• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

Sometimes I think they just shake the camera endlessly to make shit choreography look exciting. All you can make out are people vaguely scuffling.
fullcolorpattersonfilmwalkacross-cropped-walk.gif

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Upcoming Game Has 'Strongest' Opening Sequence, Developer Says

"This is our strongest beginning, opening sequence for games since 'The Last of Us,'" Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer told PlayStation Espana. The third-person shooter launches May 10 on PlayStation 4.

I'm wet

Sometimes I think they just shake the camera endlessly to make shit choreography look exciting. All you can make out are people vaguely scuffling.

That's probably part of it, and maybe this is my naivety showing, but how hard can it really be to choreograph decent fighting? Is it just something people don't think about?

FUME5

Isn't TLoU the last game they put out though?

Shitty fighting choreography you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Q45mlDq1o

The zenith or the nadir depending on your point of view.

9b7e79fb327852cfcc1a79b26aa6693c.gif

That's probably part of it, and maybe this is my naivety showing, but how hard can it really be to choreograph decent fighting? Is it just something people don't think about?

That appears authentic but doesn't injure your stunt people? Very hard.

Jobbs

Banned

what dis? did the original have shake in it or something and someone fixed it?

Shitty fighting choreography you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Q45mlDq1o

I think if they just shook the camera violently the entire time people wouldn't have noticed how bad it was

Apparently it's not easy, see above

I can't wait to experience nathan drake jumping around collapsing buildings or whatever with the vague sense that I have some kind of interaction with the game.. I don't want to be entrusted with too much control, I want the game designers to only craft the illusion of interactivity because fuck the medium and fuck me.

I can't wait to experience nathan drake jumping around collapsing buildings or whatever with the vague sense that I have some kind of interaction with the game.. I don't want to be entrusted with too much control, I want the game designers to only craft the illusion of interactivity because fuck the medium and fuck me.

Have you not watched any of the preview material? I really don't understand how that could be the impression anyone has right now unless they're just ignoring everything that has come out so far.

FUME5

Don't forget we want to be able to shoot pirates in the face like, I dunno, 8-10 times before they die.

And no, I haven't seen any preview footage because I was done with the series a few hours into the sequel.

Someone should tell Alicia that flannel is really gay

You don't want to be saying that to an Aussie bogan.

Jobbs

Banned
Have you not watched any of the preview material? I really don't understand how that could be the impression anyone has right now unless they're just ignoring everything that has come out so far.

Not really. I saw the E3 thing which was a very on rails setpiece with driving and then nathan swinging on a rope and crashing through things or whatever.

I've played UC games. I hate them. Why? Because they fundamentally treat the user as an obstacle in the thing they want to do. Our presence inconveniences them in their design process. Their entire MO is fucked... But some people enjoy that, I guess, so whatever. All I can say is what I think of it.

Maybe UC4 is totally different. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if I'm wrong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This may apply to some of you...

tumblr_o58388Ax4I1s5b5tzo1_500.jpg

Hey... Look at the window next to you bae.

Do people still write and consume fan fiction? Is this still a thing to a significant degree?

For some reason I view this as a fixture of 90s internet, before better things to do came about.

Ehhh 50 Shades basically started as that IIRC. People also like to do creative writing so it doesn't surprise me to see it still around.

Someone should tell Alicia that flannel is really gay

hey I love flannel! :O

actually... how gay do I look in this picture? I was helping one of my friends practice proposing to her girlfriend, but it's not uncommon for me to wear that outfit.

Not really. I saw the E3 thing which was a very on rails setpiece with driving and then nathan swinging on a rope and crashing through things or whatever.

I've played UC games. I hate them. Why? Because they fundamentally treat the user as an obstacle in the thing they want to do. Our presence inconveniences them in their design process. Their entire MO is fucked... But some people enjoy that, I guess, so whatever. All I can say is what I think of it.

Maybe UC4 is totally different. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if I'm wrong.

UC is certainly not my favorite Naughty Dog output to date, so I'll never reprimand someone for criticizing those aspects of the first three games, but it looks like they're really trying to turn things around in the gameplay department with this latest one. Levels are a lot more open, traversal segments are not about going from yellow line to yellow line anymore, and in general you have a lot more at your disposal in each facet of play.

FUME5

Do people still write and consume fan fiction? Is this still a thing to a significant degree?

For some reason I view this as a fixture of 90s internet, before better things to do came about.

If only Fiction were here. But perhaps you would like to ask Dragonz for a peek at her stash.

Hey... Look at the window next to you bae.

If anyone has shipped me with someone I'm going to be pissed.

actually... how gay do I look in this picture? I was helping one of my friends practice proposing to her girlfriend, but it's not uncommon for me to wear that outfit.

Maybe/gay.

Vazra

I give you a Chloe from Life is Strange/Gay
If only Fiction were here. But perhaps you would like to ask Dragonz for a peak at her stash.

If anyone has shipped me with someone I'm going to be pissed.

I wanna ship your train into my tunnel. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Misha

Banned

The Seattle mariners hat makes you look like a hardcore baseball fan since who would be a casual mariners fan?

Jobbs

Banned
The picture doesn't strike me as gay, no.

Some people are obviously gay, but really, anyone could be. The gays could be anywhere. You could be sitting next to one without realizing it. It's scary.

UC is certainly not my favorite Naughty Dog output to date, so I'll never reprimand someone for criticizing those aspects of the first three games, but it looks like they're really trying to turn things around in the gameplay department with this latest one. Levels are a lot more open, traversal segments are not about going from yellow line to yellow line anymore, and in general you have a lot more at your disposal in each facet of play.

I can put up with a story centric game that is light on gameplay, even though in most of those cases I feel like it holds the experience back (example: I enjoyed Until Dawn, but I could never shake the feeling that it'd have been much better if tooled into more of a traditional survival horror game).

In the case of UC, I just don't give a shit about the story or characters, so it's particularly hard to care about their games. I'll give UC4 a shot if only for the spectacle and general participation in the zeitgeist

The Seattle mariners hat makes you look like a hardcore baseball fan since who would be a casual mariners fan?

Oh is that what that is? I borrowed someone else' hat because it was super bright out and I don't like wearing sunglasses. He's probably a fan though.

I can put up with a story centric game that is light on gameplay, even though in most of those cases I feel like it holds the experience back (example: I enjoyed Until Dawn, but I could never shake the feeling that it'd have been much better if tooled into more of a traditional survival horror game).

In the case of UC, I just don't give a shit about the story or characters, so it's particularly hard to care about their games. I'll give UC4 a shot if only for the spectacle and general participation in the zeitgeist

That's a perfectly valid complaint. I enjoy a few of the characters but not so much the stories. I also find most of the set pieces very impressive even if I don't particularly enjoy playing through them. They've been good watch-someone-else-play games.

Vazra

Make a fan fiction of me being a professional player and banging all the guys from FakeGAF. Do not edit their names so they can feel the shame. Also go Tolkien levels of details when the acts are happening. Describe the sweat going (insert username here) crack and the faces he or they make while I go at them. Thank you very much WhereAreMahTolkiens

Make a fan fiction of me being a professional player and banging all the guys from FakeGAF. Do not edit their names so they can feel the shame. Also go Tolkien levels of details when the acts are happening. Describe the sweat going (insert username here) crack and the faces he or they make while I go at them. Thank you very much WhereAreMahTolkiens

oh I thought y'all were referring to the dozens of fics I have bookmarked

...or that I totally don't have bookmarked....

Vazra

so do people write stories about clark and lexa and you read those? like what are we dealing with here?

I'm so completely out of touch with this stuff

If its real there is probably fan fiction out of it bro. There may even be a fan fiction of Ghost Song already and you're not aware of it.

Vazra

are fanfics mostly vehicles for people to make characters fuck?

I'd say about 85% is that. 15% is angry people making a different ending for a show that they didnt like the ending or some twist in the story they didnt like.

are fanfics mostly vehicles for people to make characters fuck?

Not always. Some are, but I've read many that are just pure fluff and emotional angst. It really depends on what you're looking for.

Honestly most are very poorly written; I mean, you don't have to be a professional to get this shit out there. But there are a few gems; you just have to wade through piles of shit to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom