• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I am so fucking sick of articles that begin with 'A NEW STUDY SAYS...' and then make the implication that this singular, bold, new study is now The Definitive Answer we've all been looking for. God, i hate how the media likes to simplify things for header hits and click bait.

A new study says X causes cancer. No literally. The letter X causes cancer. - DailyFail.co.uk

phd051809s.gif

I am so fucking sick of articles that begin with 'A NEW STUDY SAYS...' and then make the implication that this singular, bold, new study is now The Definitive Answer we've all been looking for. God, i hate how the media likes to simplify things for header hits and click bait.

A new study says X causes cancer. No literally. The letter X causes cancer. - DailyFail.co.uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw

This John Oliver segment is so good.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
The thing with Dreamcatchers is that they are from a specific tribe. So like even if she IS Native American, it is still kinda weird to have that is she isn't specfically from that nation.

Like if you had a Korean g/f would you be like, "You should get a badass samurai tattoo!"

FakeEdit: Wiki says the tribe is the Ojibwe

Jobbs

Banned
I'm not trying to be critical! I just want people to be honest about why they're doing stuff. :)

Yeah, one percent of people have celiac disease. Gluten doesn't harm 99% of people and avoiding it without replacing all the other nutrients that gluten-foods generally have is unhealthy and narcissistic.

And for what it's worth I wouldn't have made the joke had I known it was actually 1/4th.

all is forgiven puppyinabox.gif

my mother seems to think gluten "sensitivity" is a thing (apart from celiac disease) I'm not quite sure if that's true or not though

The thing with Dreamcatchers is that they are from a specific tribe. So like even if she IS Native American, it is still kinda weird to have that is she isn't specfically from that nation.

Like if you had a Korean g/f would you be like, "You should get a badass samurai tattoo!"

FakeEdit: Wiki says the tribe is the Ojibwe

who gives a shit what someone's reason for wanting a tattoo is? "it looks cool" alone is enough reason

Ceallach

my mother seems to think gluten "sensitivity" is a thing (apart from celiac disease) I'm not quite sure if that's true or not though

who gives a shit what someone's reason for wanting a tattoo is? "it looks cool" alone is enough reason

Uh, you were literally just judging celtic tattoos for not having any meaning.

Jobbs

Banned
Uh, you were literally just judging celtic tattoos for not having any meaning.

I don't like celtic tattoos because they look bad and they seem to be too common, but if someone got one I wouldn't make fun of it. I'd just quietly think it's not a great tattoo.

Meanwhile, I don't know if dreamcatchers have any significance to the native americans in her family. I haven't asked, I haven't met them. I also haven't seen a lot of dreamcatcher tattoos. I didn't know they were ubiquitous.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

I wanna say there's no such thing as gluten sensitivity but I have issues with it. Dr "diagnosed" me as a coeliac in 2010 but I don't trust it. I can eat gluten stuff and be fine majority of the time but then I'll have an occasional incident where I react to it. Tried to narrow the things down to maybe a sauce or a veggie but no, it's always the wheat in certain foods :/
Refuse to call myself a coeliac though. Don't wanna get lumped in with those crazies.

I wanna say there's no such thing as gluten sensitivity but I have issues with it. Dr "diagnosed" me as a coeliac in 2010 but I don't trust it. I can eat gluten stuff and be fine majority of the time but then I'll have an occasional incident where I react to it. Tried to narrow the things down to maybe a sauce or a veggie but no, it's always the wheat in certain foods :/
Refuse to call myself a coeliac though. Don't wanna get lumped in with those crazies.

You're not crazy if you've literally been diagnosed with it. The crazy people are the ones saying they have it without being diagnosed.

FUME5

I don't like celtic tattoos because they look bad and they seem to be too common, but if someone got one I wouldn't make fun of it. I'd just quietly think it's not a great tattoo.

Meanwhile, I don't know if dreamcatchers have any significance to the native americans in her family. I haven't asked, I haven't met them. I also haven't seen a lot of dreamcatcher tattoos. I didn't know they were ubiquitous.

You should get a 'meat is murder' tattoo and hang out with Morrisey.

I have a deeply unpleasant 36 hour intestinal reaction to some kinds of beer. Haven't figured it out. It is quantity related, in that I can generally have 300mL of any beer and not regret it, but any more of the bad ones and I'm fucked.

Everyone suggests gluten but I eat a fuckton of bread without issue (aside from having my great abs well hidden by fat).

You should get a 'meat is murder' tattoo and hang out with Morrisey.

Murder is defined as the unlawful, premeditated killing of one human by another. Animals are not human and it's not unlawful to kill them for food. If you wanna be vegan then more power to you, but don't twist the meaning of words just to get a rise from people!

Im gonna tattoo a rainbow on my dick and tell my partner/date/hook up "taste the rainbow".

I don't believe you.

FUME5

I have a deeply unpleasant 36 hour intestinal reaction to some kinds of beer. Haven't figured it out. It is quantity related, in that I can generally have 300mL of any beer and not regret it, but any more of the bad ones and I'm fucked.

Everyone suggests gluten but I eat a fuckton of bread without issue (aside from having my great abs well hidden by fat).

Maybe something in the hops or yeast is reacting to the micro-flora in your gut?

Sounds like a shitty tattoo.

I'm thinking more along the lines of robot wings. I'm 1/16th robot.

A big 'ol Terminator skull right above your pubic bone should do the trick.

Murder is defined as the unlawful, premeditated killing of one human by another. Animals are not human and it's not unlawful to kill them for food. If you wanna be vegan then more power to you, but don't twist the meaning of words just to get a rise from people!

MeatMurder.jpg

That's Morriseys schtick, not mine.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't think eating animals is murder, btw. I'm not crazy.

I don't even act judgemental towards people who eat meat. If they ask, I'll explain why I think it's bad

FUME5

I don't think eating animals is murder, btw. I'm not crazy.

I don't even act judgemental towards people who eat meat. If they ask, I'll explain why I think it's bad

I know mate.

Makes sense, but I wish it were more obvious to me which ones to avoid other than regret and hindsight.

Look into the ones that set you off and see if there is something in common in them that the others are lacking? Basic advice I know, and unlikely to be something on the label. But since hops is used to treat intestinal disorders maybe it's a specific type of yeast?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Antibody test?

Look into the ones that set you off and see if there is something in common in them that the others are lacking? Basic advice I know, and unlikely to be something on the label. But since hops is used to treat intestinal disorders maybe it's a specific type of yeast?

Yeah, the ingredient lists aren't particularly helpful— e.g. "spring water, malted barley, hops, and yeast", oh boy.

A couple of the ones I can safely over-indulge in do list more specifics on their website, so that's a start. Mostly I just stick to the usual 4-5 (this is not a new thing— have been so afflicted for a decade now).

FUME5

Yeah, the ingredient lists aren't particularly helpful— e.g. "spring water, malted barley, hops, and yeast", oh boy.

A couple of the ones I can safely over-indulge in do list more specifics on their website, so that's a start. Mostly I just stick to the usual 4-5 (this is not a new thing— have been so afflicted for a decade now).

4-5 Litres? Yeah me too.

It will be a fake one. I love my penis as it is. <3

Didn't someone on these boards (Joey Fox I think) tattoo his name on his dick himself and then get a cover up from a professional?

Ceallach

I made enchiladas and played some PC Engine all night. I fucking love the PC Engine everything is bright, colorful and weird as fuck.

But I saw we were talking Morrisey/Smiths earlier. I am such a massive Morrissey and Marr fan, I love everything the two have ever been a part of. The Smiths entire catalog is brilliant.

FUME5

I made enchiladas and played some PC Engine all night. I fucking love the PC Engine everything is bright, colorful and weird as fuck.

But I saw we were talking Morrisey/Smiths earlier. I am such a massive Morrissey and Marr fan, I love everything the two have ever been a part of. The Smiths entire catalog is brilliant.

When I was in Singapore (I want to say around 1990) for a holiday I almost spent all of the cash I'd saved the past year to buy a PC Engine and Splatterhouse. My father reminding me that I'd have to import (which would have been ridiculously expensive at the time) every other game stopped me and I spent it on some Jordans instead.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Trophies are the most addicting thing ever. Never did I think I would love useless accomplishments this much. NX really needs something like this/achievements.

You're playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/the original Dracula X right?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I was so addicted to trophies x achievements back in high school , like insane about them

Thankfully I don't give a shit anymore, 100% a game, lol nah

Only have 2 platinums, both of which were easy, I'm not that dedicated. It's just addicting in general for me.

Did some fucking moron actually give Trump a Purple Heart and did he fucking say at a rally that it's "easier this way"?

It was a copy of the veteran's Purple Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom