• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I would take Spyro over those.

The very first games my nieces played and connected with were the Spyro games on PS1. PS1 was their first console, even though xbox 360 and PS3 existed at the time.

They *loved* Spryo. I still remember Kenna sitting on the chair at 4 years old using the controller any way she could with her friggin' tiny hands. So cute.

At some point they encountered the later redesign of Spyro -- When they redesigned Spyro to make him less cute and maybe a bit edgy. Instantly -- instantly they lost the affection of my nieces. They just saw it and went "nope" and moved on to Minecraft.

So strong was their dislike of what Spyro turned into that they stopped liking the old Spyro games as well.

spyro.png

This is among the more boneheaded decisions I've seen a game series make. If your entire stock is in having a cute little purple dragon, why make him uncute?

zeemumu

Dunno about Sly but Spryo was good. If Sly is anything like Infamous then no thanks!

Kinda sorta not really. If you've played either one you'll notice some similarities in the animations, like how Cole's casual jog looks a little like Sly's casual jog, and all of the characters emote weird during cutscenes. It looks better in Sly Cooper because of the more cartoony design. In Infamous it just looks kinda weird.

Are we ever gonna get that Sly Cooper movie?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I LOVE Jak, really like Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet, thought Gex was cool, and don't really like Sly.

Not sure why I adore the Jak games so much... I even have a lot of issues with them, but they're still some of my favorite games of all time.

Dunno about Sly but Spryo was good. If Sly is anything like Infamous then no thanks!

There are some similarities for sure, but also a lot of not. But you're not going to catch me hating InFamous either.

I like how you left out Gex.

I don't think anyone's gonna bag on Sly or Spyro.

Never played it. Never heard any love for it either, so I would be really hard pressed to give it a try at this point.

edit: lol, right after Sol posts that he thought Gex was cool. Hmm. Hmmm.

zeemumu

Never played it. Never heard any love for it either, so I would be really hard pressed to give it a try at this point.

I have some nostalgia for the PS1 2D platformer one. I don't know anything about the other two. Then again, my taste in games was weird as a kid. I played a lot of obscure shit. Like Rascal.

513610-rascal_coverart.png

Jobbs

Banned
Gex wasn't a real game. I don't understand how it can have fans. It was an imitation of a game. It's absolutely fucking horrid.

The character design itself almost looks like a parody

Jak 2 was pretty good, I liked that and Jak 1
Sly 1 was great too, got my first platinum playing that

RIP spyro

I never played Gex, seems like a Bubsy kinda game, like shit

zeemumu

I also miss Twisted Metal. 1 was a good start, 2 was good, 3 and 4 were severe dips in quality, Black was the stuff of nightmares (in a good way) and the PS3 one was sort of okay. It came with a free copy of Black so...

Then there's Tomba! which was one of the first games I ever played. And Brave Fencer Musashi

I hated Glover though. And Croc, and Jersey Devil, and the Frogger and Centipede remakes...

Kevyt

Good evening Fakers, I'm about to eat four scrambled eggs~

I'm also about to shower my cats~

Oh, and I'm cleaning my shoes too~

There, life update complete.

:p

FloatOn

tbh I get sick any time people mention brick and mortar video game shops that are not devoted to retro games.

So old fashioned and inconvenient

Jobbs

Banned
tbh I get sick any time people mention brick and mortar video game shops that are not devoted to retro games.

magic sword seems to last longer than in other souls games. combine that with the potential to cast it more times (things moved to a mana bar now as opposed to # of uses per spell) and I am liking the idea of the assassin mold provided in the starting classes

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

They were like carnivals to us when we were younger

Or at least... to me they were. Some of my best memories are going into game shops and just looking at things.

zeemumu

They were like carnivals to us when we were younger

Or at least... to me they were. Some of my best memories are going into game shops and just looking at things.

They take me back to the old days of playing Mario Kart 64 while eating Mario Kart themed Fruit Rollups and playing Lion King on the Genesis.

physical for life
single player games get traded / sold after I complete them most of the time

I am stuck with killzone shadow fall forever, digital L

consoles of course, PC is different

Jobbs

Banned
physical for life
single player games get traded / sold after I complete them most of the time

I am stuck with killzone shadow fall forever, digital L

I've been increasingly transitioning to digital. I buy most games digitally these days. I have a decent physical collection and it's fun to look at, but ultimately convenience is starting to win

edit: yeah, PC has been 100% digital for years now, I mean my console stuff I'm mainly doing digital these days as well

FUME5

I can't handle this slow as fuck, tiny screen bullshit.

Fuck it, paying out my contract and re-signing gets me a new phone now and is cheaper than the repair cost on the S5.

zeemumu

Well I'm not tired and I finished my paper and I think I'll be able to pick up Dark Souls 3 in an hour.

Wait no it might not be.

FloatOn

Well this is embarrassing... I just got wrecked by the intro boss twice in a row. I blame being tired from work and school.

This motherfucker is going down in the morning.

I rolled herald btw. I feel like these additional heals will help.

AcridMeat

Banned
don't joke about that! you better shower the doll with glitter and massage its temples to undo the curse.

wow that was weird.
I mean, if you insist.
tumblr_molkw3umim1sq9bgoo1_500.gif

God, I have issues

I just bought Memoir 44 based entirely on a rules explanation

Who does that

Why did I do that
Isn't there a free to play version of that on steam? I know I played it for a bit. It's a cool game!
I need to make a confession. I'm playing Ratchet & Clank tonight instead of Dark Souls. James Arnold Taylor and David Kaye are my homeboys.
Hell yeah! How are you liking it? I played it a bit at E3 and it looked amazing.

When is that movie supposed to come out? I'm actually curious to see it.

SolVanderlyn

I still need to see Season 5

Hell yeah! How are you liking it? I played it a bit at E3 and it looked amazing.

When is that movie supposed to come out? I'm actually curious to see it.
Don't know about the movie. The game doesn't unlock for another ten minutes and my friends who made way too many pancakes are still here. I'm sure I'll have impressions really late tonight or tomorrow some time.

FloatOn

Not playing Ass Creed 3 was a wise decision.

I've never seen a more bloated, poorly paced, homogeneous piece of excrement. Even by Ubisoft standards.

I played the first asscreed to completion to see what all the fuss was about. It was so bad that I promised myself I would never touch the rest of the franchise.

I played the first asscreed to completion to see what all the fuss was about. It was so bad that I promised myself I would never touch the rest of the franchise.

II and Brotherhood are both still really fun. Especially Brotherhood. But they can get pretty repetitive. Although not as bad as the first.

I'll most likely give in and get the next Ass Creed next year. Both because it's finally getting something of a gameplay refresh and because an ancient Egyptian setting is irresistible to me.

zeemumu

II and Brotherhood are both still really fun. Especially Brotherhood. But they can get pretty repetitive. Although not as bad as the first.

I'll most likely give in and get the next Ass Creed next year. Both because it's finally getting something of a gameplay refresh and because an ancient Egyptian setting is irresistible to me.

The next Sly Cooper is also gonna be in Egypt.

You're not gonna win, we'll be here together,
Fighting in this judgement hall forever.
I know you just reset each time I beat ya',
But I'll always be right back here to meet ya'.

I know you're made of
Lo-o-o-o-ove
Lo-o-o-o-ove
But I think I'm stronger than you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom