• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh. Wanna help me with the thirst bruh?
QADzJOE.gif

YASSS Let's get some wine and play video games, bruh

marrec

Banned
Have you seen BvS?
The nightmare sequences are the Flashpoint universe and Flash does go back to warn Bruce.

I don't think there's a single "why" people like Batman. Maybe Superman, but with Bats there have been so many different incarnations that it's really hard to pin one down as the Batman. So I would argue that when Snyder is more interested in making his take on Batman than someone else's, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Though admittedly I like Snyder's Batman, so I'm biased in the matter.

I thought it was more the Injustice future and not Flashpoint.

Batfleck was great, but I think he they missed a chance to give the character gravitas by moving away from the Nolanverse Batman and back toward a proper JL Leading Great Detective. :( They moved away from Nolanverse but not in the direction I wanted.

It's a fine movie if the characterizations don't ruffle you.

Tfw people are repeating your concerns and fan-fiction theories :')

I'm just assuming I'm the first to think of such things

:lol

Is it bad for Snyder that at least two of us are wishing for this?

Misha

Banned
:lol

Is it bad for Snyder that at least two of us are wishing for this?

I haven't seen the movie yet so I might still like it but that would be a pretty fun way to justify the tone so far. Also since a lot of the characters I like most wouldn't get the type of adaptations id hope for.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
White wine > red wine

I thought it was more the Injustice future and not Flashpoint.

Batfleck was great, but I think he they missed a chance to give the character gravitas by moving away from the Nolanverse Batman and back toward a proper JL Leading Great Detective. :( They moved away from Nolanverse but not in the direction I wanted.

It's a fine movie if the characterizations don't ruffle you.

^ I didn't know that was a separate thing. Although it doesn't surprise me to discover as much.

I like Batman more as a vigilante gadget ninja than as a detective. Most of his "detective" work in the past seems to be random guessing, tips from Alfred, or letting the Bat Computer decode something. And you can't argue that there was no "prep time" in the movie. The first two thirds were basically all Batman prep time.

Kevyt

My birthday is coming up and this is all I want, something similar to this:

200w_d.gif

I just want to inappropriately touch hot gogo guys while they're dancing around me almost naked, while objectifying them sexually and then afterwards, leaving sexually frustrated from the strip club!

Is it too much to ask for a birthday wish?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻ ━┻

marrec

Banned
I haven't seen the movie yet so I might still like it but that would be a pretty fun way to justify the tone so far. Also since a lot of the characters I like most wouldn't get the type of adaptations id hope for.

Snyder Supes is a far cry from Flashpoint supes but having Flashpoint supes star in his own movies would be hilarious from an audience reception standpoint.

I'm just biased cause Flashpoint is my fav DC storyline though.

BvS is a fun movie, I just don't like how Snyder portrays some of the characters.

^ I didn't know that was a separate thing. Although it doesn't surprise me to discover as much.

I like Batman more as a vigilante gadget ninja than as a detective. Most of his "detective" work in the past seems to be random guessing, tips from Alfred, or letting the Bat Computer decode something. And you can't argue that there was no "prep time" in the movie. The first two thirds were basically all Batman prep time.

Despite my shitting on the movie, Batfleck is 100x greater than Nolanverse Batman from a "comic book nerd" standpoint. Except for a few uhh... character quirks.

Misha

Banned

I want a batman that can go toe to toe with my ideal version of the riddler (aka a genius setting up whodunits to try to stump batman rather than a guy who compulsively tells bad jokes)

But I haven't liked any movie batman yet so I doubt it'll be a step back for me
Snyder Supes is a far cry from Flashpoint supes but having Flashpoint supes star in his own movies would be hilarious from an audience reception standpoint.

I'm just biased cause Flashpoint is my fav DC storyline though.

BvS is a fun movie, I just don't like how Snyder portrays some of the characters.

I'm not talking about a straight adaptation obv.
Also my exposure to flashpoint comes from the animated movie so I'm not sure how accurate that is

marrec

Banned
I want a batman that can go toe to toe with my ideal version of the riddler (aka a genius setting up whodunits to try to stump batman rather than a guy who compulsively tells bad jokes)

Riddler is super underutilized in the DC extended universe.

I'm not talking about a straight adaptation obv.
Also my exposure to flashpoint comes from the animated movie so I'm not sure how accurate that is

Animated Flashpoint is a very good adaptation that's only missing a few offbeat stories, it hits all the main points though.

But I haven't liked any movie batman yet so I doubt it'll be a step back for me

This is why I want you to watch Gotham so we can talk about the amazing job they're doing with Riddler. Nygma/Gordon is a suboptimal pairing for now, but that aside they're doing a phenomenal job with Riddler.

Misha

Banned
Riddler is super underutilized in the DC extended universe.

Animated Flashpoint is a very good adaptation that's only missing a few offbeat stories, it hits all the main points though.
I have no idea how he became my favorite villain even though the only good adaptations I've seen of him are the arkham games and like 3 episodes of TAS

That's good. I mostly enjoyed it though I didn't care about zoom as much as I think it wanted me to
This is why I want you to watch Gotham so we can talk about the amazing job they're doing with Riddler. Nygma/Gordon is a suboptimal pairing for now, but that aside they're doing a phenomenal job with Riddler.

I started watching it (skipped to the second season so tell me if that was a bad choice) and Jerome is my favorite live action joker, even if hes not the joker. Haven't liked that nygma works with the police Rn and I'm not a fan of him having a
second personality
but that does get him closer to the entitled, narcissistic character that fits my idea of him.

I started watching it (skipped to the second season so tell me if that was a bad choice) and Jerome is my favorite live action joker, even if hes not the joker. Haven't liked that nygma works with the police Rn and I'm not a fan of him having a
second personality
but that does get him closer to the entitled, narcissistic character that fits my idea of him.

I enjoyed most of the first season but I know a lot of people were down on it so I won't fault you for that. If I recall rightly some of the seeds with Riddler are planted in the last few episodes of S1.

The second personality takes over completely after a few episodes, much for the better.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just got off the phone with new, big client. They basically want to pay me to prototype new feature ideas and work on whatever I think would be cool for the app. This is my largest paying job yet.

I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I'm terricited™

Misha

Banned
I enjoyed most of the first season but I know a lot of people were down on it so I won't fault you for that. If I recall rightly some of the seeds with Riddler are planted in the last few episodes of S1.

The second personality takes over completely after a few episodes, much for the better.

Just looking through the episode list and I see Scarecrow seems to show up so I'm sorta tempted to go back to watch that. Idk

Either way, the other nygma personality taking over has me excited so ill probably watch a couple episodes tonight

Also I really dont like Barbara and didn't when I watched the first few episodes

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I literally JUST finished it then!

Also, Lilith made me aware that I look too much at the chat window haha (I just like interacting with people :< )

Dem neurotic ticks

Well you can look at the chat window and interact. Better than me playing the game and ignoring the chat fully until Im done playing. I'll watch it later and see the ending :p

marrec

Banned
I've been getting paranoid about my hairline lately, I don't think it's changed but man. I don't want to go bald :c

I'm currently in the process, I always knew it was coming because of genetics.

Not much you can really do if it's happening other than go with it. I'm mostly afraid I'm going to have a weird shaped head when I buzz it in a few years.

Also, I think short guys pull off the buzzed look better.

SolVanderlyn

yeah im always scared mine will get shorter.. I generally think a messy front is better unless you style it all classy like combed gel swept to the side.
I like the messy look, myself. Was trying something different for once. I'm digging the beard.

I'm currently in the process, I always knew it was coming because of genetics.

Not much you can really do if it's happening other than go with it. I'm mostly afraid I'm going to have a weird shaped head when I buzz it in a few years.
Yes but have you seen my hair?

It would be like an amazing painter losing their arms :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom