• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

R0ckman

My wife is getting all of these kickass legendary weapons, I'm continually getting garbage, my best one is the bleeding 10mm.

Steejee

Are other PC players also simply turning off carry weight limits and settlement size limits? I decided that I would rather up my carry weight to 5000 instead of tediously fast traveling and dumping every 15 minutes to build my settlements. I've also used player.additem for wood since it becomes pretty damn scarce if you remove the settlement limit. In some regards I feel like it's cheating, but really, a larger settlement doesn't win you the game or anything; I just want to build.

After blowing through my giant reserves of building supplies on Castle, I just said f it and turned on God mode while doing building (and sometimes noclip), as that gives you unlimited reserves. I turn it off if I'm not doing anything with building.

I've already beaten all the storylines and don't get much enjoyment out of running around to stock up on things, especially since I have build limits off and want to build several places. Though if I make another character I'll leave it off until I reach a similarly late point in the game.

I'm realizing that the game isn't good because of a story but because of the characters. It's a character piece about survival and relationships, not a linear storyline. But people who rip on the story (for good reason) don't realize that it's about the people in the game, not the story the game tells.

I like a lot of the individual stories, but the stories for the main characters in the various factions are pretty weak.

Institute characters especially. BoS had some decent characters (except for Maxon), and Railroaders were fairly boilerplate but at least had personality. Only Institute person I found interesting at all was Kellogg, and he was only made so by his brain dive.

Father just straight pissed me off. There were piles of story that should have been involved with him, but most of it was just left in the air. His reasoning for letting you out was just so...weak. Nevermind you can't ask him about the kidnappings, the killings, etc, or even ask to elaborate on why he has a different take on the Commonwealth Provisional Government debacle than the Wastelanders.

Omadahl

Banned
in every regard, changing your carry weight to 5000 is cheating...

Let me specify that I'm making sure my weapon and armor limits are within what they should be. The excess is just building materials. Probably still qualifies, but I'm not walking around with a minigun, fatman, and a flamethrower.

Watevaman

I've found the best weapon to have is a plasma rifle with an improved sniper barrel and maximized capacitor. It's like 85+ ballistic damage and 85+ energy damage.

Do those two damage types stack? I've been using the Overseer's Guardian and I think it's at 275 damage (so, 550 with the double shot) but unlike FO3 and FNV I haven't really used energy weapons in FO4.

Tunavi

Banned
How do I put on mods i have stripped from other weapons? I don't see any option to do so in the workshop and the mods just sit in my inventory...

Do those two damage types stack? I've been using the Overseer's Guardian and I think it's at 275 damage (so, 550 with the double shot) but unlike FO3 and FNV I haven't really used energy weapons in FO4.
I think it stacks. It outperforms my 105 energy damage laser rifle like crazy.

Omadahl

Banned
How do I put on mods i have stripped from other weapons? I don't see any option to do so in the workshop and the mods just sit in my inventory...

When you go to add a mod you previously removed, it will simply add the mod without using materials. Basically, the same method as storing building materials and then reusing them. It should have a number under the mod with how many you have in reserve.

R0ckman

For those who have Trader Rylee can you trade with her as a settler or is she stuck in her shop mode for you all (the shop mode before you bring her to a settlement, when she is outside of the cannery)?

Watevaman

1) You can only put a mod onto a similar weapon (10mm pistol to 10mm pistol, pipe rifle to pipe rifle, etc)

2) After you remove the mod from the weapon, it'll go into your inventory, then when you go to the same mod category on the new weapon and hover over the mod you removed, the bottom of the screen should say "attach mod" instead of "build mod" and you press that button to attach it.

joecanada

MacReady is okay. You know who I can't stand? Marcy FUCKING Long.

"Don't talk to me. I don't have the time!" (I'm not talking to her. I was modding my weapon on the bench)
"You better not tell anyone about this place!" (It's not her fucking decision)

Even her praise is half-assed: "I have to hand it to you. This place could be a lot better but it's not a dump".

F U B*tch! Who let you here in the first place?!!!

i put her in a bright red cocktail dress, helps immensely , seeing her walking around with that dress and a fedora with her shotgun trying to act all badass is just too funny....

Helscream

Banned
What difficulty are you guys finding guns like this on?

Generally speaking weapons/armor increase in quality the higher your character level is. This is relevant to enemies/treasure chest/merchants. The exception to obtaining high quality weapons/armor early on is from specific quest or the few specific Legendary items that can be bought from merchants (but are very expensive).

Difficulty only effects the frequency at which you encounter legendary enemies not the quality of gear. You could technically kill a legendary radroach and get a two shot missle launcher, but kill a legendary mythic deathclaw(LvL 91 +) and get a nocturnal walking cane.

What difficulty are you guys finding guns like this on?

I think it's random. My best found weapon is a two-shot plasma gun that I converted to a rifle but because the game is extra stingy with ammo I have very little for it. I've been buying out plasma cells whenever I see them at a merchant.

Philippo

So wait to complete Taking Independence i have to install a Large Power Generator?
And to do that i am forced to spend perks in Science?

sappyday

MacReady is okay. You know who I can't stand? Marcy FUCKING Long.

"Don't talk to me. I don't have the time!" (I'm not talking to her. I was modding my weapon on the bench)
"You better not tell anyone about this place!" (It's not her fucking decision)

Even her praise is half-assed: "I have to hand it to you. This place could be a lot better but it's not a dump".

F U B*tch! Who let you here in the first place?!!!

The worst part is that
you can't kill her.

Mac likes caps. So find a mission where you can bargain for more caps. He likes it.
Mac also has no qualms stealing things, every time you steal an owned item, he may like it. This is usually on 10 minute timer. So pace it a bit.

On a PC? Cheese it. Go into a house, steal one thing, quick-save then quick-load. Timer resets.

His perk is bugged to the point of being broken, instead of giving you +20% chance it gives ... +2000% chance. o_O Can you say ... level 1 perception, level 1 agility, 95% headshot VATS chance from across the map. -_-

Beefy

Most of my issues so far are inventory/encumbrance based. I'm just going to list them and hope someone can offer a solution I wasn't aware of.

- I haven't put any points in str, but I realized too late it also offers more weight limit. I only have 210, and it seems my only option is to make my gear pocketed to store a bit more. Is there still an option to re-roll your stats? I'd strongly consider getting my str up to get the mule perk.
- If you want to carry a few decent weapons, you immediately use up like half your weight limit. I'm always surprised how quickly it fills up.
- I really feel they should've made the craftable (junk) items weightless (like ammo), because most of the time I skip picking up stuff because of my weight limit. I can understand they still implement encumbrance to limit your weapon arsenal, but still. The encumbrance is the biggest reason I spend so much time in menus, and I'm tired of it.
- Is there a weight limit to your companions? Using them as a mule should be an automatism, but I sometimes forget to do so.

There is a weight limit to companions but you can get around it. Just commamd them to search bodies or pick up a gun. I had Macready carrying 3000 one time.

I think I've reached the point where I have to choose which faction to side with, and which ones I'm going to piss off.

(
I've been given a quest where I can eitherhelp some synths escape, return them to the Institute, or kill them all
)

I still have a bunch of quests to do for each faction; if I piss a faction off before doing so, do I lose my chance to do those quests?

Also, how much further have I got left in regards to mainline story missions? I honestly feel like the main quest line has lost direction/purpose ever since
I found Shaun/Father

I think I've reached the point where I have to choose which faction to side with, and which ones I'm going to piss off.

(
I've been given a quest where I can eitherhelp some synths escape, return them to the Institute, or kill them all
)

I still have a bunch of quests to do for each faction; if I piss a faction off before doing so, do I lose my chance to do those quests?

That quest doesn't actually force you to make a choice yet, you'll know it when it happened.

But yeah, obviously once you fully commit to one faction the quests for the opposing factions will no longer be available.

Disxo

Explored every point in the map and sidequests...guess I should finish the story.

Nah #### that I will build settlements.

AColdDay

You have to make him / her like you enough. Then, you get the perk which you can see in your pip boy perk listing. Some companion likes can only increase after doing their quest-line. Unfortunately, there's no way to know how much they currently like you and/or how far you are from getting the perk which is stupid.

If you are on PC, you can open the console, click on your companion type "getav CA_affinity" and that number is the value of how much they like you.

You want to get that number up to 1000. You get a new dialogue with your companion at about each increment of 100.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are other PC players also simply turning off carry weight limits and settlement size limits? I decided that I would rather up my carry weight to 5000 instead of tediously fast traveling and dumping every 15 minutes to build my settlements. I've also used player.additem for wood since it becomes pretty damn scarce if you remove the settlement limit. In some regards I feel like it's cheating, but really, a larger settlement doesn't win you the game or anything; I just want to build.

I'm not messing with my carry weight, but I gave myself some materials and used the console to up my settlement size limit.

Raxus

There are so many bugged quests in the game. Did the patch fix any outside of the notes?

How about the MacCready bug?

There are so many bugged quests in the game. Did the patch fix any outside of the notes?

How about the MacCready bug?

Generally they don't touch those unless the bug is really really bad. New Vegas was different because it was Obsidian handling the fixes and not Bethesda.

joecanada

anyone have any tips for dupe glitch on ps4? I'm done trying to scrounge steel up I've run out completely... 15 settlements in and no way I'm scrounging for enough steel for 5 or 6 more.

My problem is
when I hit triangle , square, it is often too slow or too fast, i have tried roll with thumb, and pointer middle finger sort of one - two but haven't got it down
..... also do people usually save after every successful run because I find sometimes if you have say 5 shipments, only 3 will dupe then you will only have 3 left , it kinda whittles them down.... until you have none left I'm assuming the timing is slightly off...

And what glitch might that be? Asking for a friend who is a bad person.

Lol since you asked a related but slightly different question ---
buy any ammo from vendor, sell one back then sell the rest back right after, you will notice one stays in your pile then you just keep selling that one until you amass about +200 dollars then switch to their pile and buy but it will actually double your money (dont go too high!!!!) and then you just buy everything........

BeeDog

What's wrong with it?

In my case, I sent the Drinkin' Buddy robot towards Goodneighbour and fast-travelled around (since that usually speeds up the NPC traversal). The problem is, the robot is stuck inside Goodneighbour, but in an unreachable spot off the map which essentially means the quest cannot be finished. There are more details on this bug on the Fallout Wiki and seems to be quite a common occurrence.

Am I a bad person if i choose to do the vendor glitch to get ammo and stimpacks?

I have 575 stimpacks from playing normally. No need to buy them. What I wish I had more of is Radaway - I've got around 175 of those.

As for ammo, I buy 2mm EC and Plasma Cells since I almost never see those. Everything else I have an excess of.

dyergram

Stupid question time:
1. In my base are my materials shared between the weapons and workshop bench? If not is there a way to view just the components of the junk?
2. How do I share resources between settlements?

Love this game but wish I'd bought the on version lol wtf was I thinking...

Beefy

In my case, I sent the Drinkin' Buddy robot towards Goodneighbour and fast-travelled around (since that usually speeds up the NPC traversal). The problem is, the robot is stuck inside Goodneighbour, but in an unreachable spot off the map which essentially means the quest cannot be finished. There are more details on this bug on the Fallout Wiki and seems to be quite a common occurrence.

Is he meant to do something else? He is at Sanctuary at mine and just stands there.

Crv756

Banned
I have 575 stimpacks from playing normally. No need to buy them. What I wish I had more of is Radaway - I've got around 175 of those.

As for ammo, I buy 2mm EC and Plasma Cells since I almost never see those. Everything else I have an excess of.

This is my problem. Everyone says theres a lot of stimpacks around, but I rarely find some. I died so much that I did the glitch as a last resort, and now I'm addicted to getting stimpacks and roadway by cheating.

This is my problem. Everyone says theres a lot of stimpacks around, but I rarely find some. I died so much that I did the glitch as a last resort, and now I'm addicted to getting stimpacks and roadway by cheating.

Do you have any meat? You can cook meat, eat the roasts, get health back, and even get a bonus stat out of it. I did that for a long while until I realized I had way too many stimpacks to count.

Also, invest in the perk. Even two points makes a huge difference in how much one stimpack heals.

The thing about stimpacks is they always heal a percentage, but food does not. So food is much better at low levels when you don't have a large amount of health.

Replicant

anyone have any tips for dupe glitch on ps4? I'm done trying to scrounge steel up I've run out completely... 15 settlements in and no way I'm scrounging for enough steel for 5 or 6 more.

My problem is
when I hit triangle , square, it is often too slow or too fast, i have tried roll with thumb, and pointer middle finger sort of one - two but haven't got it down
..... also do people usually save after every successful run because I find sometimes if you have say 5 shipments, only 3 will dupe then you will only have 3 left , it kinda whittles them down.... until you have none left I'm assuming the timing is slightly off...

I find that easy

1. Make sure shipment of items + the items are THE ONLY THINGS in your junk section of your workbench and your inventory.

2. Save your progress

3. Open workbench (Square on PS4)

4. Hit R2 to move selection to your inventory.

5. Double tap the analogue back arrow to see the junk section in your inventory.

6. Make sure only shipment of items + items are the only thing in the junk section of your inventory and workbench.

7. Hit triangle and square buttons in successions. Like tap, tap. I use my middle finger (for triangle) and pointed finger (for square).

8. Profit!

9. Repeat steps 3-8 as many as necessary.

10. Save maybe every 100 reproduction of your afraid messing things up.

Also don't forget that you CAN NOT deposit your shipment paper without doing this or else it'll be gone and you have to get another one.

To make sure you don't accidentally do this, I usually deposit the shipment papers on the most inactive companion you no longer using. In my case this is Codsworth since he's always easy to find in Sanctuary Hills using the bell. I only get them when I need it again then store then with Codsworth again.

Stupid question time:
1. In my base are my materials shared between the weapons and workshop bench? If not is there a way to view just the components of the junk?
2. How do I share resources between settlements?

Love this game but wish I'd bought the on version lol wtf was I thinking...

1. Junk/Resources are shared. Armor, weapons, mods, misc., and aid are not. To view the components of said junk, for PS4, L1 or LB for Xbone.
2. To be able to share junk/resources you must invest points into charisma and local leader. Once you have, you are now able to elect settlers to be provisioners and run routes to specific settlements to share said junk/resources.

Hope that helps.

Is he meant to do something else? He is at Sanctuary at mine and just stands there.

Sort of. You have to find more brews for him to, well, brew. I've only found two recipes. He gives them out to you for free and I believe he restocks just like every other merchant; every 48 hours.

So far the brews haven't been any different just in name, I believe?

To you struggling to get the timing down for duping. I usually use my thumb. It's sort of done in a quick succession so be fast. When you do receive duplicates, save so that you won't restart at the beginning. Once you have accumulated resources you will notice that the game lags a bit allowing you some leeway for your button presses.

Again, like what Replicant said:

Empty out your workshop. Build cabinets or storage boxes besides your workshop and put all your junk and resources into said boxes. Do not put the shipments with the resources as they will be absorbed into the resources.

Now with the shipments you need to dupe already in your inventory go into your workshop, switch to your junk selection and as fast as you can hit triangle and then square. Please be aware that the max amounts of different shipments you can dupe are 4-5. Duping more than 4-5 different types of shipments will result in you losing your shipments.

Like I said, the game will start to show a little bit of lag so use that to your advantage if you are not quick enough.

GavinUK86

Well that's downright terrifying.

u6EK7oS.gif

joecanada

I find that easy

1. Make sure shipment of items + the items are THE ONLY THINGS in your junk section of your workbench and your inventory.

2. Save your progress

3. Open workbench (Square on PS4)

4. Hit R2 to move selection to your inventory.

5. Double tap the analogue back arrow to see the junk section in your inventory.

6. Make sure only shipment of items + items are the only thing in the junk section of your inventory and workbench.

7. Hit triangle and square buttons in successions. Like tap, tap. I use my middle finger (for triangle) and pointed finger (for square).

8. Profit!

9. Repeat steps 3-8 as many as necessary.

10. Save maybe every 100 reproduction of your afraid messing things up.

Also don't forget that you CAN NOT deposit your shipment paper without doing this or else it'll be gone and you have to get another one.

To make sure you don't accidentally do this, I usually deposit the shipment papers on the most inactive companion you no longer using. In my case this is Codsworth since he's always easy to find in Sanctuary Hills using the bell. I only get them when I need it again then store then with Codsworth again.

wow thanks alot for the tips.. once you get the process going do you need to do any cleanup? or just keep tapping the buttons, like under step 6. do you need to move anything between subsequent dupes?

Also the last tip 'do not deposit shipment papers" I don't think I did this right before, do you mean you have to start the dupe with your original shipment but then its safer to store those papers afterward? I must have missed this in the youtube vid I watched... so after you are done for that session go dump them on codsworth?

BeeDog

Well, yeah, for the "Trouble Brewin'" quest you need to send him to the guy in the Goodneighbour hotel to finish it, unless you keep the robot for yourself (which I didn't). Sending him to any of the settlements is an optional way of finishing that quest.

Top Bottom