• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Guys and gals!

Video game night or bar night?

Which would you choose??

Depends, am I doing this with friends?

With friends - Bar night (or, stay in and drink with friends night cause bars are stupidly expensive why would you ever go to one unless you're thirsty oh wait I'm thirsty bar night it is)

Without friends - fuck bars forever

More tall women please.

No thank you.

Wait, what's tall?

Kevyt

Depends, am I doing this with friends?

With friends - Bar night (or, stay in and drink with friends night cause bars are stupidly expensive why would you ever go to one unless you're thirsty oh wait I'm thirsty bar night it is)

Without friends - fuck bars forever

Without friends :(

Misha

Banned
Us Canadian's aren't too bad... :(

I just started playing a lot of Rocket League.
Personally, I haven't seen harassment on the scales of MOBA's or FPS games.

I actually think most people don't know the mic option exists.
Prefer it that way, nice relaxing experience for myself. :p

I have a ton of canadian friends so my dislike of canadians is justified (or something :p)
I'm a big hockey fan so I talk hockey a lot to online friends from canada. too bad for them all their teams suck this year :p

I actually don't avoid online games for harassment reasons, I just don't enjoy the pace too much. I don't really like sitting down and having to commit to an entire hour of a game where I can't do anything else.

games then. personally I'd never go to a bar alone

marrec

Banned

What? How is "Bar" even an option then?

It's like such a foreign concept to me, going to a bar alone. The only times I've ever done it were when traveling for work and I need a drink, even then it's not for social mingling it's because I want to have a drink.

Above average height I guess?
It's just a personal preference.

I forbid you from having a personal preference different from mine.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What? How is "Bar" even an option then?

It's like such a foreign concept to me, going to a bar alone. The only times I've ever done it were when traveling for work and I need a drink, even then it's not for social mingling it's because I want to have a drink.

I forbid you from having a personal preference different from mine.

Agreed about the bars. I've gone solo when traveling, but it just feels odd and I am always there for just a drink. I'll even bring my laptop with sometimes and do some work.

----

I wish a thousand 6'5 women upon you.

MutFox

Banned
I have a ton of canadian friends so my dislike of canadians is justified (or something :p)
I'm a big hockey fan so I talk hockey a lot to online friends from canada. too bad for them all their teams suck this year :p

I actually don't avoid online games for harassment reasons, I just don't enjoy the pace too much. I don't really like sitting down and having to commit to an entire hour of a game where I can't do anything else.

Yeah, our Hockey teams all suck this year. :(
What team do you root for? :p

That's why I like Rocket League, each game is 5 mins + replays, so maybe 6-7 mins each. :D
I even don't play too many single player games now, due to how much time I have to invest.
Though I am tempted to try out StarFox...

Kevyt

So going to bars without friends is awkward or...?

I wish a thousand 6'5 women upon you.

chyna5.jpg

Halcyon

I would go to a bar that had alot of pool tables and shoot pool there by myself from time to time.

I imagined in my brain playing and making eye contact with a lady sitting at the bar, then I'd go casually introduce myself and pick up women.

Every single time I just shot a few games, didn't see any approachable women, get self-conscious then leave because I lived with my grandmother so it was pointless anyway.

I browsed my instagram. This was those times. Alone. Attempting to make that fact not apparent to people by being "artsy" when I first started using instagram with way too much blur.

Misha

Banned
Yeah, our Hockey teams all suck this year. :(
What team do you root for? :p

That's why I like Rocket League, each game is 5 mins + replays, so maybe 6-7 mins each. :D
I even don't play too many single player games now, due to how much time I have to invest.
Though I am tempted to try out StarFox...

I'm a Pens fan. feeling really good about this year :)
during the dark days of bylsma I was starting to follow the canucks a bit as my western team. then benning happened and i gave up on that

true. I hadn't bought rocket league previously because my old computer coudln't handle it but I have a new one now so i probably should

only awkward if you feel like its awkward. I just don't like going out alone much

MutFox

Banned

I've never done the solo bar, it's always been a with friends experience.
Though give it a try, sit up at the bar, drink some back and talk up with the people near you.
(I'd need a bunch of liquid courage to do that)

I'm a Pens fan. feeling really good about this year :)
during the dark days of bylsma I was starting to follow the canucks a bit as my western team. then benning happened and i gave up on that

true. I hadn't bought rocket league previously because my old computer coudln't handle it but I have a new one now so i probably should

So lucky you have a team this year that has a chance...
Benning isn't too bad, though he'd be a better scout than a GM.
Hope his draft choices pan out in 2-3 years...

If you get Rocket League, hit me up on Steam :p

zeemumu

I started going out alone more often because I got tired of making plans around people.

The campus high chancellor sent out an email saying that the strike isn't happening.

Maybe since KH Unchained has a character creator I can use that to cosplay as the black keyblade wielder that I always wanted.

Misha

Banned
So lucky you have a team this year that has a chance...
Benning isn't too bad, though he'd be a better scout than a GM.
Hope his draft choices pan out in 2-3 years...

If you get Rocket League, hit me up on Steam :p

I guess thats true. Prospects are one thing I don't know much about. I still think that he should have done more of a small rebuild than a retool. They really couldn't make up for schneider/luongo and kesler leaving so I figure it would have been much better to hope for a higher draft pick and try to bring in college FA prospects and other young low risk high reward players. I really wanted him to find a vet goalie to help coach lack along instead of shoving him to the back by overpaying for miller. also disliked garrison, sutter/bonino, shinkaruk and kassian trades and imo hamhuis and burrows should have been traded while they were getting rid of vets. I still don't think anything he's doing will pay out while the sedins are around which sucks

I'm in the FakeGAF steam group so if i do that should be straight forward

MutFox

Banned
My going out alone is just finding a road by the ocean that has few cars,
or going up and down winding mountain roads on the motorbike... :p

Took that pic last year, have to renew my insurance again... :|

MutFox

Banned
I guess thats true. Prospects are one thing I don't know much about. I still think that he should have done more of a small rebuild than a retool. They really couldn't make up for schneider/luongo and kesler leaving so I figure it would have been much better to hope for a higher draft pick and try to bring in college FA prospects and other young low risk high reward players. I really wanted him to find a vet goalie to help coach lack along instead of shoving him to the back by overpaying for miller. also disliked garrison, sutter/bonino, shinkaruk and kassian trades and imo hamhuis and burrows should have been traded while they were getting rid of vets. I still don't think anything he's doing will pay out while the sedins are around which sucks

I'm in the FakeGAF steam group so if i do that should be straight forward

Just looking at those trades and the ones not made, makes me wanna cry... :,(
I have small hope for next season, but the season after that is when I hope we can make the playoffs...
The Sedins will probably retire or take a 1 year deal at that point.

There's a FakeGAF steam group? :|

Granadier

I started going out alone more often because I got tired of making plans around people.

The campus high chancellor sent out an email saying that the strike isn't happening.

Maybe since KH Unchained has a character creator I can use that to cosplay as the black keyblade wielder that I always wanted.

It's also a really good game. Surprised me.
I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, so I'm not sure if the "paying" portion becomes an issue.

Just looking at those trades and the ones not made, makes me wanna cry... :,(
I have small hope for next season, but the season after that is when I hope we can make the playoffs...
The Sedins will probably retire or take a 1 year deal at that point.

There's a FakeGAF steam group? :|

Yes there is a FAKEGAF Steam group.

Speaking of hockey, lol STL Blues. Fuck those jackasses, they never get past the damn BlackHawks.

Granadier

I'm very happy that there is powerful pushback against the anti-LGBT laws and viewpoints.

MutFox

Banned
Yes there is a FAKEGAF Steam group.

Speaking of hockey, lol STL Blues. Fuck those jackasses, they never get past the damn BlackHawks.

Ahh, I'll look up FakeGAF in steam later... :p

Is that what the probable match up is?
The Blues have a history of choking early.

At the very least you don't have tortellini anymore. he's ruining columbus instead

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FakeGAF/

Columbus is below us, by like a point!
We're better than them! XD

Thanks for the link. :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My teaching job is over

My students asked for hugs (which I couldn't give due to the vile nature of public schooling) and chanted my name on my way out. I got a little wreath as a gift, and when I returned to my room at the end of the day the board was filled with heartfelt goodbye notices.

I'm going to miss my kids. :(

marrec

Banned
:(

I hope the user/users that drove her away have been banned.

I really hope she comes back at some point, maybe just to the community stuff...
Still remember doin GISHWES with her and you... :p

I've said before, but it had nothing to do with users here.

NeoGAF's a public forum and me and her are very prolific on the net. She decided she didn't need to give the haters an extra vector to harass her with. I don't blame her at all.

chyna5.jpg
it's not awkward if you don't feel awkward. it's actually a great excercise for shy people and also a way to make friends. like someone else suggested why not both? check out the bar and if it's lame then play some games.

My teaching job is over

My students asked for hugs (which I couldn't give due to the vile nature of public schooling) and chanted my name on my way out. I got a little wreath as a gift, and when I returned to my room at the end of the day the board was filled with heartfelt goodbye notices.

I'm going to miss my kids. :(

sorry, I didn't follow up with the thread :( why is it over? :(

MutFox

Banned
I've said before, but it had nothing to do with users here.

NeoGAF's a public forum and me and her are very prolific on the net. She decided she didn't need to give the haters an extra vector to harass her with. I don't blame her at all.

I hope everything is goin well for her now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
it's not awkward if you don't feel awkward. it's actually a great excercise for shy people and also a way to make friends. like someone else suggested why not both? check out the bar and if it's lame then play some games.

sorry, I didn't follow up with the thread :( why is it over? :(
It was temporary to begin with. I was long term subbing for someone who had a baby. I was pushed out the door early because my co-worker hated me.

Misha

Banned
so remember how i said my sister used up the last of my data? well apparently it still works so i have no clue what these messages are for

Fiction :(

I looked up to her when I lurked on here.

Marrec, please tell Fiction good job on the grades for me...

Out of all the most interesting people on GAF, she the most fascinating to me.

It didn't hurt she looked like that actress that played Jean from the X Men movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom