• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

N° 2048

Casually walking around
University Point/University Credit Union
when all of the sudden I found this bad boy:

few minutes later I got into firefight with some raiders, and while looting their bodies I found this:

Loving the game! (100+ hrs and counting)

Nice! is that location a southern part of the map?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Just did
The Big Dig
quest and I
betrayed Bobbi No-Nose
. I wonder what would've happened if I chose differently.

As for the main story I haven't got around to travelling to
The Glowing Sea
yet. I'm about 42 hours in and just focusing on what side quests I have at the moment.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Welcome to you're "DOOM!";187068356 said:
Is the PS4 performance for this game ok? I don't really care about graphics, I just want to make sure it's not broken.

It has frame drops but it ain't as bad as the XB1 which can drop to 0fps at times. I think PS4 or both PS4 + XB1 have drops to about 15fps when scoping weapons. Not sure what it's like in the city areas because for me on PC that's where the game really struggles. If you are playing on console then PS4 is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZXkdD1RwQ

N° 2048

Welcome to you're "DOOM!";187068536 said:
Great thanks. I guess I have no more excuses to not pick this up.

Buy it.

c29457c87aa5856eb7b24200c5fc4fcd.jpg

Hjod

Banned
I'm level 41 and
I just saved Nick Valentine
. I need help, I'm addicted to the exploring.

On a side note,
I cleared Quincy, are there any quest related to clearing it, cause I kinda just wandered in there and shot everyone, playing the game this way makes me feel like I'm missing a lot of side quests and so on.

KevinG

It has frame drops but it ain't as bad as the XB1 which can drop to 0fps at times. I think PS4 or both PS4 + XB1 have drops to about 15fps when scoping weapons. Not sure what it's like in the city areas because for me on PC that's where the game really struggles. If you are playing on console then PS4 is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZXkdD1RwQ

Performance on both platforms is the same.

This DF article caused some hoopla, but everyone's game is a YMMV situation. Other articles say the One runs better. The variables at play are much to broad to call either console as the winner.

R0ckman

Is
McCready
suppose to be some kind of joke character? He just gives off this, "I'm pathetic, I know it, but hide it behind this awkward, carefree persona." Complete contrast to people like
Hancock and Deacon
, maybe I should have just left him where I found him, keep my money.

On another note,
is there any story or quest behind Clint who contributed to the fall of the minute men? I basically by chance came in and wiped out that whole area of gunners, ran into him and looked him up after killing him finding out who he was. I would think killing him would be a big deal but I guess not?

Reposting to have question answered, more concerned about the 2nd one obviously lol. Also wanted to know if giving settler a junk jet and one teddy bear will make them shoot infinite teddies?

bomblord1

Banned
I think I'm about done with the Main story.

I've already had the dilemma of having to make the entire Brotherhood my enemy or the Entire Institute just by walking into a building with a different companion now I have to decide between the Railroad and the Institute.

I agree with the Institute on most fronts. Most of the negatives attributed to the institute are actually the fault of the Railroad I don't think biological synths should be treated as slaves but the Railroad is much too extreme in their idea of forcibly freeing all synths (some are obviously happy in the Institute) and I don't agree with them wanting to wipe the Institute off the face of the Earth. On the other hand I'm at a point in the Institute quest line where my only option is to literally kill the head of the Railroad. I'm sorry but I can't just walk into a room of people who trust me and pop one of their heads off.

I figured I might be able to talk my way out of it one way or the other. I mean I'm the freaking head of the Institute but talking to the Head of the Railroad gave me the option of telling her I've been told to kill her but then all I get is "I'm going to kill your" or "I'm not going to kill you".

Instead of wrestling with these impossible choices. I've just started walking around the wasteland at random.

I think I'm about done with the Main story.

I've already had the dilemma of having to make the entire Brotherhood my enemy or the Entire Institute just by walking into a building with a different companion now I have to decide between the Railroad and the Institute.

I agree with the Institute on most fronts. Most of the negatives attributed to the institute are actually the fault of the Railroad I don't think biological synths should be treated as slaves but the Railroad is much too extreme in their idea of forcibly freeing all synths (some are obviously happy in the Institute) and I don't agree with them wanting to wipe the Institute off the face of the Earth. On the other hand I'm at a point in the Institute quest line where my only option is to literally kill the head of the Railroad. I'm sorry but I can't just walk into a room of people who trust me and pop one of their heads off.

I figured I might be able to talk my way out of it one way or the other. I mean I'm the freaking head of the Institute but talking to the Head of the Railroad only gave me the option of telling her I've been told to kill her but then all I get is "I'm going to kill your" or "I'm not going to kill you".

Instead of wrestling with these impossible choices. I've just started walking around the wasteland at random.
This just reminds me how simplistic the writing can be at times. I'm not asking for a novel but in reality people would try to fucking find solutions when someone brings you news like that. I did the same thing and it really was like the most infuriating conversation.

"hey so I brought you some potatoes"

"oh well you know I only like rice"

"yeah I know"

"so the question is are you going to give me the potatoes? Or the rice?"

Beautiful. 10/10 moral grey writing.

My bases just starting getting wrecked recently. I had Red Rocket up to 88 happiness a couple days ago, and I should have tried to go for the 100 ahievement... because it's been relentlessly attacked lately and now down to 60 happiness.

hydruxo

The main storyline is a mess. I love the game, but you get to a point at the end of the story where you're essentially forced into decisions you might not want to make.

First playthrough is done. Level 65. Must be over 140 hours now, if not more. Definitely keeping this character around, I had way too much fun building him up over 65 levels, building settlements and pimping power armor.

Not sure how much there's left for me to see in the Commonwealth, but once I'm done with my next review assignment I'm heading straight back in. Wanna do a build focused around the Power Fist or Sledgehammer.

I only realized a bit ago that you can go into third person mode while riding a Vertibird. Pretty cool.

Guess I'll try again in case no one noticed but is there some work around to building limits in settlements on the PS4? Read it mentioned a couple times

Well i managed to flirt good enough with
Magnolia
to have a nice walk under the streetlights and what not.

Sadly after the flirting, the next time you gain control of your character again it's in a hotel room or something. So still no cutscene (did not expect one anyway) and that's just it. I kinda would have liked it though if we truly had walked together in these streets to that room. I just like the idea of that...but ah well.

It's been fun following your progress on xbox, Blue Ninja :)

Is 65 the cap?

I didn't write as many crazy stories as I would've liked, though. Not because I didn't experience any, but because there were just too many to recollect. :lol

No, there's no cap. I still level like crazy with the occasional Idiot Savant bonus (even at INT 6). Overall I'm really pleased with my character build. It's just that I've seen most of what the game has to offer with this type of character, so I'm gonna switch it up.

Though I kinda still want to travel along the broken highways using my power armor jetpack.

bomblord1

Banned
Don't destroy arms and legs, they get desperate and self destruct for last move.

I do this intentionally it makes for a much easier fight. Instead of whittling down a protectrons health a good 2 pops from my weapon of choice on each arm and some mad dashing results in an instant win.

Finished the main quest last night, same issues as everyone else. Didn't like my options, slightly preferred
the Railroad over the Institute, but destroying the Institute was stupid. It just seemed like I had no choice in deciding what was best for the commonwealth because those choices didn't exist. It was Team A or Team B. Anyway I saved and did both endings for the trophies, now I have to replay for the BoS which I completely ignored.

Also the whole kidnapped son thing was such a poor narrative choice right from the start. The strength of the game is exploring and yet for the main storyline to have any plausibility you should be ignoring everything that doesn't involve finding your son.

Anyway I started a second playthrough with a female character and it's amazing how I much prefer her voice acting. The male voice was always way too cheery and nice, the tone of the female is just so much better.

Finished the main quest last night, same issues as everyone else. Didn't like my options, slightly preferred
the Railroad over the Institute, but destroying the Institute was stupid. It just seemed like I had no choice in deciding what was best for the commonwealth because those choices didn't exist. It was Team A or Team B. Anyway I saved and did both endings for the trophies, now I have to replay for the BoS which I completely ignored.

Also the whole kidnapped son thing was such a poor narrative choice right from the start. The strength of the game is exploring and yet for the main storyline to have any plausibility you should be ignoring everything that doesn't involve finding your son.

Anyway I started a second playthrough with a female character and it's amazing how I much prefer her voice acting. The male voice was always way too cheery and nice, the tone of the female is just so much better.

yea the male voice is surprisingly aloof given that he has awoken to a world where everything from his past is gone/dead

bomblord1

Banned
How cool to see the
Vault Tec guy as a ghoul
in Goodneighbor. really did not see that coming.

It's a really cool little Easter Egg. I brought him back there but not much else has happened. I figured there would be a lot more too it so I I'm a little disappointed that that was all there was.

It's not an option on the PS4, well I can't find one and I looked for ages.

You can remove markers on PS4 like the other guy said. I think you misunderstood him. Place another marker somewhere else and in the pop up, it'll say place marker or remove. If you mean quest markers, you just deselect the quest.

Source: PS4 user.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Friends, please name this armor. I know I've seen it before, and I probably even have some stashed in my armor box, but I don't want to go looking for it again.

hjI2CR7.png

TIA

haha from the start I told my friend, "that guy is going to be in the game later on"

I still haven't been there but very excited to go!

Yeah it definitely makes sense if you think about it.

It's a really cool little Easter Egg. I brought him back there but not much else has happened. I figured there would be a lot more too it so I I'm a little disappointed that that was all there was.

Ah that's a shame. Still a cool little thing though.

On Demand

Banned
Is there an update on the map size compared to Fallout 3? To me the scale we've seen in the comparison pictures is not accurate. It takes me more time to get trough half the map in FO3 than 4. In 4 it feels like i get to each location much faster. Your character takes up more space on the map too. So i don't think those grid estimates are correct?

Could be the shape of 4's map and all the water fooling me.

Machina

Banned
Perhaps it's because everything in 4 is more densely packed? All the empty space between locations was one of the things that got criticized about 3 so they addressed it

Is there an update on the map size compared to Fallout 3? To me the scale we've seen in the comparison pictures is not accurate. It takes me more time to get trough half the map in FO3 than 4. In 4 it feels like i get to each location much faster. Your character takes up more space on the map too. So i don't think those grid estimates are correct?

It also could be that your player is, on average, faster than a FO3 character.
Perhaps it's because everything in 4 is more densely packed? All the empty space between locations was one of the things that got criticized about 3 so they addressed it
This too.

LowParry

Anyone have any problems with after accessing a terminal, you get stuck and can't move or anything? PC version. All I've done is just unlock the framerate. No add ons.

Machina

Banned
Anyone have any problems with after accessing a terminal, you get stuck and can't move or anything? PC version. All I've done is just unlock the framerate. No add ons.

I encountered one terminal that wouldn't let me use it at all, but apart from that, nothing major.

My most annoying bug so far happened just now. The intense combat music refused to go away even after the battle was long over. I had to listen to the radio after awhile and it still didn't go away.

I would also say that the map is smaller than F3's

Top Bottom