• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I laughed when the flash came out of the thing to give him advice on the future. I laughed when facebook guy as lex luther was sitting in the wheelchair. I laughed every time batman and superman growled at eachother. Like that shit is funny to me.

I didn't laugh when spiderman goes "ATAT time LOL! woooh dude!" or whatever.

So yeah, maybe the "problem" is me, but I don't find all the silliness of Marvel to be funny, especially when they put all that overt silliness in the same movie where people brood over politics and collateral damage and feel guilty about grieving mothers or have a big serious play fight where they're upset about people getting hurt but also joking the whole time. I can't suspend my disbelief for it.

See, the thing here is you don't like BvS as a movie, you think it is funny where it isnt supposed to be. Its the same reason people watch SciFi original movies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
For what is worth, I recently watched Man of Steel and it was heaps and bounds better than Batman bin Suparman. A bit messy at times, but still enjoyable for the most part of it.

BvS was an unsalvageable disaster in comparison. Just a barely put together pastiche substituting plot and development for random scenes of mayhem.

Jobbs

Banned
See, the thing here is you don't like BvS as a movie, you think it is funny where it isnt supposed to be. Its the same reason people watch SciFi original movies.

I don't know or care if it's intentional, but by comparison, Man of Steel and BvS have a consistent tone and I can take them for what they are -- I can enjoy their subdued (intentional or not) silliness and laugh at the movie and enjoy the action.

In most of the Marvel movies I can't bring myself to care about anything that happens on screen because the tone is so all over the place. I'm constantly yanked out of the movie. I don't understand who this shit is for but apparently it's for most people because RT keeps giving this crap high scores

Iron Man 1 was okay (2 and 3 were so bad I couldn't comprehend it) and Winter Soldier was okay, but most hte others are just pure shit

I thought Man of Steel was really great, aside from the tornado scene. That was just dumb as hell. I haven't seen BvS yet, but plan on watching the Ultimate Edition cut this week.

As for the Marvel movies, I love them. I haven't disliked a single one so far.

Xiao Hu

I have only enjoyed three fucking Marvel movies so far: the first Avengers one, Deadpool (well, technically 21st Century Fox) and Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest, especially involving Ironman, can fuck right off.

I understand though what Holly is trying to convey: Snyder is obsessed with the idea of gridyness and darkness, to a point where it doesn't blend too well with certain genres for many people. While I like that style a good chunk of the audience doesn't.

Jobbs

Banned
oh and near the start when
the guy was about to shoot the undercover CIA guy -- I was fully expecting superman to swoop in and save him, and then he just gets shot in the head hahaha. I laughed

and the superman saving people scenes where it's portrayed as all dark and burdensome.. I laughed

I'm not even being negative. I found it legitimately funny. I ENJOYED it. I also liked the
techno music action scene near the end with wonder woman.
All that shit is fun

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy are fantastic movies that stand well even when considered outside of their respective universes. GotG may have some issues with pacing, but they are relatively minor.

Deadpool is a straight up riot and an absolute miracle of a comedy, in the sense that any other film trying to pull the same shit would have unequivocally ended in a tryhard clusterfuck of a movie. But it succeeded. And not only that, but it gave us the rare blessing of seeing butt nekkid Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin fucking like a couple of possessed squirrels.

Pau

I've said it before and I will say it again. Dan DiDio and Jim Lee need to be fucking fired. They are running DC into the ground. And putting all their stock in people like Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns are making a juggernaut irrelevant
they should really hire me instead

Clydefrog

I've only seen a handful of super hero / comics movies. I've seen the Nolan Batmans, two of the Tobey McGuire Spidermans, some X-mens, and Guardians of the Galaxy. No Iron Mans, Supermans, Thors, Avengers, etc. I dunno.

Lilith, you ever been to Go Greek Yogurt? I just went to the one in Corona del Mar and omg it was good. Dat honey

If you go in expecting not a marvel flick and not a Nolan film then you'll probably enjoy it a good amount.
Oh I'm sure I'll enjoy it (and Suicide Squad). I'm not sure what the right term to describe myself is, but I'm pretty easy? I like, enjoy and find fun in most things I experience, but I digress.

As said above, Deadpool was amazing.
The sequel is gonna suck, I can feel it.
Well, it wasn't going to suck until you brought it up and jinxed it!

But seriously, I'm sure it'll be great.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh and I loved Deadpool. If you want to mix tones this is how you do it. I'd say "Marvel films should take note", but they're making buckets of cash with their stupid schlock so they probably shouldn't try to emulate actual good film making

FloatOn

I'll say this. Suicide Squad is already ahead of BvS for me for one reason alone. It doesn't have this goofy motherfucker:

lex-luthor-bvs-header-174208-640x320.jpg

This dude practically ruined the movie for me

Other problems:

- dream sequence with Pa Kent was completely unnecessary
- big monster fight at the end was overkill. Should have been saved for another movie.

Jobbs

Banned
I'll say this. Suicide Squad is already ahead of BvS for me for one reason alone. It doesn't have this goofy motherfucker:

I loved that goofy motherfucker. I hated the kevin spacey crap in the last one.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Yes.

Yes.

A thousand yes.

Everything involving him and his "plan" was so nonsensical.

FloatOn

I loved that goofy motherfucker. I hated the kevin spacey crap in the last one.

Kevin Spacey was brilliant as Lex it's just too bad the rest of the movie sucked ass

Yes.

Yes.

A thousand yes.

Everything involving him and his "plan" was so nonsensical.

Rambling about Greek mythology doesn't make you a mastermind. His pseudo-intelligence was insulting.

It's like I get you played mark zuckerburg before but lex luthor isn't that.

Jobbs

Banned
I find other people's love/sex life more interesting than weird stonefaced superman and weird underpants in a twist batman

You haven't given us a funny date story in a while :(

I think your "shit" face from your presentation was the height of your comedy greatness thus far though haha

wish I could find that fuckin thing

FUME5

I think I'm better at lucioball than the actual game of overwatch.

I haven't played Overwatch in a while, since they nerfed the fuck out of two of my most played characters (Symmetra really didn't need the turret nerf) and none of my crew plays it with any regularity, my motivation to play it is gone.

It's better than whining about online dating tbh

Whining, yes.

I find other people's love/sex life more interesting than weird stonefaced superman and weird underpants in a twist batman

Batpants? Underbatpants? Batunderpants?

Pau, I need a ruling here.

You haven't given us a funny date story in a while :(

I think your "shit" face from your presentation was the height of your comedy greatness thus far though haha

wish I could find that fuckin thing

hey I'm working on it! at least I had some Dead Souls to offer. gonna meet magic guy on thursday and CNG next saturday. something embarrassing/funny/tragic is bound to happen one way or another. then it'll be time to post that pic again.

Jobbs

Banned
hey I'm working on it! at least I had some Dead Souls to offer. gonna meet magic guy on thursday and CNG next saturday. something embarrassing/funny/tragic is bound to happen one way or another. then it'll be time to post that pic again.

Dead Souls was pretty good, I guess that'll hold me over...

And I don't want your dates to be a disaster, I promise, I wish you only the best, but if they are a hilarious disaster that can be like the little silver lining to salvage from it :)

Dead Souls was pretty good, I guess that'll hold me over...

And I don't want your dates to be a disaster, I promise, I wish you only the best, but if they are a hilarious disaster that can be like the little silver lining to salvage from it :)

here's something else:
he was telling me how he visited his parents and I simply responded with "do they have cats"? only to then ask him "do you have cats?" the next day I dreamed of cats and I told him. and he was like "oh boy you really like cats huh?"

he must have a thread about crazy cat girl somewhere already.
but it's like IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA BRING UP NEW STUFF I'M JUST GONNA TALK ABOUT CATS

FUME5

here's something else:
he was telling me how he visited his parents and I simply responded with "do they have cats"? only to then ask him "do you have cats?" the next day I dreamed of cats and I told him. and he was like "oh boy you really like cats huh?"

but it's like IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA BRING UP NEW STUFF I'M JUST GONNA TALK ABOUT CATS

That's the problem about spending too much time talking via text before you meet. I'm a good conversationalist in person, but I'm not writing paragraphs on how my day is going and shit.

Jobbs

Banned
here's something else:

yeah this guy is a boring texter but maybe he'll be more interesting in person. you never know.

but if he doesn't give a shit about cats that sounds kind of annoying, because he'll be the guy going "ugh, this girl is so crazy about her cats" or whatever

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
FakeGAF, I need some advice for my thirst.

There's this customer who comes into where I currently work every week. I think she's really cute, she looks roughly the same age, and seems to keep her gaze on me to an extent. She seems pretty shy though. I have a brief period with which to speak to her but have only made the briefest of small talk twice, including our most recent encounter. Here I am still thinking of that.

How would I ask her name/number in a brief period? I'm afraid of being rejected but is there a smooth way to do this very quickly? I'm nervous because I have a fear of rejection only. It's fine, but it'd be embarrassing. However, it's reasonably plausible that she wants the D so I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I ask because a lot of you are women and know what you want, and I'm pretty sure that ALL of you have more experience than me with dating. -.-

That's the problem about spending too much time talking via text before you meet. I'm a good conversationalist in person, but I'm not writing paragraphs on how my day is going and shit.

I don't wanna hear about how is day is going, I just need to have some solid stats before meeting someone. like if we have nothing in common I don't want to meet up in the first place. that's what I'm using texting for normally...but with him it doesn't work.

Jobbs

Banned
FakeGAF, I need some advice for my thirst.

There's this customer who comes into where I currently work every week. I think she's really cute, she looks roughly the same age, and seems to keep her gaze on me to an extent. She seems pretty shy though. I have a brief period with which to speak to her but have only made the briefest of small talk twice, including our most recent encounter. Here I am still thinking of that.

How would I ask her name/number in a brief period? I'm afraid of being rejected but is there a smooth way to do this very quickly? I'm nervous because I have a fear of rejection only. It's fine, but it'd be embarrassing. However, it's reasonably plausible that she wants the D so I think the pros outweigh the cons.

If she actually is gazing at you a lot (and this isn't imagined) then it would be hard to fuck it up by asking her out. In my experience women don't sit around gazing at guys they have no interest in.

TLDR ask her out

When my parents first got married, my mom had a cat named Sebastian. My dad hated the cat and called it Piece of Trash, which was later shortened to just Trash. The nickname stuck and it wasn't long before Trash was never called Sebastian again.

Twenty-eight years later, my parents are still happily married.

I guess my point is sometimes it's okay if he doesn't love everything you love.

Also texting conversations are terrible for getting to know someone.

If she actually is gazing at you a lot (and this isn't imagined) then it would be hard to fuck it up by asking her out. In my experience women don't sit around gazing at guys they have no interest in.

TLDR ask her out

Dude I hold a gaze at retail employees all the time. What else am I going to look at?

Don't worry. He'll mention his love of inline skates any day now. ��

I wouldn't be surprised. it's either this or he's a freak in bed. but he's gotta be hiding something

When my parents first got married, my mom had a cat named Sebastian. My dad hated the cat and called it Piece of Trash, which was later shortened to just Trash. The nickname stuck and it wasn't long before Trash was never called Sebastian again.

Twenty-eight years later, my parents are still happily married.

I guess my point is sometimes it's okay if he doesn't love everything you love.

Also texting conversations are terrible for getting to know someone.
I think I already mentioned yesterday how he doesn't need to love everything I love. but I need some common ground to be attracted to someone. plus I just have to have some clues about what kind of person he is. without this I could just go meet random strangers.
his profile literally said nothing. he had only one pic and all other pics/info I got from googling him. he really doesn't seem used to online dating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom