Heyooooo

I'll see myself out

Decided I'm gonna try and go back to school. Applying at UAB for Music Technology. I have to audition with two pieces using my major instrument (I hope my voice counts) in order to get into the program, and hopefully receive a scholarship.

Because you'd need to be either high or wasted to want to wear them

Heyooooo

I'll see myself out
I laughed.

FUME5

I hate everything about this gif. The girls annoying face, the different height of the sentences, the fact that the second sentences subtitle is not synchronized with her speech.
What a piece of trash 1/10

Don't get pissy cause you wear cargo shorts.

FloatOn

I look/feel like shit.

Pretty sure I haven't had a solid night sleep in like two weeks.

Good news is I'm taking tomorrow off. Hoping that gives me life.

zeemumu

I've decided on the book but I think I'm gonna get a digital copy so I can read it anywhere. Normally I'd like the physical copy but it's a Harry Potter book so I doubt that they're ever gonna run out anywhere so I can always do it in the future.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fuck the dentist.

The new overwatch skins look so good but I'll never get any of them :/

I'm surprised they don't just let you buy those skins, especially since its a limited time
how much are loot boxes/crates $5? I'd just make each skin the same price since not everyone plays every character

Misha

Banned
I'm surprised they don't just let you buy those skins, especially since its a limited time
how much are loot boxes/crates $5? I'd just make each skin the same price since not everyone plays every character
I'd rather just buy skins in general. The loot crate system is turning out to be way worse than it initially seemed.

SolVanderlyn

Aaaaaaand he's hit with the gorilla toss!

1Yfdopa.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Fuck the dentist.

I love my dentist and the assistants there. They're so sweet and kind and they legitimately do their best. Someone has to do it, you know.

Unrelated but I was feeling like really strangely weak and uncoordinated for no reason and it actually kinda scared me, so I laid down and dosed off and had a dream where I was getting a bunch of PMs on Neogaf and then I woke up and went on Neogaf to fucking respond to them and there were none (well, one, actually, haha, but it wasn't from my dream)

SolVanderlyn

I love my dentist and the assistants there. They're so sweet and kind and they legitimately do their best. Someone has to do it, you know.
Dentists have one of the highest suicide rates out of any job.

I still don't see why they have the #1 highest suicide rates , right from day one they know what they are dealing with , teeth

And if they don't gunk up X make practice mouths dirty as fuck in dental school or tell everyone straight up that teeth can look awful and peoples breaths can be shitty then what are they teaching future dentists

Or is it the screams or crying for dentists that work with kids that is the most suicidal?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I've always dreamed about being a dentist/musician/author/mathematician, and i'm always thinking about suicide for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom