• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Damm. how many settlements I need to save.

SxutOh.jpg

Kinda feel bad I got Cait to
to get clean and have her fall in love with me
and then told her to go elsewhere so I can holla at Piper now.

Watevaman

Was having some issues with a slow main menu and save menu. Looked at my save folder and it was at 1000+ saves and 8.6 gigs. I need to stop my save habits.

Broank

Dammit Croup Manor is in such a nice quaint little area.

Got the urge to move my operations there right after I just moved all my stuff to Spectacle Island.

Replicant

SxutOh.jpg

Kinda feel bad I got Cait to
to get clean and have her fall in love with me
and then told her to go elsewhere so I can holla at Piper now.

"Pump and Dump" should be an achievement for the next Fallout. How fast do you switch companion after getting one's perk.

Disxo

So I found a goddamn
pyramid
with no purpose at all in the glowing sea...
Is it a place for another mission? Because damn it looks cool on the inside.

Settlement glitch query -

If I understand correctly, there's an issue where getting up to 100 happiness will only occur if you're physically at the settlement. I think this is a bit different: I was a bit baffled to see today that I was suddenly missing five settlers (with happiness down about 13 points to 67%). I hadn't had any attack warnings, either, so I was a bit confused what they were all so grumpy about. I went to check out Sanctuary to see what went wrong, and it seemed I still had 23 settlers when I was inside the settlement, and nothing was amiss. After spending some time there, I watched in horror to see my food rating rapidly decreasing from 47 to suddenly 0. My defense rating started to drop, too. (It was originally sitting at 344, so there really wasn't any danger of being attacked.) I restarted the save, and the dramatic drop hasn't happened again, but the game still thought I had 18 settlers/23 settlers, so I'm not sure if it's keeping track of things accurately. Has anyone had something similar? PS4 here.

Faenix1

What weapon do you guys arm your companions with if at all?
I recently modified a Combat Rifle to accept .38 rounds since I have a gazillion and gave them that. I tried giving them nicer guns before, but they waste tons of ammo with their terrible aim. Now I wonder if it's even worth it to arm them at all

I give my companion missile launchers and mini guns, for shits and giggles. I never really use them.

Need to find a use for .308, too. Wish I could make a machine gun have .308. lol

Watevaman

Legendary drops are still terrible at level 55. I'm getting shit like a leg piece that makes lockpicking easier. Where the hell are my double-shot gauss rifles and exploding bullet miniguns?!

Faenix1

Just Sell the.308 I earned lots of caps thanks to it.

I, uhh, didn't really think of selling the useless ammo. lol

Legendary drops are still terrible at level 55. I'm getting shit like a leg piece that makes lockpicking easier. Where the hell are my double-shot gauss rifles and exploding bullet miniguns?!

That's about all I get it, too.

It's either a melee weapon or a crappy piece of armour - I want sturdy combat armour dammit! Best weapons I got was a sniper that does double crit damage, and a wounding double barrel. I can't stand double barrel shotguns though.

Disxo

All my weapons are from vendors (level 61)
I get better stuff in destiny...

Helscream

Banned
So my character is at level 98 and I have yet to find a good Legendary Minigun. Found plenty of other decent Legendary weapons, but not a single goddamn minigun.

The main reason I bother is the minigun in its natural state is so weak. I just dont get why Bethesda decided to make the Minigun so weak in Fallout 3 and now Fallout 4. I dont want to go on a long rant, but i feel that Obsidian balanced out weapon power/requirements so well in Fallout New Vegas. I wished Bethesda would have picked up on that.

I guess I'll have to wait till Obsidian gives me another god-tier minigun like the CZ57 Avenger.

Beefy

So my character is at level 98 and I have yet to find a good Legendary Minigun. Found plenty of other decent Legendary weapons, but not a single goddamn minigun.

The main reason I bother is the minigun in its natural state is so weak. I just dont get why Bethesda decided to make the Minigun so weak in Fallout 3 and now Fallout 4. I dont want to go on a long rant, but i feel that Obsidian balanced out weapon power/requirements so well in Fallout New Vegas. I wished Bethesda would have picked up on that.

I guess I'll have to wait till Obsidian gives me another god-tier minigun like the CZ57 Avenger.

98? Mods?

Anustart

Vault 81 spoilers.
Is there any way to know if I'm sick? Would the game have given me an indication that I got it too? I gave the cure to austin.

What is the best suit of power armor? Also are the pieces in predetermined places? I want to get deep into customizing power armor, but there is no since in doing in on a low tier model. I just wouldnt want to gather the resources to do it for better sets

RDreamer

Do bodies disappear when you leave the area or something? I killed two legendaries from a balcony and the only way down was to get into the building and then leave again, and I'm out here and it looks like everything's just gone. :(

Astral

How do companion perks work? Are they hidden or something and only available when you have the companion with you? I did McCready's last quest and I can't tell if I have his perk. Does he just not like me enough still?

Feltrol

Banned
How do companion perks work? Are they hidden or something and only available when you have the companion with you? I did McCready's last quest and I can't tell if I have his perk. Does he just not like me enough still?

A pop-up should've appeared indicating you that you gained a new perk - in case you really did.

Maybe the quest is available once you reach a certain level of affinity, but not the max level of affinity.

Beefy

Macready takes ages until he idolizes you (probably the longest). Even after his quest it took me another 5hrs.

knitoe

You have to make him / her like you enough. Then, you get the perk which you can see in your pip boy perk listing. Some companion likes can only increase after doing their quest-line. Unfortunately, there's no way to know how much they currently like you and/or how far you are from getting the perk which is stupid.

Anustart

You will have a little pill icon (top left I think) on your health screen.

Hmm, is that icon there also if you're on drugs? I have the icon now, but dunno if it's because I'm on drugs or that thing.

Oh well, I made my choice and I'll stick by it!

Astral

A pop-up should've appeared indicating you that you gained a new perk - in case you really did.

Maybe the quest is available once you reach a certain level of affinity, but not the max level of affinity.

Macready takes ages until he idolizes you (probably the longest). Even after his quest it took me another 5hrs.

You have to make him / her like you enough. Then, you get the perk which you can see in your pip boy perk listing. Some companion likes can only increase after doing their quest-line. Unfortunately, there's no way to know how much they currently like you and/or how far you are from getting the perk which is stupid.

Ugh this is ridiculous. He really is taking forever and feels difficult to please. I guess I'll just keep breaking into people's houses. I just want his awesome perk.

johnsmith

remember me

On pc you can check with console commands, on a scale of 0-1000. On console you can't check exactly, but you get an event at 250, 500, 750, and max, so you definitely have an idea on your progress.

Also affinity goes up just from normal exploring and killing, not only when you do something they like.

Beefy

Ugh this is ridiculous. He really is taking forever and feels difficult to please. I guess I'll just keep breaking into people's houses. I just want his awesome perk.

Find a Gunner base or just a few gunners. He likes wiping them out.

Replicant

MacReady is okay. You know who I can't stand? Marcy FUCKING Long.

"Don't talk to me. I don't have the time!" (I'm not talking to her. I was modding my weapon on the bench)
"You better not tell anyone about this place!" (It's not her fucking decision)

Even her praise is half-assed: "I have to hand it to you. This place could be a lot better but it's not a dump".

F U B*tch! Who let you here in the first place?!!!

"Don't talk to me. I don't have the time!" (I'm not talking to her. I was modding my weapon on the bench)

Even her praise is half-assed: "I have to hand it to you. This place could be a lot better but it's not a dump".

:lol Bethesda loves to make characters you love to hate. Stupid ass Nazeem, maybe I have been to the cloud district, you don't know my life!

skyhaven

Neo Member
Mac likes caps. So find a mission where you can bargain for more caps. He likes it.
Mac also has no qualms stealing things, every time you steal an owned item, he may like it. This is usually on 10 minute timer. So pace it a bit.

Chitown B

I just seriously LOL'd at this.

Someone posted awhile ago that they built an outhouse around her. haha

JJD

Oh God...guys how can I find a missing companion? I was in sanctuary and sent Curie to to red rocket, now I want her to join me again and she is gone.

I'm playing on the PS4. Already build a bell (on both settlements), waited for hours and slept and she still won't show up...

I can't reload a save/quicksave...

Should I go to Vault 81 and pray she is there?

BLunted

Banned
Vault 81 spoilers.
Is there any way to know if I'm sick? Would the game have given me an indication that I got it too? I gave the cure to austin.

You can check the status tab on your pip-boy. There may be a good chance you have mole rat disease. The game is really shitty about informing you about it. If you do have mole rat disease, and you gave the cure to the kid, you are stuck with it for the rest of the game.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How do you get your AI companions out of power armor? One of mine decided to just hop in to one I found on the road (which was weird since it wasn't letting me in it).

Top Bottom