• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

Anyone try The Flame in the Flood?

I haven't played much of anything really since December other than The Division and some BDO (and barely those) and RL is finally calming down for me so I'm looking for some new games to play on my PC/XB1/PS4 and this one looks pretty interesting.

What else has really came out between Jan-March other than Division and Far Cry which I have no interest in. Indie, full AAA whatever

Kevyt

giphy.gif

FloatOn

I'm indifferent to batman v superman despite actually enjoying man of steel

one thing I HATE are movies that are needlessly bloated and I suspect this one will be.

a perfect example of this was avengers 2. god what a piece of shit that was.

I haven't played much of anything really since December other than The Division and some BDO (and barely those) and RL is finally calming down for me so I'm looking for some new games to play on my PC/XB1/PS4 and this one looks pretty interesting.

What else has really came out between Jan-March other than Division and Far Cry which I have no interest in. Indie, full AAA whatever

Stardew Valley is supposed to be the new hotness but I don't have time for that.

reserving all my video game time for dark souls 3 when it hits.

edit - SUPERHOT is also supposed to be very good. and I have heard favorable things about The Flame in the Flood

Matt Lees, Quintin Smith and Joe Skrebels (who are all great) talk about it 6:45 into this podcast

I haven't played it but Joe & Quinns gives a good rundown of what they think

Also Devil Daggers is rad, but there's not a lot to it. A good, cheap, try and beat your survival time FPS

Somnia

No real interest in Stardew, but I completely forgot about SUPERHOT. I need to look into that one too.

Thanks for the link Robot, will give it a listen the game looks really interesting.

Misha

Banned
No real interest in Stardew, but I completely forgot about SUPERHOT. I need to look into that one too.

Thanks for the link Robot, will give it a listen the game looks really interesting.

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years

What even is it

From the OP because I'm bad at explaining:

Mafia is a game about lying, and detecting lies. Invented in 1986 as Ма́фия in the U.S.S.R. by Dmitry Davidoff, mafia is a party-game with a rather morbid turn. In mafia's most basic form, players are assigned by the game-runner to one of two alignments: the majority to the Town, and the minority to the Mafia (known as the Werewolves in some versions). If a player is assigned to the Town, they know only their own alignment. If a player is assigned to the Mafia, they know the alignments of the other players assigned to the Mafia too. The alignment of everyone else remains a mystery.

The game alternates between a Day Phase and a Night Phase. During the Day Phase, all living players discuss and vote on who will be lynched. When the majority vote for a player, that player is lynched and are dead and out of the game. The game then enters the Night Phase, where the Mafia discuss and choose a kill, informing the game-runner when they've done so. The game-runner then starts the next Day Phase and announces which player was killed.

Town wins by lynching all the Mafia. Mafia win when they are equal to or outnumber Town.

That's the basic game, but there are a load of different roles that make it more interesting, like the doctor who can choose a person to protect, or the cop who can check someone's alignment, both during the night phase. It's fun, and pretty easy to pick up

zeemumu

Watchmen and DotD both suck. The former completely got the tone wrong and the latter ruined the tension of the original. Snyder is AWFUL.

He very clearly doesn't understand or care for Superman or Batman. I wasted 3 hours of my life on that piece of shit last night.

I liked the remake of DotD. For the most part I was able to remove myself from the fact that it was a remake and enjoy it as its own thing. It's one of the few remakes that I consider to be good, along with Dredd. The original kinda shit the bed with the ending that they chose.

There's no defending Watchmen though.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I liked the remake of DotD. For the most part I was able to remove myself from the fact that it was a remake and enjoy it as its own thing. It's one of the few remakes that I consider to be good, along with Dredd. The original kinda shit the bed with the ending that they chose.

There's no defending Watchmen though.
Dredd wasn't a remake though. Just a more faithful adaptation of the comics.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Misha

Banned
I didn't know I wanted this before but a Scooby doo game in the style of telltale.

Ofc it would be easier and stuff but that could be really neat

I'm all over the place with my taste. Some of it is really bad.

I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, new or old. Zombieland, The Last of Us and Brad Pitt's World War Z are the only zombie media I like.

I prefer Mark Webb Spiderman over Sam Raimi by a lot. Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man movie. Green Lantern is at least as good as Ultron and Ant Man.

I have a hard time enjoying The Dark Knight Rises but I've seen TDK 20+ times because I love it so much. The Killing Joke comic is overrated and even bad by contemporary standards (I don't know enough about comics to say what it did for the series). Frank Miller's Batman is generally not very good, including the animated movies based off of it.

@Lilith did you like iron man 3?

I haven't read a single Iron Man comic in my life, so I have no attachment to being true to the characters. I just want to be entertained, and IM3 is highly entertaining. I love the Christmastime elements, I love the way Tony deals with trauma by pretending it doesn't exist until something triggers him and it blows up in his face (I deal with trauma nearly identically). I love the Mandarin twist, I like the mystery/detective angle, I love Tony having to do some work outside of his suit, and then I love all the suits coming at the end as a well-deserved culmination of all his work. Killian is kind of boring but I don't notice because the rest of the movie is so fun.

It raises the question of why in the world doesn't Tony outfit the Avengers in Iron Man suits, Hulk excepted. You think Cap and Hawkman wouldn't be amplified a hundredfold in an Iron Man suit? C'mon.

Also, speaking towards being true to the original material, I really don't care. Actually, I do care. I think there's some kinds of stories or parts of stories that books and even comics can tell better than movies and TV shows. And I think those movies and TV shows would be silly to try to tell those parts of the stories. I think all of Peter Jackson's changes to Lord of the Rings were for the better, for the movie format. I still love the books and am going through Return of the King right now, but the movies cut out and changed things so they could be better movies. Not better stories, better movies. I think that's key. From my understanding IM3 did the same with The Mandarin, but that's only speculation.

I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, new or old. Zombieland, The Last of Us and Brad Pitt's World War Z are the only zombie media I like.

I prefer Mark Webb Spiderman over Sam Raimi by a lot. Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man movie. Green Lantern is at least as good as Ultron and Ant Man.

I have a hard time enjoying The Dark Knight Rises but I've seen TDK 20+ times because I love it so much. The Killing Joke comic is overrated and even bad by contemporary standards (I don't know enough about comics to say what it did for the series). Frank Miller's Batman is generally not very good, including the animated movies based off of it.

I haven't read a single Iron Man comic in my life, so I have no attachment to being true to the characters. I just want to be entertained, and IM3 is highly entertaining. I love the Christmastime elements, I love the way Tony deals with trauma by pretending it doesn't exist until something triggers him and it blows up in his face (I deal with trauma nearly identically). I love the Mandarin twist, I like the mystery/detective angle, I love Tony having to do some work outside of his suit, and then I love all the suits coming at the end as a well-deserved culmination of all his work. Killian is kind of boring but I don't notice because the rest of the movie is so fun.

It raises the question of why in the world doesn't Tony outfit the Avengers in Iron Man suits, Hulk excepted. You think Cap and Hawkman wouldn't be amplified a hundredfold in an Iron Man suit? C'mon.

Also, speaking towards being true to the original material, I really don't care. Actually, I do care. I think there's some kinds of stories or parts of stories that books and even comics can tell better than movies and TV shows. And I think those movies and TV shows would be silly to try to tell those parts of the stories. I think all of Peter Jackson's changes to Lord of the Rings were for the better, for the movie format. I still love the books and am going through Return of the King right now, but the movies cut out and changed things so they could be better movies. Not better stories, better movies. I think that's key. From my understanding IM3 did the same with The Mandarin, but that's only speculation.

Thank you

I'm not alone

Misha

Banned

That post gives me good confidence in your tastes. Maybe ill see bvs tomorrow or next week
Thank you

I'm not alone

They were a lot more fun imo even if they had bigger flaws.

zeemumu

I'm gonna go see Batman v. Superman later today after I run these errands.

I dunno, I did. But I did Gwyn in one try. Seems my character happened to counter it.

I dunno, man. I'll give it a shot but I think he'll kill me before I can get any good damage in. It worked for the Four Kings

Edit: yeah that didn't work out

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Don't his attacks take off too much health to tank with Havel?

My strategy for Gwynn was to counter his attacks and dodge the ones I couldn't. It was infinitely frustrating, but it ended up working. I've only beaten him once though.

---

New favorite gif, and the only good thing out of Reddit lately.

PgZtz0j.gif

FloatOn

Don't his attacks take off too much health to tank with Havel?

also use the environment to your advantage and roll to avoid his combos

there are some columns that you can hide behind if need be

I hope you have the DLC because the Artorias fight will make the Gwyn fight seem like the easiest thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom