• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

GavinUK86

Since the new F4 update and the NMM update, a lot of my mods don't work anymore. Neither the Combat Armor Recolour, Easy to See mags, bobbleheads and holotapes or the Proto Vault Suit work. Anyone using these and have them working?

AColdDay

Are there any mod makers in this thread?

I've made very low level mods for Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Basically stuff to customize the game to my tastes (the fast travel speed multiplier, custom weapons and changing up certain hairstyles for example) and some real minor quests to show to my friends.

I would put them in the game as NPCs and have them ask for embarrassing stuff to solve their personal quests. All of this through the GECK, of course. The amount of things people have been able to make for FO4 through TESVEdit is totally incredible to me.

Since the new F4 update and the NMM update, a lot of my mods don't work anymore. Neither the Combat Armor Recolour, Easy to See mags, bobbleheads and holotapes or the Proto Vault Suit work. Anyone using these and have them working?

yea man, the new fallout patch broke the mods, theres a sticky about it on the fallout 4 reddit. Had to go through some hoops to get them to work again and the main issue is the fallout 4 launcher, it changes the .ini file, which breaks the mods. Having to go into the nexus to disable and then re-enable every mod everytime I closed down fallout was a pain in the ass.

So what I did was just use the Fallout 4 script extender launcher instead to completely bypass the official fallout 4 launcher. After doing that, all my mods are back and I dont have to keep turning them off and on again.

Vex_

Banned
yea man, the new fallout patch broke the mods, theres a sticky about it on the fallout 4 reddit. Had to go through some hoops to get them to work again and the main issue is the fallout 4 launcher, it changes the .ini file, which breaks the mods. Having to go into the nexus to disable and then re-enable every mod everytime I closed down fallout was a pain in the ass.

So what I did was just use the Fallout 4 script extender launcher instead to completely bypass the official fallout 4 launcher. After doing that, all my mods are back and I dont have to keep turning them off and on again.
you dont even need script extender, if you just update Nexus Mod manager, it allows you to launch the game just fine through that instead.

Spinifex

NMM has been updated to restore mod functionality. It sets plugins.txt to non read-only on open, and will set it to read-only on close. Fixes the problem pretty well.

Yeah man. I at least have the easy to see ones. Just updated NMM and they should work.

That patch ruined my performance. Now I get stuttering everywhere...

NM, looks like it might have been related to a mod. Turned it off and seems better. Had me worried >_<

RE4PRR

Are there any mod makers in this thread?

Well, I've just started if that counts >.<

Currently creating Vault 13 Vault suit using the proper font from FO1/2, It's taken me 2 days to finally understand FO4 Normal and Specular maps and how to save them in the correct format using Intel's beta plugin for Photoshop for the BC5 .dds format. Now I just have an issue with the mipmaps being a prick and giving me white borders around the diffuse texture.

Otherwise I'm going to replace the combat rifle with the R91 from FO3, found a great deviantart for modded versions and I'm going off that, once the NIF team gets their stuff fully compatible I'll be able to put that in. It's interesting how all the weapons are actually separated into their separate mod parts in their .nifs.

ezekial45

Banned
Any word from Bethesda about mods coming for XB1/PS4?

It'll be on XBO first, and PS4 a few months later. That's all we know so far. The PC mod tools will be released next month, so we'll see that actual mods and creations following that. It's gonna be a bit weird getting the mods on consoles, as they're obviously not gonna upload every single mod to the marketplace.

Better brick textures
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3049/?

3049-0-1449647028.jpg

Kssio_Aug

It'll be on XBO first, and PS4 a few months later. That's all we know so far. The PC mod tools will be released next month, so we'll see that actual mods and creations following that. It's gonna be a bit weird getting the mods on consoles, as they're obviously not gonna upload every single mod to the marketplace.

Ah ok!! I thought the tools were already available for PC!
Hopefully not long after it we can see that dropping for XB1.

And yeah, I'm sure many mods won't be released for consoles, but there may be enough to give the game some more life! =)

ezekial45

Banned
Ah ok!! I thought the tools were already available for PC!
Hopefully not long after it we can see that dropping for XB1.

And yeah, I'm sure many mods won't be released for consoles, but there may be enough to give the game some more life! =)

Nah, what we're seeing now are basically just hacks to the game script. The mod tools will allow people to actually create and implement stuff like weapons, armor, quests, locations, gameplay tweaks, and other additions.

Shredderi

Not really sure I would call that one better.

Yeah it's not really "better" as much as just different. While it is higher res, it lacks a lot of the shadow details in the vanilla texture which makes it actually look flatter than the vanilla ones. In some angles it also has a lot of visual noise which doesn't look great. I hope we'll get POM brickwalls at some point because I'm starting to absolutely hate flat brickwalls in current-gen games. I was actually really hopeful that on this gen, POM brickwalls etc. would be almost automatic, no questions asked. Playing Dying Light as a texture slut the first thing I noticed was how the brickwalls didn't have POM like they did in the very first gameplay reveal the game had and in a very old interview where a techland guy was asked how they would put into use the new power of new consoles, he said that they could do things like having individual bricks actually have shape in their textures now. Shame those didn't pan out. I know I'm propably being petty and nitpicking but it's one of my pet peeves :D

doomquake

Well, I've just started if that counts >.<
The reason I ask is because I would like to make 4k textures for Valentine. I have relatively strong background in textures but as a newcomer to fo4, I dont have experience unpacking the correct files. Do you by chance have the ability to quickly (please dont waste a day on it heh) provide the files for the current textures used? I believe he is partially using synth face textures or something - read about it on nexus - so people havent done full mods yet. I dont really want to do modify anything but the face at this point since im pretty sure you can dress him up in whatever. I could do a better version of his coat as well though.

after 35 hours and almost 300 dollars worth of upgrades to my computer to be able to run this game better, i just can't take the jankiness of this game anymore.

Are there are challenge rebalances worth looking into yet? I don't like bullet sponge enemies at all

after 35 hours and almost 300 dollars worth of upgrades to my computer to be able to run this game better, i just can't take the jankiness of this game anymore.

Are there are challenge rebalances worth looking into yet? I don't like bullet sponge enemies at all

Yea there is a choose your own difficulty mod.

Its on nexusmods site, improved the game vastly for me.

No more sponges.

geestack

anyone having weird resolution problems with f4se? I decided to use it because of mod compatibility, but it's had strange effects on my resolution where the playing area is much smaller than the actual monitor area:

eAJ5FtU.jpg

23qwerty

anyone having weird resolution problems with f4se? I decided to use it because of mod compatibility, but it's had strange effects on my resolution where the playing area is much smaller than the actual monitor area:

eAJ5FtU.jpg
I've had that happen a few times without any mods at all, seems to just be a fallout 4 thing

Moonstone

eAJ5FtU.jpg

This happens for me sometimes (1440p) if I switch to desktop (with windows key) in loading sequences. Don't use any graphic mods.

Handy Fake

eAJ5FtU.jpg

You might have to manually put your resolution into the .ini file.

bomblord1

Banned
Has Bethesda put a timeline on the release of the modding tools yet? Can't wait to see what people can do once they start editing the in game meshes.

geestack

thanks to everyone who offered advice, turns out it was the display scaling setting inside the properties of f4se in windows 10 with higher dpi settings.

just in case anyone is curious, just right click f4se and go to the compatibility tab and check the box to disable display scaling on high dpi settings.

Player No Longer Rudely Interrupting Dialogue

This removes the extremely annoying "mhmm", "uhuh", "right" when you skip dialog.

I loved doing that at the most inappropriate moments though.

Imagine it's like some crucial point of the story (making this up, no spoilers) where a character is like "oh god, he's wiping out our army, we have to stop h--" "mhm".

Your character sounds like such a dick and it's hilarious to do it lol.

Spinifex

Bwah I loved that touch. It's freaking hilarious.

I loved doing that at the most inappropriate moments though.

Imagine it's like some crucial point of the story (making this up, no spoilers) where a character is like "oh god, he's wiping out our army, we have to stop h--" "mhm".

Your character sounds like such a dick and it's hilarious to do it lol.

Ever do it while you're drunk? Even better.

I can't wait to get mods on the Xbox One. I know there won't be graphical advancements but would love for a way to make outfits in to armour. Want an atom cats outfit with more protection.

Also is there any mods out to change Synths into terminators...

Top Bottom