• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Damn it Misha that was my highschool graduation song, and even before then the ending to Meet the Robinsons gave me the feels.

And as for the other thing: history is an eternal game of telephone.

Meet the Robinsons is a criminally underlooked movie

MutFox

Banned
Almost finished work...
Less than an hour... Then WEEKEND!

It's friday, friday, gotta get down on friday!
(Hope I got that voice stuck in your heads, cause it's stuck in mine! :|)

Misha

Banned
Keep moving forward. Do you ever wonder how they didn't recognize their own kid despite him wearing the exact same clothes with no changes other than a baseball cap?

Most people in that movie would fit perfectly in gravity falls so I'm surprised they notice anything

got sucked into the Witcher world again and I have no regrets. did nothing but play Gwent for the last hour. come back into the real world and everyone is creepy. why is everyone crazy? can't people just be...like...cool for once? like Geralt. he's cool. and the trolls are super cool. Zoltan is cool too.
real people should be more like fictional people. #teamYen

MutFox

Banned
got sucked into the Witcher world again and I have no regrets. did nothing but play Gwent for the last hour. come back into the real world and everyone is creepy. why is everyone crazy? can't people just be...like...cool for once? like Geralt. he's cool. and the trolls are super cool. Zoltan is cool too.
real people should be more like fictional people. #teamYen

With the Witcher series,
do I have to start at the beginning?
Or can I start with the latest game?

Also, how long does 1 of the games usually take?

Couldn't hurt to try. I literally only had retail experience when I applied, and I managed to get in.

I'll check their hiring page soon... :p
Thanks!

Misha

Banned
Hmmm...
Which is considered the best?

Do they have a continuing story though?

3>>2>>>>>1

Yes they do.

Personally though I didn't get far into 1 or 2 so I wasn't too interested in 3. 2 is good if you like somewhere between assassin's creed and dark souls combat. 1 was like a 3rd rate mmo. Like runescape but more fleshed out and less responsive

If you try to play 1 you wont want to play the others.
hey I actually loved the first!
Hmmm...
Which is considered the best?

Do they have a continuing story though?

I think 3 is by far the best. there are certain storylines/characters that have kind of an arc throughout the different games. so it's definitely nice if you have those background information from previous titles or even the books but I don't think it's necessary in order to enjoy the third. some things might be a bit confusing though.

MutFox

Banned
3>>2>>>>>1

Yes they do.

Personally though I didn't get far into 1 or 2 so I wasn't too interested in 3. 2 is good if you like somewhere between assassin's creed and dark souls combat. 1 was like a 3rd rate mmo. Like runescape but more fleshed out and less responsive

Ahhh, Hmmm...
Well, I'll probably only play one of them.
Probably try 3 then. :p

Next time it's on sale on Steam, i'll bite. :p

I think 3 is by far the best. there are certain storylines/characters that have kind of an arc throughout the different games. so it's definitely nice if you have those background information from previous titles or even the books but I don't think it's necessary in order to enjoy the third. some things might be a bit confusing though.

Ok, I'll probably still go for just 3.
Maybe I can watch the stories of 1 and 2 on youtube or read the books. :p

Misha

Banned
hey I actually loved the first!
You must be a masochist :p
Ahhh, Hmmm...
Well, I'll probably only play one of them.
Probably try 3 then. :p

Next time it's on sale on Steam, i'll bite. :p

One benefit of the other two being older is you can get them super cheap. Both get into combat fairly quickly so just installing them to test is NBD takes awhile to get past the intro stuff to actual plot though.

MutFox

Banned
One benefit of the other two being older is you can get them super cheap. Both get into combat fairly quickly so just installing them to test is NBD takes awhile to get past the intro stuff to actual plot though.

Well since they'll probably be bundled together in a sale,
I'll probably end up owning them all. :D

Will try and play through them fast, if that's possible.
I'm guessing they're all long games.

You must be a masochist :p

it had slow parts but the story was great. also the whole atmosphere of the different locations was just as well implemented as in the more recent ones. on a much smaller scale but still. I like it way more than the second one for example. I didn't feel the Witcher vibe there at all, felt more like any other console based rpg out there. thank god the realness came back in 3.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I loooooooove the Witcher series however 1 is pretty fucking misogynistic. The nudie cards were a bit much for me. Geralt in 1 is trying to fuck everything with a cunt. I still reccomend playing it though for the full story, you really need it for Geralt and Yen's arc.

I loooooooove the Witcher series however 1 is pretty fucking misogynistic. The nudie cards were a bit much for me. Geralt in 1 is trying to fuck everything with a cunt. I still reccomend playing it though for the full story, you really need it for Geralt and Yen's arc.

I strangely enjoyed that part. maybe it would be different playing it now but idk...it always felt like it was purposely over the top. just couldn't take it seriously anyway.

Misha

Banned
it had slow parts but the story was great. also the whole atmosphere of the different locations was just as well implemented as in the more recent ones. on a much smaller scale but still. I like it way more than the second one for example. I didn't feel the Witcher vibe there at all, felt more like any other console based rpg out there. thank god the realness came back in 3.

I didn't really get far enough to notice story or pacing. The combat just bugged me waaaay too much.

Remake it with dark souls combat and ill be down.

Misha

Banned
with my what now

Your amazon echo

tumblr_mtn4j7WM761shax8so1_400.gif

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I was up in Limerick earlier today, and I came across one thing...why do so many displays have frame interpolation on? I was seeing House of Cards being displayed on a 4K unit, and it just looked horrible with the frames being stitched together. And every public place which has a TV display seems to do this. It be frustrating for me if I was trying to purchase a television right now to see so many demo units with this feature enabled. It never has, nor will it ever look good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sailor Moon is trash.
I like it conceptually as a sort of female Power Rangers thing.

Much like Power Rangers, the concept outdoes the execution by a rather large margin. None of the episodes I saw were particularly interesting or compelling in any significant way.

Ronin Warriors is still the best show of that type. Saint Seiya looks cool too (never saw it though)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Much like Power Rangers, the concept outdoes the execution by a rather large margin. None of the episodes I saw were particularly interesting or compelling in any significant way.

Ronin Warriors is still the best show of that type. Saint Seiya looks cool too (never saw it though)

Saint Seiya is pretty silly but fun at the same time. You should try watching the oldies.

FUME5

Runamuck just messaged me, she's had no time for men lately, its been a while, I'm a nice guy that she trusts, what am I doing tonight, no strings attached.

Lenny face.

I kinda grew up with Sailor Moon so it weirdly gets a pass in all things for me.
In other words: it's great

In Australia around 1989 - 1996 (I think), we had a weekday morning kids show called Agro's Cartoon Connection that had some rad cartoons (Robotech, Cardcaptors, Sailor Moon amongst a crap ton of American cartoons) until Cheez TV came in (which was still "Weekday Cartoon Show™" but a lot more sketch comedy focus) and absolutely fucking steamrolled every competitor six feet under.

Looking back and Cheez had the craziest cartoon roster (and really was responsible for the anime surge in Aus, especially when Madman was born out of it);Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Medabots, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Tekkaman Blade are just the anime side of it.

Not really related to anything, but there ya go. Random good morning brain fart :p

Also, I'm gonna stream a bunch o' games in a sec if anyone wants to join

Edit: It's up twitch.tv/fengshuifever

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

I'd recommend reading the manga/watching Crystal. Nako Takeuchi's original version is better ina lot of ways, more mature, more nuanced and it really introduced me to the idea of fluid sexuality when I was really young. Sailor Moon is TREMENDOUS.

And back on Witcher for a second, like I don't mind fanservicey stuff, but for some reason the fact that the women were literally being collected bugged me. Like I enjoy booby series like Freezing and Queen's Blade, hell I LOVE the DOAX games, but like it just got under my skin. Not enough to totally turn me off though, I love the Witcher serie.

zeemumu

I'm trying to burn through my physical backlog before I start messing with my digital one, so I think it'd be a while before I ever got into Witcher. I just have to finish Shadow of Mordor and Dying Light and I'm home free. Trouble is I'm having a hard time getting myself to sit down and play video games. It's not a problem specific to video games but it's bothering me that I've had to force myself to play them recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom