• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
This could be us.
bb1485aa50.gif

I'm rewatching this movie right now with a girl wtf

Jobbs

Banned
"Have you ever done or said anything accidentally racist?"

No, I've never... dammit!

My first encounter with the N word was really weird.

When I was 9, at baseball practice, some kid called me "nigger" (we were in some redneck town, none of us knew any black people) And I asked the kid "what's that mean?" and he said "it means you crapped yourself!"

So when gramps picked me up, I asked him about it, and he looked a little upset, then laughed, explained it, then looked a little upset again.

zeemumu

"Have you ever done or said anything accidentally racist?"

No, I've never... dammit!

Would racists identify as being racist? Most that I know try to justify their clearly racist views with bullshit. Kind of like how you wouldn't justify horrible things with "because I'm evil." You'd say that it was necessary or some such nonsense.

My first encounter with the N word was really weird.

When I was 9, at baseball practice, some kid called me "nigger" (we were in some redneck town, none of us knew any black people) And I asked the kid "what's that mean?" and he said "it means you crapped yourself!"

So when gramps picked me up, I asked him about it, and he looked a little upset, then laughed, explained it, then looked a little upset again.

I don't remember when I first heard that word, but it was probably thanks to someone within my own extended family. Damn southern roots.

Would racists identify as being racist? Most that I know try to justify their clearly racist views with bullshit. Kind of like how you wouldn't justify horrible things with "because I'm evil." You'd say that it was necessary or some such nonsense.

Probably not. Most people will go for gold in mental gymnastics before admitting such a thing. The diet racist types anyway.

FloatOn

They're not really comparable. Ys is focused more on hardcore combat whereas Zelda cares more about slow-paced exploration.

(I prefer Ys. Much less padding, at least in the pre-Ys VII games).

idk.... the top down Ys games and the top down Zelda games seem pretty comparable.

I think they diverge when Zelda went 3d. I'm not sure how 3d Ys is

jb1234

idk.... the top down Ys games and the top down Zelda games seem pretty comparable.

I think they diverge when Zelda went 3d. I'm not sure how 3d Ys is

In some ways but Zelda combat still remains fairly sedate and relatively unchallenging. Even on Normal, Felghana is not an easy game.

jb1234

Due to a series of very stupid changes to my fixed income, I now find myself having to make the choice between eating and health care every month. I spent hours on hold between different government agencies before finally being told that I'm fucked. I am extremely stressed over this. I ate an entire pint of Sweet Cream Coffee Caramel Haagen-Dazs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom