• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

me @ everything

RgMieV9.gif

Need to vent?

Halcyon

10 minutes left in the workday and the phone rings

I'm gonna stop at Wegman's and grab some subs for dinner. I kinda don't want to though because it's gonna take like 25 minutes to accomplish this as it's a little out of the way.

zeemumu

We got a new washing machine/dryer. Apparently there's a trick to the water level for this one that I have to abide by or it'll break. Let's see if I can figure it out...

giphy.gif

I'm also taking the time to organize these game drawers so I can take the DVDs out of my clothes drawer.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My teaching job is over

My students asked for hugs (which I couldn't give due to the vile nature of public schooling) and chanted my name on my way out. I got a little wreath as a gift, and when I returned to my room at the end of the day the board was filled with heartfelt goodbye notices.

I'm going to miss my kids. :(

You impacted those kids in the best way possible. Well done.
I know wherever you end up teaching next you'll do just as well. Best of luck.

is there anything new in particular?

I was mainly referring to Bruce Springsteen cancelling his tour because of North Carolina's recent legislation.

MutFox

Banned
I was mainly referring to Bruce Springsteen cancelling his tour because of North Carolina's recent legislation.

I know a TV show changed their shooting location from NC to my neck of the woods due to that law too...

They'll probably change their tune,
as it'll affect their pocket book.
Just sucks that'll be the reason why.

Halcyon

Have a great weekend Fakeys.

I'm on the way to my girls with food and Redbox.

I like each and everyone of you and I hope each of you have at least one moment of happiness this weekend.

Misha

Banned

I'm pretty sure you beat GAF to that. Graz on being ahead

I know a TV show changed their shooting location from NC to my neck of the woods due to that law too...

Think of it this way: they're being forced to by protestors but those protestors just happen to be CEOs. I don't think any major rights movement had people capitulating gladly

MutFox

Banned
Think of it this way: they're being forced to by protestors but those protestors just happen to be CEOs. I don't think any major rights movement had people capitulating gladly

Yeah, at least tolerance is moving relatively quickly in our lifetime.
Just imagine being born about 100 years ago.

That's the only silver lining I see.

zeemumu

It sucks but at the same time it's not surprising that most people won't change their perspective unless it's social suicide. It's good that there are enough people in power to potentially counter dick moves from the outside, though.

Misha

Banned
I'm confused. Why would a group about immigration reform make an ad about automation
Yeah, at least tolerance is moving relatively quickly in our lifetime.
Just imagine being born about 100 years ago.

That's the only silver lining I see.

That's a pretty big silver lining tbf :p
Just five years ago was considerably worse

Jobbs

Banned
The Americans is so fucking... Some of the stuff in season 3 is so fucking metal (the
at home dentistry..
).

GOAT show.

MutFox

Banned
It sucks but at the same time it's not surprising that most people won't change their perspective unless it's social suicide. It's good that there are enough people in power to potentially counter dick moves from the outside, though.

Yep, and at the same time, it's probably making them reflect.
It might make them better humans in the end. (Or so I would hope)

That's a pretty big silver lining tbf :p
Just five years ago was considerably worse

Yeah, I guess we are living at a really good and pivotal stage of human society.
(Well at least for our region of the world)
Still, we have a long way to go. :)

Got a call from the Nintendo hiring rep, and it looks like they double confirmed that I start on the 20th woooooo

Woah dude, what would you be doin?

zeemumu

Look how far we've come.
Those people will become extinct.
Maybe not in our lifetime, but pretty soon after.

Their numbers will drop to insignificant levels but they'll never fully die out. They'll keep workshopping and loopholing until they can casually insert their hate back into the system.

MutFox

Banned
Their numbers will drop to insignificant levels but they'll never fully die out. They'll keep workshopping and loopholing until they can casually insert their hate back into the system.

Nah, they'll be a footnote in history.
We've seen bigots throughout time, and they do die out.

Unfortunately, people have to live with them at that point in time.

zeemumu

If they die out of history they'll still be here in the present because they haven't happened from our point of view so there was no lesson learned to prevent them from returning. Removing people from history is an excellent form of punishment but they need to serve as warnings to future generations not to go down those paths.

Misha

Banned

They'll just go to hating robots or clones or cyborg or people born on mars or who knows what else.

I'm playing Read Only Memories if no one could tell :p

MutFox

Banned
If they die out of history they'll still be here in the present because they haven't happened from our point of view so there was no lesson learned to prevent them from returning. Removing people from history is an excellent form of punishment but they need to serve as warnings to future generations not to go down those paths.

But from our point of view, they have become a smaller minority.
(Depends on region too, I'm from Vancouver, so region does matter)

They'll just go to hating robots or clones or cyborg or people born on mars or who knows what else.

I'm playing Read Only Memories if no one could tell :p

Haha, and thus, the hate gene was born.
Airbor virus, makes you a bigot.

I've tried to my mind in their shoes...
I get really confused.

Right up here in Redmond

Nice, I've always thought about sending a resume there.
I've built an OK resume, so maybe at some point, though that would involve moving.

Misha

Banned
And even then we get the wrong message. The holocaust obviously means that we need to protect Israel from everything, even if they're the aggressor
OMG, I haven't heard MB20 in like a decade! XD

I don't get the idea that they're too well liked these days but I always liked them. Also good from rob Thomas:

Let it go
Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know
The hardest part is over?
Let it in
Let your clarity define you
In the end
We will only just remember how it feels

zeemumu

And even then we get the wrong message. The holocaust obviously means that we need to protect Israel from everything, even if they're the aggressor

I don't get the idea that they're too well liked these days but I always liked them. Also good from rob Thomas:

Let it go
Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know
The hardest part is over?
Let it in
Let your clarity define you
In the end
We will only just remember how it feels

Damn it Misha that was my highschool graduation song, and even before then the ending to Meet the Robinsons used this and gave me the feels.

And as for the other thing: history is an eternal game of telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom