• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ZXW2Cxq.jpg

My childhood is rushing back to me in an auditory explosion.

I could never get into TF2 so Overwatch isn't doing anything for me, but I like the art style and character designs a bunch.

Is there something inherently wrong with not wanting anything serious? That was my position from the start

Now there's mission creep

No. I didn't realize this meant it was potentially getting serious.

Granadier

Is there something inherently wrong with not wanting anything serious? That was my position from the start

Now there's mission creep

No, there isn't. Just make sure that she knows your intentions if you aren't looking to move into anything serious.

I could never get into TF2 so Overwatch isn't doing anything for me, but I like the art style and character designs a bunch.

Pretty much where I'm at. Way back in 07/08 when TF2 came out I played it pretty often after school. Since then though I've had very little interest in it. But Overwatch is Blizzard and looks to have a really cool cast of characters, so I was looking forward to at least trying it.

yeah, I mean: jobbs, it's your sister not your mum. she shouldn't care that much if you two stay together or not.

edit: look at this page. beautiful combo <3

Misha

Banned

I definitely think its more enjoyable than tf2 but it still has a bit of what I don't like about tf2 in it. I figure I might find out how much I like it when I find a character I want to get good with. So far my favorite is D.Va (hence why I mentioned it making me want to play a mech game :p)

Hmm I think one of my biggest problems with it is the maps. I actually liked the practice map a lot more.
I want them to be more like some of the less open halo maps than somewhere between Cs: go and tf2

I'm going to try to finish Ratchet today so I can get into Dark Souls soon. My brother texted me last night saying he wants to finish Borderlands this weekend though, but I don't have time for all of those.

I definitely think its more enjoyable than tf2 but it still has a bit of what I don't like about tf2 in it. I figure I might find out how much I like it when I find a character I want to get good with. So far my favorite is D.Va (hence why I mentioned it making me want to play a mech game :p)

hmm, I don't think TF2 is a bad game. It's just not for me. I don't like squad based games nor first-person shooters most of the time. Borderlands is basically the only exception to that latter condition, primarily because the looting and open world is so good.

Granadier

Good luck with your potential OkCupid suitors trab. Hopefully none of them are crazy inline skating enthusiasts.

also your avatar is indeed hot. that jawline. sweat.jpg

Good luck with your potential OkCupid suitors trab. Hopefully none of them are crazy inline skating enthusiasts.

also your avatar is indeed hot. that jawline. sweat.jpg

haha what's up with jawlines lately?
also thanks but they are all starting to bore me already. don't know what's up with that. either they really are boring or I'm just dead inside.
also this is silly but one is a ginger. not that ginger people can't be beautiful but if we ever had babies they'd be so pale they'd probably be transparent. I can't let that happen.

I am very tempted to buy Dark Souls III....

trab looks like rock star in her current avatar. Hawt :p

aw thanks <3 yours is cool too!

Misha

Banned
hmm, I don't think TF2 is a bad game. It's just not for me. I don't like squad based games nor first-person shooters most of the time. Borderlands is basically the only exception to that latter condition, primarily because the looting and open world is so good.

Its not bad, its just not very enjoyable :p I like team FPS's but I'm very picky. So many of them are repetitive and don't have satisfying weapons or aren't very enjoyable when you're just starting out.

Granadier

I may have found a great room to rent for the summer in Harvard Square. Being cautiously optimistic. &#65533;&#65533;

also thanks but they are all starting to bore me already. don't know what's up with that. either they really are boring or I'm just dead inside.
also this is silly but one is a ginger. not that ginger people can't be beautiful but if we ever had babies they'd be so pale they'd probably be transparent. I can't let that happen.

Maybe I'm weird, but jawlines and teeth are two of the first things I notice. Then eyes.

Also since I'm genuinely curious, what makes them so boring to talk to? Online dating is so difficult to actually invest in right away since everything is so fickle.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wait is it sunglasses time? It felt like something was up but I didn't follow the thread in recent days lol.

I may have found a great room to rent for the summer in Harvard Square. Being cautiously optimistic. &#65533;&#65533;

Maybe I'm weird, but jawlines and teeth are two of the first things I notice. Then eyes.

Also since I'm genuinely curious, what makes them so boring to talk to? Online dating is so difficult to actually invest in right away since everything is so fickle.
it just feels like it's always the same questions. "where do you live?" "what do you do?" "what games to you play? I like Fallout 4 and [insert any other basic recent-ish game]" bleh. it's like an infinite hell of smalltalk. maybe if would be different if one of them was like really really hot. then if would maybe even be interesting. like a mounty.
Trabby is bored with all the non-mounty scrubs
exactly! I once conducted an experiment where I removed all distance filters to show matches worldwide and I actually found out that Canada has the highest hottie-quoty. (ohgod I swear I'm not drunk)

Granadier

it just feels like it's always the same questions. "where do you live?" "what do you do?" "what games to you play? I like Fallout 4 and [insert any other basic recent-ish game]" bleh. it's like an infinite hell of smalltalk. maybe if would be different if one of them was like really really hot. then if would maybe even be interesting. like a mounty.

exactly! I once conducted an experiment where I removed all distance filters to show matches worldwide and I actually found out that Canada has the highest hottie-quoty. (ohgod I swear I'm not drunk)

This is the absolute worst. I actively avoid smalltalk if I'm chatting up someone online. I'll be overly sarcastic and make conversation about completely unconventional situations just to see how the other person will react. If they play along I know that I'd have a fun time meeting them.
edit: reading this over it comes off as super douchey, but I honestly don't mean it that way ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Because honestly, I don't care about the smalltalk details until I've at least spent some time with the person. Not because I'm not interested in what they like, but because I don't think interests alone define a person. I want to know if we will connect in a real situation rather than listing off commonalities.

We need to do more board games, Saboteur was rly fun

also this is silly but one is a ginger. not that ginger people can't be beautiful but if we ever had babies they'd be so pale they'd probably be transparent. I can't let that happen

You want to talk about pale? Because I am the palest boy

Also small talk is the worst. I actually don't know how to do it. I just talk garbage all the time, it's way more fun

Granadier

I dont have an agenda

Sometimes women make it easy

Other times nothing happens and that's fine e too

Be attractive
Don't be unattractive.

It makes life so much easier. I'm currently working on improving the second rule.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you're attractive you have options and the fickleness of the human spirit overtakes you

If you're unattractive you desperately lower your standards and nobody wants you

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
bout to make some vegetables

awwww yeah

Diets are so fun

This is the absolute worst. I actively avoid smalltalk if I'm chatting up someone online. I'll be overly sarcastic and make conversation about completely unconventional situations just to see how the other person will react. If they play along I know that I'd have a fun time meeting them.
edit: reading this over it comes off as super douchey, but I honestly don't mean it that way ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Because honestly, I don't care about the smalltalk details until I've at least spent some time with the person. Not because I'm not interested in what they like, but because I don't think interests alone define a person. I want to know if we will connect in a real situation rather than listing off commonalities.
yeah you're right. but interests actually are important to me. I love conversations that suddenly go like "what?? you like that band too??" "it's my favorite! did you hear the song urghblurgh?" "OMG I LOVE URGHBLURGH. that second riff!" ..and so on. maybe I just expect too much common ground sometimes. :S
We need to do more board games, Saboteur was rly fun

You want to talk about pale? Because I am the palest boy

Also small talk is the worst. I actually don't know how to do it. I just talk garbage all the time, it's way more fun
I'm paler. :S
She asked me to draw her and I said no
poor girl.

also shoutout to zeemumu for joining!

Jobbs

Banned
Seems to me like something that would intimate in a non-sexual way.

It feels like you're giving someone something .. Like when you give someone a gift it should be proportionate to the occasion and context otherwise it puts undue pressure o things.

Eg imagine on your second date the girl buys you a car.. That puts so much pressure now onto your situation.

Not that me drawing g you is like getting you a car, but I just didn't really want to nonetheless

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up with online dating.

I want to start with it! A buddy created what is apparently my OKC profile a few weeks ago and I figured why not use it. Didn't open the page once yet, but I guess Imma set up that stupid thing tomorrow or so. Maybe it's fun :)

Granadier

yeah you're right. but interests actually are important to me. I love conversations that suddenly go like "what?? you like that band too??" "it's my favorite! did you hear the song urghblurgh?" "OMG I LOVE URGHBLURGH. that second riff!" ..and so on. maybe I just expect too much common ground sometimes. :S

True, it's tough without at least some common interests. It just gets super repetitive and boring to list them off or whatnot over and over.

Maybe what I mean is I like when the interests are discovered passively rather than through a bunch of questions to see if you're compatible.

It feels like you're giving someone something .. Like when you give someone a gift it should be proportionate to the occasion and context otherwise it puts undue pressure o things.

Eg imagine on your second date the girl buys you a car.. That puts so much pressure now onto your situation.

Not that me drawing g you is like getting you a car, but I just didn't really want to nonetheless

Totally understandable. I don't think you were in the wrong or anything.

SolVanderlyn

One negative swipe would destroy me because I am a delicate, fragile soul

Fuck that

Jobbs

Banned

I'm paler. :S

poor girl.

also shoutout to zeemumu for joining!

Lol

Do you think that was mean? I mean I wasn't mean Bout it

True, it's tough without at least some common interests. It just gets super repetitive and boring to list them off or whatnot over and over.

Maybe what I mean is I like when the interests are discovered passively rather than through a bunch of questions to see if you're compatible.

yeah this is true.

Lol

Do you think that was mean? I mean I wasn't mean Bout it

it's like a very romantic thought/gesture. I always wanted to get my bf to draw/paint me. he never did and I was sad. but idk, maybe she didn't mean it in a romantic way. anway it's totally fine to not get her hopes up by doing stuff like that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I want to start with it! A buddy created what is apparently my OKC profile a few weeks ago and I figured why not use it. Didn't open the page once yet, but I guess Imma set up that stupid thing tomorrow or so. Maybe it's fun :)

There are not many OKC users round here and I haven't tried it . On our local dating sites I get quite 'interesting' matches (single moms at least five years older mostly), Tinder is shit with bots and due to the fact that I live very near Austria and Italy, so even at 30 km distance it brings up half of singles in Klagenfurt...

I think that I have much more chances with hooking up with random girl on weekend night in pub.

SolVanderlyn

The first thing I ask my date is "could you look up Cyclocosmia on image search for a sec"

Jobbs

Banned
does she have mascara goop?

haha no

she's really pretty!

I don't know what's wrong with me :)

I do feel a bit bad now though about the drawing thing, I hadn't thought much about it until a minute ago, now I'll probably be more likely to call her later when my plan was to just let it sit for a while and space it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom