• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yes but have you seen my hair?

It would be like an amazing painter losing their arms :c
It doesn't matter how much hair you have now. It can take anyone.

Me as a teenager

10997459_10203606637621562_8038469150827756912_n.jpg

I'd kill to have this hair again. The weight can stay off, though.

I literally JUST finished it then!

Also, Lilith made me aware that I look too much at the chat window haha (I just like interacting with people :< )

Dem neurotic ticks

Oh, sorry, I was just teasing. I was mostly waiting for more people to show up in the chat and then I had to take a call.

Don't listen to her, if you didn't acknowledge me within 10 seconds I'd unsubscribe.

Nobody had said anything and it was only me watching, yet he kept peeking over at his second screen. I was trying to break the ice, so I told him to stop expecting someone to have said something.

Just looking through the episode list and I see Scarecrow seems to show up so I'm sorta tempted to go back to watch that. Idk

Either way, the other nygma personality taking over has me excited so ill probably watch a couple episodes tonight

Also I really dont like Barbara and didn't when I watched the first few episodes

That's understandable. The show's approach to Barbara is really unusual, but I think it's more interesting than not, and then she gets mostly written out of the show.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So Dragonz is a guy now?

Looking good. :p

Did you manage to take a look at the texture folder? :p

I did! I had a look last night when I got back from BvS at the floor textures and made my way up to the Card textures this morning.

Some of those floor textures look REALLY good for a GCN game, it's a shame the card textures are only 96x128.

I might fuck around with them when I get back from Smash shenanigans later tonight and start with the character texture maps and tool around with the card textures.

Are these the same file names that Dolphin imports back in?

Oh, sorry, I was just teasing. I was mostly waiting for more people to show up in the chat and then I had to take a call.

Oh no haha I know :p but it DID make me realise my weird tick.
I always gotta be doing a million things at once.

I was also waiting Lilith. So was I (._. ) :p

Edit : Damnit I meant to combine this into the other post.

Don't listen to her, if you didn't acknowledge me within 10 seconds I'd unsubscribe.

Bb, I'd always acknowledge you

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I did! I had a look last night when I got back from BvS at the floor textures and made my way up to the Card textures this morning.

Some of those floor textures look REALLY good for a GCN game, it's a shame the card textures are only 96x128.

I might fuck around with them when I get back from Smash shenanigans later tonight and start with the character texture maps and tool around with the card textures.

Are these the same file names that Dolphin imports back in?

I dumped them with dolphin so it does. The only thing you need to change is the folder name to your region which I believe you can check on the emulator by clicking on properties > Info and look at the GAME ID which should look like this.

When you're done retouching and fixing textures you put the folder on Documents > Dolphin Emulator > Load>Textures (Unless you changed that part then I wouldnt know :p)

I dumped them with dolphin so it does. The only thing you need to change is the folder name to your region which I believe you can check on the emulator by clicking on properties > Info and look at the GAME ID which should look like this.

When you're done retouching and fixing textures you put the folder on Documents > Dolphin Emulator > Load>Textures (Unless you changed that part then I wouldnt know :p)

Oh this is excellent. I'm super hyped to try and dick around with some HQ textures for this. (because that card art, goddamn)

AcridMeat

Banned
When are you streaming again feng?
Nobody had said anything and it was only me watching, yet he kept peeking over at his second screen. I was trying to break the ice, so I told him to stop expecting someone to have said something.
Hey! Stream chat is like checking your mirrors while driving. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing necessarily, unless he wasn't making progress as a result of it.

Though I've done that in the past as well with Jeff Green. I got him to talk about motorcycles and old punk bands with me when he first started streaming Dark Souls. He didn't go anywhere for 5 minutes in the game, and people were pissed haha.

When are you streaming again feng?
Hey! Stream chat is like checking your mirrors while driving. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing necessarily, unless he wasn't making progress as a result of it.

Though I've done that in the past as well with Jeff Green. I got him to talk about motorcycles and old punk bands with me when he first started streaming Dark Souls.
When feng was streaming SH2 I just got him talking about films for an hour, it was great

Vazra

Oh this is excellent. I'm super hyped to try and dick around with some HQ textures for this. (because that card art, goddamn)

Ohh for the cards you can use these from LK2 which is slightly bigger mind you a few monsters changed from LK1-LK2 in terms of design so you will need to work with the old art on some for the original game.

The order is backwards so start from the bottom (Skeleton is #1) til you reach God of Destruction card. Doppleganger you will need to use the original art for obvious reasons and you'll notice which ones changed in comparison. There are like 2-3 monsters from the original that changed completely.

MutFox

Banned
Got a little time to myself this weekend,
gonna try playing Max Payne 3... :p
Heard it's fun.

Gonna twitch it out... :|
twitch.tv/mutfox

Jobbs

Banned
:: eats ::

:: bites inner lip really, really hard ::

:: experiences pain worse than childbirth ::

:: feels rage and hatred inexplicable to anyone who hasn't shared in this suffering ::

Instead of watching Dawn of Justice, I'm replaying Arkham City. It's been working out for me so far.

The city is too big. Mechanics not tight enough. All the characters besides Joker are little more than cameos.

Asylum >

:: feels rage and hatred inexplicable to anyone who hasn't shared in this suffering ::

I instinctively wanted to defend childbirth but I haven't actually experienced that. You win this time!

Could be worse. You could've bitten your tongue so hard that it starts bleeding. That's happened to me on more than one occasion.

Cannot wait for this fucking con to go back to Anaheim next year.

EVERY exhibitor that I've talked to has had the same issues. From the $150 load-in, to the utterly confusing floorplan.

Vazra

The city is too big. Mechanics not tight enough. All the characters besides Joker are little more than cameos.

Asylum >

I agree. Opening the world ruined the narrative to the games and the characters didnt develop as well as they could either and the side stuff is really mindless. The smaller scope worked better.

SystemBug

I thought Asylum was boring and City was better.

Just the opening sequence of City is so much better while Asylum does the generic Half-Life 1 rip off thing

Jobbs

Banned

Asylum >

I instinctively wanted to defend childbirth but I haven't actually experienced that. You win this time!

don't most women get epidurals and feel no pain?

Could be worse. You could've bitten your tongue so hard that it starts bleeding. That's happened to me on more than one occasion.

yes I have

I thought Asylum was boring and City was better.

Just the opening sequence of City is so much better while Asylum does the generic Half-Life 1 rip off thing

I wonder how large the overlap is between people who have played Half Life and Arkham Asylum. Personally, the only Valve games I've played are Portal, unless you count about ten minutes of a TF2 demo.

Plus, if it works, it works. :)

don't most women get epidurals and feel no pain?

So what's the lesson here? Get your tongue anesthetized before you bite it next time! :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I wonder how large the overlap is between people who have played Half Life and Arkham Asylum. Personally, the only Valve games I've played are Portal, unless you count about ten minutes of a TF2 demo.

Whaaa? Lil, you're only 2 years younger then me. How have you not experienced the Half Life series.

Jobbs

Banned
I have experienced both half-life games and all 3 episodes and over time I've come to think they're overrated trash, not worth experiencing anymore. Maybe at a point they were, given some of the new things they were doing, but at this point they have no actual redeeming value other than historical

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
HL2+epsidoes don't really hold up. Going from modern games back to it, is kinda rough if you have no particular attachment to the games.
HL is still one of my favorite games series.

Whaaa? Lil, you're only 2 years younger then me. How have you not experienced the Half Life series.

Because I don't like first-person shooters. I want to see the character I'm playing as. Praise be to games like Skyrim and Battlefront where you're allowed to switch to third-person perspective!

And also my parents were pretty restrictive on what kinds of games we were allowed to get when we were younger.

They're both good, but I don't own Asylum anymore.

No worries. I don't think AC is a bad game by any stretch. I just like how Asylum is set up a lot more!

MutFox

Banned
It's better she hasn't. That way she won't join those of us who played Half Life 2 Episode 2 for the first time nearly 9 years ago and are STILL waiting for a conclusion.

Holy $#!%, it's been that long... :(

Also, I've played the Half Life series and prefer Arkham Asylum to Arkham City.
Though I never finished City, as I got bored compared to Asylum.
Maybe I'll finish it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom