• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

So finished all 3 real "endings" I was fine with 2 of 3 of them,
Institute one seems to end suddenly might have to go back to that one and see if there's a followup or something.

Favorite Ending:
Brotherhood of Steel, walking along with Liberty Prime laying waste to everything. "Scan complete, contents contains... Sand, Clay & Communism"

PS4 is telling me I have over 9 days played... I've played alot sure but NOT that much, its a bit wonky with the Suspend mode depending where you suspend Paused or in Pip-Boy menu or something. Finished at Level 71, might double dip and return this and get it on PC. Looking to upgrade soonish for Oculus.

Only left with Benevolent Leader Nerd Trophy left to do, might try a small walkthrough I saw on Reddit for Red Rocket.

Replicant

Please be aware that the max amounts of different shipments you can dupe are 4-5. Duping more than 4-5 different types of shipments will result in you losing your shipments.

Holy *bleep* I didn't know this. You mean while duping or in general? I already duped Steel, Wood, Concrete, and Aluminium. Does it mean I can only choose one more resource to dupe? Or is it just when I duplicate them I can only do it 4 shipments at a time? If it's the former, I better choose Adhesive as my final duplication item.

wow thanks alot for the tips.. once you get the process going do you need to do any cleanup? or just keep tapping the buttons, like under step 6. do you need to move anything between subsequent dupes?

Also the last tip 'do not deposit shipment papers" I don't think I did this right before, do you mean you have to start the dupe with your original shipment but then its safer to store those papers afterward? I must have missed this in the youtube vid I watched... so after you are done for that session go dump them on codsworth?

I have one Settlement for all the duplicates. I didn't know you can just create a box. I was afraid it'll get mixed with other junks in Sanctuary and Red Rocket has limited amount of build size. I usually just dump all of the duplicate into the workshop of one Settlement (Oberon station) and link Oberon with Sanctuary via Resource Link.

I mean do not deposit it into your workbench normally (aka by pressing X or Triangle) because you'll lose it for good - as in you'll only get the amount of shipment you purchased it for (25, 50, 100, etc). The second thing is to store unused shipment papers with your companion when you're not using it so you don't accidentally press X or Triangle while emptying your junk after a journey. I haven't tried building a box and see if it works.

Only when duping @Replicant. I've tried to dupe all my shipments before and it'll work once but never again. I don't think anybody has succeeded duping more than 4-5 different types of resources. I've tried slowly pressing the buttons, to fast-as-hell presses.... No luck.

The max I've been able to dupe have been 5 different shipments. If people aren't sure, I would say stick with 4. Please also be aware that duping more than a total of near 60k of any resources will reset or remove your resources. I'm not too sure, let me check....

-DONT GO OVER 60k FOR A SINGLE ITEM-

Straight from the originators post.

Replicant

Only when duping @Replicant. I've tried to dupe all my shipments before and it'll work once but never again. I don't think anybody has succeeded duping more than 4-5 different types of resources. I've tried slowly pressing the buttons, to fast-as-hell presses.... No luck.

The max I've been able to dupe have been 5 different shipments. If people aren't sure, I would say stick with 4. Please also be aware that duping more than a total of near 60k of any resources will reset or remove your resources. I'm not too sure, let me check....

Ah, good to know. I still need copious amount of Adhesive and Oil. But if I can only have one out of the two, I will choose Adhesive.

But yeah, I never duplicate more than 3 types of shipments at the same time. Especially since I now have ridiculous amount of Woods and Steels.

Grisby

I feel like I'm playing some open world Condemned with all these mannequins.
Well that's downright terrifying.

u6EK7oS.gif
And the goddamn monkeys.

Bluenoser

Did today's patch break the auto saving feature?

I just fast traveled 3 times, and it didn't save on any of them, even though I've always had that feature turned on.

Matush

Level 50 and haven't been to Diamond City. I have problems. 😕
What? How? Are you just grinding BoS/Minutemen quests?

Also, is there any checklist for side-quests? I am already
in the Institute
and want to get as much XP/quests as I can without locking them out.

What? How? Are you just grinding BoS/Minutemen quests?

Also, is there any checklist for side-quests? I am already
in the Institute
and want to get as much XP/quests as I can without locking them out.

I just keep going back and forth on the map killing everything and picking every lock and terminal. Have done a bunch of Side Quests, but I simply can't stop myself from hoarding.

its getting really annoying that since that latest patch, everytime I close down fallout4, I have to turn off and back on the mods again everytime I want to launch it again.

Ive tried the various tricks and also got the latest nexus update, none of that shit is working.

Everyone in Sanctuary pretty much sucks. Mama Murphy with her "I'm not as useful in combat as I used to be." Blah blah, shut up, shoot up some Jet and sit in your chair, you old hag.

For the people who really hate Mama Murphy:
keep giving her the chems she asks for and after the fourth or fifth time, she'll die.

Crv756

Banned
"I want my child back"

I LoLe'd

Do you have any meat? You can cook meat, eat the roasts, get health back, and even get a bonus stat out of it. I did that for a long while until I realized I had way too many stimpacks to count.

Also, invest in the perk. Even two points makes a huge difference in how much one stimpack heals.

The thing about stimpacks is they always heal a percentage, but food does not. So food is much better at low levels when you don't have a large amount of health.

Yeha, I just did. Its my firsts Fallout game, so I still dont know that much yet. I started leveling strength and other top perks, because I thought I needed 10 stars to begin with before I could get to the other perks. I am nearly 10 stars in everything and Im lvl 20.

Did today's patch break the auto saving feature?

I just fast traveled 3 times, and it didn't save on any of them, even though I've always had that feature turned on.

I'm on PC and I've never seen the game auto-save for fast-travel. I think it's tied to the amount of time elapsed since your last auto-save, and I think it's triggered by closing your Pip-Boy. (If you look in the gameplay settings you'll see a Save in Pip-Boy option with various time intervals.)

Watevaman

I'm on PC and I've never seen the game auto-save for fast-travel. I think it's tied to the amount of time elapsed since your last auto-save, and I think it's triggered by closing your Pip-Boy. (If you look in the gameplay settings you'll see a Save in Pip-Boy option with various time intervals.)

I may be mistaken (can't check atm), but I think it autosaves right before you fast travel. So, if you fast travel from Sanctuary to Red Rocket, you'll have a save at Sanctuary. I've always thought this was just in case something was wrong at your fast travel location so you don't get stuck with a bad save.

gosox333

I can't believe how quickly I turned my opinion on how they got rid of skill points

Only perks seems really streamlined to me. I can definitely see how some could prefer the old way, but this way makes every level up a whole new decision and I like it.

I may be mistaken (can't check atm), but I think it autosaves right before you fast travel. So, if you fast travel from Sanctuary to Red Rocket, you'll have a save at Sanctuary. I've always thought this was just in case something was wrong at your fast travel location so you don't get stuck with a bad save.

Yep, [in the PS4 version] there's settings for "save on rest", "save on wait", "save on travel", and "save in pip-boy".

The "save on travel" has been super helpful all those times when I fast-travel and, upon arrival, get a "failed to defend settlement" notification.

I find that easy

1. Make sure shipment of items + the items are THE ONLY THINGS in your junk section of your workbench and your inventory.

2. Save your progress

3. Open workbench (Square on PS4)

4. Hit R2 to move selection to your inventory.

5. Double tap the analogue back arrow to see the junk section in your inventory.

6. Make sure only shipment of items + items are the only thing in the junk section of your inventory and workbench.

7. Hit triangle and square buttons in successions. Like tap, tap. I use my middle finger (for triangle) and pointed finger (for square).

8. Profit!

9. Repeat steps 3-8 as many as necessary.

10. Save maybe every 100 reproduction of your afraid messing things up.

this doesnt seem to be working for me anymore? was doing it for wood

did they hot fix it?

making me wish I had a PC that can run this game

Bluenoser

On PS4 when I go to gameplay settings I see options for:

Save on Rest
Save on Travel
Save on Wait

I have them all set to "on" but save on travel isn't working all of a sudden.

I'm on PC too, it's always saving for me. Here are the settings.

On PS4 when I go to gameplay settings I see options for:

Save on Rest
Save on Travel
Save on Wait

I have them all set to "on" but save on travel isn't working all of a sudden.

I'm on PC too, it's always saving for me. Here are the settings.

I am guilty of selective reading of that Options screen, I actually never noticed the three Save On... options above the Pip-Boy one. I stand corrected! It does indeed sound like a bug.

Faenix1

Well shoot, hit my firstsecond bug today I can't fix by a simple save/reload. (Forgot about the "Level 4" settlers that vanish)

Dependancy Quest:
Tina won't leave Vault 81. Nor can I choose where to send her.

Anyways,
Is the settlement beacon "on" when it's green? I merely ask because I've had it green for over a days worth of game time now - give or take a few hours - and I don't think I've gotten more than one settler come to Santuary. How the hell am I suppose to get more people?
I have 20 beds, a crap load of water/food, 72+ defense cause why not.

Hope a patch in the future updates the building UI a bit, such as a list of settlers at the settlement you're in and if anyone is unassigned.

Also either workers don't harvest, or it's a bug that they do and it doesn't appear in the workshop. Which is kind of lame since I have 20+ Corn and Tato but always have to harvest Mutfruit, which I need to get more of. But I can't get more since I don't think I have any spare settlers cause the UI to figure that out is crap. *sigh* lol

It's always good to know where you stand with people. Say, if you give a group a place to live, plant crops for them, supply water, and defenses, but then steal 2 coffee cups, they will proceed to (attempt to) murder you. :)

johnsmith

remember me
Well shoot, hit my first bug today I can't fix by a simple save/reload.

Dependancy Quest:
Tina won't leave Vault 81. Nor can I choose where to send her.

Yeah, the only way the quest ends correctly is if you
taunt her brother in to attacking you and you kill him. Then you get to send her somewhere and she'll actually show up there
But she's still bugged, and has no dialogue at all while in your settlement.

Faenix1

Yeah, the only way the quest ends correctly is if you
taunt her brother in to attacking you and you kill him. Then you get to send her somewhere and she'll actually show up there
But she's still bugged, and has no dialogue at all while in your settlement.

I assume you could at least give her a job?
May have to see if I have a save before I helped that druggy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally bought and installing now!

Given that the game has been out for a while, anyone want to give me some SPECIAL tips? I like playing primarily Crit/VATS builds. My thoughts right now:

Build!

I know...A little LTTP, but I was hoping you guys could help make with making sure I'm hitting early points. Lockpicking, settlement stuff, salvage bonus, VATS like woah. Thoughts? Am I wasting points if I love to craft and <3 VATS?

E: Dropping Perception to 3 because apparently that's the first bobblehead you find. Popping it in Int.

johnsmith

remember me

Given that the game has been out for a while, anyone want to give me some SPECIAL tips? I like playing primarily Crit/VATS builds. My thoughts right now:

Build!

I know...A little LTTP, but I was hoping you guys could help make with making sure I'm hitting early points. Lockpicking, settlement stuff, salvage bonus, VATS like woah. Thoughts? Am I wasting points if I love to craft and <3 VATS?

I'd drop a point of Luck for 1 more Int so you have access to Science! Rank 1 opens up some nice settlement items, power armor mods, and energy weapon mods.

skyhaven

Neo Member

Build!

E: Dropping Perception to 3 because apparently that's the first bobblehead you find. Popping it in Int.

If you want to spend a lot of time in VATS, put all points on AGI 10 and LUK 8
Endlessly chain VATS with Grim Reaper Sprint Triggers. You can only build criticals when you land a shot during VATS, so that's why AG is important.

Top Bottom