• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
If she actually is gazing at you a lot (and this isn't imagined) then it would be hard to fuck it up by asking her out. In my experience women don't sit around gazing at guys they have no interest in.

TLDR ask her out

Hmm, I hope I'm not imagining it.

I mean, how embarrassing can it be for me if she says no, even if there's other people are? Who else would care besides maybe coworkers, two of whom constantly ask me why I don't have a girlfriend anyways?

You're goddamn right, I will report back with findings.

FUME5

I don't wanna hear about how is day is going, I just need to have some solid stats before meeting someone. like if we have nothing in common I don't want to meet up in the first place. that's what I'm using texting for normally...but with him it doesn't work.

You've got mutual attraction in common, but I hear what you're saying.

Opposites attract, but at this age I realise I'm looking for an easier fit.

Jobbs

Banned
When my parents first got married, my mom had a cat named Sebastian. My dad hated the cat and called it Piece of Trash, which was later shortened to just Trash. The nickname stuck and it wasn't long before Trash was never called Sebastian again.

Twenty-eight years later, my parents are still happily married.

I guess my point is sometimes it's okay if he doesn't love everything you love.

Also texting conversations are terrible for getting to know someone.

Dude I hold a gaze at retail employees all the time. What else am I going to look at?

Just going by how he described it.

Also stop telling stories that make your dad sound awful haha

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I don't wanna hear about how is day is going, I just need to have some solid stats before meeting someone. like if we have nothing in common I don't want to meet up in the first place. that's what I'm using texting for normally...but with him it doesn't work.
Yeah you've gotta find out if there is stuff in common.

I've got a lunch date with a new dude today. We've texted about random crap for the last few days so we know we have a lot on common.
except he likes anime. But not the 1000yo dragon kind as far as I've worked out

Yeah you've gotta find out if there is stuff in common.

I've got a lunch date with a new dude today. We've texted about random crap for the last few days so we know we have a lot on common.
except he likes anime. But not the 1000yo dragon kind as far as I've worked out
yess you gotta be able to text about random crap!
Today at work my dad bought Five Guys for everyone in the company.
like five...stripper guys?

Hmm, I hope I'm not imagining it.

I mean, how embarrassing can it be for me if she says no, even if there's other people are? Who else would care besides maybe coworkers, two of whom constantly ask me why I don't have a girlfriend anyways?

You're goddamn right, I will report back with findings.
She's probably trying to challenge you to a staring contest.

Good luck.

yess you gotta be able to text about random crap!

like five...stripper guys?

close enough

856916-five-guys-restaurants.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't eat grossly unhealthy food anymore. The guilt is always too powerful. That looks appetizing on a primal level, but beyond that it actually disgusts me.

oh and near the start when
the guy was about to shoot the undercover CIA guy -- I was fully expecting superman to swoop in and save him, and then he just gets shot in the head hahaha. I laughed

and the superman saving people scenes where it's portrayed as all dark and burdensome.. I laughed

I'm not even being negative. I found it legitimately funny. I ENJOYED it. I also liked the
techno music action scene near the end with wonder woman.
All that shit is fun

You wanna know Zach Snyder's reason for why that guy got shot? Why he "had to die"?

FUME5

can you imagine what kind of awesome joke it would be if he was just like "hey I bought five guys for each of you again!" and he opens the door and the Chippendales start walking in

If you want to make every straight male in the place self conscious about his abs.

Throwing his money around to make other people feel inadequate that they can't casually buy 40 people lunch.

No way! Fringe benefits are awesome.

that's a lot of guys!

looks so good!

psyke

barfguy gif

I don't have to put up with this. I'm leaving.

can you imagine what kind of awesome joke it would be if he was just like "hey I bought five guys for each of you again!" and he opens the door and the Chippendales start walking in

That sounds like the plot to a sitcom that wouldn't actually be funny in real life.

I can't eat grossly unhealthy food anymore. The guilt is always too powerful. That looks appetizing on a primal level, but beyond that it actually disgusts me.

I'm balancing it out by going out with my friend tonight to get salads walk down the beach.

I don't feel guilty when eating unhealthily because I keep track of it, and I'm quite able to offset the occasional indulgence. That said, there are definitely foods which just aren't appealing anymore because they're too sugary or fatty or similar.

FUME5

y u mad tho

There is a litany of reasons as to why I have a near endless well of rage to draw upon if needed.

In this case, however, I am not at all mad. But people going on about how KFC is the worst, no Popeyes is the worst, no Burger King is the worst, no Five Guys is the worst etc..is, as I quoted above, fucking stupid.

yeah man it was pertty cool. i got second place

Nice. What was your call sign and did you get to keep the jumpsuit?

Misha

Banned
Today's episode was good
it gave me one of the two things I've been wanting for like 50 episodes now and set up perfectly for the second one(well I think it did. that only depends on if some intermediary stuff happens which also happens to be a good plot point that I've considered for like 30 episodes).

just rewatched the end :D

zeemumu

it gave me one of the two things I've been wanting for like 50 episodes now and set up perfectly for the second one(well I think it did. that only depends on if some intermediary stuff happens which also happens to be a good plot point that I've considered for like 30 episodes).

just rewatched the end :D
I've been expecting Stevonnie dual-wielding Steven and Connie's powers ever since Connie got the sword. It was cool to finally see her in action. I feel bad for Amethyst, though. Jasper did some serious damage to her psyche. It even looked like she was trying to reform herself into a more Jasper-looking base form when she came back.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The very phrase "carrot dog" makes me gag. Please stop.

Pancake Mix

Sorry if I've been an ass sometimes FakeGAF, I'm looking at you Lillith. I don't mean to be.

Anyways:

She's probably trying to challenge you to a staring contest.

Good luck.

Would.

I hope this works and I don't embarrass myself. Maybe I'm imagining it. Need to know her name (and hopefully number) first.

Misha

Banned
I've been expecting Stevonnie dual-wielding Steven and Connie's powers ever since Connie got the sword. It was cool to finally see her in action. I feel bad for Amethyst, though. Jasper did some serious damage to her psyche. It even looked like she was trying to reform herself into a more Jasper-looking base form when she came back.
ever since the season 2 intro for me :D

This was an inevitable thing for amethyst ever since they brought up her issues and never resolved them. Also it would be more dramatic for Steven to heal corruption from someone he knew. just like how he healed her crack.
next episode title spoiler:
Its not going to help that Bismuth is from the time of the war so she's good friends with pearl and garnet but doesn't know/care about amy and amy is going to get left behind again way down the pecking order, I guess only above peridot.
I wonder how exactly it will be resolved with amethyst though. like I'm not sure if they can find a way to power her up to match with the power creep from the other characters. maybe she'll find someone to fuse with and be happy long term? that would be unfortunate though

AcridMeat

Banned
Suspicious because I haven't hung out with this girl for a couple of months before this, and looking back it kind of feels like our decline coincides with my relationship with Justin pretty closely. Now the day after we break up she's like hey lets hang out again.

To be fair, it's probably more my fault than hers.
This happens. Of if you want to get tin foily, she didn't like what you were like in the relationship and avoided it, and secretly loved that you broke up. :p
I think I'm better at lucioball than the actual game of overwatch.
Won't let me log in. ;~;
I find other people's love/sex life more interesting than weird stonefaced superman and weird underpants in a twist batman
Fucking same, but no one wants to talk about it.

I saw Guardians for John C. Reilly and Vin Diesel and enjoyed myself, I saw Deadpool because it looked great and was. I haven't seen any of those movies otherwise. Fell asleep trying to watch Avengers a couple years ago and gave up.

I'm really in tune with my movie interests though, so I don't subject myself to shit I know I won't like often.
If you want to make every straight male in the place self conscious about his abs.
Man, working that Halloween party a couple years ago was the most self conscious I've ever been. Speaking of superheroes I was supposed to be a superhero, and these fuckin jacked gogo dancers were the villains.

What an interesting night lmao.
all is forgiven

U8OnTL3.gif
ffffffffffffffff it's so proud of itself when it gets out. hahahaha

Pau

I wonder if Hulu ever put season 2 up.

DC presents the Batfamily Cinematic Universe

Batman Begins Again
Batman and Robin
Batgirl
Batman and the Next Robin
Nightwing
Batwoman
Robin 3
Gotham Central
A Batfamily Christmas
I mean, you're not wrong but I'd also have a lot of other superheroes getting their own movies! Also no more pre-Robin Batman stories.

Jobbs

Banned
I hope this works and I don't embarrass myself. Maybe I'm imagining it. Need to know her name (and hopefully number) first.

No need to embarrass yourself. If you're nice, women will often let you down easy by saying they have a boyfriend or whatever, then you can choose to believe it.

If you're charming you can also playfully acknowledge your failed attempt and have a laugh

Speaking of women, my girlfriend got me these skull shotglasses

Xu5Rukq.png

Jesus, kittens are too cute.

Lili doesn't even like cats, which is why the gesture was appreciated haha

Pancake Mix

No need to embarrass yourself. If you're nice, women will often let you down easy by saying they have a boyfriend or whatever, then you can choose to believe it.

If you're charming you can also playfully acknowledge your failed attempt and have a laugh

Speaking of women, my girlfriend got me these skull shotglasses

Xu5Rukq.png

Thanks, that helps. The thirst is real, I hope this works.

And I can tell your girlfriend's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom