• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
What's so bad about them? :/

You probably know this, but KK Downing quit in 2011, though Richie Faulkner is pretty good. The problem is that KK Downing is hard to replace, though I don't know if he still had amazing riffs in him at this point anyways.

Aside from that, Rob can't sing like he used to, which is expected. Bruce's voice did age a bit better though, but he's also a few years younger.

Xiao Hu

Well, Priest started in 1969, Maiden started in 1975. I generally like Iron Maiden better, but with Judas Priest sometimes the old saying applies: "the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

The Hellion/Electric Eye - Judas Priest

In particular, Rob often sang at a very high pitch, where Bruce was usually more mid-range, and didn't try to hit all the high notes live after 1982. A good example is the end of Where Eagles Dare.

Bruce was crazy when he first joined Iron Maiden though, listen to this!:

Iron Maiden - Purgatory (Rome 1981)

I generally hold Judas Priest in a higher regard than Iron Maiden because I like there work up to Painkiller (probably my most favourite metal album of all time, hands down) more.

What's so bad about them? :/

The quality that has deteriorated with the post Painkiller era. I can't listen to their newer stuff since Rob's voice isn't what it used to be and the majority of the compositions sound soooo bland. Iron Maiden on the other hand have delivered two very good albums recently which I have to give them credits for.

Elaborate!

well first off: we met several times in the past, made out once and apart from that kinda never made anything more happen. the other "dates" were more like "friends" hanging out I guess? like we never talked about anything ever. after not seeing him for a long time I suddenly run into him some time ago, we talk a bit, all well. I then messaged him a couple of days after that because I was at this magic booster draft and he was one of my main people to play magic with..like that's what we did. that's why I told him I was there. a bit of texting back and forth and he invites me to play some magic with him again. I agree and so we did.

today: we have a good time, laugh and talk a lot. he mentioned several times how he has just "soo much free time" lately, clearly hinting that we should do this thing more often. I even asked him if he wanted to join this p'n'p party I was trying to start (even though he istn't really into that kinda thing) and he seemed like was willing to come to that too.
after we were done playing we literally talked about everything without any pause. everything from future plans to food and other stuff. I had one of these moments I always never have...where I suddenly ask myself why it didn't work out with us in the past....he seemed way more chill for some reason, all the doubts I used to have weren't really there anymore. and he seemed like he wanted to spend more time together too. so perfect, right? well we change topics and start talking about personal stuff. or more like he told me a lot of personal stuff...which was kinda weird after not having seen each other in such a long time I guess but he opened up to a lot of emotional/past relationship issues all of the sudden. I listen and ask a bit of questions and he suddenly reveals that he is seeing someone at the moment and that things are "pretty close".
I acted as if it didn't surprise me but seriously...his whole behaviour was the one of a single person, even an interested one I might say. he even dropped lines like "well cooking for one person alone isn't really worth it" when talking about food. there were zero indications he was with someone.
after this whole thing he still seemed like he could just sit and talk for hours, I actually had to end it at one point in order to catch my last bus.
like what the fuck was going on there?!
sorry for long confused post

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I generally hold Judas Priest in a higher regard than Iron Maiden because I like there work up to Painkiller (probably my most favourite metal album of all time, hands down) more.

The quality that has deteriorated with the post Painkiller era. I can't listen to their newer stuff since Rob's voice isn't what it used to be and the majority of the compositions sound soooo bland. Iron Maiden on the other hand have delivered two very good albums recently which I have to give them credits for.

That's fair enough. Judas Priest was my introduction to metal actually and it's a fantastic one.

I think Bruce's voice has changed due to the sands of time in much the same way as Bruce's, the difference being that Bruce usually sang in mid-range, but it can be heard pretty clearly here when he had a wider range:

Remember Tomorrow and Killers live, Bruce's first show 1981

Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow "Live" with Bruce 1981 or 1982- This really shows his range

zeemumu

well first off: we met several times in the past, made out once and apart from that kinda never made anything more happen. the other "dates" were more like "friends" hanging out I guess? like we never talked about anything ever. after not seeing him for a long time I suddenly run into him some time ago, we talk a bit, all well. I then messaged him a couple of days after that because I was at this magic booster draft and he was one of my main people to play magic with..like that's what we did. that's why I told him I was there. a bit of texting back and forth and he invites me to play some magic with him again. I agree and so we did.

today: we have a good time, laugh and talk a lot. he mentioned several times how he has just "soo much free time" lately, clearly hinting that we should do this thing more often. I even asked him if he wanted to join this p'n'p party I was trying to start (even though he istn't really into that kinda thing) and he seemed like was willing to come to that too.
after we were done playing we literally talked about everything without any pause. everything from future plans to food and other stuff. I had one of these moments I always never have...where I suddenly ask myself why it didn't work out with us in the past....he seemed way more chill for some reason, all the doubts I used to have weren't really there anymore. and he seemed like he wanted to spend more time together too. so perfect, right? well we change topics and start talking about personal stuff. or more like he told me a lot of personal stuff...which was kinda weird after not having seen each other in such a long time I guess but he opened up to a lot of emotional/past relationship issues all of the sudden. I listen and ask a bit of questions and he suddenly reveals that he is seeing someone at the moment and that things are "pretty close".
I acted as if it didn't surprise me but seriously...his whole behaviour was the one of a single person, even an interested one I might say. he even dropped lines like "well cooking for one person alone isn't really worth it" when talking about food. there were zero indications he was with someone.
after this whole thing he still seemed like he could just sit and talk for hours, I actually had to end it at one point in order to catch my last bus.

Damn it. I was happy for you right up until that last third.

At the very least, you had a good time, right? It wasn't the awkward dumpster fire that you feared

That's totally unfair and inconsistent. It almost feels like maybe he made up the person he's dating after he couldn't tell if you were into him or not. I dunno. That's just weird. if he's having these problems then he should be talking to her about it, not you, which raises the question of their relationship being as close as he says it is.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe ask him more about her?

Android? Just be glad it didn't come up with Buttsburgh.

Sounds like he is interested in you, despite seeing someone, then realized he might be leading you on and name dropped her. I may be projecting— having done the same thing a few times in the past. I think I am better at avoiding it now.
hm well I certainly got this feeling too. or maybe he's just not happy in his current relationship? idk
Damn it. I was happy for you right up until that last third.

At the very least, you had a good time, right? It wasn't the awkward dumpster fire that you feared
yeah this is how I felt ;/
That's totally unfair and inconsistent. It almost feels like maybe he made up the person he's dating after he couldn't tell if you were into him or not. I dunno. That's just weird. if he's having these problems then he should be talking to her about it, not you, which raises the question of their relationship being as close as he says it is.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe ask him more about her?
it really did feel made up but he said a name and everything, I just can't believe he would lie like that. and he didn't really adress relationship problems they have...it was more about past relationships and how it still affects us etc.so maybe just a little bit concerning the new girl. but 2#+ß&%"§§ I just dunno. ;/

jb1234

So many mixed signals. He might have assumed that you were there as a friendship interest, as opposed to a romantic one. That's a gentler interpretation than assuming he was leading you on and then either felt guilty about it or whatever so he dropped the GF bomb. It ultimately doesn't matter, since he's unavailable. I'd move on.

hm well I certainly got this feeling too. or maybe he's just not happy in his current relationship? idk

If he were interested in dumping her for you, he certainly could have made that clear.

How serious is 'seeing someone' where you live? Some places that's "instant monogamy", and in others people see lots of someone's at the same time until something gets serious.

IHaveIce

Banned

Ah man that is a weird situation :(

Sorry for bringing something else up, but man I totally have to go to a magic booster draft again sometime

So many mixed signals. He might have assumed that you were there as a friendship interest, as opposed to a romantic one. That's a gentler interpretation than assuming he was leading you on and then either felt guilty about it or whatever so he dropped the GF bomb. It ultimately doesn't matter, since he's unavailable. I'd move on.

yeah I mean I don't think I did anything that might've looked more than friendly but what he said still kinda does imo. he even offered me booze, I just remembered. that's how the last time we "hooked up" happened. it's just not like we're besties and meet up all the time so why now. hm. you're right about that last bit tho. gonna watch some Gossip Girl and wait for my date with CNG
giphy.gif

If he were interested in dumping her for you, he certainly could have made that clear.

How serious is 'seeing someone' where you live? Some places that's "instant monogamy", and in others people see lots of someone's at the same time until something gets serious.
well yeah, monogamy. he's also kinda old fashioned so I don't think he would try to get it on with me while having a gf.

Ah man that is a weird situation :(

Sorry for bringing something else up, but man I totally have to go to a magic booster draft again sometime

haha doo eet! I need to practice a lot more, I was so bad.

Lost three pounds this week, hair is still growing, and my hairline...well, it's not receding anymore. :D
I wish it would grow back ;__;

I usually hate photos of myself, but this isn't bad, and I was feeling good after that shower.

JOHNNY WRESTLING

*clap clap clapclapclap*

So pumped to watch this Gargano/Ciampa match even though I know who wins, I love both these guys

Separate note, still no responses :c

Pau

Kark's new computer is up and running. So now I can finally make Wayne Manor in the Sims 3. So excited. Looking up custom content for it.

Also wondering what kind of art is used to decorate the mansion. Who would the Waynes have bought paintings from? Who would Bruce's favorite artists be? These will be the questions I think about for the next few days.

IHaveIce

Banned
haha doo eet! I need to practice a lot more, I was so bad.

my last magic matches were all through the videogames, you would still kick my ass probably.

Man booster drafts for magic or yugioh always were the shit at the card and fantasy shops, I have to look up which still do these here in Hamburg.

I once lost a magic booster draft tornament in the semifinals, because I sat at the wrong table and my original opponent and the guy scheduled to play on the seat I took didn't say anything till my match finished.

I was so salty lmao.... oh my god that was 8 years ago by now

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Lost three pounds this week, hair is still growing, and my hairline...well, it's not receding anymore. :D
I wish it would grow back ;__;

I usually hate photos of myself, but this isn't bad, and I was feeling good after that shower.
Can you grow/tolerate a fro, though? I think your face is very nicely shaped for one.

my last magic matches were all through the videogames, you would still kick my ass probably.

Man booster drafts for magic or yugioh always were the shit at the card and fantasy shops, I have to look up which still do these here in Hamburg.

I once lost a magic booster draft tornament in the semifinals, because I sat at the wrong table and my original opponent and the guy scheduled to play on the seat I took didn't say anything till my match finished.

I was so salty lmao.... oh my god that was 8 years ago by now

wow those assholes!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's some amazing hair, Baroque

Jobbs

Banned
Just cast my final actor 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

I'm goldilocks when it comes to boobs. That perfect middle size and I'm in heaven. If I had to choose though, smaller would be better than large.

I don't really have a size mandate, I'm a big picture guy, I guess, for whatever that's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C is hard to go wrong with though

Just cast my final actor 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

I don't really have a size mandate, I'm a big picture guy, I guess, for whatever that's worth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C is hard to go wrong with though

ooooooooooohh :sings song:: 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's all about proportion.

Petite girls can be hot af, just like curvy and athletic ones. Big boobs go well with larger butts and/or hips, but at the end of the day size is not as important as shape and nippling, IMO.

Jobbs

Banned
It's all about proportion.

Petite girls can be hot af, just like curvy and athletic ones. Big boobs go well with larger butts and/or hips, but at the end of the day size is not as important as shape and nippling, IMO.

I always feel weird sitting around dissecting what looks "hot" in women because this isn't a boy's locker room, but suffice it to say I like different body types and my current GF is very petite but my last one had big boobs and stuff so I don't have a strict rule on these things

ooooooooooohh :sings song:: ������������������������������������

♪♪♫♫♫ :D

I like your new avatar :D

Jobbs

Banned
I tend to attract guys that are into butts. some dudes reallyyyy focus on this. it's weird.

yeah.. some dudes are weird about butts or big butts. I'm not like that personally

At my last job I sometimes sat next to this big dude who was super into big booty girls, and I'd be working and he'd always nudge me and be like "hey can you help me with something" and I'd look at his screen and it's just a big booty then he'd laugh.. and I'd be like "oh you.."

yeah, though, guys are weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom