• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Beefy

It took a while for me. Longer than anyone (except Strong). I found I had to walk around with him for quite a while actively fighting raiders etc. I even wondered if getting headshots helped. Pretty sure all the "(character) idolizes you" came during combat.

I think you can change his role when he is in one of your settlements but not when they are travelling between them. No idea if this works though.

Cheers it just worried me how long it has taken. Dogmeat etc were far quicker.

sappyday

Current Status: Ballin'

LqWlPv8.jpg

Where do you find that bear suit?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's Maxson's coat. I saw him, liked the coat, and decided to take it with the help of a handful of shotgun shells.

And like gamer said above, the bear head is from the DB technical highschool on a raider.

johnsmith

remember me
Are there any quests or anything for the children of atom or should I just kill them all
There are a few friendly ones in the glowing sea. No quests that I found though. The ones in the commonwealth instantly aggro. They're basically the same as raiders or gunners.

shermas

Cheers it just worried me how long it has taken. Dogmeat etc were far quicker.

What's Dogmeat's perk? McReady's perk is so OP... he was super annoying and I'm back to just roaming with Dogmeat, but I love me that Perk... headshots for days. It kind of breaks the game, I think.

It took FOREVER to earn the perk, though, and I had trouble doing anything that he actually liked. Just had to roam around and kill lots of dudes to get him to idolize me.

What's Dogmeat's perk? McReady's perk is so OP... he was super annoying and I'm back to just roaming with Dogmeat, but I love me that Perk... headshots for days. It kind of breaks the game, I think.

It took FOREVER to earn the perk, though, and I had trouble doing anything that he actually liked. Just had to roam around and kill lots of dudes to get him to idolize me.

It literally breaks the game - it's incorrectly coded and increases your headshot percentage by 2000% instead of 20%.

MacCready seems to have become a flying Yogi!

MacCready's Perk is bugged. It gives something like 2000% accuracy instead of 20%. If you're on PC there's a mod that fixes it if you want.

Beefy

Dogmeats is the attack dog perk in the perk screen. I meant it took ages to get his 2nd quest. I have been travelling with him around 5 hours. I got Preston's after about 2 hours.

Watevaman

Ever since one Mirelurk popped out of the ground in Sanctuary, Preston and Nick can't stop commenting things that make it sound like they're in the middle of the ocean. Nick's like "I didn't bring my swimming trunks" and Preston says stupid shit such as "Lurks have a hard shell."

Man, I just want to kill em all.

N° 2048

To obtain a mongrel, one has to wander around non-populated areas such as forests around Sanctuary Hills. An injured mongrel will be encountered and the player has the option to stimpak him. The Sole Survivor will dub the mongrel Sparky and will then become a companion. However, if a companion is already present, the mongrel will glitch and not be available for recruitment.

Wait what? LOL I didn't know any of this shit.

Dogmeats is the attack dog perk in the perk screen. I meant it took ages to get his 2nd quest. I have been travelling with him around 5 hours. I got Preston's after about 2 hours.

That's the only way to get that Perk right? Using a point?

N° 2048

Happened to me. He is just standing where I stimpaked him with his toy teddy in his mouth.

In 90+ hours I've never met any other dog besides Dogmeat (except attack dogs from enemies).

This game, haha. There's something new to discover everyday.

So Bobbleheads. Do we know if some are missable? I know a few of them are in main questline areas but even if we beat the game we can go back and get them right?

sappyday

So (Diamond City related quest)
Doctor Crocker ended up dying on me because of a related quests which I forgot I had but now I can't do the surgery reconstruction anymore which is the reason I was looking for him. I read online that Doctor Sun takes over but he's stuck in the cellar repeating the same line about having to clean up the mess. I waited like 1 week ingame and he's still there. Shit is pissing me off because all I wanted to do was fix my face.

I've seen bolt-action rifles in .50 drop. They're up-modded .308's but they do drop.

Sorry, that's essentially what I meant: .50 cals do drop, but they're always modified .308s. I don't think there's any rifle with a Standard Receiver mod that takes .50 cal ammo. It doesn't really matter, though, unless someone was really jonesing for a .50 cal Powerful Receiver-equipped gun or something like that.

johnsmith

remember me
So how does earning caps with settlments works?
Just place a shop and that's it?
And assign a settler to work it. The caps show up in the misc section of your workshop. Just be aware that the gains are minuscule and you'll probably never recoup your initial investment. They're still handy to sell your loot without having to go to Diamond City though.

johnsmith

remember me
I never did that Proctor Teagan quest. I heard it can make you lose control of settlements to the BOS and lose workshop access. Teagan can go screw himself.

Calderc

I've lost my X-01 Power Armour :(

Was doing the last quest for the Railroad. Teleported in in my X-01 which apparently triggers a bug leaving you unable to do the quest, so I load up the last save which happened to be at CIT ruins. I exit my suit and teleport to the Institute and finish the quest. The quest ends and the Institute blows up along with CIT Ruins. I think Oh Shit and head to check on it. I dint remember this Ocean here, I think to myself. But I swim to the marker and there it is, my X-01 suit floating in the air where the Ruins used to be. Goddamn it.

:(

N° 2048

What have you been doing?! I got a bit bored of miscellaneous quests.

95 hours and I haven't gone past "Reunions" or started any Factions. Have only met Piper and Nick.
Turn off quest markers and you're set. SO much to explore.

The amount of lore, mini-stories, easter eggs in the world is insane.

hydruxo

I wish there was a way to repair the Mascot bear head. Kind of annoying having half of it be blown out haha. Still like it though.

psylah

Figured out you can steal the Power Armor from the hangar of the Prydwen.

Stand some distance from the armor, tell your companion (I used Cait) to get into it and run far away and go into sneak mode. They should get into it and come back to you with the armor with no detection from guards.

Just don't tell them to get out and try to get in yourself, it will be considered stealing then.

Faenix1

I've lost my X-01 Power Armour :(

Was doing the last quest for the Railroad. Teleported in in my X-01 which apparently triggers a bug leaving you unable to do the quest, so I load up the last save which happened to be at CIT ruins. I exit my suit and teleport to the Institute and finish the quest. The quest ends and the Institute blows up along with CIT Ruins. I think Oh Shit and head to check on it. I dint remember this Ocean here, I think to myself. But I swim to the marker and there it is, my X-01 suit floating in the air where the Ruins used to be. Goddamn it.

:(

On the brightside, you can easily get another set. I got X-01 + a nearly complete suit just from exploring while level 30+

televator

Figured out you can steal the Power Armor from the hangar of the Prydwen.

Stand some distance from the armor, tell your companion (I used Cait) to get into it and run far away and go into sneak mode. They should get into it and come back to you with the armor with no detection.

Just don't tell them to get out and try to get in yourself, it will be considered stealing then.

Yeah stolen armor remains marked as stolen forever. It sucks when it's armor you... Reclaimed from no good raider scum bags and gunners.

Yeah stolen armor remains marked as stolen forever. It sucks when it's armor you... Reclaimed from no good raider scum bags and gunners.
Stolen Power Armour should'nt be a problem if the original owner's nowhere near it. I took one from a group of raiders and took it back to Sanctuary and even though it says stolen no one cares if I get in it.

psylah

Stolen Power Armour should'nt be a problem if the original owner's nowhere near it. I took one from a group of raiders and took it back to Sanctuary and even though it says stolen no one cares if I get in it.

But everyone gets pissed at you if you take parts off of it / remove the core.

Except Cait. My feelings on Cait really did a 180 after doing her a big favor in the form of a quest.

Beefy

But everyone gets pissed at you if you take parts off of it / remove the core.

Except Cait. My feelings on Cait really did a 180 after doing her a big favor in the form of a quest.

Macready doesn't either. He will even steal stuff off people.

Faenix1

Oh yeah? Well I wonder what she'd think of my new shirt

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,black,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

As long as I'm at it (stealing), do the Atom Cats ever sleep? Will they get out of their armor?

I don't wanna kill these hep cats

You could probably pickpocket if you got the perk for it. Though I don't bother with that perk so I wouldn't know.

Though I usually have more than enough weapons/armour to make up for just buying a set from what's her name.

Wait what? LOL I didn't know any of this shit.

That's the only way to get that Perk right? Using a point?

Happened to me. He is just standing where I stimpaked him with his toy teddy in his mouth.

mmaaannn, I saw a guy wanting to sell a dog to me, and then when I agreed, he was like, nnnaahhhh, nevermind. So I shot em.............................cause thats how I roll.

I later saw the dog just wanting around the waste, couldnt interact with em though. Sent dogment to "investigate" em, did nothing. Wanted to see if dogment and the dog would do something or turn hostile or something, but nope.

psylah

You could probably pickpocket if you got the perk for it. Though I don't bother with that perk so I wouldn't know.

Though I usually have more than enough weapons/armour to make up for just buying a set from what's her name.

There was a suit way in the back all alone that I stole before, but just now I was able to steal the frame that Rowdy keeps up front by the guys on patrol without getting caught.

Beefy

Oh yeah? Well I wonder what she'd think of my new shirt

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,black,front-c,235,200,225,294-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

As long as I'm at it (stealing), do the Atom Cats ever sleep? Will they get out of their armor?

I don't wanna kill these hep cats

I got Macready to steal two sets of power armour off them already.

So how does earning caps with settlments works?
Just place a shop and that's it?

And assign a settler to work it. The caps show up in the misc section of your workshop. Just be aware that the gains are minuscule and you'll probably never recoup your initial investment. They're still handy to sell your loot without having to go to Diamond City though.

the REAL caps you get from settlements is when you make a shit ton of water purifiers as purified water will go to your workbench over time from each water purifier, and then you sell them shits. Become the Commonwealths version of Fallout 1's water merchants.

teach that lil shit in diamond city who the REAL water merchant is.

E3NZp.jpg

the best place is sanctuary obviously, being surrounded by a lake and all. and the good about that is that you dont need settlers for that, entirely self sufficient. You can start building that shit the moment you get out of wault 111 and clear sanctuary out, But your shit may get attacked though. Mines havent became attacked yet, but ive heard others have.

I wonder if there will ever be a lean mod for this game? I keep wanting to lean/peak around corners as I'm sneaking through buildings and it's driving me nuts.

Top Bottom