• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Honestly please someone bring me pancakes

dennis-cabin-fever-o.gif

I can fill this box with pancake mix before I mail it.

Halcyon

I'd also not like to be floating out at sea in a rubber dingy. I think that would be awful. Especially ala Unbroken with sharks constantly prodding at your boat.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If I was rich I'd run a gourmet pancake house for regular ass pancake prices (that's my tagline btw)

BEAUTY-delicious-coffeehouse-pancakes.jpeg

Pumpkin-Pancakes1.jpg

MutFox

Banned
Good sushi also doesn't smell bad at all.

Pretty much.

Best sashimi I've ever had was in Shimonoseki in Japan.
That city is famous for Fugu, which is blowfish.
Super tasty, but if not done right, can kill you. :)

The slices of sashimi were so thin,
you could see through them. (had to be thin, due to poison.)
Taste was great though.
Also had fugu broth and fugu fried rice.

Jobbs

Banned
there are three things that unequivocally, irrevocably, irrefutably, inarguably and inexorably suck:

• fish
  • the steam controller
  • game of thrones

Pretty much.

Best sashimi I've ever had was in Shimonoseki in Japan.
That city is famous for Fugu, which is blowfish.
Super tasty, but if not done right, can kill you. :)

The slices of sashimi were so thin,
you could see through them. (had to be thin, due to poison.)
Taste was great though.
Also had fugu broth and fugu fried rice.

Ive always wondered if fugu is worth the taste, like the risk of getting sick/dying surely cant be worth the taste. surely. I love sushi though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
there are three things that unequivocally, irrevocably, irrefutably, inarguably and inexorably suck:

• fish
  • the steam controller
  • game of thrones
This post is 75% garbage.

Steam controller is worthless tho.

Jobbs

Banned
customers: "I feel like I want something that sort of has the properties of a gamepad, but also has the properties of a mouse, but functions as neither and indeed doesn't function in any practical way at all. I want something completely pointless."

valve: "coming right up. it'll take two years to perfect."

:: two years pass ::

customers: "ahh yiss it's completely pointless. thanks valve"

valve: "earn this."

:: tearful salute ::

MutFox

Banned
Ive always wondered if fugu is worth the taste, like the risk of getting sick/dying surely cant be worth the taste. surely. I love sushi though.

It's worth it.
Though it has to be prepared by a licensed chef.

I want to go back to Japan soon...
Maybe end of this year...

Misha

Banned
customers: "I feel like I want something that sort of has the properties of a gamepad, but also has the properties of a mouse, but functions as neither and indeed doesn't function in any practical way at all. I want something completely pointless."

I wish they didn't compromise and it was more mouselike. A mouse that doesn't need a surface would be nice

Jobbs

Banned
I wish they didn't compromise and it was more mouselike. A mouse that doesn't need a surface would be nice

"sir, there are two hundred muscles in the arm, wrist, and hand, granting it fine control. this is why a mouse is accurate; all of these finely tuned mechanisms being guided by a neural network faster than any super computer."

"right, but we can do this with a thumb, right? a clamp? that thing that evolved to grip bananas?"

"yes, we could, sir, but it'll be completely pointless. it'll be a self defeating piece of hardware."

"let's do it."

"yes sir."

SolVanderlyn

It's the concept of two great things together = super great thing. It rarely works. See example:

best-oreo-flavors-01.jpg

Gamepad OR mouse. Not both!

Misha

Banned
"sir, there are two hundred muscles in the arm, wrist, and hand, granting it fine control. this is why a mouse is accurate; all of these finely tuned mechanisms being guided by a neural network faster than any super computer."

"right, but we can do this with a thumb, right? a clamp? that thing that evolved to grip bananas?"

"yes, we could, sir, but it'll be completely pointless. it'll be a self defeating piece of hardware."

"let's do it."

"yes sir."
Just make a wiimote

I'm actually excited for the vive controllers. They look cool

Jobbs

Banned
Oh right, that's tomorrow. I'm gonna have to go pick up my copy from the Gamestop and then strategically pre-order Uncharted 4

"thank you for blah blah blah would you like to preorder uncharted 4 and smur smur"

"yeah, I would"

"are you sure because if you preorder now you can get blah blah"

"I said yes."

"..."

"oh, okay, I never got this far before"

zeemumu

I thought it was out in like 5-6 hours?
Just pre-ordered this morning... :|

It's still technically morning over here. They usually have launch events so I might be able to get it at like 9PM but it depends on how lazy I'm feeling tonight.

"thank you for blah blah blah would you like to preorder uncharted 4 and smur smur"

"yeah, I would"

"are you sure because if you preorder now you can get blah blah"

"I said yes."

"..."

"oh, okay, I never got this far before"

To buy new stuff I usually trade in old stuff that I don't play anymore. I'm considering trading in SSBB towards UC4 because I don't play it (or any of my Wii games, really) but I don't know if I want to split up the collection because I own every SSB game on its original console. Might end up trading in Splatoon instead. Or both and pay off most of the game.

Either way I have class in the morning tomorrow and don't get off until around 4 so It's not like I'll get to play it sooner even if I pick it up tonight.

I'm looking through this gamestop rewards site and apparently I have 10,000 points tacked up because I never spent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom