• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

hydruxo

Just to be clear, no matter who I choose to work with on
The Moleculer Level
mission, it won't effect my achievement pursuit?

Correct. It's not until later on in the story when you have to choose sides and become enemies with certain factions.

Here's a good guide regarding the factions and when to save during the main questline so that you can get all the achievements.

adamy

Banned
Concentrated Fire seems OP as fuck. I'm using it with the Deliverer, which has improved V.A.T.S. hit chance and 25% less Action Point cost

the reduced AP cost lets me spam so many shots in VATS. i just aim at their head regardless of the hit chance and after a few shots i'm hitting each head shot

idk maybe this will become weaker later in the game but for now i can tear apart everything using 10mm ammo which is everywhere. if i do face something really tough i can just blow off a limb and make it easy.

also using Gunslinger with the Deliverer, which probably helps a bit too

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Concentrated Fire seems OP as fuck. I'm using it with the Deliverer, which has improved V.A.T.S. hit chance and 25% less Action Point cost

the reduced AP cost lets me spam so many shots in VATS. i just aim at their head regardless of the hit chance and after a few shots i'm hitting each head shot

idk maybe this will become weaker later in the game but for now i can tear apart everything using 10mm ammo which is everywhere. if i do face something really tough i can just blow off a limb and make it easy.

also using Gunslinger with the Deliverer, which probably helps a bit too

The second I got that Deliverer I tried it out in a few fights and saw how many hits I could squeeze into a single round of VATS even with my abysmal agility and thought "this seems like a gun that you could totally build an entire character around." but since I'd been focused on rifles and sniping all game I just put it in my workbench to collect dust.

I think I might do a tuxedo sporting, James Bond type and just roll around with a silenced Deliverer on a future playthru for sure.

also, is gun nut worth investing in or will i run into an NPC that can do the same thing for me?

2 options. Basically get enough INT to get gun nut AND some science, because you need both for high end gun mods. OR skip INT/gun nut/science completely and just strip mods off of guns that you find. This is kind of a hassle because you need to actually find the guns that have the mods you want, but as long as you don't mind not having the best gun mods (and useful things like silencers) until the end of the game when they start showing up more frequently, it's a good way to save yourself 8 perk points.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Welp just found the Saw inspired maze. Shit was messed up :lol Traps literally around every corner.
It boggles my mind that there are still major locations I haven't found after putting so much time into this.

I cleared out an entire building and now while killing the last guy I got stuck in some invisible wall and can't get out. This game is really starting to get on my nerves. Is there a command I can do to get out of this? I'm on PC

tcl

toggle clip mode

turns off collisions so you can pass through walls and floors

In regards to siding with The Institute, I feel like it was a huge missed opportunity not letting you make your own Synth companion. Even making an exact replica of your spouse would have been nice. Hopefully it's thrown in with DLC.

About Maccready, I have Dogmeat with me all the time, cause he's awesome. So I rather not send him away and recruit Maccready, but will I miss out on some cool things if just leave him there?

About Maccready, I have Dogmeat with me all the time, cause he's awesome. So I rather not send him away and recruit Maccready, but will I miss out on some cool things if just leave him there?
A really good vats perk that is currently bugged in your favor! I'm sure it will be corrected in a patch.

On Demand

Banned
Well you have to remember this is a metropolitan area surrounding Boston. Everything has to be fairly dense. If you like empty space, the Glowing Sea provides plenty of that.

As long as the distance between Lexington, Cambridge and downtown is fairly accurate, I guess they can fill it with as much content as they like.

I guess being in Boston wouldn't lend itself to open vistas, but i think they could of had a better mixture. I can't walk a few steps without seeing another building. The map tells me i'm a distance away from Diamond City, yet i can already see the skyline. That kind of took me out the game.

I don't get how that map comparison i posted above can be the right scale.

Anyone have any problems with after accessing a terminal, you get stuck and can't move or anything? PC version. All I've done is just unlock the framerate. No add ons.

I remember there being a console command in fallout 3 or new vegas that would get one unstuck from a terminal, but I don't know if it's in Fallout 4 or not. I'm trying to check and see if the same command is in the FO4 command console list to see if that can help you out in case it happens again. I know that it's almost happened to me quite a few times.

Brokun

In regards to siding with The Institute, I feel like it was a huge missed opportunity not letting you make your own Synth companion. Even making an exact replica of your spouse would have been nice. Hopefully it's thrown in with DLC.

Well there's
Valentine
and also
Curie (her companion quest makes her into a synth)

N° 2048

I turned my sniper rifle into an 50. Cal Anti-Material Rifle and it's a fucking beast!

Yo modding weapons is amazing. Makes them personal. Been rocking the same weapons for like 50 hours, just upgrading them a lot.

When I come across a better one I say bye to the old one, strip the mods, apply them to the new gun and then scrap the old.

Well there's
Valentine
and also
Curie (her companion quest makes her into a synth)

Yeah, those two including Piper are my go to companions. You can also get
X6-88(a Courser)
from The Institute.

I meant more along the lines of making a Synth companion from scratch in the character creator, or just using DNA from your
Spouse
in the Cryo-Pod to recreate them.

tcrunch

goddamn fast thread.

Anyway if anyone remembers me and my power armor issues, I found my power armor! It wasn't even in Sanctuary so I didn't have to kill everyone. I must have run out of juice while doing a quest for Preston and just left it at the place where the quest was. I found it thanks to the vid someone posted that told me you can see an icon for the armor on the map.

Oh man that moment when you go into a building and eventually get into a room that's a certain size and you just know shit is gonna do down. First it was a simple ass Mirelurk hunter and later on i was surprised at that same spot by a Mirelurk queen. Nothing these drugs in the game and the Missile Launcher can't handle though, but when the music kicks in.....oh man...lovely stuff.

This fucking game.

Oh man that moment when you go into a building and eventually get into a room that's a certain size and you just know shit is gonna do down. First it was a simple ass Mirelurk hunter and later on i was surprised at that same spot by a Mirelurk queen. Nothing these drugs in the game and the Missile Launcher can't handle though, but when the music kicks in.....oh man...lovely stuff.

This fucking game.

man mirelurk queen is no joke.... and what the hell kinda room had a mirelurk queen chillin in it?

adamy

Banned
3) yes you can. VATS can target limbs to cripple enemies and gain advantages in battle.

i was asking whether you can use stimpacks to target limbs in this game, sorry if my post was confusing

i dont think you can because stimpacks auto-fix all broken limbs?

man mirelurk queen is no joke.... and what the hell kinda room had a mirelurk queen chillin in it?

It's in
Massachusetts State House

First the Mirelurk hunter said hi and i said bye, lol. And then after clearing another room, opening a door via a terminal, a Mirelurk Queen jumped out of the water there, i went...HOLYYY SHIIIIIT! It definitely startled me, haha.

Awesome that they really reward you for killing a high level enemy too, among the loot in her was a very nice chestpiece.

For the 100 Happiness trophy, does it matter if some of the people there are companions? Or should the population be completely generic settlers? I can assign the companions to clinics but they don't all go there all the time.

Pakoe

Say you have a legendary gun that shoots two projectiles, upgrading it will not remove this, right? Because i have a combat rifle that is supposed to shoot two bullets, but i immediately upgraded it and it looks likes it just fires one.

Hahs

Say you have a legendary gun that shoots two projectiles, upgrading it will not remove this, right? Because i have a combat rifle that is supposed to shoot two bullets, but i immediately upgraded it and it looks likes it just fires one.

it will or could, but your mods (unless you sold them) are still in your inventory to access, should you decide to change your mind about an upgrade.

No. The Legendary Perk remains but upgrades can alter power. For example changing to automatic will decrease per shot damage, even more so if you have no Commando Perk points but do have Rifleman Perk points. Also Armour Penetration drops power but you gain a sizeable bonus from said penetration. Also changing caliber from .308 to .38 for example can make a big difference to power. It's fairly deep and complicated but to repeat the bonus on Legendary weapons can't be lost.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't think that legendary perk actually manifests itself as a gun shooting two physical shots. I've had a few of those, and it always appears as one shot with a sizable damage improvement over the equivalent gun without that perk. It definitely confused me at first, since I expected to see a second shot get fired.

But no, I don't think there's any real way to undo those bonus perks on legendary weapons.

Steel

Banned

Legendary modifiers are not attached to gun mods. The two bullet thing never looks like multiple projectiles, it's really just 2 projectiles in the same spot, so it's effectively double damage.

tejpis

Neo Member
The two bullet thing never looks like multiple projectiles, it's really just 2 projectiles in the same spot, so it's effectively double damage.

Wrong, you will actually see two projectiles. It's especially apparent with the Big Boy in V.A.T.S., but I've seen some double projectiles on other weapons as well. They split horizontally.

Also it's not really double damage as the second shot doesn't benefit from perks it seems.

Top Bottom