• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
They tried to cover too much in too little time, but I'd say it's more disappointing than bad.

Still might be worth a watch if you like the first couple of episodes, the characters or subject matter. Just don't expect closure.

Its worth watching but yeah kind of a disappointment. HoweveR I NEVER expect anime to have good closure. It almost always disappoints.

Twintail is AOTY, there are no contest.

I want to be an Eremerian.

I was joking before but I think its the show I overall enjoyed the most this year for what its worth. Chaika S1 was really fun though.

Mamoru Hosoda's new film: Bakemono no Ko (The Boy and the Beast)

B4jmLc8CUAEMPdm.jpg

Vito

Banned
The poster looks great! Any release date?

Yes, says on the poster, July 11th, French Gaumont already picked up distribution outside of Asia.

Please learn to step up your game to get bigger key visuals. From what I can tell it deals with family again. Boy that crosses to the animal world becomes a disciple of the grumpy swordsman bear, yay adventures.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah links are what I had in mind so people could listen to them. Kudos.
I would add Hanayamta's since I loved the catchiness and cuteness of it so much but its not on youtube.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I was joking before but I think its the show I overall enjoyed the most this year for what its worth. Chaika S1 was really fun though.

I started watching twintail as a joke also, but now I can't stop. I actually want to know what will happen next.

That sounds like a common experience. I also tried to watch this during the original broadcast and found the cast very entertaining but the world setting too impenetrable, even with the exposition, for me to keep up without losing track of things. I'm sure it could be easier with a Wiki or during a rewatch.

For sure. The future doing a historical recreation of the past, combining the histories of Warring States and the Thirty Years' War with countries dual-representing a European nation and a Feudal Japan clan, all taking place in an overgrown Japan that's been merged with an alternate dimension Japan, with all political and military affairs handled by the students of each respective nation.

And all that is mentioned in about 2 minutes in episode 1. That it all ended up pretty good was a pleasant surprise.

so what are you guys favorite anime OP/EDs this year?

Both Symphogear OPs.

Nozaki-kun on runner up.

I haven't really been paying attention to any ED's that I've seen so far.

Woah when did the animation for Twintails get so bad?
Blue isn't even wearing anything to cover herself

And then there was the protagonists legs earlier on.

I think one or more of the episodes were outsourced. But that probably isn't the reason. More likely due to budgetary and deadline restrictions if I had to guess.

It's a shame because there are some nice cuts in the earlier episodes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
144. That's like my lowest in ages.

Been pretty lax on the anime front. Not even been in the IRC for ages :|

But at least we got Akane fanservice woohoo!

cajunator

Banned
144. That's like my lowest in ages.

Been pretty lax on the anime front. Not even been in the IRC for ages :|

But at least we got Akane fanservice woohoo!

I got less than 900 posts too! Maybe Im finally weaning myself away from this thread?

hahaha no

Chaika - The Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle 10 END

What was up with the hurried pacing for the last 2 episodes? The ending was really quite unsatisfying. Does anyone know if this deviated from the light novel, because from what I can tell Light Novel 11 doesn't come out until next year. The final fight was so anti-climactic and also a bit dumb. Disappointed because I enjoyed season 1 so much -- and quite a bit of season 2 as well.

Edit: Found out there will be an OVA coming in March 2015. Hopefully the OVA will wrap things up properly. Even so the pacing for these last 2 eps was way too rushed,

cajunator

Banned
Chaika - The Coffin Princess: Avenging Battle 10 END

What was up with the hurried pacing for the last 2 episodes? The ending was really quite unsatisfying. Does anyone know if this deviated from the light novel, because from what I can tell Light Novel 11 doesn't come out until next year. The final fight was so anti-climactic and also a bit dumb. Disappointed because I enjoyed season 1 so much -- and quite a bit of season 2 as well.

the hurried pacing is probably because they have hardly any time this season to establish the story and resolve it. 10 episodes is a joke.

the hurried pacing is probably because they have hardly any time this season to establish the story and resolve it. 10 episodes is a joke.

At the same time, it felt like little of importance happened until the very last 2 episodes. I mean, what was there? The stuff on the island and...yeh that is it beside the Gaz rebirth. The entire tourney before this final confrontation felt entirely pointless really and worst of all, we got just about no interesting character development. The groups surrounding Chaika Chaika, Red Chaika and Half Chaika/Vivii just kept doing the same damn thing, which is searching for the remains, not knowing whether to be friend or foe to one another and having the occasional pointless fight. It's not like the overall narrative threaded them together nicely in the end either. They were just there and fought together because...well because they were all in the same location and were good people fighting the bad ones.

It's not like they were so short of time that they couldn't cramp everything important into 10 episodes. It's rather that for some reason (botched production?) the show slowly meandered around until the very last 1-2 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom