• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

bati

JUST FOUND THIS GLITCH:

So I found what I believe to be a pretty big glitch... at least in my game. as seen below. No cheats, no funny business, nothing. I've never even opened up the command console once in 70+ hours of playing.

Unless Yao Guai Roast (+10 Melee damage) is suppose to be this unbalanced?

after I eat Yao Guai Roast it changes the melee damage to Grognaks axe from 43 to 292... I had the effect active as i recently used it to heal before i even picked up the axe so i thought i hit the jackpot as this was the damage when i picked it up.

after the effect of Yao Guai Roast wears off.. it glitches further and the damage goes up to 307....

if you load save games while the game is up it keeps the total. if you fast travel or load of any kind it still keeps the total.

If you quit the game completely and come back then axe goes back to 43.

Thought it was a perfect storm of things to make that glitch but after a restart of the game I ate another Yao Guai Roast.... scrolled over to my inventory to check the axe damage and it didnt change.. still said 43. exited out of my pipboy and went right back in and it then showed 292....

*edit* tested on my PS4 as well as PC.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2142/?

Yao Guai Roast gives +10% melee damage instead of +500%. (Tooltip will be wrong)

johnsmith

remember me
Wandering the wasteland in style

GGujbJ2.png

Sagroth

Finally got all perks given by maxing out companions. Saved Strong for last, because I was sick of him disliking me picking locks, etc. MacCready's perk is bugged as well: constant 95 to headshot chance in VATS no matter how far away the enemy is, but also seems to render the Penetrator perk nonfunctional. Ah, well.

Level 87 now and pretty much out of things to do except finish the story and maybe look for a few more magazines(only magazine perk I have maxed is the Covert Operations one). Loved the game, on board for DLC, but pretty much ready to move on to something else for now.

It's by the marketplace. Just means to craft I'll have to dump everything from the workshop onto my character, inch forward to a station, make stuff, then inch back and dump everything again. It's a big pain in the wazoo. I really don't understand it, the house is even pitched in-game as having lots of space. For decorations, it seems.

I feel like Fallout 4 is forcing a more specific set of role playing on me than any game since I started playing Bethesda's games. I just want a house for my stuff, make and improve gear there, and to play solo. But so far, I can't actually play that way.

Had a fun adventure tonight in the Boston mayoral bunker (they really ratcheted up the tension hard), so I was starting to get into the game again after being put off by it initially. This might be what pushes me away from the game (again). I'm just not allowed to be the lone wolf I want to be. It's really disappointing.

I found a settlement that I like. It's in the
South East
corner , and it's called
Croup Manor
It's a
run down mansion with some of the walls and roof missing. But I was able to turn it into a nice little home.

Map image of location.

So I just reached Charles view amphitheater and I was talking to the priest and he suddenly starts shooting me after asking to hand over everything.

Is this normal ?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's by the marketplace. Just means to craft I'll have to dump everything from the workshop onto my character, inch forward to a station, make stuff, then inch back and dump everything again. It's a big pain in the wazoo. I really don't understand it, the house is even pitched in-game as having lots of space. For decorations, it seems.

I feel like Fallout 4 is forcing a more specific set of role playing on me than any game since I started playing Bethesda's games. I just want a house for my stuff, make and improve gear there, and to play solo. But so far, I can't actually play that way.

Why don't you just make Red Rocket your base? It has everything you need already. Or if you need a place in the city Hangman's Alley is nice. It's a block or two north of Diamond City.

The Classical Radio station is one of my favorite new additions. Too bad you lose it if you
blow up The Institute

'Ride of the Valkyrie' started as I was following
Liberty Prime
so that was pretty epic. Then I got 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' once I entered
the Institute
. Pretty perfect.

johnsmith

remember me
so tempted to setup another main base somewhere besides the castle just for funsies. But the thought of moving all my gear, ugh. Especially now that i started sorting stuff into different containers.

Kamina777

Banned
Anyone else think the 200 years after the war setting doesn't make sense? :p Everything looks like it would be 50-60 years after the war at most. Logically nothing like the terminals and machinery would be in working condition after all that time without any maintenance. This is kind of the problem I have with FO3/NV/FO4, civilization doesn't seem to have developed past living in the wrecked buildings. NV was better because at least they rebuilt a bunch of stuff, but apparently people in the wasteland are OK with living in houses with trash everywhere on the floor :p
Nuclear war.
Let 2 geneations of your family and friends spend time in a constantly expanding vault population that grows more crowded and ignorant of what life was like topside with each passing year, and who knows what type of paychotic test going on.. see how long it takes for your children's children's children to shake that trauma and recreate modern society with only books and heresay to go by.

I think it makes sense to a degree, and explains why so many things in the world are caricatures of what they should centruries down the line when himanity tries to reclaim the modern era from relative scratch.

Anyone ever came across a bug with the music in-game? I'm now permanently locked in suspenseful music unless I turn on a radio station.

Tapping R1 is melee, holding R1 is to throw a grenade/molotov etc.

If you want to unequip them just click on them in the weapon inventory screen I think.

Oh I see thank you

I'll just add I think this game looks really nice on console, way better than I expected. Image quality is the best I've ever seen.

Kaversmed

So, I'm about 2 days of playtime into the game and haven't discovered any game breaking bugs or issues as of yet *knocks on wood*, but my dad told me to stay out of a place called Monsignor Plaza because players have experienced the game to break completely when roaming that area. I've also heard that certain quests are broken too but I have tried to search for this and the info is all over the place.

So guys, what are your observations? What quests/areas would be best to avoid until a patch comes along? :)

Nuclear war.
Let 2 geneations of your family and friends spend time in a constantly expanding vault population that grows more crowded and ignorant of what life was like topside with each passing year, and who knows what type of paychotic test going on.. see how long it takes for your children's children's children to shake that trauma and recreate modern society with only books and heresay to go by.

I think it makes sense to a degree, and explains why so many things in the world are caricatures of what they should centruries down the line when humanity tries to reclaim the modern era from relative scratch.

I get the feeling few outside are vault dwellers or decedent from them. Not to mention, there are ghouls alive who lived pre-war who could provide some expertise on matters.

But It is a good point: 200 years and little to no rebuilding is strange. You'd think everything would have been knocked down, salvaged, and rebuilt, even if by primitive standards. Instead, a lot just seem to be living in the shattered remains of what was, instead of building something, anything new.

bati

awesome thanks! Hadn't seen anything so wasn't sure if this was known. at least there's a fix!

Np. Did you happen to notice if the Big Leagues fix did anything for you? I don't know if so very few people actually play melee or people don't notice or maybe it's not even bugged for everyone but I didn't really see many reports regarding the final rank being bugged.

It's a little worrying how many perks are on that list though...

Carcetti

But It is a good point: 200 years and little to no rebuilding is strange. You'd think everything would have been knocked down, salvaged, and rebuilt, even if by primitive standards. Instead, a lot just seem to be living in the shattered remains of what was, instead of building something, anything new.

It's easy to forget that the nuclear war was just an intro to everything else in Fallout-verse. Imagine trying to rebuild a town only to be attacked by ghouls, super mutants, robots, radscorpions, molerats, death claws, rad storms, raiders, chazadores and all the other mutant insects, mirelurks and what not. It's a miracle there are even any surviving humans left at this point. All the ammunition in the world should've run out by now.

Corpekata

Banned
Getting burnt out.

At the start, it feels like there's going to be a ton of enemy variety. Early encounters with ghouls and even mole rats were surprising. Super mutants and their suiciders. But aside from introductions and a couple nice surprises like the higher up Mirelurks, it doesn't feel like there's much different after a few hours.

After a while it's feeling too samey. Human enemies are pretty big bores and make up a lot of the real content. Normal mirelurks are just kind of a chore.

Playing with difficulty settings just makes things feel more bullet spongey. Yeah, legendary enemies spawn more but they too just feel like bullet sponge variants.

ncslamm

Okay guys I just bought this game yesterday and plan on starting my first play through tonight. I've never played a Fallout game before but after watching some gameplay on twitch I was sold. Any tips for a beginner? What difficulty should I start with for the best experience?

Vex_

Banned
Okay guys I just bought this game yesterday and plan on starting my first play through tonight. I've never played a Fallo--

900x900px-LL-f02fe1c2_superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Normal. Just play normal first.

How do I boost my chance of persuasion dialog being successful? I put a bunch of points into charisma but it fails constantly.
Make sure they are at least yellow (not red) or you will most likely fail. However, there is a trick. You can quicksave mid convo, and then reload the game right back into the same convo at that same point and try again. It is completely random every time

Can the dog be killed in combat, or is he unkillable?

Unkillable. He is set to essential.

Hi!

I like to do gaming video and i come ofter here post it!

In this one we can see the encounter with the Alien, a fight using the Alien Blaster gun vs Deathclaw!!!
AND a little rap song I made with Todd Howard "it just works" lol.
With some fun/funny kills too!

Like ALL my video, nothing serious and done with humor! Hope you like it!
I'm open to feedback good or bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0-IWqG98Q
( I dont know if you can "emblem" video here ? If yes, someone could do it plz ? or tell me how lol )

If you see major spelling error in video or description tell me lol. ( Hope it's not in the video ) I'm French, that's why lol.

Starfield

I now have
the Courser Chip. If I hand it over to the Brotherhood of Steel will the Railroad turn hostile towards me? Because I want to complete as many missions as I can before I turn against them.
Help would be much appreciated!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I now have
the Courser Chip. If I hand it over to the Brotherhood of Steel will the Railroad turn hostile towards me? Because I want to complete as many missions as I can before I turn against them.
Help would be much appreciated!
Not yet.
I did the opposite, gave it to the Railroad. After the mission, the Brotherhood was basically disappointed that I didn't use them, but were willing to forgive me. I assume it works the same in the other direction.
The point of no return should be further down the line.

R0ckman

Is
McCready
suppose to be some kind of joke character? He just gives off this, "I'm pathetic, I know it, but hide it behind this awkward, carefree persona." Complete contrast to people like
Hancock and Deacon
, maybe I should have just left him where I found him, keep my money.

On another note,
is there any story or quest behind Clint who contributed to the fall of the minute men? I basically by chance came in and wiped out that whole area of gunners, ran into him and looked him up after killing him finding out who he was. I would think killing him would be a big deal but I guess not?

weird. I just got a new settlement (
Warwick Homestead
), and before I did anything, it already had two supply lines connected to it?

Also, I met a group of really cool cats, did a little quest for them, and the very next time I visit them, one of the is lying dead right by the entrance to their area. :( What a bummer. It's made even worse by no one else in the group noticing or caring. I reloaded through a bunch of past saves to see if I could have stopped his death, but no luck.

Moertel

Diamond City Blues is the weirdest, most badly setup quest ever.
Why am I suddenly involved in a drug deal? What does this have to do with Pembroke, Cooke and his wife? Why can't I recject Cooke's offer to help him out without killing him? Why can't I just talk to the wife?

The more I play, the more I notice how restrictive the "choices" in this game are. Please Bethesda, let Obsidian make another spinoff or the DLC.

I've yet to have any of my settlments get attacked. How does this happen?
Seems to be quite random. Helps to have defense higher than food+water, but that doesn't eliminate the chance of attacks. Had 3 or 4 attacks in about 40 hours.

Kamina777

Banned
I get the feeling few outside are vault dwellers or decedent from them. Not to mention, there are ghouls alive who lived pre-war who could provide some expertise on matters.

The game itself says people dismiss them as a little crazy, and i'd imagine human friendly ghoul relations went through a long phase of mistrust before everyone sang kumbaya. Humanity starting over means caves and thorny thickets until people start building.. if the young of the original vault dwellers see prebuilt structures, strong enough to withstand a nuclear blast mind you and tempered in radiation, why start over? heck,who would have taught a child in the vault how to build a house after the last builders died 100 years ago.

Its not humanity sent back to the stoneage per se', but i'd imagine scavenging, fighting the terrors of the wastes and surviving off the land would be passed down before building homes with picket fences and the like.

100 years is not enough time for the children of the children of vault dwellers, especially in a land where radiation storms and supermutants are a thing, to decide to build nice gated communities and live like we did before the bombs fell.and coated the US heavily in radiation.

Diamond City Blues is the weirdest, most badly setup quest ever.
Why am I suddenly involved in a drug deal? What does this have to do with Pembroke, Cooke and his wife? Why can't I recject Cooke's offer to help him out without killing him? Why can't I just talk to the wife?

The more I play, the more I notice how restrictive the "choices" in this game are. Please Bethesda, let Obsidian make another spinoff or the DLC.
Those were my exact thoughts about that quest. Hated that one.

Had a fun adventure tonight in the Boston mayoral bunker (they really ratcheted up the tension hard), so I was starting to get into the game again after being put off by it initially. This might be what pushes me away from the game (again). I'm just not allowed to be the lone wolf I want to be. It's really disappointing.
Just dump all your shit in those workbenches, they don't seem to reset and you don't need to carry it all the time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just dump all your shit in those workbenches, they don't seem to reset and you don't need to carry it all the time.

the problem then is moving the junk between, say, the weapon bench and the power-armour bench. It's just silly

I've yet to have any of my settlments get attacked. How does this happen?

It finally happened to me today at level 29 even though the settlement's defense was well above water + food. I wonder if it is story related as it happened just after the
Brotherhood Blimp
showed up.

I just noticed that at some point I must've sold my husband's wedding ring. ;_;
Checked all the workshops, vendors, and storage containers I'd visited tonight, and it wasn't anywhere. Luckily, I guess, my very oldest save still had it, so I think I'm going to revert to that one and lose 8 hours of progress mostly screwing around. (The main thing I accomplished tonight was getting the 100 happiness trophy, so that won't be lost at least.)

I really wish we could lock or protect items.

What is the point of keeping your husband/wife's wedding ring anyway? Do you get a special scene when romancing someone where you can give it to them or something?

Keinu

Finnished this game a few days ago and all inn all I really liked it. When I think back there are a lot of things I can point out as plain bad, but in the end I had a good time playing it.

One thing though, why did they make so many quests that had npc's following you when they are so useless? Getting stuck, falling down, standing still doing nothing. It just seems weird they make so many quests with this when they more than likely know things will go wrong.

Finnished this game a few days ago and all inn all I really liked it. When I think back there are a lot of things I can point out as plain bad, but in the end I had a good time playing it.

One thing though, why did they make so many quests that had npc's following you when they are so useless? Getting stuck, falling down, standing still doing nothing. It just seems weird they make so many quests with this when they more than likely know things will go wrong.
Oh i hate those wuest where you gotta follow someone, they stop moving or get stuck soooooo many fucking times, what were they thinking

Haunted

I just noticed that at some point I must've sold my husband's wedding ring. ;_;
Checked all the workshops, vendors, and storage containers I'd visited tonight, and it wasn't anywhere. Luckily, I guess, my very oldest save still had it, so I think I'm going to revert to that one and lose 8 hours of progress mostly screwing around. (The main thing I accomplished tonight was getting the 100 happiness trophy, so that won't be lost at least.)

I really wish we could lock or protect items.
I threw the wedding ring away immediately. Part of my attempt to reject the game's forced characterisation/backstory of my character.

Never try to take my character away from me, Bethesda.

Top Bottom