• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Oh man, arguing about which game companies are good or bad is so interesting and hasn't been done a million times before, please continue everyone

zIb6cOvq32em.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
I wish nintendo had the balls to revisit the Zelda 2 and doki doki panic Super Mario Bros 2 style of games

Nintendo's closest flirtation with good game design in recent years was A Link Between Worlds. The game was flawed for reasons I could go into, but at least there was a spark of life there.

he put it wrong: it was risky of them because now they can't justify putting out Ultra New Super Mario Brothers NX 2 in 2 years
Oh, that's a really good point. They'd have to add all new functionality that never appeared in a Mario game before and actually innovate again!

Re: LBP vs Mario, I don't love the former's physics but it's not worse than the slippery feeling of Mario. Plus it has a much better aesthetic. Originally I would have said it also had better level designs, but I think there's a stronger creativity from the limitations of MMaker's palette, and something to be said for the reliability of its implementation.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh, that's a really good point. They'd have to add all new functionality that never appeared in a Mario game before and actually innovate again!

Re: LBP vs Mario, I don't love the former's physics but it's not worse than the slippery feeling of Mario. Plus it has a much better aesthetic. Originally I would have said it also had better level designs, but I think there's a stronger creativity from the limitations of MMaker's palette, and something to be said for the reliability of its implementation.

I have Mario Maker. It's a cute toy, but so wholly under realized and so wholly underachieving... I don't know if it's out of some misguided philosophy of disdain for users, or just incompetence, (probably the former) but it could have been so much more. I have to say LBP is the better mousetrap, if you put aside all of the bias one might have for Nintendo and Mario.

FloatOn

Nintendo's closest flirtation with good game design in recent years was A Link Between Worlds. The game was flawed for reasons I could go into, but at least there was a spark of life there.

that was the reason why I bought the n3DSXL last year. I played up until the point of where you go to get the master sword and I just lost interest.

the perspective shifting mechanic was cool but I just felt like I would rather play link to the past again than pushing through this game.

link to the past is my favorite zelda game so it's kind of unfair

Oh man, arguing about which game companies are good or bad is so interesting and hasn't been done a million times before, please continue everyone

are comments like these perhaps why you have difficulty meeting people?

something to think about

Misha

Banned
Hey, Mirror's Edge Catalyst might potentially save them from shit status for me.

hopefully. I'm mostly convinced they already sucked out DICE's soul and left a husk. we'll see though

slap a elephant trunk on bowser and call it a day

Somnia

The 100 thread is just basically people arguing about stupid shit for the sake of arguing

Yep! I like when we discuss the show and have a REAL discussion on issues in there, but some posters clearly A) Don't get it and B) Get it, but don't care.

There might be more than just A and B, but whatever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need to make a list with some bombass indie/Steam games that can be played with an old school 8-way joystick for my arcade cabinet.

Can you take a picture of the arcade cabinet?

I think most if not all these games should do fine on Arcade stick. Mostly anything Shmup or Fighting game should be alright. Someone can correct me if some of these are wrong since I havent tried my arcade stick on PC tbh.

Arcana Heart
Astebreed
BlazBlue
Crimzom Clover
Danmaku Unlimited
DARIUSBURST
Deathsmiles
Divekick
Fighties
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ikaruga
King of Fighters 13
King of Fighters 2002
King of Fighters 98
Legend of the Dark Witch
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
Mushihimesama
Oniken
Pac Man Championship Edition
Pix The Cat
Raiden Legacy
Sine Mora
Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter V
Volgar The Viking

Googling around got me this thread too

I feel like I need a support group for people who can not beat games like Zelda.

I should love Wind Waker, but fuck me if I can beat the pillar puzzle on Dragon Roost Island.

I have never beat ALTTP because I could never find the boss of the second dungeon.

I never beat TP for some fucked up reason. Also TP kinda looks like crap.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sorry for any fans of Hillary in here, but it's looking like I won't vote this election, because I don't like either of them

I might go write in Mickey Mouse in the write-in slot

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm good compared to average dude #35253

Compared to some of the people I see online? Compared to people I play against online? Total scrub

Be like me. Just watch other people play them.

I don't suck though. I'm very good at gaming. I am a #gamer you see.

I want to play Wind Waker but holy shit that pillar puzzle is teeth grinding frustrating and i would rather not be angry at a child's video game.

It should be easy, but why do I fuck it up so bad?

Also why is saving system so fucked on any Zelda game I play?

zeemumu

I want to play Wind Waker but holy shit that pillar puzzle is teeth grinding frustrating and i would rather not be angry at a child's video game.

It should be easy, but why do I fuck it up so bad?

Also why is saving system so fucked on any Zelda game I play?

Wind Waker starts to irk me a bit when I get to the triforce collection quest.

And I've never run into any problems with saving in Zelda. It's usually fairly straightforward.

Halcyon

I been here going on 7, with an extra year of lurking behind that.

I don't even like you people. How's that for some wasted time.

Halcyon

I have 4x your post count

I am ashamed at myself

I actually haven't been posting en-masse such as this until the realgaf thread this year. Before that was alot of what I can only assume is uninteresting posts for whatever random thread I jumped into in OT.

"yea that's cool man"

"no, I always shave my ears"

"soccer is for idiots"

"i like wegman's subs"

shit like that.

Jobbs

Banned
when you fell asleep in the middle of the last episode of a show and you are trying to resume but you aren't sure exactly how far you lasted so you have to start early and rewatch some

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have contact lens fitting tomorrow, because they need to 'hit' the right type of semi-hard lens. This means 2-3 hours of putting lenses in and out and searching for the right combination. Can't wait. :\

And all my friends are going to ski flying finals on Saturday and I need to go to work :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom