• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansoku

AnimeGAF, what anime did you cry the most with? Is there a consensus on saddest anime here?

Personally, I feel either Wolf's Rain or Cowboy Bebop's ending for me.

There are some scenes in Toradora and Code Geass that almost made me cry,
There's also AnoHana, 5cm per second and Grave of Fireflies.
And saw some mentions of Cashern Sins and The Girl Who Leapt Trough Time, and although I didn't cry or came close to, they're great, so watch that too.

Joe Molotov

AnimeGAF, what anime did you cry the most with? Is there a consensus on saddest anime here?

Actually I wanna change my answer to Ringing Bell, that was marketed towards children back in the 80's by some bastard VHS distributor. Those sick sons of bitches. :(

Certain episodes of Mushishi and Bartender get to me. Which one and how much depend on my mood at the time and what happening in my life.

Edit: And the ending to Speak like a Child from Cowboy Bebop destroys me every time.

cajunator

Banned
Hard to say with anime since I've seen less than I'd like to. I can't recall a series that I've seen that has gotten me more than somewhat misty eyed. Spirited Away and Wolf Children were close because of how moving they were to me.

Now film is another story all together. lol

Millennium Actress is a pretty sad story as well.

Silky

Banned
I didn't watch Log Horizon. I heard it was too competent to make fun of unlike SAO. Pity.

Log Horizon is anmazing

tumblr_mx7qn38Vmk1qgs2s7o1_500.gif

Surprising how Henrietta has bumped up on my favorite characters in the show. Really super smart woman. Cutie to boot.

Vito

Banned
Bluray coming (in Japan anyways) might want to wait for that. Hopefully it's not a terrible mess like Tokyo Godfather which looked bleah.

Diabolik Lovers Episode 11
tumblr_mx7ovpTIKj1req4eqo2_500.gif

Otome anime get really good whenever they start introducing fighting elements (see Hiiro no Kakera, Arcana Famiglia...). Subaru could have done better but well :(.
Pancake put up a good move and fight even and solidified her position for best fem of the year. Who else would partake of the ultimate sacrifice to make sure none of the Sakamaki's have to get hurt. It was totally mindblowing how things turned out though as she was so devoted and such that I would have thought something else would be pursued. In any event, hopefully Ayato can do something to save everyone involved or else the Awakening may happen and the dreadful Cordelia may get her way to ruin their lives again and again :(.

Hagi

You mean like bebop?

The presentation of the ending is better than the actual conclusion to the story, which I also found pretty unsatisfying.

Champloo's was much better.

I don't think of the ending that way at all. Everyone staying together,
Spike killing Vicious
and the crew continuing their many adventures in space is what i would call tying the end with a neat little bow. I'm not talking all plot threads being resolved and in that respect i'm probably using it wrong.

I did find Champloo a lot more satisfying but then it ended on a lighter note.

Syrinx

Never cried at any work of fiction. Kinda sucks. I'd like to one day. But if I didn't cry while finishing Haibane Renmei last night, I'm not sure I will.

I think the saddest anime moment I've watched would have to be
Euphemia's death scene
in Code Geass. I mean
you've got Suzaku by her side, her forgetting that she just murdered hundreds of innocent people against her will, and the scene constantly switches from Euphemia dying to the angry Japanese, only being further influenced by Lelouch's speech. I mean, dat chanting.
That has got to be one of the most beautifully executed scenes I've ever seen executed in anime. It hit all the right notes IMO.

Yeah. Code Geass had some very good scenes. It's a shame I can't recommend it to people unless they have been well introduced into fan-service. At least Gurren Lagann only has one character that represents fanservice. Code Geass also has the issue, imho, about the slice of life episodes. It detracts from what is a great political gundam show.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is pretty damn emotional.

Of all time, probably Grave of Fireflies.

Yeah I forgot crying in these as well. Especially the girl who lept through time, don't remember much about the film besides a love story that didn't happen.

Clannad AS and Anohana made me cry as well, but the latter I had to take slow in my viewing since the characters were so pathetic I couldn't marathon through it. I don't mean pathetic as in bad characters, more as in very sad human beings with many issues due to a friend's death. Plus dat melodrama.

I realize as I've gotten older that its become easier for me to cry while watching media. Whether its because of old age or just the necessary shedding of the need to be cool barrier one puts around themself during their teens, I have become more easily affected by the shows I watch.

I'm the opposite. Certain media has made me cry more during my teens and early 20s then now. It was never about a "cool barrier". I guess I just got used to the kinds of stories and plot developments that would make me teary-eyed.

Of course, sad dog stories will still always make me cry regardless of what age I am or will ever be.

Attack on Titan - Final Thoughts

Finally finished this off last night after taking a break for some other backlog stuff. In the end, I actually ended up liking it more than I thought I would. Definitely in spite of its flaws, pacing being one. Left me off feeling like I want to see how the story continues. Probably will give the manga a go now.

Attack on Titan - Final Thoughts

Finally finished this off last night after taking a break for some other backlog stuff. In the end, I actually ended up liking it more than I thought I would. Definitely in spite of its flaws, pacing being one. Left me off feeling like I want to see how the story continues. Probably will give the manga a go now.

Pacing issues? What pacing issues?

"you have 15 seconds to make a decision!"

*20 minutes later*

"time's up!"

CorvoSol

Pacing issues? What pacing issues?

"you have 15 seconds to make a decision!"

*20 minutes later*

"time's up!"

CAPTAIN LEVI WHAT IS THE PLAN?
CAPTAIN LEVI? WHAT IS THE PLAN, SIR?
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PLAN IS?
CAPTAIN LEVI WILL KNOW!

This goes on for an ENTIRE EPISODE.

Next Episode: "LOL there is no plan, guys."

CAPTAIN LEVI? WHAT IS THE PLAN, SIR?
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PLAN IS?
CAPTAIN LEVI WILL KNOW!

This goes on for an ENTIRE EPISODE.

hahahahahahahaha

I hope the abridged series addresses the pacing issues.

edit: speaking of attack on titan, why the fuck are the blu-rays still being separated in parts? highway robbery. Blu-ray can handle the whole season.

Neo C.

After watching Kuroko S2 episode 9, I really want to see the next episode as soon as possible. Kuroko looks so mad in the preview, even though he's got the poker face most of the time.

cnet128

Banned

There was a plan though, wasn't there? To
lure the Female Titan into their crazy rope-gun-trap thing so they could capture her and thus find out the identity of the traitor in their ranks
? I seem to recall they even explained the reason why nobody was informed of the plan - because
the people in charge couldn't risk telling anyone who might be the traitor or on the traitor's side, otherwise the whole plan would be ruined

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 9

So fucking good. I don't even know where to begin. Like, seriously, whoa.

CorvoSol

There was a plan though, wasn't there? To
lure the Female Titan into their crazy rope-gun-trap thing so they could capture her and thus find out the identity of the traitor in their ranks
? I seem to recall they even explained the reason why nobody was informed of the plan - because
the people in charge couldn't risk telling anyone who might be the traitor or on the traitor's side, otherwise the whole plan would be ruined

Right, but I was more referring to everyone begging Levi for something and he raises his gun all dramatic and then like, nothing. The payoff was not equal to the build up in any way.

Gonna get my ticket for Madoka Magica: Rebellion later tonight. Nearly forgot all about it and thankfully the theater I'm going to is having a 2nd showing cause the 1st one is sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom