• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Maybe it doesn't work for the initial attack. Annoying as hell.

What I did was move everything/everyone out of the settlement for the first one, for the second one, the above worked for me.

Someone on the Steam forums suggested resetting the quest right after killing him. That removed it from my journal, so it's a good workaround as opposed to losing a bunch of settlers. With the amount of times I've had to use the console now to make up for Bethesda's brilliant testing, I'd be pissed if I was playing the PS4 version of this game.

How do you access companion perks? Is it not till you've been with them for a while? Also is there a way to tell if the perk is active and does it go away if you don't take them on a quest (but don't take another companion)?

R0ckman

How do you access companion perks? Is it not till you've been with them for a while? Also is there a way to tell if the perk is active and does it go away if you don't take them on a quest (but don't take another companion)?

It's permanent, do not need the companion in party either. Look in stat and perks.

Magitex

As much as I like this game it's a bit disappointing at how clunky the combat is. Its like Bethesda hasn't learned anything about combat/ai design in ten years.
Can you elaborate?

This has both very solid FPS mechanics and combat AI on a technical level.

As much as I like this game it's a bit disappointing at how clunky the combat is. Its like Bethesda hasn't learned anything about combat/ai design in ten years.

Could you go into detail about what you mean by "clunky" combat??? I hear some people say this, and im not sure what the issue is with the combat. I mean, the combat feels like any other first person shooter to me. It feels great and controls great. So what do you not like about it???

Unless your playing in third person. Ive yet to try third person in this game yet though. Only switch to it for pictures and filming purposes. Im mainly going to play in third person on my second playthrough as a female who is a total bitch.

My male character is a damn white knight.

So I just heard gunshots and ran into a guy named Art, shooting at an other guy named Art who looks exactly like him. What's the deal here? Synths? Neither of them is hostile but I can't get them to stop fighting.

alexbull_uk

Surprised to see people saying this. Feels like an actual shooter now, which is a world apart from FO3 and NV. It even feels like a big improvement over Skyrim.

Which element of the combat do you think is clunky?

Why the fuck do mods weigh?!?!

If you put them in your workshop, then you can access them that way without carrying them around and weighing you down.

So I just heard gunshots and ran into a guy named Art, shooting at an other guy named Art who looks exactly like him. What's the deal here? Synths? Neither of them is hostile but I can't get them to stop fighting.

It's supposed to be a random encounter where they're each accusing the other of being a synth and you can side with one (or none), but for a lot of people (myself included) by the time you see them they're just shooting the shit out of each other. You can identify the synth by looting his body.

I've been having issues loading my most recent saves where it just freezes, I have to go back to 1 specific save that loads but if I continue playing and save, the new save file doesn't work....

Any ideas what is going on?

oohhhh I remember this part, when I encountered them,
they were fighting for a while, and then later on, I saw one Art had a gun held at the other Arts head while he was on the ground screaming mercy. As the player you had to make a choice, because the one with the gun, aiming, is yelling that the other art is a synth, and the art on the ground, is yelling that hes not a synth and the art with the gun is crazy and he's the real synth.

Magitex

It's supposed to be a random encounter where they're each accusing the other of being a synth and you can side with one (or none), but for a lot of people (myself included) by the time you see them they're just shooting the shit out of each other. You can identify the synth by looting his body.
I identified them by using a sawn-off shotgun. It was a crazy hard battle because two other legendaries decided to join in. Unfortunately somewhere toward the end of the fight, I clipped the wrong guy and ended up as the last man standing. I figured no one would miss him anyway so I didn't reload.

Onivulk

Banned
they were fighting for a while, and then later on, I saw one Art had a gun held at the other Arts head while he was on the ground screaming mercy. As the player you had to make a choice, because the one with the gun, aiming, is yelling that the other art is a synth, and the art on the ground, is yelling that hes not a synth and the art with the gun is crazy and he's the real synth.

I killed them both :D

dity

I think it's weird how people will try their darndest to try and will you into not having fun with this game. It's people have nothing better to do than try and convince you to not play a game.

I think it's weird how people will try their darndest to try and will you into not having fun with this game. It's people have nothing better to do than try and convince you to not play a game.

There was a guy here who got banned because all he'd do is go to THIEF threads and tell people how the game is shit and basically shit the thread for anybody who wanted to play it. I think he even went to the OT to shit on it.

Tainted

aka The Order: 1886 |OT|

disclaimer: I never bought or played it....but my god, there were so many people in there trying to change peoples minds regarding that game

This has probably been mentioned but you can access that gun in Vault 111 without having master-skill lock picking by using the dog. Too bad I have no idea where Dogmeat is anymore..

dity

There was a guy here who got banned because all he'd do is go to THIEF threads and tell people how the game is shit and basically shit the thread for anybody who wanted to play it. I think he even went to the OT to shit on it.
What the hell is wrong with people like that?

Finalow

That one actually makes complete sense and it actually gives you a reason to use furniture.
no, not being able to let the time pass if you're not sitting somewhere doesn't really make sense. and if you don't have any furniture around you it's annoying because you need to ''fast'' travel or go somewhere to find a chair.

The legend of Derrick will never die (and he hated a lot more than just Thief)

N° 2048

no, not being able to let the time pass if you're not sitting somewhere doesn't really make sense. and if you don't have any furniture around you it's annoying because you need to ''fast'' travel or go somewhere to find a chair.

But there are chairs like everywhere, I could trip over them. I thought this would be an issue for me too.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
tfw you cant pick a companion because nick is so damn cool but you're tryna get with cait

I ended up looking at them, since I have the perk that tells me their level and resistances (really Helpful on Survival for prioritizing targets etc.) I saw that one had far greater resistance, to both physical and energy. I killed him and found synth parts. He still won't talk to me beyond "He was wearing my face" then "I just wan't to be left alone." I guess that's it.

Now I've got some guy named Timothy asking me where Bunker Hill is. He's bothering me lol.

What the ever living fuck just happened

I took Big Leagues last level and the damage in my weapons went down to like half at what they were.

edit: holy shit somebody else mentioned it online. The exact same situation. Keeping the fuck away from Big Leagues rank 5.

Sarcasm

This game is pissing me off!

1) I am trying to get Preston's loyalty up so I do his quests. All his quest are far east which I assume is too far for my level as in everything can 2 shot me. In DC he hates everything I do and I don't want to be stuck with him forever. I can't even ask for money when helping BoS or join it.

2) I found nothing new since hitting the two hour mark. I bought pray and spray, which does nothing against anything outside of the area between DC and Sanctuary.

3) I spent 30 minutes killing a legendary (second one I have seen playing on v hard with a playtime of 25+ hours) who drops a laser weapon that causes frenzy but does 7 damage. Why was it hard than? He could 4 shot me!

25 hours and level 15. Wearing shit I found around lvl 5. Nothing drops. I cleared a raider camp and stuff. Double barrel does 77 damage but doesn't matter when things can kill me with 4 shots (2 depending on mob). Spray and pray is weak as heck. I don't know what damage perks to change because I will end up modding weapons. What can I do about gear? Nobody sells anything worthy for resistance. What do I go for? I get attacked by bullets and lasers the same.

All right discussion seems to be all over the web.

Warning to folks: If you're doing a melee character save before you do Big Leagues rank 5 (aka the last rank). It seems to be a bug that is cutting the damage by half.

Nameless

I killed them both :D

One Art killed gunned the other down after a lengthy shootout and walked off casually. I should've followed him.

Tainted

This game is pissing me off!

You are venturing into areas you have no right being at your level. If you follow the quest progression and stick to areas you are steered towards (esp at the start); you will encounter enemies which are level appropriate to you and you will slowly but gradually level up in terms of perks and weapons/armor which will then allow you to go back to those troublesome areas and kick series butt

Sorry to ask again but how long does it take to get it? Do you have to have reached a certain level of dialogue with them or run some personal quests for them or something?

If you bring a companion with you just read what they like/dislike somewhere online. Only do that. If you have to do something they dislike then make them stay in a separate building or far away from the action, then do it, and come back to them.

It takes like 3-5 conversations including a possible personal quest.

Out of the companions I've maxed out 3 have had personal quests, the other 3-4 haven't. I've gotten them all maxed out fairly fast though I've also taken them on quests that don't have anything they enjoy as well. Currently level 42.

You are venturing into areas you have no right being at your level. If you follow the quest progression and stick to areas you are steered towards (esp at the start); you will encounter enemies which are level appropriate to you and you will slowly but gradually level up in terms of perks and weapons/armor which will then allow you to go back to those troublesome areas and kick series butt

Deathclaws and radscorpions terrified me beyond belief early game. And if they see me now I still get wrecked. But if I sneak behind them I can one-shot them easily. Don't even need a critical to do so.

Sarcasm

Thing is I made it to Diamond City (at 22 hours) and Preston is a prude or something. I don't want to be stuck with his slow butt forever. Can't ask for money doing favors, can't steal, can't pick or can't even join the BoS without him getting angry.

Just want his perk and to move on.

ISOM

This has probably been mentioned but you can access that gun in Vault 111 without having master-skill lock picking by using the dog. Too bad I have no idea where Dogmeat is anymore..

Lol, I lost Dogmeat after signing up Preston as my partner. I sent him back to the sanctuary but couldn't find him for shit. He had a ton of junk so I had to reload a previous save just to get him back.

Thing is I made it to Diamond City (at 22 hours) and Preston is a prude or something. I don't want to be stuck with his slow butt forever. Can't ask for money doing favors, can't steal, can't pick or can't even join the BoS without him getting angry.

Just want his perk and to move on.

Do his minutemen missions. He loves it whenever you offer to help the settlers/farmers in those missions. Then complete them and start the next set.

You could also combine that with going to your base with a weapon that has 2 mods. Swiitch to one mod, he'll like that. Quicksave and reload. Switch to the other mod, he'll like it. Keep doing that.

I got rid of him fairly quickly by following the above.

It feels like I've spent more time building my Red Rocket Settlement than I have actually playing; but hey, my people need a pool hall and basketball court - it may be the apocalypse but dammit civilization didn't die in 2077!

Zukuu

Banned
Let me tell you a tale. The tale of Zukuu - The Lone Ghost Sniper.
m0O9kPN.jpg

What started out as a normal morning...
...quickly turned sour and I found myself in the wasteland. I tried my best to make it my home...
rCs1z3D.jpg

g0cYBeU.jpg

azlPaXU.jpg

...and I loved to sleep (until those damn vendors would finally get to their posts!).
zEI3pYd.jpg
I spent most of my lesiure time here...
...crafting my equipment, dumping junk, restocking supplies and taking a break.
I even got an unexpected visitor!
Needlessly to say, we were BFFs soon.

After a while, I stumbled upon a Legendary Bloatfly, which gave me a gift from heaven:
There are many rifles in this world, but this one is mine. Paired with his brother for up-close confrontations...
...they made the best tag team in existence. They were my trusty companions until the very end. At some point they even found their lost triplet.
Exploding heads everywhere! It was a sight to behold.

Being the Ghost Sniper, I shot from a distance or even upclose, mostly undetected. They never saw me coming. Often enemies would run straight at me or shoot in my direction without seeing me, so I often made use of my x5.3 sneak modifier to dispatch them.
True to my name, I was very efficient (sneak attacks and/or headshots count as critical hit):

In my journey I cleared 97 Quests and found all(?) 304 Locations and cleared them all as far as I can tell.
In those I looted over 1076 chests, picked 320 Locks, hacked 40 computers and collected over 11 thousand junk. The journey lasted 199 days, in which I spent 1396 hours sleeping or waiting.
I also assembled quite a collection! 85 magazines and all 20 Bobbleheads.
During that time also met strange allies, who believed in something else. Something great. I fully supported them! And despite my doubts...
...they really pulled it off! (Seriously, the best side quest! Click for spoiler:)
I also found very weird... "stuff".

The best moment I had during my journey was at the end (main quest spoilers).
The objective was to sneak past a barrier to get reinforcements in,but I wouldn't be the Ghost Sniper, if I would simply do that. So I turned their advantage against them! They thought they were save behind their barriers with an unholy amount of soldiers, little did they know that they were nothing more than sitting ducks to me.

I sneaked onto a nearby parking garage and mined the only staircase leading to the top...
...then I waited until nightfall in safety here...
... so their air troops wouldn't find me.
Upon nightfall the time was nigh and I went into position.
I started the offensive with a Homing Beacon, which signaled an acquaintance on a nearby submarine, which I helped earlier to fire a precision tactical nuke onto my target.
What a surprise! I used the distraction, swalloed an enhancing drug (which boosts the sneaking modifier by an additional x2, for astonishing results!
The mines killed the one target that slipped past my sights:
Having 95% against all targets in sight and the penetration skill, no one could hide and not even Skull Legendary Minibosses took more than a normal body hit.
They never "found me", all they did was fire blindly in my direction. And after I fell, what felt like a hundred enemies, I won the battle single-handedly with nothing more than a scratch.
And so, they never saw what hit them...
...the Ghost Sniper has struck again.

And with that, I say farewell to the wasteland. It was quite a journey that consumed 90 - 100h of the past weeks...what a ride. I truly enjoyed it, even tho it has quite a few flaws (main story feels uber forced, makes overall little sense and is serviceable at best - then again, that can be said about every Fallout to date. Hope they get some better writers. The dialogue system is pretty dull, but the mod makes it much more tolerable. Skill / Perk checks are truly missed and most quests didn't have any alternative solutions and can only be solved by shooting. That said, I really love the new perk system (not so much that you can level SPECIAL, tho). Allows for more freedom while also letting you specialize a character (at least until you have enough levels to spec into most of everything important). The combat was a lot faster, but I came to really like it. So in the end it was both, a step forward in the combat aspect and a step backwards in the RPG aspect. Overall I really loved the game and it's probably my GOTY, despite the flaws. It's the journey that counts, and I had a blast playing it. Yours truly.

Sarcasm

Do his minutemen missions. He loves it whenever you offer to help the settlers/farmers in those missions. Then complete them and start the next set.

You could also combine that with going to your base with a weapon that has 2 mods. Swiitch to one mod, he'll like that. Quicksave and reload. Switch to the other mod, he'll like it. Keep doing that.

I got rid of him fairly quickly by following the above.

I am doing one...that is probably why I am out somewhere I should not be. Unless go talk to settlement > do their quest isn't Mm quests?

I have these from him:

Steejee

I just got a 'Kneecapper Fat Man' from a Legendary Raider - 20% chance to cripple the target's leg. Uh...thanks? That was quite fun fighting the raider with it, but I think anyone I would use it against would have other concerns than a 1/5 shot of having their legs crippled.

But hey, worth a crapton of caps...

In other news,
Silver Shroud
outfit is awesome looking on Companions
Cait looks awesome in it

Lol, I lost Dogmeat after signing up Preston as my partner. I sent him back to the sanctuary but couldn't find him for shit. He had a ton of junk so I had to reload a previous save just to get him back.

I lost him after I did that Quest where you had to follow him at the start. Anyways when I went back to look for him he wasn't there and he wasn't at Sanctuary or Red rocket lol. RIP in peace

In other news,
Silver Shroud
outfit is awesome looking on Companions
Cait looks awesome in it

Damn, I should try that since the
Silver Shroud
quest seems to be glitched for me and I can't get rid of the equipment.
I walk up to Hancock in the Silver Shroud outfit and my character is all like "Hey, Hancock" just like any other time she's talking to him

Anyone know of a mod to remove the grim reaper sound effect? I know there is one to remove the idiot savant effect, but crap is the reaper one LOUD.

I am doing one...that is probably why I am out somewhere I should not be. Unless go talk to settlement > do their quest isn't Mm quests?

I have these from him:

doing them is one way, but also go around to areas near boston/diamond city and shit. Get a bunch of missions. Offer to do them, be nice, etc...

you can get rid of him by just being nice and helpful to people.

Anyone know of a mod to remove the grim reaper sound effect? I know there is one to remove the idiot savant effect, but crap is the reaper one LOUD.

Does Grim Reaper's Spring have a sound effect? I just got it, hopefully it isn't too bad.

Top Bottom