• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

johnsmith

remember me
Ok, so you can get Codsworth to join you without recruiting Preston. You just need to visit Concord, but you don't even need to even meet up with him, just the outskirts are enough, as long as you unlock it on your map. Not only that, but you can grab the minigun and the power armor by jumping over from the Church roof.

Also, fuck you too, game. Have yet to get a good legendary weapon on my survival run.
H7Ypunc.png

ReaperXL7

The danse quest. I presume that needs completing to max his friendship?

They are the two from the police station? Those missions just keep repeating don't they?

Yes but they will send you to different locations each time. You'll get some more repeatable quests for the BOS later on but only after a major event in the main quest line.

Can anyone help me with the shipment duping on PS4? I know how its supposed to be done but I just can't get it to work ever and I've been trying for days. I've literally emptied every single thing from both sanctuary and the castle trying to dupe so I can build some stuff in my massive settlement but its not working at all. I keep only one shipment of steel (or whatever) in my inventory and nothing at all in the workbench. Transfer it back and forth fast and nothing. Did it get patched and I didnt realize it? Am I doing something wrong by having a couple bobbleheads on me still and one or two quest items?

Nvm I got it. Just had to restart the game

Sagroth

Yeah all the ones you meet from random encounters are bugged, as is the junk vendor from vault 81.

I can concur with this. I keep succeeding on the check to get her(the Vault 81 gal) to work for me. She agrees, there's a pause, then she says "Yeah, like THAT'LL work" and then she stays and the quest does not finish and FUUUUUUUUUUU

NBtoaster

Fighting Deathclaws in power armor is much tougher in third person mode. Instead of that one animation where they give you a slap they have multiple animations where they toss you around.

Beefy

Is it right you can order Macready to steal off people ( even clothes etc) and they do nothing? I heard it was a bug.

Beefy

Ok, so you can get Codsworth to join you without recruiting Preston. You just need to visit Concord, but you don't even need to even meet up with him, just the outskirts are enough, as long as you unlock it on your map. Not only that, but you can grab the minigun and the power armor by jumping over from the Church roof.

Also, fuck you too, game. Have yet to get a good legendary weapon on my survival run.
H7Ypunc.png

I have a lazer rifle that does 50% more damage if the target isn't injured. May have to upload a pic of it.

Any ideas on how to max out my friendship with
Paladin Danse
? I have just killed the
synth courser
getting the
chip
from its corpse.
I think the next mission is
follow the freedom trail
, but I want to change my companion but not before getting his perk.
Any suggestions?
Go to a weapons bench and modify a weapon. You'll see that he loves it in the upper left corner. Save your game, then reload it and modify the weapon again any way you want. He'll love it again. Normally companions have a cooldown period that won't let them like something you do again for a little bit, but loading the game resets it completely. I got MacCready's perk really fast by going into random houses and stealing one thing at a time, saving and reloading the game between each theft. Didn't take very long at all.

Man, FUCK the Benevolent Leader trophy. Tried like 3 different guides and happiness won't rise above 81.
Have you tried this one? It was the first one I tried because it was so simple. Has a video guide too. Worked perfectly for me on my first go by following all instructions. Just know that after resting for 24 hours, you need to let your character idle in workshop mode until the happiness rises again which could take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes, and then you can rest again. Might want to turn on some TV or something.

Watevaman

Go to a weapons bench and modify a weapon. You'll see that he loves it in the upper left corner. Save your game, then reload it and modify the weapon again any way you want. He'll love it again. Normally companions have a cooldown period that won't let them like something that you do, but loading the game resets it completely. I got MacCready's perk really fast by going into random houses and stealing one thing at a time, saving and reloading the game between each theft. Didn't take very long at all.

Reloading the save doesn't reset their affinity meter?

edit: oops, double post

Do you have a companion with you? The enemy can still see and hear them, so they kind of get in the way of stealth.

If you stealth into a building by yourself, your basically invisible as long as you use melee or a silenced weapon.

No, I just keep getting spotted the moment I move. I'll invest some more into Sneak and get the Ballistic Weave mod for my gear so I can wear regular clothes. Wearing some Synth armor now, which shouldn't make too much noise, but still.

I have done everything really with my main character.

I just need 100% happiness and find the the last few locations. Looked on an old save. I deleted the save from before the divergence to Brotherhood of steel meaning i can't run through for institute and Railroad endings/achievements.

Decided I would make a new character. Have idiot savant and go through the quests quickly. I spent time creating the look I like the character more than my main one. I sense another "I need to do everything with this character again"

Been great so far on my second okay through, knowing how to use the work bench for weapons early on is a big help

Well, beat it.
That ending sucked. Where's my slideshow of the longreaching effects of my presence?

Also, they successfully destroyed all of my nostalgia for 'War. War never changes.'

I think it's time to murder everyone in the commonwealth.

Quonny

Well, because of either a stupid bug or a stupid choice, no platinum. Trying to turn in the holotape to Ingram for Outside the Wire but all she says is that I need to get on the Vertbird, making it impossible to complete the quest.

Such a shitty way to end my time with this game. Sigh.

Grisby

So, being a Fallout game and all, I know the various factions will probably butt heads at some point.

However, can I still take things pretty far down the MM, BOS, and Railroad questlines?
Ok, if you had to choose between the Xbox One and PS4 version, which one and why? Leaning towards PS4.
I believe a digital foundry article explained that the X1 version can hit 0 fps at points, like a stutter or something.

However, I'm playing the PS4 copy and man, it's no picnic. It runs like ass in a lot of places.

So, being a Fallout game and all, I know the various factions will probably butt heads at some point.

However, can I still take things pretty far down the MM, BOS, and Railroad questlines?

I believe a digital foundry article explained that the X1 version can hit 0 fps at points, like a stutter or something.

However, I'm playing the PS4 copy and man, it's no picnic. It runs like ass in a lot of places.

At the end of the game there was a 10 second period where it was literally a slideshow for me.. super crazy.

Liljagare

Yes, almost all to the endings. If you do them in proper order, there is a list buried in this thread, did not bookmark.. :(

It's all dependent on your game and your save. I've never had drops to 0fps in the location where DF showed it, but I've had some occasional hangups in other locations. I've heard of players on both PS4 and Xbone experiencing the same thing on other locations.

So just go for the version you want the controller and achievements/trophies for. There really is no difference.

Yes, almost all to the endings. If you do them in proper order, there is a list buried in this thread, did not bookmark.. :(

This one?

Well, because of either a stupid bug or a stupid choice, no platinum. Trying to turn in the holotape to Ingram for Outside the Wire but all she says is that I need to get on the Vertbird, making it impossible to complete the quest.

Such a shitty way to end my time with this game. Sigh.

She already on the Vertibird? Would finishing Mass Fusion first and thén giving her the holotape work?

Yeah all the ones you meet from random encounters are bugged, as is the junk vendor from vault 81.

All the vendors ive ran into so far thats recruitable, have made it to my settlements successfully. I got three level 4 merchants at my settlement so far. And one from vault 81. But theres three vendors from vault 81 according to an online guide ive read, so im not sure which one your talking about. I dont even know who the other two 81 vendors are.

Kerned

Banned
At the end of the game there was a 10 second period where it was literally a slideshow for me.. super crazy.

There were some times on PS4 when I was seeing single-digit frame rates. One time it dropped to about 1 FPS for about 20 seconds for no obvious reason. No enemies around, no action, just me and a companion in an interior space. I thought for sure the game was going to crash but then it spontaneously recovered.

Anustart

Glowing sea stuff, guess could be a spoiler to some around here.

1 radx is fine for the glowing sea. Sad, I though it was going to be this amazing place based off reaction of others. A single yellow barrel is worse than the entirety of the sea.

Yo so like whats up with the glowing sea? I assumed there would be a lot of cool shit there but theres really not. Found like 2 power armors(incomplete t 40 and a complete raider armor) and thats it, no npcs (besides the atom that do shit) or quests. Hell, there arent a lot of non faction quests in the game all around.

RowdyReverb

I'm so glad I got rank 2 Scrapper. Now I get fiber optics and crystals from scrapping laser rifles
Yo so like whats up with the glowing sea? I assumed there would be a lot of cool shit there but theres really not. Found like 2 power armors(incomplete t 40 and a complete raider armor) and thats it, no npcs (besides the atom that do shit) or quests. Hell, there arent a lot of non faction quests in the game all around.
Because the atmosphere there is amazing and there are interesting places to explore
Screenshot-Original.png

I also loved sneaking around and avoiding/observing the enemies in the area

Anustart

Yeah I dunno. Place is ugly, boring and a let down.

Trickster

I'm so glad I got rank 2 Scrapper. Now I get fiber optics and crystals from scrapping laser rifles

Because the atmosphere there is amazing and there are interesting places to explore

I also loved sneaking around and avoiding/observing the enemies in the area

I agree that the area is very atmospheric and cool looking. But it isn't really that interesting to explore, there's a couple of places of interest, but the rest are really rather pointless. When I first discovered the glowing sea, I was super excited because I figured it would have a bunch of super cool places to find, but for the most part, there isn't. I mean, how could you create that area, and then not place a messed up vault somewhere in it?

Also, sneaking around and observing big mosquitos and death claws really ain't that interesting just because it's in the glowing sea, it's not like the do anything interesting.

Starfield

Give them food, security, a few generators, beds and then start exploring. That's what I did.

well I ended up with this: http://imgur.com/a/ifBeL

I'm still decorating all the interiors/exteriors. Not finished yet. Already working on it since a week.

Right now it features over 12 new buildings, a bar/restaurant, a wash room for the entire settlement, some stores, a generator/tools room and lots more to come (farms, defensive stations, my own home, etc.. )

Chitown B

H7Ypunc.png

LOL. 50% of zero damage?

Vex_

Banned

H7Ypunc.png

Trololol.

Finally investing level ups in energy weapons. Got enough INT for science perks. Sometimes I think the whole SPECIAL point system would be a lot more meaningful if you couldn't train your skills using level ups, but instead worked more like FO3/NV where only a few things could actually increase SPECIAL. My character is with the Brotherhood of Steel so I guess it's paying off in a strictly roleplaying sense.

Sometimes I think the whole SPECIAL point system would be a lot more meaningful if you couldn't train your skills using level ups, but instead worked more like FO3/NV where only a few things could actually increase SPECIAL.

You mean the games with the Intense Training perk that increased SPECIAL on level up exactly like it happens in 4?

Truant

Finally investing level ups in energy weapons. Got enough INT for science perks. Sometimes I think the whole SPECIAL point system would be a lot more meaningful if you couldn't train your skills using level ups, but instead worked more like FO3/NV where only a few things could actually increase SPECIAL. My character is with the Brotherhood of Steel so I guess it's paying off in a strictly roleplaying sense.

This is a huge problem with the entire core design of the game. Where as the previous Fallout games - NV more so than F3 - was designed around multiple playthroughs and actual character roleplaying, F4 is more of an action adventure game where you're meant to see and do everything in one playthrough.

Grisby

In downtown Boston and yeesh.
Cool.
It's all dependent on your game and your save. I've never had drops to 0fps in the location where DF showed it, but I've had some occasional hangups in other locations. I've heard of players on both PS4 and Xbone experiencing the same thing on other locations.

So just go for the version you want the controller and achievements/trophies for. There really is no difference.

This one?
I imagine its bad on both consoles. I would agree that the guy should get whichever version he prefers.

Thanks for the quest link.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
You mean the games with the Intense Training perk that increased SPECIAL on level up exactly like it happens in 4?

You mean the games where there was a level cap, and choosing to level your special vs selecting a perk mattered quite a bit more?

IMO they should have kept more of the FO3/NV point limit and not let you increase it save for a few circumstances, instead of the 4-across the board average with the faster leveling and no cap.

You mean the games where there was a level cap, and choosing to level your special vs selecting a perk mattered quite a bit more?

IMO they should have kept more of the FO3/NV point limit and not let you increase it save for a few circumstances, instead of the 4-across the board average with the faster leveling and no cap.

The games that gave you many more SPECIAL points to start with so you didn't need to focus on increasing it as much, yes, it's as you say.

Kas

So, I'm at
The Molecular Level, and I haven't even started the minutemen questline and I don't really like any of the factions I see, aside from seeing what thr Institute stands for and if I can join them.

I haven't really done much for any facton except get the Brotherhood a few tons of nukes and that's really it. Can't even turn in a quest to Danse because the asshat wants to run with me.

johnsmith

remember me
All the vendors ive ran into so far thats recruitable, have made it to my settlements successfully. I got three level 4 merchants at my settlement so far. And one from vault 81. But theres three vendors from vault 81 according to an online guide ive read, so im not sure which one your talking about. I dont even know who the other two 81 vendors are.
The husband of the junk store lady. Nobody can figure out how to get his wife to leave him and have him join you. He's the only vendor you can recruit in Vault 81.

If you were able to get the scribe and smiling Larry into a settlement without console commands you are extremely lucky. Most people say they never show up.

N° 2048

I make sure I follow anyone I send to anywhere. Yes they walk slow but it insures I won't run into that bug.

Doing that until they patch the bugs.

Top Bottom