• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
My work gave me today off because of Good Friday, which is great because I have a lot of stuff I want to draw and animate.

Hal, did Evy wake you up? I hope she's doing alright! Do you have anyone who can take care of her while you and the wife go see BvS?

Salt and Sanctuary is such bullshit. Jesus CHRIST.

Thank you

Just beating my head against some of these bosses. That dragon in the castle was bad enough. Now it's that scorpion-ish dude and man, I can't get him!

In the end I just grinded a whole bunch so I could spam dex moves on the bosses. It's a shame the bosses are so terrible because I really love the exploration and platforming in the game.

Halcyon

My work gave me today off because of Good Friday, which is great because I have a lot of stuff I want to draw and animate.

Hal, did Evy wake you up? I hope she's doing alright! Do you have anyone who can take care of her while you and the wife go see BvS?

Thank you

Yea she woke me up but she was actually down at 10 or so which let us sleep quite a bit. Everyone's doing good.

Wife is still recovering from the birth and she's breastfeeding so wouldn't be down to leave her with anyone for a few more weeks probably.

I'll be going to see it saturday most likely. I had entertained the idea of a half day today and seeing it.

Heyyy
Do you have a sweet dad bod yet?

If anything I've made more progress on my cut for summer.

jb1234

In the end I just grinded a whole bunch so I could spam dex moves on the bosses. It's a shame the bosses are so terrible because I really love the exploration and platforming in the game.

I'm really banging my head against The Third Lamb. He's just absolute bullshit. Really, the last few areas of the game have been.

Jobbs

Banned
Nothing in Salt & Sanctuary compares to that swamp I spent hours on last night in Dark Souls 3

I was legitimately raging -- it was quiet rage, but it was intense

jb1234

Nothing in Salt & Sanctuary compares to that swamp I spent hours on last night in Dark Souls 3

I was legitimately raging -- it was quiet rage, but it was intense

GOT HIM. After like 25 tries. Wow, I'm pissed. And I just know that DS3 will piss me off just as much, if not more.

(Just did a search and it turns out I did this area and boss far before I was supposed to. That would explain the difficulty spike, I guess. :|)

Jobbs

Banned
Just got to an impressive new location in Dark Souls 3.

The game is absolutely nasty, it's brutal, it's the meanest Souls game yet IMO, but the moments of beauty are undeniable.

I had to take this gif

That's not a fake backdrop, that's the actual place you go to. You cross the bridge and keep going.

tumblr_o4ko42oLR11skpwzjo1_500.jpg

Still an inspiration.

GOT HIM. After like 25 tries. Wow, I'm pissed. And I just know that DS3 will piss me off just as much, if not more.

(Just did a search and it turns out I did this area and boss far before I was supposed to. That would explain the difficulty spike, I guess. :|)

Man, I'm so bummed I missed the stream :(

I kept trying to jump onto the app but it gave me nothin but misbehaviour.

Sitting with the family post niece's birthday and we're all watching Princess Bride.
I keep forgetting how completely awesome it is.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I been following the Slain thread on and off and it sucks that it turned out sour D:
I was really excited about it months back

End game spoilers
That ending though, wow haha

Gonna try some more Castlevania streaming tonight

twitch.tv/fengshuifever

Srsly tho, I hope the dev pulls out of this stall and recovers soonish.

The pixel art looks fine, but it should've gone to Early Access instead final release.

I hope Hyper Light Drifter is good, at least.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
You didn't like the dawn of the dead remake?

Or did you forget it exists?
Watchmen and DotD both suck. The former completely got the tone wrong and the latter ruined the tension of the original. Snyder is AWFUL.

He very clearly doesn't understand or care for Superman or Batman. I wasted 3 hours of my life on that piece of shit last night.

Halcyon

I have a batman tattoo and i'm currently drinking coffee out of a batman mug.

It's going to have to be horrendously bad for me to really dislike it. Like Indiana Jones 4 levels of bad.

I like Watchmen and I like 300 for what they are. I even weirdly kinda liked Sucker Punch.

Supes is just OP, that's what I hate most about him and that movie showed it zzzzzzzuperman

Batman was actually good and had great scenes , Afflect is no Bale but he was good

The rest is just a mess , lol so many dreams sequences X cut away, who got paid to edit , can't have been just zack

Every time I do something I'll have my theme song play, if you see the movie you'll get the joke :p

Watchmen and DotD both suck. The former completely got the tone wrong and the latter ruined the tension of the original. Snyder is AWFUL.

He very clearly doesn't understand or care for Superman or Batman. I wasted 3 hours of my life on that piece of shit last night.

Watchmen is the finest superhero film ever made. Dawn of the Dead remake was a lot of fun too.

FloatOn

Watchman was a 1:1 copy just like 300. Except for the ending which made better sense for a movie than the comic book ending

FloatOn

To be clear, I'm not bothered by Snyder like I am Michael Bay. He is a gimmick though and I can see how that can be tiresome.

The only thing from him that I hated was Suckerpunch which was less movie and more music video

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Watchman was a 1:1 copy just like 300. Except for the ending which made better sense for a movie than the comic book ending

No it wasn't. All of the flashy fighting, nite owl's reaction to rorschach's death and his stupid attack of ozymandias and ozymandias taking it,-completely out of character, just the entire tone was fucked up. It was superficially similar, but tonally dissonant.

FloatOn

No it wasn't. All of the flashy fighting, nite owl's reaction to rorschach's death and his stupid attack of ozymandias and ozymandias taking it,-completely out of character, just the entire tone was fucked up. It was superficially similar, but tonally dissonant.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

I really don't see how it could have been adapted better. Watchmen is my favorite graphic novel and for a long time it was said that it was impossible to adapt into a film.

For what it is, I think it's a miracle that we got what we got. By it's very nature I think book to film adaptations will never capture the feeling of reading the source material for the first time.

I mean, even the Lord of the Rings trilogy which are damn fine films miss stuff from the books upon which they were based.

Misha

Banned
@Lilith did you like iron man 3?

To be clear, I'm not bothered by Snyder like I am Michael Bay. He is a gimmick though and I can see how that can be tiresome.

The only thing from him that I hated was Suckerpunch which was less movie and more music video

Is that the common complaint about suckerpunch? My problem with it was mostly that it was needlessly edgy. otherwise(basically visually) I remember finding it fun

Watchmen though I didn't like

Halcyon

I'm taking a half day here and I'm gonna go catch BvS with my mom at 12:20 so I will know what I think about it soon enough.

I toyed with the idea of not mentioning I was doing this with my wife as I was feeling a little guilty about it, but I called her and told her I would bring her home some food that we can't get at home and that smoothed it over.

edit: ^ haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom