• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Metal Panic! - 24 + Season Review

So that was Full Metal Panic. It's a pretty good show. While I don't think it comes too close to some of my favourite shows, I still enjoyed what I got out of it quite a bit.

Let me just get what I didn't like in this show out of the way. The Gonzo animation. Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of their style. Something about how they draw things just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know what it is, they're just not my favourite studio. That's honestly the only real gripe I have with this show.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I definetly think the high-school antics were my favourite part of the show, mostly because I think the idea of a military teenage soldier trying to pass off as a normal high-school kid allows for a lot of funny moments to happen in the show. And they do.

But despite that, I still think the best arc is the assasination team arc, if only for everything feeling more "real" there. Like, it's all no-nonsense and serious, and pulls off a really good change of tone to remind you that these people are still fighting harsh battles out there and life on the battlefield is harsh.

Though if I had to name my favourite character in the show, it would have to be Gauron. The guy just works great as a villain. Yeah, he's mostly a mustache-twirly kind of villain, but the way he acts in every scene he's in, I couldn't help but chuckle at the performance. The guy doesn't really have any sort of motives, he seems to just do whatever the hell he wants. The dude just loves destruction in general, and every time he spoke in the dub I could tell the VA was putting a ton of effort to make it sound like he was enjoying everything he was doing as much as possible.

Tessa was also a good character. She initally comes across as your typical worried for the hero, loves to smile, kind of young female character. But later on in the show and especially in the last arc you get to see what Corvo says is "The True Tessa". Which is pretty much her yandere mode. I really like how much of a villain she sounded like when tables turned in favour of the protagonists. You could really feel all that pent-up anger she had inside her in that moment after how Gauron treated her and the crew. And from the way she acted throughout the series, that was a side I really didn't think she had in her.

And speaking of this last arc, I think it was pretty good for a finale. Mostly in terms of how huge a role Chidori plays in it. I mean damn, she pretty much became GLADoS to save Sousuke and everyone. Sousuke and Chidori then go fishing, and all is well.

So yeah, all in all, I enjoyed this show, and I think I made a decent watchbet. But it's not over yet! I still got Fumofuu! and The Second Raid! to get on with. Those shows are done by KyoAni, so needless to say, I'm both curious and excited to see how the show looks in their style.

I'm gonna miss that OP though, that song really grew on me as this show went on.

MUKAE NI YOUKOUUUU

*salutes*

Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion

CGC7Z1E.jpg
wH0WwLV.jpg
NuLLU81.jpg
4J93DFM.jpg

This is going to be awful. Where do I even begin.

I think the last series I enjoyed this much was probably Kaiji or Gundam Build Fighters, which wasn't too long ago I guess. But unlike those two shows, I feel like Geass is special. Special in the way that it's the perfect kind of stupid. The stupid where it makes me shake my head or laugh but also kind of makes sense, in a stupid crazy Sunrise way. After watching the big bro, I can see why Valvrave or Cross Ange are considered lesser. It seems to me to be like the Evangelion clones, where they take bits of pieces in trying to replicate it, but they never can. It's not possible.

Going into Geass (Beyond what I originally watched only the first 10 episodes sometime in 2008 around when R2 was starting) I knew only some of the base things about the series - Pizza Hut, Emperor Wakamoto, Spinzaku. But as I went along, I found myself saying "Oh, that's where that's from" a lot. Like I somehow never made the connection about the Euphynator PARTY HARD .gif or that picture of Suzaku holding Lelouch holding Shirley making a 20 foot long people chain, or Suzaku's fish he will now proceed to pleasure himself with. This is by far in my favor, as all the stupid bullshit presented to my face was raw.

Now I say stupid bullshit, but it's not bad stupid bullshit. It's the kind of stupid bullshit that people (i.e.) me want to see. The kind of stupid bullshit you get in an episode were everyone wears giant heart hats on their head and Not-Lelouch performs amazing gymnastics to avoid girls who want him to be their boyfriend. Now of course others (read:most) people will think it's just the regular 'ol stupid bullshit, but understand I'm coming from a place where there was a series I loved but didn't know it for 8 years.

Of course there's a lot of things I thought were really neat. Lelouch having a girl mark a wall every day to see how long Geass could last, Mao going insane because his Geass developed too well so he became obsessed with C.C. who he could not read, and later the same thing happening to Lelouch at the best possible timing, just small details like that really made me more into it.

dc42JpA.jpg
EHEE842.jpg
yuKQCXy.jpg
p2f4Fgt.jpg

I collected quite a few pictures for my Silly Lelouch Face folder.

I actually feel like Lelouch is one of the better protagonists I've seen, and that the cast of Geass is pretty good. Except for Nina. And Rolo. And Ohgi. And Suzaku half of the time. And it's a pretty big cast, even people who weren't that important or weren't the focus like Tohdoh, Rakshata or Milly I liked. There's at least some complexity to most characters.

Another of the things I knew about the show beforehand was how R2 was apparently the worst thing ever and where the show jumped the shark. But that's bullshit, because it jumped the shark way before that. Twice even, once when Mao kidnaps Nunnally and twice when the Euhpanator rises. R2 is definitely more ridiculous, even from the very first scene of the first episode, but I don't think there was a moment where I thought "Yep, this is it. The shark has officially been jumped." There were times when I thought it was getting a little contrived (how many people knew Zero was Lelouch by the time it didn't matter anymore? Like, 9?) or the increasing silliness of Geass powers like Rolo's and that one experiment kid who could force people into doing things (isn't that just Lelouch's but worse since they know what's happening), and by the last arc I was confused who was on who's side and why (Suzaku, Kallen, especially Nina) but I never thought it was out of the ordinary or marked a decline in quality.

I think I'm rambling now so I'll just list my favorite parts of the series -
  • Emperor Wakamoto
  • Lloyd's entire character
  • C.C.
  • Pizza Hut
  • ALL HAIL BRITANNIA
  • The OST
  • "Elevens"
  • Tamaki thinking he and Zero are besties
  • Lelouch being Chuuni as fuck at every opportunity
  • Cornelia
  • The ending of R1
  • The troll ending of R2

TL;DR Geass is dumb, but the kind of dumb I can appreciate, and I liked it a lot. I don't know if this says more about me or about the series. My only regret is not being able to watch it while it aired.
Also fuck Nina, and LELOUCH WAS RIGHT

Prototype

Is this the thread I can ask for Anime recommendations and post a history of what I've seen/liked?

Looking for some new stuff. Been getting back into Anime lately.

Prototype

Go right ahead duuuuuuuuuude.
OK.

It all started years ago I was like 6 years old and one morning Sci Fi channel is playing this "cartoon" Vampire Hunter D, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before and made american cartoons seem so lame and boring. So Vampire Hunter D was my first, and over the years i watched tons of stuff. Last few years I dont watch as much (some) but lately Ive been getting back into it, last night started watching Kill la Kill and have been blown away by. It's amazing. It's funny. It's stupid in all the right ways. I plan on finishing that within the next few days. But after I don't know what I should see.

Some anime Ive seen/liked:
Vampire Hunter D (and Bloodlust)
Berserk (i really love the manga)
Claymore
Deathnote
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Gurren Lagen
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Mushishi
Knights of Sidonia (watched this very recently and loved it)
Fist of the North Star
Voices of a Distant Star
Queen Emeraldas
Ghost in the Shell

Of course there are more, but that's it off the top of my head.
someone in the Kill la Kill OT said to check out Magical Witch Academia, so i'll be looking into that .
I like both serious and silly anime as long as it's good. I loved Deathnote and Code Geass for the mind twisting stories but haven't really found anything like either of them. I tend to stay away from Dating anime, or anime that just focused on high school love and stuff like that. I prefer there to be action, but things like Mushishi is great even without a ton of action because it's both beautiful and interesting. Neon Genesis was the same for me back in the day But I've seen the series thru like 6 times. Claymore I loved because of the fantasy setting, the look and the name. Loved how the characters are different with their fighting style. Im not a huge mech fan by any means but Knights of Sidonia and Neon Genesis both were a hapy medium between story and cool tech. Knights of Sidona story is really cool, love sci fi stuff like photosynthesizing for food and the giant ship/planet thing. queen emeraldas was a cooler (imo) take on Captain Harlock. and the animation was a better quality. love a strong female lead and the super badass tech. Stuff like Ghost in the Shell is great but Im not a huge cyber punk guy. The new "arise" series I watched on Netflix and it wasnt bad but didn't do much for me either.

ANyway, I hope the wall of text didnt kill anyone, and that it gives you an idea of anime that I'd like.

edit:
grew up watching Dragon Ball and Z as well, but can't really get back into it that much anymore, never saw GT expect a few episodes.

edit2.
the girl who leapt through time -- i really liked this. not a lot of action but a great story. I love concepts like time travel so thats a huge plus.

also, my GF was watching spice and wolf a while back , and I kind of got into it. Not so much the romance part but the business part, the way he handles his business dealings and explains things, and sets up market conditions, ect was really cool and fun to watch. never thought a anime about a trader would be interesting but I was proven wrong.

With Fall season winding down, I implore everyone check out Princess Kaguya before list season starts up.

If you don't then I'll have to give you a paddlin'.

Voted for Bismarck as she looked the most fitting.

cajunator

Banned

So that was Full Metal Panic. It's a pretty good show. While I don't think it comes too close to some of my favourite shows, I still enjoyed what I got out of it quite a bit.

Let me just get what I didn't like in this show out of the way. The Gonzo animation. Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of their style. Something about how they draw things just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know what it is, they're just not my favourite studio. That's honestly the only real gripe I have with this show.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I definetly think the high-school antics were my favourite part of the show, mostly because I think the idea of a military teenage soldier trying to pass off as a normal high-school kid allows for a lot of funny moments to happen in the show. And they do.

But despite that, I still think the best arc is the assasination team arc, if only for everything feeling more "real" there. Like, it's all no-nonsense and serious, and pulls off a really good change of tone to remind you that these people are still fighting harsh battles out there and life on the battlefield is harsh.

Though if I had to name my favourite character in the show, it would have to be Gauron. The guy just works great as a villain. Yeah, he's mostly a mustache-twirly kind of villain, but the way he acts in every scene he's in, I couldn't help but chuckle at the performance. The guy doesn't really have any sort of motives, he seems to just do whatever the hell he wants. The dude just loves destruction in general, and every time he spoke in the dub I could tell the VA was putting a ton of effort to make it sound like he was enjoying everything he was doing as much as possible.

Tessa was also a good character. She initally comes across as your typical worried for the hero, loves to smile, kind of young female character. But later on in the show and especially in the last arc you get to see what Corvo says is "The True Tessa". Which is pretty much her yandere mode. I really like how much of a villain she sounded like when tables turned in favour of the protagonists. You could really feel all that pent-up anger she had inside her in that moment after how Gauron treated her and the crew. And from the way she acted throughout the series, that was a side I really didn't think she had in her.

And speaking of this last arc, I think it was pretty good for a finale. Mostly in terms of how huge a role Chidori plays in it. I mean damn, she pretty much became GLADoS to save Sousuke and everyone. Sousuke and Chidori then go fishing, and all is well.

So yeah, all in all, I enjoyed this show, and I think I made a decent watchbet. But it's not over yet! I still got Fumofuu! and The Second Raid! to get on with. Those shows are done by KyoAni, so needless to say, I'm both curious and excited to see how the show looks in their style.

I'm gonna miss that OP though, that song really grew on me as this show went on.

MUKAE NI YOUKOUUUU

*salutes*

Tessa is multifaceted and REALLY badass in my opinion. I loved her character so much! She seemd fragile but was actually a very capable leader. but not so perfect to get it right every time. Reality isnt perfect either. But Tessa does the absolute best of her ability and often succeeds.
I love the balance of school and military life in the show, how it alternates from light to dark and the story is really captivating for a mech series and really keeps you hooked.
Now you have to watch Fumoffu!

Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion

This is going to be awful. Where do I even begin.

I think the last series I enjoyed this much was probably Kaiji or Gundam Build Fighters, which wasn't too long ago I guess. But unlike those two shows, I feel like Geass is special. Special in the way that it's the perfect kind of stupid. The stupid where it makes me shake my head or laugh but also kind of makes sense, in a stupid crazy Sunrise way. After watching the big bro, I can see why Valvrave or Cross Ange are considered lesser. It seems to me to be like the Evangelion clones, where they take bits of pieces in trying to replicate it, but they never can. It's not possible.

Going into Geass (Beyond what I originally watched only the first 10 episodes sometime in 2008 around when R2 was starting) I knew only some of the base things about the series - Pizza Hut, Emperor Wakamoto, Spinzaku. But as I went along, I found myself saying "Oh, that's where that's from" a lot. Like I somehow never made the connection about the Euphynator PARTY HARD .gif or that picture of Suzaku holding Lelouch holding Shirley making a 20 foot long people chain, or Suzaku's fish he will now proceed to pleasure himself with. This is by far in my favor, as all the stupid bullshit presented to my face was raw.

Now I say stupid bullshit, but it's not bad stupid bullshit. It's the kind of stupid bullshit that people (i.e.) me want to see. The kind of stupid bullshit you get in an episode were everyone wears giant heart hats on their head and Not-Lelouch performs amazing gymnastics to avoid girls who want him to be their boyfriend. Now of course others (read:most) people will think it's just the regular 'ol stupid bullshit, but understand I'm coming from a place where there was a series I loved but didn't know it for 8 years.

Of course there's a lot of things I thought were really neat. Lelouch having a girl mark a wall every day to see how long Geass could last, Mao going insane because his Geass developed too well so he became obsessed with C.C. who he could not read, and later the same thing happening to Lelouch at the best possible timing, just small details like that really made me more into it.

I actually feel like Lelouch is one of the better protagonists I've seen, and that the cast of Geass is pretty good. Except for Nina. And Rolo. And Ohgi. And Suzaku half of the time. And it's a pretty big cast, even people who weren't that important or weren't the focus like Tohdoh, Rakshata or Milly I liked. There's at least some complexity to most characters.

Another of the things I knew about the show beforehand was how R2 was apparently the worst thing ever and where the show jumped the shark. But that's bullshit, because it jumped the shark way before that. Twice even, once when Mao kidnaps Nunnally and twice when the Euhpanator rises. R2 is definitely more ridiculous, even from the very first scene of the first episode, but I don't think there was a moment where I thought "Yep, this is it. The shark has officially been jumped." There were times when I thought it was getting a little contrived (how many people knew Zero was Lelouch by the time it didn't matter anymore? Like, 9?) or the increasing silliness of Geass powers like Rolo's and that one experiment kid who could force people into doing things (isn't that just Lelouch's but worse since they know what's happening) but I never thought it was out of the ordinary or marked a decline in quality.

I think I'm rambling now so I'll just list my favorite parts of the series -
  • Emperor Wakamoto
  • Lloyd's entire character
  • C.C.
  • Pizza Hut
  • ALL HAIL BRITANNIA
  • The OST
  • "Elevens"
  • Tamaki thinking he and Zero are besties
  • Lelouch being Chuuni as fuck at every opportunity
  • Cornelia
  • The ending of R1
  • The troll ending of R2

TL;DR Geass is dumb, but the kind of dumb I can appreciate, and I liked it a lot. I don't know if this says more about me or about the series. My only regret is not being able to watch it while it aired.
Also fuck Nina, and LELOUCH WAS RIGHT

All I have to say, is now you understand what a show should be like to enter THE LIST.
Code Geass is why the list was made.

MUKAE NI YOUKOUUUU

*salutes*

It only gets better from here! Enjoy Fumofu and The Second Raid!

Prototype

ok, updated post #108.

edit:

I liked Wolfs Rain as well. Very enjoyable cast of characters, and got just weird enough at the end to make me think a little.

edit2.
seen and liked Attack on Titan.
as well as Coyboy Bebop, although i didn't go as crazy for Bebop as some people.

Cross Ange 2-10

Screw all of you for convincing me to watch this shit. MC is the only good thing about it, and even she is starting to realize how stupid everything around her is.

I'd drop it for good, but Hilda has the potential to be interesting, however Tusk has the potential to ruin what little good the show has.

cajunator

Banned
Cross Ange 2-10

Screw all of you for convincing me to watch this shit. MC is the only good thing about it, and even she is starting to realize how stupid everything around her is.

I'd drop it for good, but Hilda has the potential to be interesting, however Tusk has the potential to ruin what little good the show has.

How exactly were you convinced to watch Cross ange?

Also, I apologize if you were indeed coerced.

Dead

well not really...yet
Code Geass is basically "terrible people doing terrible things to each other and everyone else" the show, and god forbid there is a character with a sense of good in them, they will surely be dragged into the mud at some point.

Entertaining, but leaves a bad taste in the aftermath

OK.

Claymore
Deathnote
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Gurren Lagen
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Mushishi
Fist of the North Star
Voices of a Distant Star
Queen Emeraldas
Ghost in the Shell
From all this I can gather you'd probably like (plus other misc. recommendations):
Aria
Kino's Journey
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Haibane Renmei
Wolf Children
Eureka Seven
Girls Und Panzer
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Steins;Gate
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (2012 and beyond)
The Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined
Fate/Zero

JCG

All I have to say, is now you understand what a show should be like to enter THE LIST.
Code Geass is why the list was made.

Exact sentiments vary from person to person, but I'd say there's a big difference in how Code Geass uniquely manages to sit squarely at the borderline of the list, with one foot remaining inside and the other going outside.

The overwhelming majority of titles on the list do have amusing craziness or dumbness, indeed, but almost always without any of the other genuinely interesting or actually well-done aspects that many people tend to like about Code Geass in addition to the previously described. Not everyone sees it that way, to say the least, but enough have done so, in order to make that a point we should consider here. For example, if I wanted to find something else with that sort of combination on the list, it'd be surprisingly difficult. The closest alternatives are things that aren't included.

Sure, there are folks who will only speak of it in terms of the above. But, deep down, I'd think even you know that's not the whole story. Otherwise, we probably would never see people who freely recommend the series without having to do the whole song and dance. Nor would anyone call Lelouch a good protagonist, so I guess that's something to think about.

Code Geass is basically "terrible people doing terrible things to each other and everyone else" the show, and god forbid there is a character with a sense of good in them, they will surely be dragged into the mud at some point.

Entertaining, but leaves a bad taste in the aftermath

Can't say I personally agree with that, but I understand the series polarizes people that way. Code Geass sure has a number of characters who are capable of doing extremely terrible things, but even then, neither Suzaku nor Lelouch can be simply described as "terrible" without also ignoring they go through a whole bunch of emotions, both sympathetic and annoying, depending on the situations they face or participate in. I'd never want either of them as friends though, they're just interesting as main characters.

That's part of why I didn't feel disappointed or frustrated by the conclusion. It works for them. In fact, I wish more series had an ending like that, even with the "GOTCHA!" aspect.

Prototype

From all this I can gather you'd probably like (plus other misc. recommendations):
Aria
Kino's Journey
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Haibane Renmei
Wolf Children
Eureka Seven
Girls Und Panzer
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Steins;Gate
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (2012 and beyond)
The Tatami Galaxy
Humanity Has Declined
Fate/Zero

I've hear of Space Battleship Yamato and it did look like my kind of thing. Wolf Children I keep seeing at Best Buy and always am strangely drawn to it, tho I've never read the back of the box, just looked at it.
Steins;Gate I haven't heard of, but I like the name.
Humanity has Declined I saw on Crunchy Roll, but skipped past it.

I will give all these a second look in the coming weeks. Thanks for the response.

And i agree with others in this thread, nothing quite like Code Geass. Its funny actually, I ran into Code Geass after watching Deathnote and going thru withdrawls from the awesome in that show, wasn't until I watched Geass (after turning down a number of other shows) that I got those same feels again.

cajunator

Banned
OK.

It all started years ago I was like 6 years old and one morning Sci Fi channel is playing this "cartoon" Vampire Hunter D, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before and made american cartoons seem so lame and boring. So Vampire Hunter D was my first, and over the years i watched tons of stuff. Last few years I dont watch as much (some) but lately Ive been getting back into it, last night started watching Kill la Kill and have been blown away by. It's amazing. It's funny. It's stupid in all the right ways. I plan on finishing that within the next few days. But after I don't know what I should see.

Claymore
Deathnote
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Gurren Lagen
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Mushishi
Fist of the North Star
Voices of a Distant Star
Queen Emeraldas
Ghost in the Shell

Of course there are more, but that's it off the top of my head.
someone in the Kill la Kill OT said to check out Magical Witch Academia, so i'll be looking into that .
I like both serious and silly anime as long as it's good. I loved Deathnote and Code Geass for the mind twisting stories but haven't really found anything like either of them. I tend to stay away from Dating anime, or anime that just focused on high school love and stuff like that. I prefer there to be action, but things like Mushishi is great even without a ton of action because it's both beautiful and interesting. Neon Genesis was the same for me back in the day But I've seen the series thru like 6 times. Claymore I loved because of the fantasy setting, the look and the name. Loved how the characters are different with their fighting style. Im not a huge mech fan by any means but Knights of Sidonia and Neon Genesis both were a hapy medium between story and cool tech. Knights of Sidona story is really cool, love sci fi stuff like photosynthesizing for food and the giant ship/planet thing. queen emeraldas was a cooler (imo) take on Captain Harlock. and the animation was a better quality. love a strong female lead and the super badass tech. Stuff like Ghost in the Shell is great but Im not a huge cyber punk guy. The new "arise" series I watched on Netflix and it wasnt bad but didn't do much for me either.

ANyway, I hope the wall of text didnt kill anyone, and that it gives you an idea of anime that I'd like.

edit:
grew up watching Dragon Ball and Z as well, but can't really get back into it that much anymore, never saw GT expect a few episodes.

edit2.
the girl who leapt through time -- i really liked this. not a lot of action but a great story. I love concepts like time travel so thats a huge plus.

also, my GF was watching spice and wolf a while back , and I kind of got into it. Not so much the romance part but the business part, the way he handles his business dealings and explains things, and sets up market conditions, ect was really cool and fun to watch. never thought a anime about a trader would be interesting but I was proven wrong.

Steins Gate
From the New world
Jinrui

also everything ZachDekoromaru suggests because his tastes are impeccable.

faridmon

Shirabako 09

How on earth can someone work with that Director? I mean, he is the director of the whole show, yet, he can't remember his plot synopsis, why he started the show nor what the characters meant to him and to the company? How is he getting paid by being super bad at his job on fundamental level.

On top of that, they want to animate a successful Manga series?

I really hope this series doesn't represent how Anime companies work because that would be embarrassing

cajunator

Banned
Shirabako 09

How on earth can someone work with that Director? I mean, he is the director of the whole show, yet, he can't remember his plot synopsis, why he started the show nor what the characters meant to him and to the company? How is he getting paid by being super bad at his job on fundamental level.

On top of that, they want to animate a successful Manga series?

I really hope this series doesn't represent how Anime companies work because that would be embarrassing

I know people at work getting paid much more than that and being even worse at their job.

Jarmel

Banned
Idolmaster-7

Well this episode was depressing as fuck. That poverty level.

This episode really fleshed out Yayoi in a meaningful way. Too bad Yayoi's songs are shit.

Quick question for you AnimeGAF, is H20: Footprints in the sand a decent show? I searched and nobody here has seemed to have said anything about it before. I guess that should be my first clue on the matter yeah, but I want to know what some people here think, is all.

Tessa is multifaceted and REALLY badass in my opinion. I loved her character so much! She seemd fragile but was actually a very capable leader. but not so perfect to get it right every time. Reality isnt perfect either. But Tessa does the absolute best of her ability and often succeeds.
I love the balance of school and military life in the show, how it alternates from light to dark and the story is really captivating for a mech series and really keeps you hooked.
Now you have to watch Fumoffu!

Oh I will don't worry. It was part of our watchbet. :p

Claymore
Deathnote
Code Geass
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL
Gurren Lagen
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Mushishi
Fist of the North Star
Voices of a Distant Star
Queen Emeraldas
Ghost in the Shell

Seeing as nobody else recommended it, Madoka Magica.

It only gets better from here! Enjoy Fumofu and The Second Raid!

I sure hope I like it! I'm really interested in seeing how KyoAni does mecha animation.

Clov

Quick question for you AnimeGAF, is H20: Footprints in the sand a decent show? I searched and nobody here has seemed to have said anything about it before. I guess that should be my first clue on the matter yeah, but I want to know what some people here think, is all.

I watched that show years ago. I only remember bits and pieces of it; one is that the first few episodes made me really mad. Second was that the ending was strange. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the right show.

I watched that show years ago. I only remember bits and pieces of it; one is that the first few episodes made me really mad. Second was that the ending was strange. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the right show.

Figured that'd be the result. I saw the show's premise and thought: "Huh, looks like yet another drama VN adaptation" but when I searched and found nothing (well almost nothing, one guy in the K-ON! thread said it was good) I got curious. Oh well.

Clov

Figured that'd be the result. I saw the show's premise and thought: "Huh, looks like yet another drama VN adaptation" but when I searched and found nothing (well almost nothing, one guy in the K-ON! thread said it was good) I got curious. Oh well.

Looking it up on Wikipedia, I'm definitely thinking of the right show.

I remember liking the eighth episode, if that counts for anything.

Is that the show with the blind MC? I remember watching the first few episodes and it being really terrible.

Sakura

It's not terrible, but it isn't really that good either. If you just want to watch some cheap drama then go for it I guess. It is based on a VN, but if I remember correctly it is quite different from the VN.

TUSR

Banned

skip it, better things to spend your time on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom