• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Now I'm going to check your posts for hidden messages because I'm neurotic.

giphy.gif

Halcyon

I'm covered in hair clippings. I can't take this.

I'm covered in bugs. The spiders are crawling up my neck. I GOTTA GET CLEAN.

marrec

Banned
Alright, I'm done with the Rapp thread.

Head's hurting, need to snort some spiders to get chill.

EDIT:

Code:
FEAR IS HOW I FALLLLLLLLL

FloatOn

I don't actually know. I feel like I eat a fair amount of broccoli though. I don't tend to get gassy because I eat fairly bland food most of the time.

So none of this is helpful.

I had my left over italian food for lunch which consisted of linguine noodles, oil, garlic and broccoli

I've been farting pretty frequently. I have my own office so it's not that big of a deal. Just wondering if my digestive system was weird

Misha

Banned
I had my left over italian food for lunch which consisted of linguine noodles, oil, garlic and broccoli

I've been farting pretty frequently. I have my own office so it's not that big of a deal. Just wondering if my digestive system was weird

probably the garlic

Jobbs

Banned
Idiomology exists as a feature of language. A lot of them are silly/outdated/illogical.

Like if you heard something over the grapevine.. (I think that has something to do with telegraph wires) Or letting a cat out of a bag. Why is a cat in a bag?

The last straw? I'm not even sure what the origins of that one are

Jobbs

Banned
no. The proof is in the eating, the testing, the sampling. IE you can't just look at the pudding or speculate on it, you have to try it yourself.

You'll find your proof in the pudding by doing pudding related activities such as eating it. It's implicit within the phrase. That's the western version that was popularized in the early 1900s. I'm okay with it.

marrec

Banned
no. The proof is in the eating, the testing, the sampling. IE you can't just look at the pudding or speculate on it, you have to try it yourself.

No no, it was originally meant to be literal in that the killer hid proof of his crimes inside pudding. Crafty fucker that.

Jobbs

Banned
Language, as a living organism, is just shit that means shit. "Proof's in the pudding" means something. You understand what it means, however it got there -- Whatever the origin is (it's a shortening of a previous idiom, in this case?), you hear the phrase and are able to comprehend its meaning. Deconstructing these things because you're bothered by them is a slippery slope!

I have an axe to grind with anyone who disagrees!

:: grinds axe ::

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Playing through Fire Emblem fates Conquest and I am disappointed I can't just be a totally evil bitch princess. I really want to have a really dark path for this game.

zeemumu

Imma burn to death in this car.
Noted.

UPDATE: BTW, does Ceallach sound like a heal spell or an offensive spell?
It sounds like a defensive support spell. Like a ground barrier.
Language, as a living organism, is just shit that means shit. "Proof's in the pudding" means something. You understand what it means, however it got there -- Whatever the origin is (it's a shortening of a previous idiom, in this case?), you hear the phrase and are able to comprehend its meaning. Deconstructing these things because you're bothered by them is a slippery slope!

I have an axe to grind with anyone who disagrees!

:: grinds axe ::
I don't think that's what a slippery slope is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom