• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Still early but one thing that bugs me is my character keeps saying Shaun is a baby when she's describing him to others.

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly aren't you refrozen after Shaun is taken? So any amount of time could have passed? He could be any age, no? Or did I miss something?

So is it correct that you have to keep save games in order to get the platinium trophy? Because you can't finish all fractions in one playthrough?

Not only that, but
you can run into your ghoulified feral neighbours as well.

Awesome. I love stuff like that.

I would also say that the map is smaller than F3's

Nah, i highly doubt that. At first the map looked really small, but i keep discovering new places and it certainly doesn't seem small.

Question about Marowski:

So that drugdeal went bad of course, i let Trish the ghoul go and i went into that chems lab. Latimer in DC tasked me with killing Marowski, but i rather not. I have now met Marowski and i can pay him 1000 caps and be done with it. But if i don't kill him....how's this gonna go with Latimer in DC?

Vex_

Banned
VZ69EGh.png

Level 34...

Spyware

Still early but one thing that bugs me is my character keeps saying Shaun is a baby when she's describing him to others.

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly aren't you refrozen after Shaun is taken? So any amount of time could have passed? He could be any age, no? Or did I miss something?
No you're right.
I haven't read or seen anything about Shaun in the game yet (I assume he's in it tho), but got annoyed that one thing my character said early in the game was "have you seen someone with a baby?" and had to reload since I'm not gonna assume he's a baby so my character shouldn't either. The Full Dialogue mod helped a lot with this problem, I never choose to describe him as a baby, just as my son. It feels better.

Spyware

WUT? Did you build a scale model of the fucking Pyramids of Giza in Sanctuary or something? I'm level 39 at 60 hours
I've never left the first "Zone" of the map (never crossed the freeway) and I've played for about 160 hours. I've restarted a couple of times and spent a lot of time building. I don't want to rush it.

Aurongel

Quickest way to either raise or remove the cap for building stuff in settlements? I'm on PC and just unlocked the Castle. I've barrly planted a few benches and a few generators and it's already at capacity.

N° 2048

VZ69EGh.png

Level 34...

WUT? Did you build a scale model of the fucking Pyramids of Giza in Sanctuary or something? I'm level 39 at 60 hours

I'm 85 hours in and level 26. Have only the North West part of the map explored + Diamond City and Piper. JUST got to Diamond City yesterday. Haven't met any other companions besides Codsworth and Dogmeat. Haven't started BoS or any other main quests.

There's a lot to do. A LOT!

It took me two hours to explore Super Duper Mart. That gives you an idea of how OCD I am in terms of exploring. Go with the flow, don't rush.

I haven't bothered with all the settlement stuff yet. Never really built much.
Today one of my settlements got attacked for the first time but I didn't recognize it. But I don't care.

Some adventures:

Found a greaveyard of ships that had a ton of raiders on them including one with a fatman that owned me from a distance. Turns out they were old minutemen that fell apart and started raiding. I like cool little things like this.

Also found some elementary school where some screw up stuff was happening.

On Demand

Banned
Perhaps it's because everything in 4 is more densely packed? All the empty space between locations was one of the things that got criticized about 3 so they addressed it

That i don't understand. An vast empty space is just as important as a packed one. Walking around seeing nothing but dust and dirt (or in skyrim's case....tree's and grass) gives it a sense of place. Having everything so close together doesn't feel right.

With that said, i don't think it's that. The map just feels smaller than 3.

It also could be that your player is, on average, faster than a FO3 character.

This too.

I thought about this, but i don't know, F03 is slower but not that slow. You mostly glide anyway. Something just feels off about 4's map.

VZ69EGh.png

Level 34...

ZkHmzVi.jpg

seems were moving around the same pace, hella slow. Over two hours of gameplay per level.

anyways
wow, I didnt know other guns could get this amount of damage besides the gauss and explosive weapons.
Actually, this weapon does more than my gauss rifle which is 233 damage
HKcafRB.png

Vex_

Banned
I'm 85 hours in and level 26. Have only the North West part of the map explored + Diamond City and Piper. JUST got to Diamond City yesterday. Haven't met any other companions besides Codsworth and Dogmeat. Haven't started BoS or any other main quests.

There's a lot to do. A LOT!

It took me two hours to explore Super Duper Mart. That gives you an idea of how OCD I am in terms of exploring. Go with the flow, don't rush.

Took me about an hour to go through super duper the FIRST time. I WENT BACK IN THERE to test out some guns when the enemies respawned oh god something is wrong with me right?

Machina

Banned
That i don't understand. An vast empty space is just as important as a packed one. Walking around seeing nothing but dust and dirt (or in skyrim's case....tree's and grass) gives it a sense of place. Having everything so close together doesn't feel right.

With that said, i don't think it's that. The map just feels smaller than 3.

I thought about this, but i don't know, F03 is slower but not that slow. You mostly glide anyway. Something just feels off about 4's map.

Well you have to remember this is a metropolitan area surrounding Boston. Everything has to be fairly dense. If you like empty space, the Glowing Sea provides plenty of that.

As long as the distance between Lexington, Cambridge and downtown is fairly accurate, I guess they can fill it with as much content as they like.

Vex_

Banned
[
Actually, this weapon does more than my gauss rifle which is 233 damage
HcafRB.png

yea, I actually just found my first two shot lazer rifle today. (the other one). I dont have science perks yet (mainly a gun nut), but i will get to modding that asap!

AND GODDAMN AT THOSE HOURS. Im gonna be there someday!

I've been spending most of my post- story time building up settlements and I keep running into the problem of my lack of building materials namely wood and steel. Are there any locations for decent farming for them?

I finally got around the terminal glitch by just using the framerate toggle button on my monitor to set it to 60 whenever I logon to a terminal and then just switch back to 144hz once I finish, lol.

Obviously have to have an actual high framerate monitor to do that though whereas some people are just leaving it uncapped.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I spent a few hours yesterday collecting the remaining 10 bobbleheads I needed to complete the collection. Cut to today and I realize I did all of that on a save that was after I passed a point of no return for one of the factions in the end game, so I had to roll back to an older save and collect all the bobbleheads again. OOOOOOOOOOOPS!

Sullichin

Anyone playing this with a Steam Controller and have any tips?

I have the left trigger set to aim with the full pull set to Hold Breath. that's really nice. But aiming, pip boy navigation and weapon switching are clumsy to me compared to mouse/keyboard.

CloudWolf

Anyone else having a problem where achievements don't pop up on Xbox One? I finished a bunch of quests with achievements today and got nothing.

Enjoying this way more than Skyrim, mostly because of the fact that the enemies don't level along with me.

I like wandering around gettjng my ass kicked by some enemies, and then wandering into other areas and one-shotting them.

CloudWolf

I got the most OP armor combo in the game right now. Got that ballistic weave stuff from The Railroad and put it on military fatigues and a news boy cap with Armorer lvl. 4. Those two alone offer 220 protection to both physical and energy demage and then I put a fully modded combat armor set on top of it. I'm practically bulletproof.

Enjoying this way more than Skyrim, mostly because of the fact that the enemies don't level along with me.

They do, but it's less apparent.

KevinG

Faction spoilers (just quest names)

BoS will become enemies once you enter the relay for the 'Mass Fusion' quest. So make a hard save right before you enter the relay so that you can go back and do the BoS questline.

For the Railroad, make a save right when you get the achievement/trophy for completing 'Powering Up' and get the 'End of the Line' quest.

Otherwise for the Institute just keep going through the main quests for their achievements/trophies.

Just to be clear, no matter who I choose to work with on
The Moleculer Level
mission, it won't effect my achievement pursuit?

GhaleonEB

Setting up shop at the boathouse. I'd cleared it out before but somehow missed the workshop. :lol

As in life, moving sucks. Only another 800 lbs of junk and building materials to go, but I've got most of my crafting stations set up. The house is run down and the carpenter in me wants to start some demo work, but it'll do. Finally had enough of the right junk in one place, with a station, to improve my weapons and see what perks I want next, for the next round of mods.

Feeling better now that I have a decent place and a plan.

Boss Man

I like wandering around gettjng my ass kicked by some enemies, and then wandering into other areas and one-shotting them.
Yep, surprised they went away from it but very happy they did.

Zekes!

Man, my desire to complete this game has just petered out. I just went down the path of spoiling what was left of the main plot and
finding out there wasn't actually much to spoil was, well, a bummer
. I also don't like any of the factions, but at this point I'm mostly rolling with the Railroad. The Brotherhood is out since I killed Marxon because they seemed like dicks.

I also feel like I've completed the most interesting quests in the game so far. I still need to venture South East, maybe there's some cool stuff down there.

I'm considering just trying to get the platinum trophy, but with Xenoblade X out next week, I might be moving on soon.

I cleared out an entire building and now while killing the last guy I got stuck in some invisible wall and can't get out. This game is really starting to get on my nerves. Is there a command I can do to get out of this? I'm on PC

R0ckman

How does combat AI work in this with enemies? I'm not sure if it was a bug, but I went to this area way south filled with gunners and they all started behaving like ghouls, being very aggressive and advancing on me like a swarm of rad roaches, spamming grenades, knowing exactly where I am even when I run to hide. It was actually a fun challenge but was abnormal from the rest of my experience in the game.

Top Bottom