• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel nothing for non-TAS Harley Quinn. That qwerky clearly-batshit-crazy-with-occasional-signs-of-normalcy is what's great about her creation as a new character. That, and her clearly being a bisexual that goes to both poison ivy and Mr. J.

Speaking of which: if there would be a Poison Ivy cameo in SS I might actually watch it. It's been 20 years, surely by now we can do a gritty version of Ivy. Or maybe more The Thing like, because plant based. She's a great character to do some really creepy stuff with if they wanted to. Batman v Ivy as an R rated horror movie could be awesome. :p

suicide-squad-4-1460315737.gif

Man, I'm going to see so many Harley's at comic con in July :3

zeemumu

I feel nothing for non-TAS Harley Quinn. That qwerky clearly-batshit-crazy-with-occasional-signs-of-normalcy is what's great about her creation as a new character. That, and her clearly being a bisexual that goes to both poison ivy and Mr. J.

Speaking of which: if there would be a Poison Ivy cameo in SS I might actually watch it. It's been 20 years, surely by now we can do a gritty version of Ivy. Or maybe more The Thing like, because plant based. She's a great character to do some really creepy stuff with if they wanted to. Batman v Ivy as an R rated horror movie could be awesome. :p

If they did do Ivy I'd want them to do something along the lines of The Ruins with the carnivorous vines.

I'll forever be grateful to TAS for creating Harley, but I think a few other adaptations have improved the character or at least made more interesting versions of her.

Man, I'm going to see so many Harley's at comic con in July :3

All the cons have already been full of SS Harley costumes. It's super cute and it's relatively easy to do. I was going to do it for Halloween last year but eh... I don't want to talk about it.

Harley's my favorite DC villain. If they fuck it up, I think I'm out as far as the DCU goes.

I wonder if they'll go the Ivy route

tumblr_nxzjjaR8ZO1uiuhxxo1_500.png

Ivy isn't in Suicide Squad. Just Katana and Enchantress. Maybe eventually but definitely not now nor before they expend Joker (because let's be real, the next Batfleck solo movie is going to be vs Joker).

zeemumu

I'll forever be grateful to TAS for creating Harley, but I think a few other adaptations have improved the character or at least made more interesting versions of her.

All the cons have already been full of SS Harley costumes. It's super cute and it's relatively easy to do. I was going to do it for Halloween last year but eh... I don't want to talk about it.

Ivy isn't in Suicide Squad. Just Katana and Enchantress. Maybe eventually but definitely not now nor before they expend Joker (because let's be real, the next Batfleck solo movie is going to be vs Joker).

I meant in general. I'm curious to know if they'll eventually go with Harley leaving Joker for Ivy for a while. There's still a lot going around about
Joker being Jason Todd
, and if that's true I'm curious when the Harley thing started.

This episode of BTAS was probably the most Harley Quinn-heavy.

If they did do Ivy I'd want them to do something along the lines of The Ruins with the carnivorous vines.

And / or Krampus like wood "elves" (mini Groots?), just to creep people the fuck out. I mean, if we take every rogue to represent a psychological aspect Ivy is dehumanization anyway, so you'ld have to go cold as ice (no pun intended) with all the creepiness that comes with it on that one.

I suppose Batman v Robin would be very different movie if it were made today. Wait, it's an 'and' ? Silly Robin, Batman works alone. *hook to the face*

zeemumu

And / or Krampus like wood "elves" (mini Groots?), just to creep people the fuck out. I mean, if we take every rogue to represent a psychological aspect Ivy is dehumanization anyway, so you'ld have to go cold as ice (no pun intended) with all the creepiness that comes with it on that one.

I suppose Batman v Robin would be very different movie if it were made today. Wait, it's an 'and' ? Silly Robin, Batman works alone. *hook to the face*

I still haven't seen Krampus yet. I need to.

Noooooooooo

Honestly I wouldn't know, but every comic I've seen with her did little for me. The Arkham games are a bit here, a bit there for me. It is the same character, but less an instrument of the Joker and more her own thing. As far as identification goes I would realize that's better, but I'd like to think the Joker, much like his opposite, prefers to work alone.
Or straight up doesn't care who gets hurts, including Harley. That's kind of the joke (on her).

But I'm no expert on that.

ehm... unless he's somehow de-aged in his solo movie, it ain't gonna have mister J.
He dead
. They clearly did that with dialogue from Alfred mentioning past rogues while going over the messed up suit.

They seemed to use the Nolan trilogy as canon in BvS, so all of the rogues that appear in those are 'out' in terms of being available for Baffleck's solo thing. Oooooooh, but they could definitely use the Ace gang as a setup for Batman Beyond, if they were ever to go that way. I know they're not ballsy enough to do that, but they already had 'Batman uses violence because middle aged', and since that is literally the start of Beyond / Batman of the Future, there is a potential hook there.

Eh, whatever.

I still haven't seen Krampus yet. I need to.

Yes. It's awesome. Though the imagine I may have planted is not what you should expect from it. It's not creepypasta, more Gremlins style creepy. It's definitely a good movie though. I loved it.

tumblr_o5g6ysXtxQ1qi2mpqo2_r1_540.png

Listen bitch....this is the zombie apocalypse...you shouldn't...be looking this good....

Well someone had to think about stockpiling all kinds of make-up when shit hit the fan.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I kinda hate Harley Quinn and always have

zeemumu

ehm... unless he's somehow de-aged in his solo movie, it ain't gonna have mister J.
He dead
. They clearly did that with dialogue from Alfred mentioning past rogues while going over the messed up suit.

They seemed to use the Nolan trilogy as canon in BvS, so all of the rogues that appear in those are 'out' in terms of being available for Baffleck's solo thing. Oooooooh, but they could definitely use the Ace gang as a setup for Batman Beyond, if they were ever to go that way. I know they're not ballsy enough to do that, but they already had 'Batman uses violence because middle aged', and since that is literally the start of Beyond / Batman of the Future, there is a potential hook there.

Eh, whatever.

What I've been hearing is that
Joker killing Robin sent him over the edge and he killed Joker, and Batman's thing about killing has always been that if he were to do it he knows there would be no going back. He'd just keep killing all of his villains. And that was supposedly what the writing on Robin's costume meant. I mean it's happened before. In that Batman Beyond movie, Joker basically turned Robin into a Joker sleeper agent

He dead

Eh, whatever.

Wait but both
Batman and Joker are in Suicide Squad, and it's post BvS. Plus Bruce retired at the end of Rises, and Batfleck is clearly Bruce (not JGL/Robin/whatever).

What I've been hearing is that
Joker killing Robin sent him over the edge and he killed Joker, and Batman's thing about killing has always been that if he were to do it he knows there would be no going back. He'd just keep killing all of his villains. And that was supposedly what the writing on Robin's costume meant. I mean it's happened before. In that Batman Beyond movie, Joker basically turned Robin into a Joker sleeper agent

Something like that, yes. It's really disturbing how utterly vague and well, borderline incompetent, that movie is in giving the audience the information it actually needs. If we had all that info, the movie's criticism would be cut in half, but it never establishes these things and only gives out breadcrumbs in passing that you're supposed to put together on your own.
It's both expecting your audience to be smarter than you could realistically expect it to be and not giving it the means to use those smarts. Smarts is a word now.

Wait but both
Batman and Joker are in Suicide Squad, and it's post BvS. Plus Bruce retired at the end of Rises, and Batfleck is clearly Bruce (not JGL/Robin/whatever).

Yeah.... that's what I mean.
It's impossible to see any canon between these movies now. Maybe they're not supposed to be though. We assume it based on Marvel's approach, but perhaps WB wants to makes separate installments of their movies?

and on an unrelated note: I completely forgot to catch up with the new season of Archer.

zeemumu

Wait but both

You could argue that
he retired because he left Robin in charge, right? What if Robin got wrecked and forced Batman to return? It would make sense as to why Wayne Manor is in disrepair
. But then
Bruce was also supposedly dead, not just Batman, so that doesn't make any sense

You could argue that
he retired because he left Robin in charge, right? What if Robin got wrecked and forced Batman to return? It would make sense as to why Wayne Manor is in disrepair
. But then
Bruce was also supposedly dead, not just Batman, so that doesn't make any sense

The manor at the end of Rises is
left to the orphan children as a new home for them.

Different Batmen.

Are you sure the RB isn't just stuck under the controller shell? It's happened to a few of mine.

No, the plastic button snapped off where it is hinged on the left (towards the home button (or whatever the fuck it's called), and then fell out. Stuck it on with duct tape and that made it sort of work. It's only broken plastic— whatever triggers the button press (presumably under one of its plastic tabs) still works fine.

Looks like I can buy coloured button kits so I may do this to fix it.

Emily's cause of death: black turtleneck

Isn't that what killed Steve Jobs?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ayyyy lmao Hawt

Sol Vander Lyn is wrong
Her physical attractiveness isn't in question. Her personality - throughout all mediums and appearances - is asinine and annoying.

I live the weekend life everyday. It has become Monday life all the time.
These two statements... mean the opposite thing

I've had a three-day weekend for the past five weeks now. I can't really complain. We're working on a fun project tomorrow too so I'm pretty happy.

This looks much better than Batman v Superman.

Oof, that'll be hard, but it could happen!

Her physical attractiveness isn't in question. Her personality - throughout all mediums and appearances - is asinine and annoying.

She's been known to be vexing. For a lot of us that's part of the allure, but then again I've always loved obnoxious, maniacal characters.

Jobbs

Banned
I feel like you can't film action properly -- It can't be captured on film -- Unless the camera is shaking excessively. If you're able to actually see anything coherently, then it's inherently flawed. I should be able to see nothing, I should only have the vague sensation of motion, and that's how I know the action is exciting.

I feel like you can't film action properly -- It can't be captured on film -- Unless the camera is shaking excessively. If you're able to actually see anything coherently, then it's inherently flawed. I should be able to see nothing, I should only have the vague sensation of motion, and that's how I know the action is exciting.

This is the Borderlands approach to gunfights and I love it. Also there's something to be said for haptic feedback. You don't get quite the same buzz without it.

Jobbs

Banned
This is the Borderlands approach to gunfights and I love it. Also there's something to be said for haptic feedback. You don't get quite the same buzz without it.

if I can see anything in the movie, then what's the fucking point?

:: turns sarcasm off ::

for video games, I agree that screen shake can add something. I probably use too much, but I won't stop. I just can't stop.

I just watched the teaser scene for whatever the next AMC show about guns and fighting is, and the entire fucking scene was shaking so constantly that I couldn't get one look at anyone or anything. It was comical.

Jobbs

Banned
Sometimes I think they just shake the camera endlessly to make shit choreography look exciting. All you can make out are people vaguely scuffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom