• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

I don't eat either. It's one of the things I cut from my diet because it's always exclusively for taste but it has tons of calories. I feel the same way about butter and cheese for the most part.

Misha

Banned
Come for the gaming side, stay for Off Topic

i lurked for gaming side, joined for off topic community, lurked some more for off topic, posted for gaming, and then mostly back to off topic community with occasional posts primarily on social issues

The only time I talk about videogames on here are when y'all start talking about them for the most part.

The rest of my posts are about: food, penis, sex, music, shitposts.

zeemumu

12 more people to go and "Lucky I'm in Love With My Best Friend"

If this song ever played while she was in the car I'd probably have to tuck and roll out of the driver's seat to avoid awkward silence.

"Scott Pilgrim Great Fairy Fountain"

90% of my posts are witty retorts

Ben E King "Stand By Me" I'm basically naming off the song playing on my phone to give me something to stay occupied

marrec

Banned
I swear 1/100 of my posts on this site are actually about video games

Lies.

I don't eat either. It's one of the things I cut from my diet because it's always exclusively for taste but it has tons of calories. I feel the same way about butter and cheese for the most part.

There is no way I could ever give up on cheese, so I've had to twist my diet to work with that.

The only time I talk about videogames on here are when y'all start talking about them for the most part.

The rest of my posts are about: food, penis, sex, music, shitposts.

Most of the video game talk on the Gaming side is insufferable so I only talk about Gaming here and in the DOTAgaf community.

Being a tall dude, I'm terrified of stairs. Any little shift in my balance can result in me taking a tumble. Luckily, all the times I have started to fall I've hit my head on the ceiling above and it's stopped my fall yay.

I'm very average for a human in height but I have a tendency to just fall over randomly when standing still :|

unrequested advice: ditch coffee, it completely wrecks my sense of balance among other things due to the constant anxiety it causes. Second, hit the gym, particularly core compound (deadlift? deadlift. ) exercises.

I had the same thing roughly three years ago, while being even less obese that I am now (currently at 105 kg) at an average height of 1m80 ( 6'' is average for the Netherlands, so I'm... short? ****! ), and what I have noticed that along with the stronger grip on whatever I'm holding, I'm also less clumsy with stuff as a result. Or perhaps simply the positive reinforcement of knowing that I can maintain control regardless of body position.
I also no longer have problems maintaining my balance while just standing or moving.
At this point, I no longer describe myself as clumsy (I used to think this was just 'me' too btw) and think it's really just due to having too little muscle on that gigantic body we (humans I mean) now have, in part due to sedentary lifestyles. The human body being upright was never 'intended' in the first place, and we pay the price for being bipedal four-leggers by back problems (see 'your inner fish', which is a great documentary / book), so to me that relation between muscle atrophy and lack of control makes sense.
I'm early thirties, should you think it's too late for that in your twenties. (which is a ridiculous sentiment anyway)

Fitgaf opinions?

(or you know, go straight up to "The Mountain" levels if you're that tall. Hollywood career guaranteed. )

Misha

Banned
Ember McClain "Remember"

Yes it's that song.
I like that song
unrequested advice: ditch coffee, it completely wrecks my sense of balance among other things due to the constant anxiety it causes. Second, hit the gym, particularly core compound (deadlift? deadlift. ) exercises.

I don't drink coffee. also its mostly cause i fidget a lot and shift weight from foot to foot picking on foot off the ground and turning in place and such and eventually I just move my center of gravity too far. I always catch myself though

marrec

Banned
is it too much or too few?

I dunno yet I'm still making calculations.

I had the same thing roughly three years ago, while being even less obese that I am now (currently at 105 kg) at an average height of 1m80 ( 6'' is average for the Netherlands, so I'm... short? ****! ), and what I have noticed that along with the stronger grip on whatever I'm holding, I'm also less clumsy with stuff as a result. Or perhaps simply the positive reinforcement of knowing that I can maintain control regardless of body position.
I also no longer have problems maintaining my balance while just standing or moving.
At this point, I no longer describe myself as clumsy (I used to think this was just 'me' too btw) and think it's really just due to having too little muscle on that gigantic body we (humans I mean) now have, in part due to sedentary lifestyles. The human body being upright was never 'intended' in the first place, and we pay the price for being bipedal four-leggers by back problems (see 'your inner fish', which is a great documentary / book), so to me that relation between muscle atrophy and lack of control makes sense.
I'm early thirties, should you think it's too late for that in your twenties. (which is a ridiculous sentiment anyway)

Fitgaf opinions?

Oh I'm fit enough and have no trouble with clumsiness normally, but lets say I'm going down stairs with my doggos and one stops to eat a dorito on the ground and I'm there barreling down the stairs in a barely controlled fall and the dog leash gets taut and my balance is suddenly shifted and since my feet don't really fit on the stairs to begin with it's now an epic struggle to maintain my momentum while also trying not to kill my dog or myself.

It gets worse if I'm carrying stuff :lol

I do need to quit coffee but that'll never happen. I need AT LEAST one vice.

Misha

Banned
I dunno yet I'm still making calculations.

now that I think about it. i might have less than 100 posts talking about playing games. there is 1 in the hearthstone thread, like 2 in the enter the gungeon thread, 5 in binding of iasaac, uhhh maybe like 50 random ones. idk

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
(or you know, go straight up to "The Mountain" levels if you're that tall. Hollywood career guaranteed. )

pi52SMk.png

marrec

Banned
If only I had the dedication to get big like that dude. I have the frame for it but I can hardly be asked to have a normal workout routine much less the insane levels of dedication it would need for Mountain levels of muscle.

now that I think about it. i might have less than 100 posts talking about playing games. there is 1 in the hearthstone thread, like 2 in the enter the gungeon thread, 5 in binding of iasaac, uhhh maybe like 50 random ones. idk

Do posts talking about talking about playing games count?

Honestly, of all my (sadly numerous) posts on GAF, I don't know if I have that many where I actually talk about PLAYING a game. While there are a lot where I talk about [game], and many more where I talk about anything else.

Granadier

If only I had the dedication to get big like that dude. I have the frame for it but I can hardly be asked to have a normal workout routine much less the insane levels of dedication it would need for Mountain levels of muscle.

You're 6'9?

:eek:

Granadier

I'm 6'4" but I have a huge chest. Sure I wouldn't be QUITE as tall, but it'd still be imposing enough I suppose.

I beat you by an inch.
.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Agreed though. Getting that large takes a life dedicated to it. I don't have the time or the money for that kind of routine.

I don't like The Mountain's face. And he's too beefy for me.

I'm picky dammit. Face is most important tho.

405lbs too. I would be terrified if I met him.

Misha

Banned
Do posts talking about talking about playing games count?

Honestly, of all my (sadly numerous) posts on GAF, I don't know if I have that many where I actually talk about PLAYING a game. While there are a lot where I talk about [game], and many more where I talk about anything else.

if you want. I was just trying to exclude controversy around games and talking about making games.

marrec

Banned
if you want. I was just trying to exclude controversy around games and talking about making games.

I did the math it's exactly 1 in 100 that's crazy, I did the math, spoilered below if someone wants to reproduce it:

pDkR2gl.gif

This brings up the question I ask of people who get hype about Kim Kardashian topless pics: why are you excited over a nip slip of a person who is bare-ass naked on screen?

Teasingly revealing clothing is always going to be sexy, no matter if you see the person naked every day. I'd get worked by my ex-gfs cute outfits all the time even though we fucked all the time.

I'd go so far to say that it's better in fact.

Fuck that guy. :'< So jelly.
it's a good thing he's big enough for a role though, yay!

You guys are also taller than me. Grrr. #TonyStark

Also, being fit may not be same thing as having adequate strength in terms of walking upright and avoiding back problems and / or lack of control. I mean, I used to think I was fit enough too, yet clumsy. Not pushing an agenda here or anything, those are just my observations about stuff.
I suddenly miss A Fish... hmm.

I'am in such shit mood because I was late to work and Narcissia Wright thread today.

God, my tolerance for people unwilling to unfuck their heads from the assholes of the right wing/religious fascists is continually go down the fucking toilet.

Get me the hell out of my dad's house, so I can have a more positive attitude towards humanity in general and not feel complete and utter loathing for Christians and conservatives in this country.

marrec

Banned
anyone been to an anime convention? are they as awful as I'd expect they are?

Nope, closest I've ever got is the local Comic conventions. They're pretty cool, so if you're into Anime I guess an Anime convention would be cool?

I super want to go to Gen-Con or Dragon-Con though.

Fuck that guy. :'< So jelly.
it's a good thing he's big enough for a role though, yay!

You guys are also taller than me. Grrr. #TonyStark

Also, being fit may not be same thing as having adequate strength in terms of walking upright and avoiding back problems and / or lack of control. I mean, I used to think I was fit enough too, yet clumsy. Not pushing an agenda here or anything, those are just my observations about stuff.
I suddenly miss A Fish... hmm.

Well I mean, I have good core strength I think.

I can always use more motivation for having a consistent workout though. Can't get to the gym these days so it's all self-motivated inhouse stuff + street running.

I'm only 6'3. I feel inadequate compared to FakeGaf's male standards.

triggered

Ya but if you count your hair that's at least 6'4".

I ain't going to lie, all my boots have heels just cause I want to be even taller and I usually wear my hair high.

zeemumu

anyone been to an anime convention? are they as awful as I'd expect they are?

I have. Anime Expo in LA. I'm going again this year. There's some creepy shit but for the most part it's fun. Cool costumes, interesting panels, tons of vendors, etc.

Misha

Banned
Nope, closest I've ever got is the local Comic conventions. They're pretty cool, so if you're into Anime I guess an Anime convention would be cool?

I super want to go to Gen-Con or Dragon-Con though.

the specific one would be this one: http://www.teamtekko.us/
I sorta like anime but I have never found a situation where other poeple who like it are normal...

have you been to this comic convention? : http://pixcomics.blogspot.com/p/pix-2016-exhibitors.html
I wanted to go this year but completely forgot
(you might have already told me tbh)

I made it. I'm free

Did you get a good picture at least?

When I last renewed my license my attendant either didn't care or wasn't paying attention because they let me put all sorts of erroneous information on the record. I had to wait in line for four hours but it was worth it to be 5'10", 90 lbs and blue haired.

Well I mean, I have good core strength I think.

I can always use more motivation for having a consistent workout though. Can't get to the gym these days so it's all self-motivated inhouse stuff + street running.

Well, I suppose push-ups are a good enough way to practise some core strength. Add planks and the one where you push your legs into the air and you should be fine in terms of gaining that strength, I think. I'm no expert or anything, but I do know I can't do a lot of those either. :\
The extra weight is probably a factor in that though. Currently trying to bring that down, since I got to the point where my strength is okay enough for my goals, and weight loss was secondary.

Misha

Banned
I have. Anime Expo in LA. I'm going again this year. There's some creepy shit but for the most part it's fun. Cool costumes, interesting panels, tons of vendors, etc.

I have no idea what I'd even want out of panels or vendors tbh

I sorta want to do cosplaying eventually though. I can handle a bit of the social anxiety there (especially if i specifically pic a more stoic or shy character :)) but the idea of the environment that i'd imagine makes me less interested. guess the thing to do is go with friends i'd feel comfortable with a couple times before once again going with friends i'd feel comfortable with to do it
(also here i'm just talking about cons in general. i'd have more interest in a comic or game one for that sort of thing)
I was glad to not be fat for a license picture for a change. My last one was horrendous.

this is a current problem for me

Did you get a good picture at least?

When I last renewed my license my attendant either didn't care or wasn't paying attention because they let me put all sorts of erroneous information on the record. I had to wait in line for four hours but it was worth it to be 5'10", 90 lbs and blue haired.

Yay, same height people!.... and more than half the weight... okay, I know you're skinny, but isn't that kind of pushing it?
I suppose you get that a lot though.

@pics: all my license pics are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom