• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

zerotol

Banned
It is bad if I send my compainions to my main base (Sanctuary)? I dont think they counts as population but I barely see them doing stuff.

Anyway, how do you power up a full house? I tried to put a Swtich but only lights up a single light and the rest is pure darkness.

Curie rulz

I had/have similar problems. I put generators all around the outside of the house. Someone said to put the wired connectors on the roof to power all lights. The game does a piss poor job of explaining this stuff IMO

It is bad if I send my compainions to my main base (Sanctuary)? I dont think they counts as population but I barely see them doing stuff.

Anyway, how do you power up a full house? I tried to put a Swtich but only lights up a single light and the rest is pure darkness.

Curie rulz

There are other power relays/connectors you need to attach to walls to power lights, they only work in a certain radius of these relays, i have found. you can attach these to the outside of a building and they will power lights on the inside.

That's how i think it works anyway, sometimes it's sketchy. I have lights in my Castle that won't power on regardless.

I'm not 100% sure about it but i think you need the little power conduits along the walls to light different parts of the house. They are the little wire connectors that point up, straight out or down, seen here-

E7bRQ.jpg

In Sanctuary, I wired up these conduits at the top of the houses, so you dont have to see as much wire hanging everywhere. Putting one on each corner of the house will wire the whole house.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way.

psylah

I had an incident at Spectacle Island. I had the usual quest saying to help defend Spectacle Island, and when I went there, there was one settler who attacked me (they were a synth in disguise) and after her, no one else. No combat whatsoever. So I leave.

When I arrive at my next destination (it as nighttime by then) I get the notification saying the mission to protect Spectacle Island had failed. So I reload the last save from when I arrived at the island.

Then I waited. I waited the entire night, in actual game time (building stuff). Technically the island was still under attack, but there was no combat anywhere. The next MORNING I fast travel from the island, and it gives me the same quest failure.

What the hell was going on? If the first time I traveled and it was night time when it failed, staying there til the next day should have let me see the event that caused me to fail it.

I had/have similar problems. I put generators all around the outside of the house. Someone said to put the wired connectors on the roof to power all lights. The game does a piss poor job of explaining this stuff IMO

There are other power relays/connectors you need to attach to walls to power lights, they only work in a certain radius of these relays, i have found. you can attach these to the outside of a building and they will power lights on the inside.

That's how i think it works anyway, sometimes it's sketchy. I have lights in my Castle that won't power on regardless.

I'm not 100% sure about it but i think you need the little power conduits along the walls to light different parts of the house. They are the little wire connectors that point up, straight out or down, seen here-

E7bRQ.jpg

In Sanctuary, I wired up these conduits at the top of the houses, so you dont have to see as much wire hanging everywhere. Putting one on each corner of the house will wire the whole house.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way.

I did it this way, small pylon at each corner, side-facing conduits at certain points around the middle of the walls, powered all house up and down.

I will try this later, thanks. I forgot the damm wires costs material too. brrrrr

Vex_

Banned
Wow it feels like they fixed the 3rd person aim stutter in the latest PC patch. Totally thought they'd overlook that!

Dayummmm.

r1chard

Went back to the airport after completing the main story in the not-so-happy-for-BoS manner. It's marked as CLEARED on the map, but I can't take anything without it being classified as stealing. WTF?!

BLunted

Banned
Question about the Institute quite far in:

How am I supposed to actually attack the airship of the BoS? I'm beaming in, get a lot of damage, try out the beacons and nothing happens. I'm just grinding through ammunition and enemies..

You dont attack the airship. You go to Boston Airport and have a synth hack Liberty Prime to attack the airship.

BLunted

Banned
I finished the game today. So it worked.

Good good.

I liked how the synths started showing up everywhere after you finished, like how the BoS used to. I just wish they started to pop up like that before the main story had ended.

Unfortunately, I made so many mistakes with my first playthough, I had to abandon that playthrough.

joecanada

I will try this later, thanks. I forgot the damm wires costs material too. brrrrr

there is no direct way to know how much of a building will be lit by attaching a power connector to say one side (from my experience building about 15 settlements)... Best I can say is that a large size building will require at least two connectors, one near each side of a long building.... however they do throw a fair amount of light so you could consider just lighting the front half, otherwise just throw another connector down one end.... one on each end (2 total) should do most buildings though except maybe a custom warehouse lol. easy way to test is throw a cheap lightbulb in and see if the power indicator goes green or stays red, then you will know (store unused parts don't scrap them).

I had an incident at Spectacle Island. I had the usual quest saying to help defend Spectacle Island, and when I went there, there was one settler who attacked me (they were a synth in disguise) and after her, no one else. No combat whatsoever. So I leave.

When I arrive at my next destination (it as nighttime by then) I get the notification saying the mission to protect Spectacle Island had failed. So I reload the last save from when I arrived at the island.

Then I waited. I waited the entire night, in actual game time (building stuff). Technically the island was still under attack, but there was no combat anywhere. The next MORNING I fast travel from the island, and it gives me the same quest failure.

What the hell was going on? If the first time I traveled and it was night time when it failed, staying there til the next day should have let me see the event that caused me to fail it.

I've had numerous glitches with all types of settlement stuff which I hope is patched like the old when you leave a settlement it all of a sudden reports bed and def shortages and then gets attacked of course... or one time i had a kidnap victim but held behind a master locked door.... so no go for me, fail. That one you reported is weird but yeah nothing surprising considering....

Went back to the airport after completing the main story in the not-so-happy-for-BoS manner. It's marked as CLEARED on the map, but I can't take anything without it being classified as stealing. WTF?!

I have this with
Covenant
as well. It's a somewhat convenient place to farm affection for MacCready, since he seems to like so few things but totally enjoys pickpocketing and stealing. Still, the settlement is all sorts of busted.

man, I wish this game were a better RPG, it's really disappointing on that front. I really can't see myself playing it again for a few years after I'm done with this playthrough. Maybe some group of modders will rehaul the game someday and make it as much of an RPG as its pre-existing systems will allow for.

Goddammit PAM, just give me that final Jackpot mission already. I need my gal to be able to charge into the fray wielding a super sledge and wearing a beautiful dress for the occasion.

Griss

How the hell do you place mines in this game? I've died so many times from throwing a bottlecap mine or frag mine and it exploding in the air in front of my face. What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to be back-pedalling from the mine as I throw it?

Wish you couldn't set off your own mines.

Griss

What do they want me to do here?

CVj5MlwUsAAL4Gt.jpg

They won't let me build a 10 power generator even though I have the parts and perks, and connecting it to the big generator in back doesn't work. Half an hour into this and I still don't know what they are asking me to do.

This is the kind of crap I mentioned on the last page. I have *zero* interest in building things in this game but it's forced on me with regularity. Build your own goddamn generator!

Edit: and with that, I'm done with Fallout 4.

Lol I just ran into the EXACT same problem. Glad someone else had already answered it in here.

Mines are good for one thing, selling.

Nah, I just got a bottlecap mine to work and it killed a boss.

AEREC

How the hell do you place mines in this game? I've died so many times from throwing a bottlecap mine or frag mine and it exploding in the air in front of my face. What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to be back-pedalling from the mine as I throw it?

Weird...Im pretty suer Idont set off my own mines as Ive laid about 20 in the same spot before.

Weird...Im pretty suer Idont set off my own mines as Ive laid about 20 in the same spot before.

You can't set off your own mine, at least by proximity. Maybe he is throwing them near an enemy? They will pop if you throw them down by a sleeping ghoul, burrowed mirelurk, or something.

If the enemies are too close they'll go off right away. They're best for preemptive moves. Place one/more down, aggro enemies, let them run into the blast. I've been using them on my stealth build and they're pretty handy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Playing with the classic music station on is secretly one of the game's best weapons. It can create so many cool moments.

I was exploring the Boston Mayoral Shelter, and "Ride of the Valkyries" kicked in just five seconds before
that Deathclaw dropped from the sky in front of me
. It was beyond perfect.

Random question: I've got ballistic weave clothes, a ballistic weave hat, and various legendary pieces of armor. All told, I've got about 300 armor/280 energy. And yet I've been repeatedly wrecked twice by legendary enemies holding 10mm pistols or assault rifles. By "wrecked" I mean I die if I'm exposed to their fire for maybe a second. One salvo immediately gives me "you're about to die" heartbeat noises. Contrast this to one late game encounter where killing a special someone floods the area with laser and plasma-wielding enemies, who nevertheless take much longer to kill me (minutes, if I'm on top of stimpak use).

As far as I can tell, the issue is both enemies had weapons with armor-piercing automatic receivers. Do armor-piercing weapons completely ignore armor?

Here's hoping for some awesome quest mods along the lines of Falskaar for Skyrim. Seriously, Bethesda should hire quest modders as writers for their games, they seem to write better overarching storylines than Bethesda themselves. Also hoping for a perk overhaul mod like SkyRe. And whilst I'm hoping for stuff, Obsidian plz make another spinoff using this engine. Fallout 4 is good, but Obsidian would make it almost perfect. After I'm done with the last few proper quests I'm going to stop playing for a bit until some mods come out.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Goddammit PAM, just give me that final Jackpot mission already. I need my gal to be able to charge into the fray wielding a super sledge and wearing a beautiful dress for the occasion.
I hope that your not trying to unlock Ballistic Weave because otherwise you unlocked it a long time ago when you completed the first Jackpot Mission.

Inventory management, especially armor, is awful in this game.

Scrapping stuff is worse. I'm a hoarder cause for some reason I think that I'll need these weapons/armor later sometime. When I find out that I won't, it would be nice to have a Bulk option to scrap 100 pipe pistols or leather armor.

BLunted

Banned
Random question: I've got ballistic weave clothes, a ballistic weave hat, and various legendary pieces of armor. All told, I've got about 300 armor/280 energy. And yet I've been repeatedly wrecked twice by legendary enemies holding 10mm pistols or assault rifles. By "wrecked" I mean I die if I'm exposed to their fire for maybe a second. One salvo immediately gives me "you're about to die" heartbeat noises. Contrast this to one late game encounter where killing a special someone floods the area with laser and plasma-wielding enemies, who nevertheless take much longer to kill me (minutes, if I'm on top of stimpak use).

As far as I can tell, the issue is both enemies had weapons with armor-piercing automatic receivers. Do armor-piercing weapons completely ignore armor?

I was having a similar issue with my previous playthrough. It seemed like all of a sudden, at about level 40 or so, ghouls and hounds were clobbering me as well, and I was in full X01 power armor. Gunfire seemed trivial, but melee was really doing me in.

Never did figure it out.

How many caps did you guys end up with a pretty much completed (main story + good chunk of side content) character? My charisma guy has 50-60k, plus a chest with 5,000 pounds of vendor trash in it. I'd have a hard time guessing how much that would be worth...maybe 50-100k. It's like Witcher 3, in that you find, or craft/mod most things you need, so you don't end up buying weapons and armor.

Is my quest bugged? After you complete the USS Constitution quest,
having sided with Ironsides, are you still not allowed to take items for the ship? And is he supposed to be repeating the "so our hero returns..." dialogue every time you talk to him?

Inventory management, especially armor, is awful in this game.

Yep. Ended up building some containers in my main settlement for each body part (left arm, left leg, etc), and renamed my current armor to add a "1" so it's at the top of my inventory; did that for my most used weapons too.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Whew. A lot of near heart attacks with happiness stalling (and even going down in one instance) but finally got the 100 Happiness trophy. Now a Platinum trophy is in reach!

johnsmith

remember me
How many caps did you guys end up with a pretty much completed (main story + good chunk of side content) character? My charisma guy has 50-60k, plus a chest with 5,000 pounds of vendor trash in it. I'd have a hard time guessing how much that would be worth...maybe 50-100k. It's like Witcher 3, in that you find, or craft/mod most things you need, so you don't end up buying weapons and armor.
Like 80k in caps, with a chest full of useless legendaries. Never sold a single one.

I hope that your not trying to unlock Ballistic Weave because otherwise you unlocked it a long time ago when you completed the first Jackpot Mission.
I'm wearing some, but don't you need to finish all the missions in order to be able to apply it to existing clothes?

In any case, I can just wait for Tinker Tom to sell me the ones I want. Something that looks frivolous and yet allows me to equip some armor on top would be best.

Watevaman

I'm wearing some, but don't you need to finish all the missions in order to be able to apply it to existing clothes?

In any case, I can just wait for Tinker Tom to sell me the ones I want. Something that looks frivolous and yet allows me to equip some armor on top would be best.

If you're already wearing it then you can do it to everything it can be done to.

RowdyReverb

What weapon do you guys arm your companions with if at all?
I recently modified a Combat Rifle to accept .38 rounds since I have a gazillion and gave them that. I tried giving them nicer guns before, but they waste tons of ammo with their terrible aim. Now I wonder if it's even worth it to arm them at all

I was having a similar issue with my previous playthrough. It seemed like all of a sudden, at about level 40 or so, ghouls and hounds were clobbering me as well, and I was in full X01 power armor. Gunfire seemed trivial, but melee was really doing me in.

Never did figure it out.
What difficulty? The only thing that really wears me down in my MK5 X-01 is gatling lasers on Hard.

r1chard

What weapon do you guys arm your companions with if at all?
I recently modified a Combat Rifle to accept .38 rounds since I have a gazillion and gave them that. I tried giving them nicer guns before, but they waste tons of ammo with their terrible aim. Now I wonder if it's even worth it to arm them at all

Grognak costume and a 2076 World Series baseball bat. On PIper, of course :)

Top Bottom