• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 13

Bwahaha! Back at the hospital where Kirito is logged in, Yui wants to hold Kirito's hand, so Asuna places an iPad under his hand, lol.

ZwORoqj.png

Anyways, Kirito figures out Death Gun's name, and with some help from Sinon defeats Death Gun with a slice so strong it causes a huge explosion. Only Kirito can cause a huge explosion with a sword.

I hope he cops that Estoc. That some high-level loot right there. With Death Gun dead, Sinon shares her real life address with Kirito so he can drop by for some casual sex and commits player suicide with Kirito to end the BoB tournament. So they both win the BoB tournament.

Logging out, Kirito notices that the unaccounted for player had disconnected. Probably killed by Death Gun. Sinon logs out, too, and finds no creep waiting for her. Or perhaps I spoke too soon. Shinkawa/Spiegel pays her a congratulatory visit and makes things super awkward.

Dude, should visit Dating Age [OT]. Of course, Sinon being one of his waifus, Kirito was having none of this creep's bull.

wonzo

Banned
would rather the aoty thread was a top 20 this year than short series & movies being shifted off into their own categories

Akatsuki no yona - 11

The blanter between the members of the party is the best thing that could have happenned to this franchise.

So entertaining.

Nafe

I could only technically vote for Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky as my GOTY as all the other games I played din't release this year. Even then I played the PSP version of Trials in the Sky. Haven't completed it yet either...

---

would rather the aoty thread was a top 20 this year than short series & movies being shifted off into their own categories

Movies and shorts were only top 5 last year. Maybe increase that to a top 10 list as well?

Suddenly interested in MH.

Me too,haha.
There was some kind of tease for Vergil appearing in the re-release of Devil May Cry 4 as well.

Narag

I
Me too,haha.
There was some kind of tease for Vergil appearing in the re-release of Devil May Cry 4 as well.

My twitter reaction to that was:

See announcement: "lol they're rereleasing DMC4."
See Vergil teaser: "omg i take the lol back."

Yona of the Dawn 11

Anime team goofed and included the blue dragon in the OP an episode early :X

The episode mostly focused on Ki-Ja trying to find his place in the group and learning more about the other characters. The ending teased what is inevitably going to turn into reverse harem antics which has me :| but it's to be expected in a series about a warrior princess and her 5 guardians.

Inoubattle - 11

hatoko , you did try your best and your efforts were commendable BUT...

You're only a great girl, you're not the "best girl"

The best girl spot has been taken.

TUSR

Banned
Thank you based KyoAni.

All these Amagi/Sento Christmas goodies are wonderful.

I cropped one of those and made an avatar, heres the original.

You're posting of this made me check out what the price of it was $33 on rightstuf for that box set you bought, will have to pick it up Thursday when I get paid as Steins Gate was amazing

Such a good price, I bought both my copies at $32.99

Inoubattle - 11

Hatoko isn't best girl for Andou, but she is for me :')

Trinity Seven - 11

The most "intresting" treasure collector has appeared and , as expected they did a relative good job to her presence , given what her role is ... and i'm glad that this episode was consistent and quite good, considering the tioght rope , our characters were walking on.
Trinity%20Seven%20-%2011.jpg

Pff , nothing trinity seven can't handle by themselves.
Not an impressive episode , but a good trinity seven episode..that's something i can be happy about.

Man , they really are dropping the hints about hijiri situation , lol.. if anyone in the audience hasn't figured it out, then they really weren,'t paying attention.

edit: ^ lolol

Nagi no Asukara - 01

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those moe shows trying too damn hard to appeal to your feelings but let's see.

So far we got a somewhat generic, brash MC, a bunch of love triangles already and a partial school setting but also a fantasy world that may prove to be interesting, nice visuals and a fish-on-the-knee curse which is just about the best way to torture a middle school pupil. Also the nice surface-guy sure is one smooth talker. Manaka really is in heat alright.

I miss Nagiasu (and Hii Kun ) so much. That Ray love, ebb and flow, and lull ~ soshite bokura wa~

Quasar

Trinity Seven - 11

The most "intresting" treasure collector has appeared and , as expected they did a relative good job to her presence , given what her role is ... and i'm glad that this episode was consistent and quit

I was disappointed they didn't show the magic used to get back and save the day.

Quasar

Inoubattle - 11

Thats crazy talk.

Then again I consider Tomoyo worst girl (at least of the high schoolers). Of course sadly Sayumi is given even less of of a chance, even without the handicaps of 'childhood friend'.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 14

Super obsessed friend is stopped, Kirito gets his chest groped, and Death Gun and his allies get arrested. Sinon gets over her trauma and officially gets inducted into Kirito's harem, though these two don't look pleased.

And wtf? Kirito doesn't introduce his bartender friend (can't remember his name)? lol Thought they were good friends in SAO.

Anyways, this was a good end to this arc, and a nice wrap to Sinon's past. I guess she can finally put all that stuff behind her. Sorry, I wanted to squeeze one last ass joke in.

Ventara

Speaking of anime not released in NA, what happened to Space Brothers? I know Sentai licensed it, so what's the delay? Are they waiting for the anime to completely finish? Seriously, this is my favourite anime ever and I'd buy it in a heartbeat despite being the type to just stream my anime.

Oh, and Nichijou. I don't suppose there's been any news of anyone thinking of licensing that?

I was disappointed they didn't show the magic used to get back and save the day.

Same as the one they used to get there , as trinity seven the 4 did the amount of douzen of skilled mages worth of repair and used the gate normally . They didn't land on the right spot because the school was in a mess and higiri magic was messing things up.

in short , you haven't missed much.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If I could take just a moment to remind everyone exactly what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS is:

FdUGIM7l.jpg

If there was ever a WIXOSS.jpg, it would be this.

I honestly don't know what I expected in terms of coherent resolution going into the S1 finale--the endless deception, the fact that decisions made by the characters are the product of rash hyper-emotional impulse, and the mysticism creep all basically ensured that this mid-series climax would be in keeping with the rest of the season. And sure enough, WIXOSS S1, having lived by the beamspam, thus died by the beamspam.

Ruko decides to defeat Hitoe after Hitoe reveals that her memories of her friendship with Ruko and Yuzuki have returned thanks to TOMODACHI NO CHIKARA and that she's fine not becoming an Eternal Girl in the current tournament because Ruko becoming an Eternal Girl and wishing for the freedom of all LRIGs will end the cycle of wixoss bullshit anyway.

Ruko advances to the final duel with Iona, who has dramatically situated herself on the top of the skyscraper because she still thinks she's Seto Kaiba. The battle between the TWO STRONGEST WIXOSS PLAYERS begins, which, like every other duel in the show, is completely devoid of tension because the entire thing is visualized through clashing energy beams and the LRIGs trading blows.

Suddenly, Tama has a whiteout moment and suddenly enters some kind of astral commune with the goddess of WIXOSS in the WIXOSS REALM. The WIXOSS goddess, apparently feeling threatened by the fact that Ruko's wish is on the verge of being granted, decides to fuck with Tama's head in order to prevent Tama from fulfilling the Eternal Girl contract with Ruko. Her logic is impeccable--"My poor Tama, look how bruised and injured you are from battling in this game THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR PERPETUATING BECAUSE I USE MY SUPERNATURAL POWERS TO TORMENT TEENAGE GIRLS WHO ENJOY TRADING CARD GAMES. Cleaaaaarly, Ruko must hate you to abuse you like this."

Tama rightfully calls bullshit and returns to the battle, where immediately upon her return the already-nebulous rules regarding WIXOSS battle and the number of duels required to become an Eternal Girl are completely thrown out the window and Ruko suddenly earns the right to become an Eternal Girl without even winning the battle. Tama and Ruko recite some dumb pledge with each other, but at the last moment, right when something good is actually honest to god going to happen in the show, the OKADA HAMMER comes down: Tama, tearfully, tells Ruko that she CAN'T LET HER BECOME AN ETERNAL GIRL. In her broken moespeak, she squeals "I'LL BE LONELY. ME NO WANT BE LONELY IF RUKO IS TRAPPED IN CARD." In spite of the fact that Ruko has already reaffirmed her resolve a bazillion times and that Tama just said she was OKAY WITH IT to the WIXOSS GODDESS HERSELF in the VERY PREVIOUS SCENE, Tama smashes B on her Game Boy as Ruko is evolving and her chance to become an Eternal Girl passes.

Iona decides that now it's her turn to say "fuck it, let's do this Eternal Girl thing" and she proceeds to take the pledge with her own LRIG. This causes Iona to receive a massive mid-battle powerup and she immediately defeats Ruko. Ruko, of course, is shocked and devastated--in the aftermath, she immediately looks for Tama but finds that Tama is now mysteriously absent from her card. In her place? Why, none other than Iona, now herself an LRIG and trapped in a card.

So come Season 2, Ruko is now stuck dueling with a psycho ultrabitch who may or may not have intentions of overthrowing the WIXOSS goddess or otherwise manipulating the rules of the Eternal Girl game to her own benefit and, therefore, absolutely, positively has no intention of ever allowing Ruko to fulfill her own wish of abolishing the system entirely. WON'T THAT BE INTERESTING. (actually it probably will)

In sum, remember that WIXOSS is in no way, shape, or form derived from Madoka Magica; it is a triumph of imagination that sprang into existence entirely free of resemblance to any other recent popular work of fiction. Especially not the entire climactic duel, which absolutely did not make itself try to look like Walpurgisnacht.

viO14rAl.jpg

I've probably sold the show to anyone interested at this point, so I'm not sure if my impressions and summaries for selector spread WIXOSS will be as detailed as my S1 impressions. I'll be sure to pass on any notable Okada moments, of course, but I realize that most of my writeups have been plot summary and I intend to eliminate as much of that as I can. I know I was six months late on this, but at least I followed through!

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - 5

So in this episode a
janitor goes completely yandere once he learns that Sousuke and near-sighted Domon caught a fish he raised in a pond for years was cooked and fed to him.

This show. This entire freaking show guys.

Syrinx

Shit, really perusing through this Rightstuf sale and I'm tempted for more things. Specifically Kino's Journey, Ouran, and Fruits Basket, all of which I already watched but were some of my favorites.

Got a dozen days or so to figure it out at least.

cajunator

Banned
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - 5

So in this episode a
janitor goes completely yandere once he learns that Sousuke and near-sighted Domon caught a fish he raised in a pond for years was cooked and fed to him.

This show. This entire freaking show guys.

Yes I know. Its the best comedy.

Shit, really perusing through this Rightstuf sale and I'm tempted for more things. Specifically Kino's Journey, Ouran, and Fruits Basket, all of which I already watched but were some of my favorites.

Got a dozen days or so to figure it out at least.

Buy it. All of it.

Accel World - 4

Wow, I really did not see that coming for this show.

I haven't seen a love confession scene like that happen this early in an anime in a long time. I really hope the two of this stick with this romance throughout the series and that it doesn't turn into harem or love triangle garbage later on because I really thought that scene was well done.

Second, I also wasn't expecting who Cyan Pile's identity turned out to be. This should be a really interesting match, and could potentially set up a good rivalry for the series.

This was a really well-done episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom