• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Got my castle settlement up to 97 was about one clinic away from 100 and the castle got attacked, now a few of them aren't properly assigned and it's dropped to 95. Given how many bottlecaps I've put in I'm a little frustrated. Oh well.

Also a bit of advice if you are going to leave power armour in your settlements, remove the fusion cores. One of the settlers got in one set at the castle during the attack and Nick has got into one set at Sanctuary. I have to try and pickpocket it without peeing anyone off.

MacCreadies perk is so OP headshots for days now :)

Plasma

Banned
So I did the B
attle of Bunker Hill
quest... but I don't think it was working right because none of the factions were hostile to me even though I was pretty openly killing some of them. Even weirder, when I went back to the basement everyone just spontaneously dropped dead.

EDIT: Okay, so looking at some posts on Reddit, this is pretty much how the quest is supposed to go if you haven't pissed off any factions. That's just really stupid.

Yep I had the same thing. If you're doing the Railroad quest line
just ignore everyone and run straight to the objective marker and talk to the synths first before you kill the corser. Once you tell them you're there to help them the corser following you will turn hostile and then you can kill it and finish the quest. I kept having problems with that quest because I would kill it where you meet up with it and then the synths wouldn't talk to me.

Yep I had the same thing. If you're doing the Railroad quest line
just ignore everyone and run straight to the objective marker and talk to the synths first before you kill the corser. Once you tell them you're there to help them the corser following you will turn hostile and then you can kill it and finish the quest. I kept having problems with that quest because I would kill it where you meet up with it and then the synths wouldn't talk to me.

It seemed to resolve alright once I talked to
Father.

I was starting to get owned with my old weapons until I found a laser rifle that does double damage on full hp, when combined with sneak boom headshot lol. I also found this sick gauss rifle that does almost 400 damage. Ammo is scarce but it gets me out of trouble at least =p I'm like 100+ hrs in and finally got the quest to find Nick, I get sidetracked by everything lmao!

Also Piper is awesome, some of the stuff she says is great and she loves my lockpicking skills ftw!

I'm having so much fun exploring and hoarding stuff, and building a shed for my power armor >.< sure most are missing parts but still haha

CloudWolf

So I did the B
attle of Bunker Hill
quest... but I don't think it was working right because none of the factions were hostile to me even though I was pretty openly killing some of them. Even weirder, when I went back to the basement everyone just spontaneously dropped dead.

EDIT: Okay, so looking at some posts on Reddit, this is pretty much how the quest is supposed to go if you haven't pissed off any factions. That's just really stupid.
Yeah, that's intended and it's weird as fuck. I've seen someone in an article praise that mission and the fact that you're in the middle of a big battle with nobody firing on you because you "haven't picked a side yet". I call it fucking stupid since you can literally kill everyone in that mission without consequences.

That quest is weird as fuck anyway.
You get the option to warm The Railroad and the Brotherhood of Steel, yet they still both show up in force as soon as you get to Bunker Hill, making the option to warn them completely useless. And even worse, Father starts questioning you about the appearance of the Brotherhood of Steel and accusing you of shit even though they show up no matter what.

Also, I killed that Courser by shooting him in the back as soon as the mission started and my journal said "Report to Father". I'm pretty sure I would've been able to skip pretty much the entire quest.

onken

I finished the main story and have basically no other quests to do except the never ending ones. 60 hours at level 45. Any good resource for must see additional quests?

Question about the Institute quite far in:

How am I supposed to actually attack the airship of the BoS? I'm beaming in, get a lot of damage, try out the beacons and nothing happens. I'm just grinding through ammunition and enemies..

Steejee

Question about the Institute quite far in:

How am I supposed to actually attack the airship of the BoS? I'm beaming in, get a lot of damage, try out the beacons and nothing happens. I'm just grinding through ammunition and enemies..

You have to destroy the three inhibitor things in the hanger. They're all upstairs in the building behind Prime. The Institute grenades don't really work until you remove those. Oddly enough, if you have the other type of Institute Grenades (that summon Gen 1 Synths) those will work just fine inside, even though they shouldn't.

Once the Inhibitors are gone you'll be able to move on to the next phase.

Managed to burn out my resources on my Castle build, not feeling too inclined to gather a giant pile of mats, so I may just flip on some cheats at this point to give me the mats I need, just so that I can build.

Yeah, that's intended and it's weird as fuck. I've seen someone in an article praise that mission and the fact that you're in the middle of a big battle with nobody firing on you because you "haven't picked a side yet". I call it fucking stupid since you can literally kill everyone in that mission without consequences.

You get the option to warm The Railroad and the Brotherhood of Steel, yet they still both show up in force as soon as you get to Bunker Hill, making the option to warn them completely useless. And even worse, Father starts questioning you about the appearance of the Brotherhood of Steel and accusing you of shit even though they show up no matter what.

Also, I killed that Courser by shooting him in the back as soon as the mission started and my journal said "Report to Father". I'm pretty sure I would've been able to skip pretty much the entire quest.
Yup to get Power Armour

Chitown B

So I did the B
attle of Bunker Hill

yeah same thing happened for me. I just ran around watching them all kill each other and no one bothered me.

Yeah there are a lot of broken things in the game like this, but other than temporarily make him invulnerable to you, I don't see another way around it.

I also had a weird moment when I was good with the
Institute, and needed to pick up a dead drop for the Railroad which sent me to clear out a building - I killed all the mirelurks and only had friendly Institute robots left. The quest wouldn't complete, and then I found out I had to kill all the "blue" robots too in order to clear out the area, and they didn't turn hostile to me as I was killing them. It's very inelegant

You have to destroy the three inhibitor things in the hanger. They're all upstairs in the building behind Prime. The Institute grenades don't really work until you remove those. Oddly enough, if you have the other type of Institute Grenades (that summon Gen 1 Synths) those will work just fine inside, even though they shouldn't.

Once the Inhibitors are gone you'll be able to move on to the next phase.

Managed to burn out my resources on my Castle build, not feeling too inclined to gather a giant pile of mats, so I may just flip on some cheats at this point to give me the mats I need, just so that I can build.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Chitown B

I guess my reaction to the ending was... "was that the ending?"

what_i_expected_arrested_development.gif

CloudWolf

Yeah there are a lot of broken things in the game like this, but other than temporarily make him invulnerable to you, I don't see another way around it.

Institute, and needed to pick up a dead drop for the Railroad which sent me to clear out a building - I killed all the mirelurks and only had friendly Institute robots left. The quest wouldn't complete, and then I found out I had to kill all the "blue" robots too in order to clear out the area, and they didn't turn hostile to me as I was killing them. It's very inelegant

I really don't get why they didn't just copy the faction reputation system from New Vegas. It would've made stuff like this a hell of a lot less weird.

CloudWolf

Can someone recommend a good stealthy/sniper starting build?

I'm planning to replay on Survivor! :O
Don't try to start as a sniper. You'll be seriously underpowered for most of the game since the good sniper and stealth perks only become useful from level 30.

But if you really want to, make sure your perception is 8 (so you can up it to 9 with the Bobblehead when you meet Garvey), your Agility 6 and your Intelligence 4 (Gun Nut).

Are companions bringing up their "idolized" conversation with you everytime you talk to them while not recruited if you chose not to romance them a bug, or are they that desperate to get out of the friendzone? Maccready, Garvey and Danse keep bringing up the conversation, and it keeps showing the romance option, as if Bethesda really wants me to change my mind.

So I did the B
attle of Bunker Hill

It's a problem since they didn't put in a karma system in the game. You can go around murdering ppl on your faction and getting xp and they wont fight you back. Only thing that makes factions hostile to you is if you go with another faction in certain quests.

Has anyone ran into this weird bug (I assume its a bug at least?) where the game says I have 0 Gear but when I look in my inventory under Junk it shows I have 14? I want to build a generator/radio tower in my new town but it shows 0 Gear when I try to build them...

Watevaman

Has anyone ran into this weird bug (I assume its a bug at least?) where the game says I have 0 Gear but when I look in my inventory under Junk it shows I have 14? I want to build a generator/radio tower in my new town but it shows 0 Gear when I try to build them...

I don't know if it matters but have you tried transferring the junk to the workshop?

CloudWolf

It's a problem since they didn't put in a karma system in the game. You can go around murdering ppl on your faction and getting xp and they wont fight you back. Only thing that makes factions hostile to you is if you go with another faction in certain quests.
They didn't even need to put a karma system in, just the reputation system from New Vegas would've been enough.

You need to put it in the workshop. You can't build stuff from your inventory unless it's weapons/armor customization.

v0mitg0d

Don't try to start as a sniper. You'll be seriously underpowered for most of the game since the good sniper and stealth perks only become useful from level 30.

But if you really want to, make sure your perception is 8 (so you can up it to 9 with the Bobblehead when you meet Garvey), your Agility 6 and your Intelligence 4 (Gun Nut).

So bad idea to do survival too?

Dazzler

Lack of a "see everything on the map" perk is a massive bummer

I just finished the main storyline and want to mess around now

Watevaman

Lack of a "see everything on the map" perk is a massive bummer

I just finished the main storyline and want to mess around now

Just explore. Even in the old games, you still couldn't fast travel to those locations.

I'm currently gathering some magazines before I continue with the main quest and all I'm doing is going around to different locations, clearing them out, then double checking the wiki to see if I missed anything.

v0mitg0d

Mwah, Survival is not much harder than Very Hard (which means, not very hard in general), but maybe it's not such a great idea if you're hoping to sneak your way through with minimal armor.

Why an 8 in Perception and only 4 in Inelligence? Wouldn't a higher I mean fatter leveling and more AP?

CloudWolf

Why an 8 in Perception and only 4 in Inelligence? Wouldn't a higher I mean fatter leveling and more AP?

Perception is really important for sniping since it increases your accuracy. I said 8 because you can find the perception bobblehead in the building where you first meet Preston which ups it to 9, which is needed for an essential sniper perk, and this way you keep an additional SPECIAL point for the beginning. The perk you can get at 10 perception is pretty strong too, but it's not essential (since you'll be building a character that mostly kills things in one or two shots anyway).

I chose only 4 in Intelligence because it's way more lucrative to put leftover SPECIAL points into Luck for the Idiot Savant perk, but you need at least 4 intelligence to access Gun Nut, which in turn allows you to make your own sniper rifle since finding one is rare. AP is handled through Agility and not Intelligence.

That's a bummer because I had moments like that too but they always turned hostile once I started attacking. Moments like those were the few parts of the main quest I legitimately enjoyed because it felt like an actual betrayal on my part and gave it a cool double agent feel.

v0mitg0d

Perception is really important for sniping since it increases your accuracy. I said 8 because you can find the perception bobblehead in the building where you first meet Preston which ups it to 9, which is needed for an essential sniper perk, and this way you keep an additional SPECIAL point for the beginning. The perk you can get at 10 perception is pretty strong too, but it's not essential (since you'll be building a character that mostly kills things in one or two shots anyway).

I chose only 4 in Intelligence because it's way more lucrative to put leftover SPECIAL points into Luck for the Idiot Savant perk, but you need at least 4 intelligence to access Gun Nut, which in turn allows you to make your own sniper rifle since finding one is rare. AP is handled through Agility and not Intelligence.

I see, thanks for the explanation! :)

todahawk

Ran into a game breaking bug at the end of the game. Had to backtrack and dig up an old save. Lovely that I couldn't finish the game down the path I wanted.

Evil Beaver

So I made the
Vault Tech rep
a provisioner by accident in between The Castle and Sanctuary Hills and now I can't find the dude so he can run my shops.

todahawk

Yep, that was my first thought while listening to him talk, too.
It is a bit fun having what sounds like George Clooney tell you to stop picking up items and that they're going to weigh you down... Not nearly as annoying as Marcy Long in Sanctuary though. Or Preston hammering on the house.

Krakn3Dfx

Beta Update 1.2.37 out on PC.

New Features
General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games. Please give us feedback at our beta forums[forums.bethsoft.com]

To get the beta, you need to do the following:

1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.

zerotol

Banned
Out of curiosity, what happens if you kill the Diamond City radio dj? Does someone else take over as dj?

I've done the Confidence Man quest, so I know about that.

Grisby

You know, the visual style of Fallout really reminds me of Resistance 3. The color palettes, the outfits, etc. One of my favorite visual styles in gaming. Long live the Railroad.

Aaahhhh, trying to get Nick's affinity up so I can bring along another companion. Taking forever since I'm not a big hacker.

You know, the visual style of Fallout really reminds me of Resistance 3. The color palettes, the outfits, etc. One of my favorite visual styles in gaming. Long live the Railroad.

Aaahhhh, trying to get Nick's affinity up so I can bring along another companion. Taking forever since I'm not a big hacker.
He's a nice guy, do nice things.

It is bad if I send my compainions to my main base (Sanctuary)? I dont think they counts as population but I barely see them doing stuff.

Anyway, how do you power up a full house? I tried to put a Swtich but only lights up a single light and the rest is pure darkness.

Curie rulz

Top Bottom