• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

CloudWolf

Yo so like whats up with the glowing sea? I assumed there would be a lot of cool shit there but theres really not. Found like 2 power armors(incomplete t 40 and a complete raider armor) and thats it, no npcs (besides the atom that do shit) or quests. Hell, there arent a lot of non faction quests in the game all around.

I fought a Glowing Deathclaw, but overall there isn't much to see/do.

Watevaman

Is there anybody that stocks a T-45 helmet? Looking to complete my set but I think I'm too high a level to find one on the sets in the wild.

Chitown B

companion angered..... question

I accidentally made ZI-14 angry, I think I accidentally shot him during a firefight. Now he shoots me on sight. I can't kill him either.

Anyone come across this?

Chitown B

Railroad Ending glitch?

OK seriously how do I get off the fucking roof at the end? The elevator doesn't work with the ID card and "Fast travel is not currently available from this location"

I accidentally shot ZI-14 and now he's hostile to me - is that the problem? Am I completely fucked?

I can't, I'm at the very end of the Railroad ending at
The top of the Mass Fusion building (area). I can't fast travel for some reason and he keeps hunting me every time he sees me.

You talking about
the Courser companion
?
He's loyal to the Institute, so once you fully commit to the Railroad he's gonna want you dead.

Railroad Ending glitch?

OK seriously how do I get off the fucking roof at the end? The elevator doesn't work with the ID card and "Fast travel is not currently available from this location"

I accidentally shot ZI-14 and now he's hostile to me - is that the problem? Am I completely fucked?

I didn't even know
Mass Fusion
was an option for the Railroad, and I've finished the game with them.

Also, there's no companion with that name, is there? You talking about X6-88?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fallout 4 difficulty question, I want to be able to explore and not be either a god right away or a fly that a human can kill in two shots (Compared to my 10), what difficulty would you folks recommend?

I want sort of realistic wherein I cant just do what I like, but if I do something sensible I shouldnt be punished unduly because the enemies are unapproachable.

Morts

Alright, I'm doing the Underground Undercover quest and
I have to either warn or kill Desdemona. Except there's no option to warn her. She just doesn't her canned dialog over and over. Is this fucked or am I missing something?

Xeteh

Alright, I'm doing the Underground Undercover quest and
I have to either warn or kill Desdemona. Except there's no option to kill her. She just doesn't her canned dialog over and over. Is this fucked or am I missing something?

You... just shoot her if that is the route you want to take.

Fallout 4 difficulty question, I want to be able to explore and not be either a god right away or a fly that a human can kill in two shots (Compared to my 10), what difficulty would you folks recommend?

I want sort of realistic wherein I cant just do what I like, but if I do something sensible I shouldnt be punished unduly because the enemies are unapproachable.

I would go with easy then. Not kidding. Even on normal you can get killed in a second if you go the wrong place or step on a mine. Especially explosions will kill you instantly

Morts

You... just shoot her if that is the route you want to take.

Sorry, I meant
there's no option to warn her. I can't even start a proper dialog with her. It seems like killing her is the only way I can progress, but I did all that undercover work...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I would go with easy then. Not kidding. Even on normal you can get killed in a second if you go the wrong place or step on a mine. Especially explosions will kill you instantly

I have always found normal in Beth RPG's to be a bit of a joke, perhaps this is different but Survival mode seems so far off the deepend and I dont particularly want to ease through like I do most times on normal.

Xeteh

Sorry, I meant
there's no option to warn her. I can't even start a proper dialog with her. It seems like killing her is the only way I can progress, but I did all that undercover work...

If there's fighting going on around still I don't think you can. If you clear everything out you should be able to talk to her. If not try reloading a previous save.

Steejee

Finished Minutemen ending, not the deepest but in some ways it's the most logical.

Though the way it played out seemed very...abrupt. I had to laugh at the way they killed the BoS - 'Build five Artillery, and we'll blow up their airship from anywhere on the map about 30 seconds later'. After the BoS and Institute endings, where beating the other factions felt like a huge war effort was required, the Minutemen swimming into the Institute and nuking it, then just bombing the BoS out of the sky was almost like them going 'Where's your fancy pants tech now?'

The ensuing BoS assault on Castle didn't go well for them:
5NJrBuf.jpg

I don't think I fired a single shot that battle.

I had most of my settlers/minutemen armed with Institute or Plasma gear, and all the Minutemen/Guards had Courser or Railroad outfits. They demolished anyone that reached the ground alive if the turrets didn't get them first.

Morts

If there's fighting going on around still I don't think you can. If you clear everything out you should be able to talk to her. If not try reloading a previous save.

There's never
been any fighting in Railroad HQ, is there a way to trigger that?

Chitown B

You talking about
the Courser companion
?
He's loyal to the Institute, so once you fully commit to the Railroad he's gonna want you dead.

I didn't even know
Mass Fusion
was an option for the Railroad, and I've finished the game with them.

Also, there's no companion with that name, is there? You talking about X6-88?

ZI-14 is the synth who helps you get weapons into the Institute, etc - he's the spy. He helps with the battle to kill the Institute. I don't think he's actually a Companion - but he can't be killed, and he's hostile to me.

When you teleport out of the Institute with the Railroad in order to hit the button for the bomb, you're on top of the Mass Fusion building. I have no idea how to get down from there for some reason. I hope it's just a brain fart.

edit: this person has the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3ueoz9/stuck_on_roof_of_mass_fusion_building/

Steejee

ZI-14 is the synth who helps you get weapons into the Institute, etc - he's the spy. He helps with the battle to kill the Institute. I don't think he's actually a Companion - but he can't be killed, and he's hostile to me.

When you teleport out of the Institute with the Railroad in order to hit the button for the bomb, you're on top of the Mass Fusion building. I have no idea how to get down from there for some reason. I hope it's just a brain fart.

I fast traveled just fine from there. Can you go inside and get down that way? Might have to do some creative jumping alternatively.

Spinifex

I just jumped off in power armor. But I'm pretty sure you could just fast travel.

Xeteh

There's never
been any fighting in Railroad HQ, is there a way to trigger that?

iirc the time I had to go to
kill/warn Des happened when some Brotherhood members attacked the HQ. Its been a while so I can't quite remember how it went.

Is there no other
Railroad/Institute
quests for you to do?
Underground Operation feels like it goes on forever, you should absolutely be able to warn Des and have a short dialogue about it.

Xeteh

How are people liking this game after the dust has settled?

Its right there for Skyrim for me. I'm going to pour a ton of time in to it, I enjoy playing it but overall it is a pretty average game. Writing is bad, combat is nothing special and I wish certain bits of world progression weren't tied to the main story. They give you an awesome world but it is entirely up to you to find out how to have fun with it. Its a wide open world with the depth of a puddle.

edit: this person has the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3ueoz9/stuck_on_roof_of_mass_fusion_building/

Huh, weird. Yeah, that's definitely a glitch then. I think it's supposed to fade to the ending movie afterwards.

Morts

iirc the time I had to go to
kill/warn Des happened when some Brotherhood members attacked the HQ. Its been a while so I can't quite remember how it went.

Is there no other
Railroad/Institute
quests for you to do?
Underground Operation feels like it goes on forever, you should absolutely be able to warn Des and have a short dialogue about it.

I only have the endless
MILA and supply cache quests for the railroad. Did I maybe screw up by telling her that the Institute ordered me to kill her? I also told her I wasn't going to but I never got the option to warn her about the Brotherhood.

Xeteh

I only have the endless
MILA and supply cache quests for the railroad. Did I maybe screw up by telling her that the Institute ordered me to kill her? I also told her I wasn't going to but I never got the option to warn her about the Brotherhood.

That's weird... I'm not really sure. Sorry man.

Lanrutcon

As an open world shooter, it's fucking amazing.

As an open world rpg? bare bones, shallow and straight up lazy on several fronts.

If people can't tell: I just finished the main story line. Yikes.

I don't know who to side with between the big 3. They're all bad and not good. I think with the way Abby is, she would side with the minuteman. The first people she met, the ones who gave her a home, and the ones who made a woman their leader.

How did you guys come to your conclusion before save scumming lol which I will do too before fully committing with one faction.

CeeSaw

Sorry, I meant

Happened to me. Finish up other quests that you have for the railroad and eventually you will be able to move on.

Steejee

I don't know who to side with between the big 3. They're all bad and not good. I think with the way Abby is, she would side with the minuteman. The first people she met, the ones who gave her a home, and the ones who made a woman their leader.

How did you guys come to your conclusion before save scumming lol which I will do too before fully committing with one faction.

I did all of them for the endings, but really you can tell long before the points of no return for each faction if you can go with their ideology or not.

One of my biggest gripes with the
Institute
faction line is that there's about a billion things you should be asking them before you join up, but it's all just ignored and glossed over. BoS make their genocide-everything-not-human stance pretty clear, and the Minutemen are a straightforward local friendly militia type - I don't recall them doing anything remotely evil, or even that dark-side-of-grey.

N° 2048

Best game I've played in years. 95 hours in and I just want to do more and more. Already planning my next play throughs.

I don't even have the PC version yet either rofl (mods!)

This game trumps pretty much any game that came out post-Fallout 3/NV for me.

Lanrutcon

I did all of them for the endings, but really you can tell long before the points of no return for each faction if you can go with their ideology or not.

One of my biggest gripes with the
Institute
faction line is that there's about a billion things you should be asking them before you join up, but it's all just ignored and glossed over. BoS make their genocide-everything-not-human stance pretty clear, and the Minutemen are a straightforward local friendly militia type - I don't recall them doing anything remotely evil, or even that dark-side-of-grey.

That fucking dialogue section when you meet the institute. Fucking hell, Bethesda. There are like, 30 pertinent things that you want to ask and the presented dialogue options amount to 'no no we just have a bad reputation JOIN JOIN JOIN'. You can tell how much thought they'd given that conversation (read: none) from the way you can't call the Institute out on ANYTHING.

I replied with my 12 gauge.

Best game I've played in years. 95 hours in and I just want to do more and more. Already planning my next play throughs.

I don't even have the PC version yet either rofl (mods!)

This game trumps pretty much any game that came out post-Fallout 3/NV for me.

Pretty much this for me. I don't think I'd rate it as high as Skyrim, after all is said and done, but it's up there.

CloudWolf

I enjoy it for the exploration and the crafting/customization, but hate it for the streamlining of content, writing and the dialogue system. In the end I think the game is merely okay, not anywhere near best game of the year, but fun for a while.

I just made a second character and bumped all his SPECIAL stats to 10 by using the duplication exploit so I don't have to worry about how much the RPG aspects of Fallout were ruined and just have my post-apocalyptic funtime.

I know one thing and that's that if you don't want an ending that comes out of fucking nowhere and is basically the most anticlimactic thing ever, don't go for
The Institute

nope

this is what happens every time I try to start the save again and go into the teleporter:

Might wanna tag that with ending spoilers, just in case.

That is weird as hell, though.
You can't talk to Desdemona while he's down?

At this point I'd suggest reverting to a save before you started the mission. Clearly something went terribly, terribly wrong.

bobawesome

I enjoy it for the exploration and the crafting/customization, but hate it for the streamlining of content, writing and the dialogue system. In the end I think the game is merely okay, not anywhere near best game of the year, but fun for a while.

I just made a second character and bumped all his SPECIAL stats to 10 by using the duplication exploit so I don't have to worry about how much the RPG aspects of Fallout were ruined and just have my post-apocalyptic funtime.

I know one thing and that's that if you don't want an ending that comes out of fucking nowhere and is basically the most anticlimactic thing ever, don't go for
The Institute

Oh, so is it really just that ending that's absolutely terrible? I assumed they would all be like that.

Top Bottom