• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Is there any way to find non-active companions? I seem to have lost my buddy Nick. Sent him to Sanctuary but even after ringing the bell he's nowhere to be found.

the REAL caps you get from settlements is when you make a shit ton of water purifiers as purified water will go to your workbench over time from each water purifier, and then you sell them shits. Become the Commonwealths version of Fallout 1's water merchants.

teach that lil shit in diamond city who the REAL water merchant is.

E3NZp.jpg

the best place is sanctuary obviously, being surrounded by a lake and all. and the good about that is that you dont need settlers for that, entirely self sufficient. You can start building that shit the moment you get out of wault 111 and clear sanctuary out, But your shit may get attacked though. Mines havent became attacked yet, but ive heard others have.
lol wow how many do you have! :)

But everyone gets pissed at you if you take parts off of it / remove the core.

Except Cait. My feelings on Cait really did a 180 after doing her a big favor in the form of a quest.
Hmmm, never noticed. Talking of which I swear I've stolen stuff before and they didn't say a word and then I steal something else and they do. Seems like it's no all the time.

psylah

Don't have Piper around. She hates stealing.

Hmmm, never noticed. Talking of which I swear I've stolen stuff before and they didn't say a word and then I steal something else and they do. Seems like it's no all the time.

It just occurred to me to just strip what you need from stolen Power Armor in the middle of the night, when everyone is sleeping.

Codsworth might end up hating you but who cares what he thinks.

Don't have Piper around. She hates stealing.

Piper's the best companion in regards to ambient dialogue and I like her little impromptu interviews with random people in the wasteland.

I managed to go my entire first playthrough without stealing anything, since I exclusively used both Piper & Valentine.

malaphorically

Neo Member
Is it just me, or is the economy completely broken? I haven't been trying particularly hard to get money and I have like 15k despite buying tons of Plasma ammo. Seems way too easy to get lots of caps.

BizzyBum

Is it just me, or is the economy completely broken? I haven't been trying particularly hard to get money and I have like 15k despite buying tons of Plasma ammo. Seems way too easy to get lots of caps.

I don't even think I've spent my Caps on anything yet. I haven't found anything I needed to buy. I guess I could start buying some component shipments.

edit: only major thing I bought so far was the Diamond City house.

Faenix1

It just occurred to me to just strip what you need from stolen Power Armor in the middle of the night, when everyone is sleeping.

Codsworth might end up hating you but who cares what he thinks.

Yeah, that's what I do. The Atom Cats power armor out in the yard had two sets of everything (Minus Helmet) on it and it wasn't classed as stealing. I couldn't help but take it all.

Piper's the best companion in regards to ambient dialogue and I like her little impromptu interviews with random people in the wasteland.

I managed to go my entire first playthrough without stealing anything, since I exclusively used both Piper & Valentine.

Piper is my gal, used pretty much just her and dogmeat. Going for all the companion perks right now though, which is tedious.

Kind of like Cait too. Though I don't really steal or pickpocket.

Always been easy in a fallout game. New Vegas was even worse with that caravan(?) game. 10 hours into the game and I was loaded.

I can afford to buy 100 Shotgun shells, roughly 300-400 caps, and have enough junk on me to get those plus the 200 caps on them with a crapload of stuff to sell leftover. I have a safe filled with junk to sell just cause everyone runs out of caps so easily.

Can anyone give me a quick idea about how much bad language there is in this game? How frequent? Also are there any settings for Gore? Can I turn off or reduce blood and dismemberment?

Quonny

Well I just broke the game for myself. Found an insane Supersledge that refills your AP when you crit.

Infinite AP, neverending VATS.

Literally teleporting from enemy to enemy knocking heads off.

Yeah, the economy is damned near nonexistent because you find everything you could ever need all the time. I haven't even found a reason to create shops in my settlements yet.

Can anyone give me a quick idea about how much bad language there is in this game? How frequent? Also are there any settings for Gore? Can I turn off or reduce blood and dismemberment?
Not too much bad language. The occasional "fuck" but not frequent. Unfortunately you can't alter blood or gore.

psylah

Uh, has anyone seen what happens if you go hostile against Proctor Ingram and pop her fusion core?

She doesn't have legs, would she just use the "crippled legs" animation to attack you?

Faenix1

Yeah, the economy is damned near nonexistent because you find everything you could ever need all the time. I haven't even found a reason to create shops in my settlements yet.

I made those for easy place to buy shotgun shells and sell stuff too.

Shame the random encounter settlers are bugged, would of liked to buy some legendary gear. Can't find Legendary Sturdy Combat Armour out in the wild. :(

Well I discovered a few things today, one that if you upgrade the Deliverer(it looks like a walther PPK) through crafting and 80% damage with the single handed weapons perk tree, you can pretty much kill anything dead. It does about 77 damage but it fires really fast, and you can cue an entire Vats bar with about 8-10 shots. That said I also noticed that upgrading the .44 magnum has a similar effect but much slower but it seems to crit better out of VATS and in VATS.

I also discovered through save scumming, that you can kill all the railroad people lol.

One thing I find myself doing after doing a couple quests here and there is just to wander around and loot stuff so I can break it all down into crafting stuff and repair stuff for my power armor.

That's got to be one of the worst fucking endings I've seen in a videogame in a long, long time. Underwhelming doesn't even begin to describe it. Holy shit.

Uhhh, so am I stuck?

I am trying to pursue the Minutemen quest path but can't proceed. I finished The Inside Job and then Old Guns. Now I'm stuck doing those repeatable quests for Preston. Any ideas on how to proceed? Google didn't help me somehow.

Spinifex

Just finished the main quest. It was okay. I derive most of my enjoyment of the game from doing my own thing.

I still have so much stuff to find and explore. I never once encountered Cait or Curie in my play through for instance. The entire North East is virtually unexplored for me. Am I better off continuing playing or making a new character?

Quonny

Man, you go from unknown to late game spoiler
Director of the Institute
in about 20 minutes, no exaggeration.

You do two missions and bam, instant leader.

Chitown B

Yeah its irritating, especially with mole rats. At night I shoot one far distance from me with my silence sniper, crouched with chameleon armor. Some how the rest of the pack know were I am and burrow into the ground and pop up right underneath me :(

yeah it's broken. It works better without companions, who seem to have zero stealth.

I'm at level 46, almost 47. I have all other achieves, just going to wander around doing some quests and hit 50. Then on to Tomb Raider

Anustart

Man, left my power armor with its power cell in, came back, it was taken out of my house and chop shopped. All the parts except the helmet were gone. Good bye piezoelectric torso :(

Any ideas on how to max out my friendship with
Paladin Danse
? I have just killed the
synth courser
getting the
chip
from its corpse.
I think the next mission is
follow the freedom trail
, but I want to change my companion but not before getting his perk.
Any suggestions?

Haunted

Just did the Cambridge Polymer Lab quest. Actually pretty interesting, even if it's very short.
It's not super great, but it's one of the better ones I have encountered so far.

Cabot questline might be my favourite so far. A bit out there and not enough choices (sadly), but reading a certain someone's journal after it wrapped up was probably the best material in the game.

Sagroth

Paladin Danse
? I have just killed the
synth courser
getting the
chip
from its corpse.
follow the freedom trail
Any suggestions?

Go to your settlement. Get inside your power armor(if it doesn't work the first time, get out and back in immediately). Get out of power armor. Sleep an hour. Repeat.

However, you have to do a certain mission involving him before being able to max him out. You'll know it when it happens.

Xeteh

Wait, did a new non-beta PC patch come out?

I'm dying for the next console patch here.

Nah, nothing like that. It is just so blatantly obvious when you go from having shit accuracy in VATS to having 95 on headshots from any range.

I hope it doesn't get fixed in the next patch, it makes Very Hard very easy and very fun.

It seriously feels like I'm cheating.

Paladin Danse
? I have just killed the
synth courser
getting the
chip
from its corpse.
follow the freedom trail
Any suggestions?

To max him out you need to progress through the Brotherhood stuff (which also requires a certain amount of story progression, which you're coming up on) to open up a quest for Danse. You won't be able to max him out until that quest is completed.

Haunted

Man, left my power armor with its power cell in, came back, it was taken out of my house and chop shopped. All the parts except the helmet were gone. Good bye piezoelectric torso :(
Check the inventory of each of your human companions in the town. If a piece of armour gets damaged during fighting it is automatically transferred to the users inventory. If you didn't give Preston his own power armour, he's suspect #1.

Go to your settlement. Get inside your power armor(if it doesn't work the first time, get out and back in immediately). Get out of power armor. Sleep an hour. Repeat.

I was kind of doing this anyway, I had my original room for power armor, but it got very crowded with all the suits I have, so I built another warehouse sized room and have been occasionally moving them across. He would like it, but it's just not progressing. Im sick to death of him and want to change, but not before I get his perk.
With
piper, strong and preston
, it didn't take anywhere near as much time to get their respective perks.

To max him out you need to progress through the Brotherhood stuff (which also requires a certain amount of story progression, which you're coming up on) to open up a quest for Danse. You won't be able to max him out until that quest is completed.

What's the name of the quest?

Anustart

Check the inventory of each of your human companions in the town. If a piece of armour gets damaged during fighting it is automatically transferred to the users inventory. If you didn't give Preston his own power armour, he's suspect #1.

And to think I promoted him to assistant general. He's got some latrines to scrub next time I load the game.

ReaperXL7

Paladin Danse
? I have just killed the
synth courser
getting the
chip
from its corpse.
follow the freedom trail
Any suggestions?

pretty sure he likes it when you do the repeatable BOS quests from Scribe Haylen and Knight Rhys. Danse was easy for me since I have been siding with the Brotherhood and he likes it whenever you make choices that are pro BOS.

Cait, Mcready, Hancock are pretty easy since all you really have to do is pick locks. Mcready likes it when you steal, Hancock and Cait like it when you do drugs (though Caits position on that changes for specific reasons)

The Dance quest or the story quest?

The danse quest. I presume that needs completing to max his friendship?

pretty sure he likes it when you do the repeatable BOS quests from Scribe Haylen and Knight Rhys. Danse was easy for me since I have been siding with the Brotherhood and he likes it whenever you make choices that are pro BOS.

They are the two from the police station? Those missions just keep repeating don't they?

Xeteh

The danse quest. I presume that needs completing to max his friendship?

Its actually a Brotherhood quest, not given by Danse. To work towards getting that quest you'll have to go along with the Brotherhood in that upcoming story quest (you're given the choice between following one of the three factions). If you don't the quest won't come about.

The quest is called
Blind Betrayal
and it unlocks after doing the main story quest
The Molecular Level
(for the Brotherhood) and
Liberty Reprimed

Top Bottom