• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going out for a meal with my family on my birthday

Dunno what I'm gonna do with friends

I guess it's Pride this weekend so that could double up

when's your bday?

____
man I'm having more and more doubts about CNG... he's still cute but he still never talks about stuff other than how he's doing. you gotta be interested in/excited about something, right?! I'm kinda worried we'll just sit there in silence on the date ~.~

I might have to follow this advice too. The one person who replied to my message didn't even seem all that engaged in the conversation to begin with. She was probably just being polite.

Oh well.
Sounds like it. I've done this at parties sometimes where random guys come up to chat and I just talk because it seems the more polite thing, not because I'm interested in chatting.

Yeah probably

Unfortunately the pool seems very limited and I'm ehhh at best on everyone else :/

What's making you ehh on other people? I thought you lived in a highly populous place.

CNG wants to watch LOTR with me D:
Has he seen it before? :)

Tbh I'm feeling kind of suspicious of the timing with my friend reminding me we hadn't finished the series together.

Sounds like it. I've done this at parties sometimes where random guys come up to chat and I just talk because it seems the more polite thing, not because I'm interested in chatting.

What's making you ehh on other people? I thought you lived in a highly populous place.

Has he seen it before? :)

Tbh I'm feeling kind of suspicious of the timing with my friend reminding me we hadn't finished the series together.
oh yes, he has! said he liked the third one best.

why suspicious?

zeemumu

____
man I'm having more and more doubts about CNG... he's still cute but he still never talks about stuff other than how he's doing. you gotta be interested in/excited about something, right?! I'm kinda worried we'll just sit there in silence on the date ~.~

Start the date with coffee. If things don't go well, you can bail on a coffee date at any time. Maybe you can keep pressing him with questions until you find something that he'll go off on a tangent about and go from there.

Start the date with coffee. If things don't go well, you can bail on a coffee date at any time. Maybe you can keep pressing him with questions until you find something that he'll go off on a tangent about and go from there.

yeah definitely something to drink, not more. he's not living that close though so I guess we'll have to spend some time together. maybe he's totally different in person but I'm worried it's going to be awkward.

zeemumu

I had a single grey hair sticking straight up out of the top of my head before I got my hair cut. I keep my hair pretty short though so It's not something that I worry about constantly.

zeemumu

yeah definitely something to drink, not more. he's not living that close though so I guess we'll have to spend some time together. maybe he's totally different in person but I'm worried it's going to be awkward.

Don't be worried. Worst case scenario is it's uneventful and you leave (well, worst case scenario is he's a serial killer but let's stay optimistic, yeah?), so there's no real pressure. You're just getting to know someone.

Don't be worried. Worst case scenario is it's uneventful and you leave (well, worst case scenario is he's a serial killer but let's stay optimistic, yeah?), so there's no real pressure. You're just getting to know someone.

you're right. I tend to freak out about stuff like this because I'm nervous I guess. gotta keep things in perspective.

Clydefrog

I had a single grey hair sticking straight up out of the top of my head before I got my hair cut. I keep my hair pretty short though so It's not something that I worry about constantly.

Welcome to the club! Embrace the greyness.

I'll happily go grey as long as I don't go bald.

when's your bday?

Thursday

Same day as Barack Obama I believe

I dunno, I might just be setting my standards too high or something, but I'm just not finding anyone who looks like the sort of person I'd want to talk to and would get along with

And yeah, I live in a city that isn't insignificantly sized, but there doesn't seem to be that many people on there :/

zeemumu

you're right. I tend to freak out about stuff like this because I'm nervous I guess. gotta keep things in perspective.

Nerves before a date are normal. Just keep in mind that you're there to meet someone new and have fun. Best of luck to you, Trab!

Welcome to the club! Embrace the greyness.

I'll happily go grey as long as I don't go bald.

I'm not worried about that. I can pull off bald as long as I get to keep my beard

Then I'll change my avatar to this

300px-LOCKE_2.png

oh yes, he has! said he liked the third one best.

why suspicious?

Understandable. The only thing I don't get is when people say they like the first one most.

Suspicious because I haven't hung out with this girl for a couple of months before this, and looking back it kind of feels like our decline coincides with my relationship with Justin pretty closely. Now the day after we break up she's like hey lets hang out again.

To be fair, it's probably more my fault than hers.

I dunno, I might just be setting my standards too high or something, but I'm just not finding anyone who looks like the sort of person I'd want to talk to and would get along with

And yeah, I live in a city that isn't insignificantly sized, but there doesn't seem to be that many people on there :/
I think it might be good for you to branch out a bit. You don't even have to commit to anything or anyone, but trying to talk to other people at the least will give you more practice and confidence. But it could also surprise you and show you people you never realized you could love and relate to! ;)

One of my friends is only 18 and already his eyebrows are completely grey... Also has grey strands already in his hair too

I think it might be good for you to branch out a bit. You don't even have to commit to anything or anyone, but trying to talk to other people at the least will give you more practice and confidence. But it could also surprise you and show you people you never realized you could love and relate to! ;)
Maybe...maybe.

Might look at other sites as well

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One of my friends went totally bald by age 18.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Batman TT is technical disaster on PC.

Suicide Squad 36 rt.

Not a god morning so far.
I've said it before and I will say it again. Dan DiDio and Jim Lee need to be fucking fired. They are running DC into the ground. And putting all their stock in people like Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns are making a juggernaut irrelevant

One of my friends is only 18 and already his eyebrows are completely grey... Also has grey strands already in his hair too
Wow, that's crazy. I used to have gray hair in the back of my head during high school and early college, but it went away a while ago. I still get the random strand of gray, though. I've got a gray hair on my knee, and used to have one down below.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've yet to see a single DC movie.

The extended BvS cut was much better received, I thought?

Jobbs

Banned
Batman TT is technical disaster on PC.

Suicide Squad 36 rt.

Not a god morning so far.

This doesn't bother me. Critic scores don't seem to matter much to me when I comea to super hero movies. Avengers, civil war, ant man --- all terrible and all have good rt numbers

Man of steel and Bvs I liked more and have low rt

If ss had a high rt I'd be sorta concerned, ironically, because it'd probably mean they turned it into stupid dumb boring marvel style crap

Damn. Is it stress or just genetic?

It's genetic I would guess. But luckily Grey is the new fashion thing to do!

Wow, that's crazy. I used to have gray hair in the back of my head during high school and early college, but it went away a while ago. I still get the random strand of gray, though. I've got a gray hair on my knee, and used to have one down below.

One down below?

Pics or it doesn't exist ;)

zeemumu

I've yet to see a single DC movie.

The extended BvS cut was much better received, I thought?

It explained things a bit better than not at all but the movie as a whole is still a bit of a mess. There's too much plot for one movie.

Speaking of movies, Sadako vs. Kayako came out in June and no one told me. Now I have to track down a copy because I...I need to know...I NEED TO

It's genetic I would guess. But luckily Grey is the new fashion thing to do!

One down below?

Pics or it doesn't exist ;)
Heh. If another one grows, I'll be sure to take a pic.

--

I've always kinda wanted to have a gray streak on my head. I think it'd look cool, especially since I've got long hair.

Xiao Hu

Something like this for example?

d47ba505526e85b80b3be500790b0036.jpg

This is grey hair done right tbh

Jade%20Thirlwall%20grey%20hair%20glamour.jpg

Yuck. On the other hand I'm considering to dye that part of my hair that I don't use for my man bun greyish/blondish/whitish. Well at least something that gives it more contrast to the rest of my dark hair.

Ceallach

This doesn't bother me. Critic scores don't seem to matter much to me when I comea to super hero movies. Avengers, civil war, ant man --- all terrible and all have good rt numbers

Man of steel and Bvs I liked more and have low rt

If ss had a high rt I'd be sorta concerned, ironically, because it'd probably mean they turned it into stupid dumb boring marvel style crap
Yeah how could anyone enjoy well crafted characters and stories when they could have grim dark edge lord bullshit.

Jobbs' favorite restaraunt:
shitburgers.jpg

Jobbs

Banned

oh man this is great. the rachel shopping cart look is so hot. I'd forgotten that one. I had such a huge crush on Rachel when I was a kid.

My favorite of these looks are the shopping cart and the plaid pants :O You?

Yeah how could anyone enjoy well crafted characters and stories when they could have grim dark edge lord bullshit.

Jobbs' favorite restaraunt:

because I actually found BvS silly, but silly in the right way. I don't think it takes itself as seriously as detractors seem to think it does. It's silly in an understated way, which is what I like. The marvel stuff is just overtly silly and stupid and in the case of some of the movies (like civil snore) it doesn't even have a single tone associated with it. It's all over the place and I don't know what to feel while watching it.

Ceallach

oh man this is great. the rachael shopping cart look is so hot. I'd forgotten that one. I had such a huge crush on Rachel when I was a kid.

My favorite of these looks are the shopping cart and the plaid pants :O You?

because I actually found BvS silly, but silly in the right way. I don't think it takes itself as seriously as detractors seem to think it does. It's silly in an understated way, which is what I like. The marvel stuff is just overtly silly and stupid and in the case of some of the movies (like civil snore) it doesn't even have a single tone associated with it. It's all over the place and I don't know what to feel while watching it.
This is a problem with you not the films. You are seeing things that aren't there.

Zack Snyder does not have one ounce of self awareness. Read his interviews leading up to his films. He didn't understand Watchmen was satire. He said he loved it because it had sex and was dark. He loves rape. He was dejected that he wasnt allowed to show the girls being raped in Sucker Punch and thinks THAT is why the film failed. He said that he would show Batman being an ally raped. His bio could be owtheedge.jpg. Everything that is there he means to be taken at face value. The camp you see isn't there.

AND I don't know what to tell you that you can't find a theme in Marvel films. That is your problem. Surely you can't honestly think every major and minor critic, film connoisseur and Comic fan are wrong. Yet you somehow are seeing more than everyone else, I can't believe you are that narcisisstic.

Jobbs

Banned
This is a problem with you not the films. You are seeing things that aren't there.

Zack Snyder does not have one ounce of self awareness. Read his interviews leading up to his films. He didn't understand Watchmen was satire. He said he loved it because it had sex and was dark. He loves rape. He was dejected that he wasnt allowed to show the girls being raped in Sucker Punch and thinks THAT is why the film failed. He said that he would show Batman being an ally raped. His bio could be owtheedge.jpg. Everything that is there he means to be taken at face value. The camp you see isn't there.

AND I don't know what to tell you that you can't find a theme in Marvel films. That is your problem. Surely you can't honestly think every major and minor critic, film connoisseur and Comic fan are wrong. Yet you somehow are seeing more than everyone else, I can't believe you are that narcisisstic.

I laughed when the flash came out of the thing to give him advice on the future. I laughed when facebook guy as lex luther was sitting in the wheelchair. I laughed every time batman and superman growled at eachother. Like that shit is funny to me. (and it's funny in a way that doesn't take me out of the movie)

I didn't laugh when spiderman goes "ATAT time LOL! woooh dude!" or whatever.

So yeah, maybe the "problem" is me, but I don't find all the silliness of Marvel to be funny, especially when they put all that overt silliness in the same movie where people brood over politics and collateral damage and feel guilty about grieving mothers or have a big serious play fight where they're upset about people getting hurt but also joking the whole time. I can't suspend my disbelief for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom