• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

AColdDay

Quick question, in the Nexus Mod Manager how can I configure a mod? E.g. amend the darkness in the Darker Nights mod?

Are you talking about changing the settings of the mod after installing it? Darker Nights has an installer, so to get back to the install setttings, you have to uninstall it and re-install. I know, because I ended up re-installing it to make it a little bit darker.

Are you talking about changing the settings of the mod after installing it? Darker Nights has an installer, so to get back to the install setttings, you have to uninstall it and re-install. I know, because I ended up re-installing it to make it a little bit darker.

Yup, so I need to uninstall it and then reinstall it?

Spinifex

If you right click the mod itself you can Uninstall it without actually deleting it -- an option unavailable from the toolbar for some reason. God the UI is horrible.

Soodanim

x5M52fc.png
Do any of these strike you as a reason it would CTD before I start investigating?

Win8.1, ShadowBoost, i5 4690k stock, 970 stock, 8GB RAM, never CTD'd the whole first playthrough. Last night the drivers crashed when I threw a molotov in the Super Duper Mart (I'm just updating them now, forgot the version number) and a few minutes ago it just went while I was outside. I think a weather change was happening but I'm not certain.

Looking at that list reminds me - I might get rid of Pleasant UI. I like the smaller container popup, but the UI positioning isn't great IMO.

Ugh I have been unable to launch this game since an update or two ago. It's fucking irritating. Decided to run NMM today and update mods etc and still can't get it working.

It just crashes to desktop after the launcher. Any ideas? I'm going to have to reinstall every mod one by one, huh?

Nevermind, got it...

Just looked into this thread for the first time and realized there's a weight limit mod... This is my first Bethesda game on PC.

Only got 12h so far into the game but but I'll definitely get rid of that annoyance tomorrow after work.

I imagine the inventory to become overloaded and hard to manage at times but there seems to be even mods for that.

How do you guys handle the item management in this game? Do you do it manually with the in-game filters or do you use particular mods for it?

Grinchy

Banned
How do you guys handle the item management in this game? Do you do it manually with the in-game filters or do you use particular mods for it?

I just do it manually. You can sort by weight to see the heaviest things you're carrying if you need to lose something. You can sort weapons by ROF and that typically puts all the ammo types together, ect.

I just feel like it would make the game quite mindless if you could just mash the X or A button all over the place to pick up every single item you come across. Part of the immersion for me is knowing what items are important to me so I have to be picky.

Omadahl

Banned
Just looked into this thread for the first time and realized there's a weight limit mod... This is my first Bethesda game on PC.

Only got 12h so far into the game but but I'll definitely get rid of that annoyance tomorrow after work.

I imagine the inventory to become overloaded and hard to manage at times but there seems to be even mods for that.

I sort manually but the mod posted above looks useful. I upped my weight limit using player.modav carryweight 300 to make carrying power armor parts and some weapons for settlers easier. Setting your weight to 1000 or more does break immersion quite a bit.

A trick for those that didn't know... If you click the ~ then click on a dead body, type disable in the console and it will remove the dead body. good for cleaning up your settlements.

Crackbone

A trick for those that didn't know... If you click the ~ then click on a dead body, type disable in the console and it will remove the dead body. good for cleaning up your settlements.

Thanks for this. Having settlers just park ass on a rotting feral was bothering me lol.

Can anybody shed any light on why certain mods are not being enabled after being installed? It's going through the install process like normal... The disable character light mod is also affected.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Can anybody shed any light on why certain mods are not being enabled after being installed? It's going through the install process like normal... The disable character light mod is also affected.

Disable character lighting isn't a mod in the sense of all the other mods. It's just a console command that gets automatically executed if you put it in the ini's launch options.

Because there aren't any files that need installing or removing, it just stays saying uninstalled.

I don't know the reason for your other mod.

Disable character lighting isn't a mod in the sense of all the other mods. It's just a console command that gets automatically executed if you put it in the ini's launch options.

Because there aren't any files that need installing or removing, it just stays saying uninstalled.

I don't know the reason for your other mod.

Thanks, someone else has said that the other mod might not have been updated since the Fallout 4 patch was released that disabled mods...

doomquake

i think this is the best reshade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-phe68M3_A

what about you guys?

seems nice for interiors and night scenes. Not sure about the DOF and day scenes though.

I use one of the first ones with a bit of luma sharpening tweaked (to layer ontop of the TAA)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/90/?
(the screenshots have chromatic aberration but that was removed from the default version since its a bit much)

--
So..after 78 hours, Fallout4 finally took a crap and now crashes in a specific area around Good Neighbor. Pretty bummed since this was the most fun I've had with games in ages..and now its back to the shitty part of PC games (from bethesda).

Vex_

Banned
Oh damn someone modded in transmogging basically?

I had to look that up.

Nope. Not what that is. This just allows you to "hide" armor pieces. The author couldn't find a way to hide helmets however.

I don't wear helmets anyway though.

Bodyslide......... Is uhhhhhhh. Something "else". Not sure if I should talk about that here........... Uhhhm.

Sober

I had to look that up.

Nope. Not what that is. This just allows you to "hide" armor pieces. The author couldn't find a way to hide helmets however.

I don't wear helmets anyway though.

Bodyslide......... Is uhhhhhhh. Something "else". Not sure if I should talk about that here........... Uhhhm.
Looked at the page actually, seems like you can change the appearance as well.

Vex_

Banned
The downgrading is transmogrification. Keeping the stats of one armor while making it look like another.

I thought the mod only allowed you to downgrade between medium and light versions and vice versa

I wasn't aware it allowed you to change its stats to a different armor entirely.

Leather ---> combat armor?

So, if you have to launch from the Script Extender to play with mods, does that mean you could actually run vanilla and modded from the same installation, by just launching alternately from either the standard .exe or the Script Extender, respectively?

(Obviously, you'd need to be very careful not to load a modded save when launching with mods dsiabled, and vice-versa, and any mods that completely replace assets can't be disabled, but does this otherwise work?)

So..after 78 hours, Fallout4 finally took a crap and now crashes in a specific area around Good Neighbor. Pretty bummed since this was the most fun I've had with games in ages..and now its back to the shitty part of PC games (from bethesda).
That's unfortunate man.

Do mods increase the chance of messing up your save?

AColdDay

So, if you have to launch from the Script Extender to play with mods, does that mean you could actually run vanilla and modded from the same installation, by just launching alternately from either the standard .exe or the Script Extender, respectively?

(Obviously, you'd need to be very careful not to load a modded save when launching with mods dsiabled, and vice-versa, and any mods that completely replace assets can't be disabled, but does this otherwise work?)

The easiest way to accomplish what you are trying to do is to use profiles in Nexus Mod Manager. One profile with no mods activated, one with all the mods activated. I would say to use Mod Organizer(the profile tools on MO are top notch) but I don't think it is set up for fallout 4 yet.

Does anyone have a good texture modding guide? :)

All the texture packs I've downloaded so far to peek at how they're doing it don't seem to include normal or specular maps.

One of the coolest mods for Skyrim was Unique Uniques. It gave unique named weapons custom models. I hope something like that eventually shows up for Fallout 4. Though I understand that could be tough given weapon mods. Kinda ironic.

Top Bottom