• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

doomquake

And on the lighter side of things, today I found out that gears aren't gears, gears are steel.

sg017lt.gif

I also just realized that when building, any junk component will be broken down into needed elements..which is totally shit because I was collecting rare components for building specific things. Unless I am fantasizing, I am sure I saw GEAR as a needed component for some weapon mod or something. no?

Steejee

For the Settlement attacks I've had, at least, most of the enemies did come from the outside. I only had the odd one appear inside, and it quickly got demolished by the settlers and the 2 or so turrets I always face inward to keep the peasants working catch stragglers and anyone that gets inside.

I also just realized that when building, any junk component will be broken down into needed elements..which is totally shit because I was collecting rare components for building specific things. Unless I am fantasizing, I am sure I saw GEAR as a needed component for some weapon mod or something. no?

Gears are needed, yes, it's just the gears you pick up aren't gears, they're steel. :D I picked up about 12 of them in Corvega and was surprised I was shown to not have any gears when making a turret.

My Castle is closed off, the last attack i had a bunch of ferals spawned inside the main walls.

Really messed up the happiness for a while as some of the stalls got damaged and the settlers wouldn't work properly until they were repaired.

It took me too long to figure that out.

Mahonay

Banned
So I finished the main story quest last night and was pretty happy with my choices. But (END GAME SPOILER)
what a huge oversight that final cutscene was. The game doesn't even use your character as the model, just the default one. Fucking really? It couldn't have been THAT hard to have it so it looks like your character, unless it's some kind of bug. All of that investment you put into your character and it just kind of gets tossed aside in the final cutscene. Why?

Rolling with a Gauss Rifle and the Railway Rifle right now. I absolutely love both and they are obscene with the MacCready VATS headshot perk bug. Not to mention they are fully upgraded as well.

Steejee

So I finished the main story quest last night and was pretty happy with my choices. But (END GAME SPOILER)
what a huge oversight that final cutscene was. The game doesn't even use your character as the model, just the default one. Fucking really? It couldn't have been THAT hard to have it so it looks like your character, unless it's some kind of bug. All of that investment you put into your character and it just kind of gets tossed aside in the final cutscene. Why?

Rolling with a Gauss Rifle and the Railway Gun right now. I absolutely love both and they are obscene with the MacCready VATS headshot perk bug. Not to mention they are fully upgraded as well.

I think one of my biggest pet peeves in games is cutscenes that use in game assets/were rendered ingame but are viewed pre-rendered. FO4 does both of the things that makes me hate that behavior: character model doesn't match mine, and the graphics in the prerendered cutscene are worse than my ingame graphics.

To boot the ending cutscenes only mention like one decision, though I guess that also reflects how few decisions there were to make in the game.

CloudWolf

I think one of my biggest pet peeves in games is cutscenes that use in game assets/were rendered ingame but are viewed pre-rendered. FO4 does both of the things that makes me hate that behavior: character model doesn't match mine, and the graphics in the prerendered cutscene are worse than my ingame graphics.

To boot the ending cutscenes only mention like one decision, though I guess that also reflects how few decisions there were to make in the game.

Yeah, I really hoped
at least this time Bethesda would use proper slides like in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. But nope, what we got was even more boring than Fallout 3's ending.

Replicant

Rolling with a Gauss Rifle and the Railway Rifle right now. I absolutely love both and they are obscene with the MacCready VATS headshot perk bug. Not to mention they are fully upgraded as well.

Wow, seriously? WTF Bethesda?! Fixed this shit already!

Lol, yea that bugs me too. It's either a bug or it's intended.

Chitown B

Fallout should never be about your character. The fact that you even talk in cutscenes is annoying to me. So I don't even care. Honestly they didn't even need to show your character.

R0ckman

Fallout should never be about your character. The fact that you even talk in cutscenes is annoying to me. So I don't even care. Honestly they didn't even need to show your character.

Eh, I think there would be less interest in this if they took out character creation. That was like the first thing they showed off in the presentation. It's probably here to stay.

Mahonay

Banned
It's intended, was like that in Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well. They're prerendered videos, so they can't make it look like your character.
Been long enough since I finished Fallout 3 that I couldn't remember what the ending sequence was like, just that I was disappointed.

It's intended, was like that in Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well. They're prerendered videos, so they can't make it look like your character.

Figures :/

We were talking about some memorable moments some pages back and so far I think mines has to be.... The Silver Shroud Missions lol. It's just so goofy lol. Finding covenant and the theme park are up there too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Most of my issues so far are inventory/encumbrance based. I'm just going to list them and hope someone can offer a solution I wasn't aware of.

- I haven't put any points in str, but I realized too late it also offers more weight limit. I only have 210, and it seems my only option is to make my gear pocketed to store a bit more. Is there still an option to re-roll your stats? I'd strongly consider getting my str up to get the mule perk.
- If you want to carry a few decent weapons, you immediately use up like half your weight limit. I'm always surprised how quickly it fills up.
- I really feel they should've made the craftable (junk) items weightless (like ammo), because most of the time I skip picking up stuff because of my weight limit. I can understand they still implement encumbrance to limit your weapon arsenal, but still. The encumbrance is the biggest reason I spend so much time in menus, and I'm tired of it.
- Is there a weight limit to your companions? Using them as a mule should be an automatism, but I sometimes forget to do so.

BLunted

Banned
It's pretty weird that they fail to tell you this. I didn't realize until like 30 full hours later that I had the
disease, so it wasn't like I was weighing whether to cure the kid over myself
. My thought process was simply "why not?"

The the same thing happened to me as well, however
I used console command to get a second cure for myself. If I had know I would have let that kid die a most unpleasant death.

Steejee

Most of my issues so far are inventory/encumbrance based. I'm just going to list them and hope someone can offer a solution I wasn't aware of.

- I haven't put any points in str, but I realized too late it also offers more weight limit. I only have 210, and it seems my only option is to make my gear pocketed to store a bit more. Is there still an option to re-roll your stats? I'd strongly consider getting my str up to get the mule perk.
- If you want to carry a few decent weapons, you immediately use up like half your weight limit. I'm always surprised how quickly it fills up.
- I really feel they should've made the craftable (junk) items weightless (like ammo), because most of the time I skip picking up stuff because of my weight limit. I can understand they still implement encumbrance to limit your weapon arsenal, but still. The encumbrance is the biggest reason I spend so much time in menus, and I'm tired of it.
- Is there a weight limit to your companions? Using them as a mule should be an automatism, but I sometimes forget to do so.

- You can't redo stats once you leave Vault 111, but you can put more points into Strength any time you level up - you don't have to put the points into Perks, you can increase base SPECIAL stats too (which I did quite often during the course of the game)
- Ammo is weightless, as is most misc stuff, but yeah Junk tends to have weight. Some of it can be quite hefty in fact.
- Companions have limits, but they can carry a pretty large amount and I think the specific limit for each one varies.

I had a low STR character for most of the game (3ish) and stuck to deep pocket leather armor, worked out well. One thing that I'd forget had weight that actually added up a lot were the Nuka Colas. I recommend keeping an eye on your Aid category and sorting it by weight. Anything .5WT or above can add up quickly given how big Aid items pile up. Some of the meat drops from monsters can be pretty heavy too.

BeeDog

So yeah, the only thing I actively cared about right now was for the patch to fix the "Trouble Brewin'" quest on PS4. Didn't happen with the new patch. :mad:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It would help a a lot if I could use my scrapper perk to take things apart instead of looting them and walking them back to a workshop. You should be able to salvage things directly without carrying them around.

Tunavi

Banned
Everyone in Sanctuary pretty much sucks. Mama Murphy with her "I'm not as useful in combat as I used to be." Blah blah, shut up, shoot up some Jet and sit in your chair, you old hag.
I exiled mama Murphy to her own settlement, with no supplies, no customized shelter, and no other settlers.

Aw the ammo glitch with shopping has been fixed.

Well, looks like I won't be updating my game then.

I also agree with encumbrance issues on consoles. It would really be helpful if one of the mods coming to consoles allow us to have more carry weight or allow us some form of console commands even if they are basic console commands (i.e. better fov, spawn in items or remove items) I would rather have more combat helpful upgrades on my armor than carry weight honestly.

People have so little faith in Bethesda's QA that it's found plausible their pre-rendered cutscenes are buggy. That makes me smile.

It would help a a lot if I could use my scrapper perk to take things apart instead of looting them and walking them back to a workshop. You should be able to salvage things directly without carrying them around.

That'd actually be super useful since components often weigh less than the loot.

Steejee

I exiled mama Murphy to her own settlement, with no supplies, no customized shelter, and no other settlers.

I'm going down the road of designing Settlements to have a purpose, a sort of network of places with logical connections (Castle as primary military base, places along the main roads as Trading Outposts/Towns, etc). I've decided Sanctuary will be my prison.

Just updated one of the mods that adds more buildables to your settlement yesterday, and noticed they had added jail doors; I took it as a sign.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
- You can't redo stats once you leave Vault 111, but you can put more points into Strength any time you level up - you don't have to put the points into Perks, you can increase base SPECIAL stats too (which I did quite often during the course of the game)
- Ammo is weightless, as is most misc stuff, but yeah Junk tends to have weight. Some of it can be quite hefty in fact.
- Companions have limits, but they can carry a pretty large amount and I think the specific limit for each one varies.

I had a low STR character for most of the game (3ish) and stuck to deep pocket leather armor, worked out well. One thing that I'd forget had weight that actually added up a lot were the Nuka Colas. I recommend keeping an eye on your Aid category and sorting it by weight. Anything .5WT or above can add up quickly given how big Aid items pile up. Some of the meat drops from monsters can be pretty heavy too.

Oh yeah I have a bunch of colas I never use anyway, I'll store them in my workbench. I hate how I have to spend so much time micromanaging my weight/inventory.

I know you can increase base stats, but my STR is 0, so I figure it'd take too long to get to the requirement for the mule perk, but I guess every STR point adds some weight limit as well.

Steejee

I know you can increase base stats, but my STR is 0, so I figure it'd take too long to get to the requirement for the mule perk, but I guess every STR point adds some weight limit as well.

I think each point of STR is 10 weight, so even a few points can help out.

Helscream

Banned
Did you try the Ashmaker?

The Ashmaker is only useful if you obtain it early on(game difficulty as well). You would think with it dealing 15 energy damage would make a big difference, but it doesn't. I think there is a different way certain types of damage are calculated. For example an explosive shotgun adds explosive damage to each pellet where as cryo/fire damage does not. So a Fire damage minigun is underwhelming, the a explosive minigun is insanely powerful.

98? Mods?

If your referring to PC Mods then No im on PS4.

I've found the best weapon to have is a plasma rifle with an improved sniper barrel and maximized capacitor. It's like 85+ ballistic damage and 85+ energy damage.

Tunavi

Banned
I'm realizing that the game isn't good because of a story but because of the characters. It's a character piece about survival and relationships, not a linear storyline. But people who rip on the story (for good reason) don't realize that it's about the people in the game, not the story the game tells.

adamy

Banned
i've come to the conclusion that i hate fo4

surprised it took me so long

they pretty much stripped away what little rpg elements the game had left and turned it into a pure fps

i've replayed many different paths/dialogue options and everything has the same outcome. you have no control over anything. the characters fucking suck too.

this is the worse fallout game i've ever played, coming from someone who played and beat fo1, fo2, fo3, and fo nv.

switching over to Xenoblade. hopefully the next fallout game is a significant improvement.

I loved this game at first, but after I finished the main story line I ended up not liking it.

I chose the Institute and it seriously bothered me there was no way to change the ending. Nothing I could do. Charisma was completely pointless. Your decisions throughout the game are meaningless. My first play through of games like these I try and make everything peaceful. No unnecessary violence. I'm mad that I was forced into killing the other factions.

This was easily my least favorite Fallout. The combat was amazing, but everything else was completely lacking.

Omadahl

Banned
Are other PC players also simply turning off carry weight limits and settlement size limits? I decided that I would rather up my carry weight to 5000 instead of tediously fast traveling and dumping every 15 minutes to build my settlements. I've also used player.additem for wood since it becomes pretty damn scarce if you remove the settlement limit. In some regards I feel like it's cheating, but really, a larger settlement doesn't win you the game or anything; I just want to build.

adamy

Banned
Are other PC players also simply turning off carry weight limits and settlement size limits? I decided that I would rather up my carry weight to 5000 instead of tediously fast traveling and dumping every 15 minutes to build my settlements. I've also used player.additem for wood since it becomes pretty damn scarce if you remove the settlement limit. In some regards I feel like it's cheating, but really, a larger settlement doesn't win you the game or anything; I just want to build.

in every regard, changing your carry weight to 5000 is cheating...

Top Bottom