• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather watch an anime about a children's card game. Those can be exciting as shit.
s4Bn592.gif

All the splendor of a lion, all the grace of an eagle.

Gazoinks

I'd rather watch an anime about a children's card game. Those can be exciting as shit.
s4Bn592.gif

Oh god, I remember when I was like 8 I was into Yugioh and I bought the movie and the translation was ridiculous. They translated Dark Magician as Dark Pharmacist!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's sort of funny that when I was young there were entire television shows targeting children with complex card games. Now we've got babby's first Hearthstone for grown men with too much disposable income.

Gonna get my ticket for Madoka Magica: Rebellion later tonight. Nearly forgot all about it and thankfully the theater I'm going to is having a 2nd showing cause the 1st one is sold out

Still salty that there's no Nashville showing.

There's one in Birmingham, AL, but not in Nashville. I don't get it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
e: how the hell did I quote the wrong post

I think some children's card game show is airing next season. It has Miyukichi in it so obviously I'm going to give it a shot.

Z/X: Zilliions of Enemy X Ignition.

From the director of Yami, so it's already a must see.

Cwarrior

I remember when 7th lied when he promoted killa la killa as sakugabro but what we got in return was cg satsuki walking up a wall, fights made up of stills and recycled animation which is the least of the shows problems when the fights are so poorly thought out and predictable dues ex machina out the ass comebacks.

I began catching up on one piece to day and Dammmeee Toei ain't fucking about, they really hit the ball out the park for every scene in the smoker vergo fight.

One piece 616-smoker vs vergo
iv84HRTVH2GRH.gif

iTskIRe5iJaZw.gif

^Katsumi ishizuka my mann :D
iqwPDrKcY6vdc.gif

iDuR9RnNVFXt8.gif

iBrbdVNCDoJF3.gif

every scene with smoker was sakuga
http://i.minus.com/iR33PBLNoIYBA.gif
http://i.minus.com/iKMlg0hYbRSKu.gif
http://i.minus.com/i2DFs2mWKVDGr.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibwzIbdVqw07MQ.gif

Trigger should take notes this is how you do high action superpowerd animated fight.

Oh god, I remember when I was like 8 I was into Yugioh and I bought the movie and the translation was ridiculous. They translated Dark Magician as Dark Pharmacist!

lol. DARK PHARMACIST! USE PRESCRIPTION DELAY!

Damn I hated Flay.

I hate her because she's such a manipulative bitch. Best girl is.. what's her face the blonde. If not her then Lacus. But in a yaoi world, it'd be KiraxArthun

If we're talking about sports stuff I want to see animated, I'll like to see the rugby manga I just discovered recently, 15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu. just cause.

lol. DARK PHARMACIST! USE PRESCRIPTION DELAY!

I hate her because she's such a manipulative bitch. Best girl is.. what's her face the blonde. If not her then Lacus. But in a yaoi world, it'd be KiraxArthun

And you have not seen even worst of her yet if you have only watched 16 episodes. Lacus is my waifu <3. Cagalli was great too but sen SEED Destiny happened.

Theonik

Super YoYo 19-22 (END)
Such silly drama and that finale. I don't think it's really list worthy though while amusing.
Some decent faces with shy-moe girl being smug though. Very :ponpo-worthy.

Vito

Banned
Santa Company kickstarter is now live!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itoso-tag/santa-company

Producer / Executive Director: Kenji Itoso (Transformers Animated, Dreaming Machine)
Director: Yumi Kamakura (Pokémon,Eureka seveN)
Screenplay: Naohiro Fukushima (009 RE:CYBORG,Eden of The East)
Original Character Design: Hidari (VOCALOID, Atelier Ayesha)
Animation Character Design: Hiroki Harada (Romeo×Juliet, Yu-Gi-Oh!)
Background Art: Takashi Aoi (Xam'd: Lost Memories, Eureka seveN)
Produced: KENJI STUDIO

cajunator

Banned
CAPTAIN LEVI WHAT IS THE PLAN?
CAPTAIN LEVI? WHAT IS THE PLAN, SIR?
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PLAN IS?
CAPTAIN LEVI WILL KNOW!

This goes on for an ENTIRE EPISODE.

Next Episode: "LOL there is no plan, guys."

Thats definitely how it is at many companies too.

s4Bn592.gif

Dark Magician Girl is a cutie

I think some children's card game show is airing next season. It has Miyukichi in it so obviously I'm going to give it a shot.

I admire your dedication to your goddess.

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo 44

Syrup apparently learns who Santa is the fastest.

Milk actually contacts Karen and asks her to come here since she would feel more confident with her nearby. Shit writes itself man.
And to take care of Santa

More plot details are emerging at least, and no ones Christmas was ruined by the main plot. But that letter...

cajunator

Banned
So he helped with the background art for AO huh? I remember Jexhius having a field day with that.

Anyway best of luck to them. It's certainly better organized than Trigger's Kickstarter.

WHat was wrong with the way Trigger did theirs? Seemed pretty well laid out to me.

Gundam Seed 1-16

knstQUu.gif

But I cried the whole time
DOESN'T MATTER HAD SEX

Flay actually acted 100 % like a total bitch but she gave kira a giant boost during the episodes where she was pushing him.

She has only that option left if she wanted to manipulate kira anyway.. A dreadfull but very effective weapon, even a coordinator couldn't avoid those effects.

Jarmel

Banned
WHat was wrong with the way Trigger did theirs? Seemed pretty well laid out to me.

This is laid out much better in communication and in terms of what is going to happen. Also the stretch goals are much more reasonable.

Trigger really didn't expect the response they got and so it became a bit of a mess.

jgminto

But it did. Not Yozakura level, obviously, but still solid, as always with the show, and using some dynamic camera angles and exciting visual tricks. Even the stills were exciting, thanks to smart choices about when to utilize them and how to make them look. (Thank you Dezaki.) That still when Onoda went over the peak was great stuff.'

Notice how it blurs the road, which threatens to dissolve into abstract lines, and how it depicts the wind current rushing around the wheel in several directions, curving around in dramatic spikes. These techniques create the sensation of motion even though nothing is actually moving.

I meant more the character animation. They always look really bad.

Jarmel

Banned
Tokyo Ravens-9

I was going to tough it out as I thought the show would only be 13 episodes. Turns out it's 24. Nope.

There is like almost nothing here that is good, or even approaching decent, other than Kon. Not a single damn thing to make me continue watching this garbage. The animation is trash, the fights are boring, the CGI is terrible, the characters are generally lame/boring, and the art direction is dull as fuck. I'm not even planning on dropping Strike despite how bad that is, but this doesn't even entertain me on a 'turn your brain off and enjoy' level.

There's also some hovercar shit that is such bad CGI that I don't even know if it was intentional or not.

rpmurphy

Delivery just now:
Q2YPQYul.jpg

Kinda disappointed that there's no way to disable subtitles.

Tetris song LOLOL. Just leave the scene cut out instead, damn it.

Narag

Aku no Hana 12

Expected Nakamura to end up the most vulnerable. Nice to see how it was handled here so far.

doorknob scene godly too

I meant more the character animation. They always look really bad.

Hardly; the characters have pretty much always been on model, and good layouts and cuts are not unfrequent. It sounds more like you don't like the designs, which is something different - I can understand why, as they're somewhat unconventional, though I find them attractive.

But if you think the anime character art is bad, you should look at the manga sometime. That has some of the sketchiest art I've seen in a professionally published manga.

CorvoSol

Valvrave like, 20 or whatever I don't know and only one of you REALLY cares

This was a really really boring episode until the last minute.

jgminto

Hardly; the characters have pretty much always been on model, and good layouts and cuts are not unfrequent. It sounds more like you don't like the designs, which is something different - I can understand why, as they're somewhat unconventional, though I find them attractive.

But if you think the anime character art is bad, you should look at the manga sometime. That has some of the sketchiest art I've seen in a professionally published manga.

No the character art looks fine but the cg models used always looked stiff and unnatural. They'd show a close up of cg legs stiffly spinning and it would just kill the sense of speed, especially earlier on when there were less blur effects and speed lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom