• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Grisby

Finally getting done with Cait. Decided to do an evil streak and take some questionable side quests.

It's so fun to be bad sometimes.

I also have to set aside some time to build my base. Just building a water purifier near Sanctuary's water and hooking a genny was pleasurable.
So it is solid on PS4 now?
Haven't gone back to the corvega deal but there were still loads of drops in other areas that I was at tonight.

Watevaman

Just did my first settlement defense. I was expecting a bunch of raiders or something but nope, it was 6 super mutant overlords, one with a minigun and one with a missile launcher. I normally don't get anywhere near dying but I had to use a bunch of stimpaks on this one.

Hmm...will this work? Can someone please test? I'm at work atm.

I play Bloodborne offline and I would never go online with it so I decided to use the dupe glitch on Bloodborne. Forgot I had updated Bloodborne after the patch to fix the duping and I deleted the install data. Installed it again and it was still at the patch that fixes the duping.

I think the games install the latest patch whenever you install any game sadly. I did try it with my internet on so that might play a factor.

RowdyReverb

I just started the mission where you meet X6-88, but two BoS Knights spawned in the area. They traded shots for a while and X6-88 inevitably got knocked down. The BoS Knights would dust off their power armored hands and walk off, until X6-88 stood back up and opened fire on them again. I let this go on for 5 cycles until I just reloaded an earlier save.

Edit: Tried again and he picked a fight with a Vertibird. I just did the mission without him.

Replicant

I play Bloodborne offline and I would never go online with it so I decided to use the dupe glitch on Bloodborne. Forgot I had updated Bloodborne after the patch to fix the duping and I deleted the install data. Installed it again and it was still at the patch that fixes the duping.

I think the games install the latest patch whenever you install any game sadly. I did try it with my internet on so that might play a factor.

maybe for the disc version but if your digital it will alway include the latest patch...

does anyone know if the settlement building size glitch still works on ps4???

If you have a save with a patch number that doesn't match, you won't be able to use it. But you can delete your file and start a new game fresh with all the ammo and resource duping.

*sigh* Thanks guys. I guess I'll find out the....fallout of this patch later tonight. :(

On a less depressing story, I was on my way to save someone from a group of Raiders when this Raider in Power Armor started attacking. I tried to fight when lo and behold, a random Deathclaw enters the ring. He didn't notice me since I was crouching and proceeded to pummel the Raider in Power Armor. And the winrar is....Mr.Deathclaw, who now only had half life thanks to his previous fight. So I easily ended his life and looted both dead bodies. I LOVE IT when NPC fights against another NPC.

SlickVic

In the 20 hours or so I've played so far, I feel the only step back I've really noticed from Fallout 3 is you can no longer bring an additional companion along with Dogmeat. I like taking Dogmeat with me wherever I go, but it also feels nice to have another talking character accompanying me on my journey.

johnsmith

remember me
It's driving me crazy that I can't use the num pad for my item shortcuts anymore. Any way to enable this again? Not sure why they thought this would be an improvement.

I have recently taken to trying to steal power armor frames from raiders. It's the kind of thing I can only really get away with by abusing quickload/quicksave, but perhaps someone who's leveled up the pickpocket skill could make this a viable playstyle, especially later in the game when more power armor shows up.

though I guess there are tons of frames just scattered around the Commonwealth, though I've only stumbled onto six or seven myself

RowdyReverb

I've reached the point where I have to decide between factions, so as per tradition with Bethesda games I'll just play side quests and explore while putting the decision off until I'm sick of the game and never actually see how it ends.

brau

WTH did the update do? i am getting terrible dips in frames using the scope, as well as a bunch of broken mods :(

it has a slight slowdown now that i had not experienced before. Playing on PC.

joecanada

Huh so the vendor glitch is patched for sure. Also this must be my imagination but my framerate was absolutely shit after the patch like I had to stop playing.... Please tell me it was just cuz I was downtown because I can't play that way

Huh so the vendor glitch is patched for sure. Also this must be my imagination but my framerate was absolutely shit after the patch like I had to stop playing.... Please tell me it was just cuz I was downtown because I can't play that way
Not seeing any issues myself

When are you locked out of all of the factions except for the one you choose to be apart of? What quest is it?

It will tell you.

But if you really must know,
Mass Fusion for BoS/Institute and then the following mission or one right after that is when the railroad make their move, or you chose the institute route.

Well I managed to complete Fallout 4 with my first character by siding with the Brotherhood.

My new character I almost did a speed run through and did institute ending and I've gone back an hour to do the railroad one which I am about to start the Nuclear option.

Have some questions:

Once I have completed this run I am going to focus on doing everything with my second character so when DLC comes I have two choices. I have done none of the minute men quests in my second play through, can I do them once I've completed the game or do I need to focus on them now?

I'm trying to pickpocket a grenade for that achievement yet I'm never successful, has anyone done it with a companion lurking about?

My castle base has broken, I got it up to 99 happiness, but there was not an up arrow, so i decided to shift someone to a different shop. Somehow doing so unassigned everyone in the base, happiness dropped immediately to 91 as they had no food.

I reassigned everyone again but the radio guy won't sit back down, complains the radio doesn't have power, which it does.

At first the happiness was going back up and got to 96, I went away and it's gone down to 86, the minutemen are disappearing without the radio being on.

I played all last night thinking it was going to sort it self out, so I'm going to lose 4 hours of play to sort it out reloading an old save, joy.

Happiness seems unnecessarily difficult.

I think you need a certain perk for it to work.

Yeah, I have it at its lowest level so may add to it just for the acheivement

My castle base has broken, I got it up to 99 happiness, but there was not an up arrow, so i decided to shift someone to a different shop. Somehow doing so unassigned everyone in the base, happiness dropped immediately to 91 as they had no food.

I reassigned everyone again but the radio guy won't sit back down, complains the radio doesn't have power, which it does.

At first the happiness was going back up and got to 96, I went away and it's gone down to 86, the minutemen are disappearing without the radio being on.

I played all last night thinking it was going to sort it self out, so I'm going to lose 4 hours of play to sort it out reloading an old save, joy.

Happiness seems unnecessarily difficult.

Getting 100% is awful, I have tried all the tricks but it never goes to 100%. I am just going to use my second run to build a settlement at every location. 100% is a pipe dream for me

Platinum done, Benevolent leader wasn't too bad. I followed the following and got it.

Go to a small settlement like Red Rocket Station. Build 6 or 7 beds indoors. Plant 6 mutfruit. Build defense up to about 60. Build 5 tier3 (surgery station) clinics. Build enough wooden crates until your size goes yellow, meaning becomes large. You find wooden crates under furniture/containers. Build 2 or 3 water pumps. I did it with 3 but should work with 2. Go to another settlement and send 6 people to your chosen settlement, or use recruitment radio beacon (make sure to disable beacon after 6 people have arrived). Assign 1 person for food. Assign rest 5 people to clinics. 1 for each clinic. Wait for happiness to go up. After happiness goes up, sleep for 24 hours (thats why I made 7 beds, 1 for me). Repeat previous sentence.

P.S. Never leave the settlement while doing this. It could bug out and happiness could drop.

EDIT: People have been saying that you don't need to build crates to increase the size. You can still get the trophy without it. Also some have said that adding pictures increases happiness speed.

Only deviation was an extra settler for a supply line and one more clinic as it stopped at 98% happiness for me. Made a small clip with a walk around. https://youtu.be/dUJ2YJiDUjg

Getting 100% is awful, I have tried all the tricks but it never goes to 100%. I am just going to use my second run to build a settlement at every location. 100% is a pipe dream for me
It just seems odd I need 14 clinics to get it that high, but who would build a base like that. Even with normal shops you wouldn't build more than one of each naturally.

I need moral help here. Which
faction choice, with out spoiling too much, would be the morally correct choice? I've gotten to the point where I've met father and he asked me to join. They seem to have good intentions but are they for all intents and purposes the bad guys? ...he's my son doe, how could I go against him?!!! I've literally got to the point where I'm supposed to walk around and talk to the folks at the institute. I'm in such a conundrum as to what to do I've stopped playing lol.

I hear he likes the formula for milk of human kindness.

I tried sending him to the Red Light District, but things apparently got messy.

faction choice, with out spoiling too much, would be the morally correct choice? I've gotten to the point where I've met father and he asked me to join. They seem to have good intentions but are they for all intents and purposes the bad guys? ...he's my son doe, how could I go against him?!!! I've literally got to the point where I'm supposed to walk around and talk to the folks at the institute. I'm in such a conundrum as to what to do I've stopped playing lol.

There is no morally correct choice. They're all assholes. The Brotherhood are too extreme, the Railroad are a bunch of idiots and the Institute like to murder real people and replace them with their robots.

Go with the Minutemen if you want the most 'goody two shoes' option, I guess.

Replicant

Everything I do,
Strong
dislikes. Is there anything that he likes?

Sending him to Sunshine Co-Op Tidings to live with the corpses of those dead ghouls. >:)

Fuck Strong and fuck his milk of human kindness. He needs to live ALONE for the rest of his unnatural life.

Im struggling with the very same thing. The Institute could really create a better future for everyone involved. However, I dont know how I like their treatment of synths. And it really comes down to a philosophical question. Can robots have the same personal freedoms that humans do? Is that even possible? We look at the turning test for answers, which the synths easily pass. However, I have issues with the turning test. Just because you can trick me into thinking your human doesnt mean that you have the same capacities of a human.

The game brought up free will as well, and I dont think thats a good way to judge this as well. Because I dont even believe that humans have free will. I believe that we operate on contingency plans, learning histories, operiant, instrumental, and classical conditioning. We are on schedule of reinforcements. Every behavior we do could be determined before hand if we had the right tech and techniques to do it. I would say the closest that anyone can achieve to free will is through reason and reflection. Having an awareness of what motivates you, why you do the things that you do, and being aware that you can manipulate your environment in such a way that it changes the way you act. In those regards the synths are very much human.

Also, you could think of it in existentialist terms, the synths would be human by those standards as well. From my understanding modern existentialism is relzing that life has no inherent meaning, and yet creating meaning for yourself. I also agree with that sentiment, and its easy to see that the synths do create meaning for themselves.

So in my eyes the institue is clearly treating the synths wrongly, and its upsetting to me. However, if I become director could I change the way in which we treat synths? Could I allow them to have the liberties that I think they deserve? If so I'll gladly destory to railroad. If I could not do those things, I still could use the institues technology to better the lives of everyone else. Is that more important the synths situation? I dont know.

Disxo

Im struggling with the very same thing. The Institute could really create a better future for everyone involved. However, I dont know how I like their treatment of synths. And it really comes down to a philosophical question. Can robots have the same personal freedoms that humans do? Is that even possible? We look at the turning test for answers, which the synths easily pass. However, I have issues with the turning test. Just because you can trick me into thinking your human doesnt mean that you have the same capacities of a human.

The game brought up free will as well, and I dont think thats a good way to judge this as well. Because I dont even believe that humans have free will. I believe that we operate on contingency plans, learning histories, operiant, instrumental, and classical conditioning. We are on schedule of reinforcements. Every behavior we do could be determined before hand if we had the right tech and techniques to do it. I would say the closest that anyone can achieve to free will is through reason and reflection. Having an awareness of what motivates you, why you do the things that you do, and being aware that you can manipulate your environment in such a way that it changes the way you act. In those regards the synths are very much human.

Also, you could think of it in existentialist terms, the synths would be human by those standards as well. From my understanding modern existentialism is relzing that life has no inherent meaning, and yet creating meaning for yourself. I also agree with that sentiment, and its easy to see that the synths do create meaning for themselves.

So in my eyes the institue is clearly treating the synths wrongly, and its upsetting to me. However, if I become director could I change the way in which we treat synths? Could I allow them to have the liberties that I think they deserve? If so I'll gladly destory to railroad. If I could not do those things, I still could use the institues technology to better the lives of everyone else. Is that more important the synths situation? I dont know.

Choose the brotherhood and end with those complex questions.
Nah, I have the same doubts as you, anyone knows if the railroad ending doesnt have collateral damage?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So i talked to tom after completing the appropriate quests for
ballistic weave
he brought it up yet it doesnt pop up in the crafting options. What gives?

CloudWolf

Choose the brotherhood and end with those complex questions.
Nah, I have the same doubts as you, anyone knows if the railroad ending doesnt have collateral damage?
(this post contains spoilers for every faction)

None of the endings have no collateral damage. In The Railroad ending you murder the Broherhood of Steel and blow up The Institute. In the Brotherhood of Steel ending you murder The Railroad and blow up The Institute. And in The Institute ending you murder the Brotherhood of Steel and The Railroad. The only ending where you can limit your collateral damage is The Minutemen ending since you only have to blow up The Institute (unless you also piss off the Brotherhood of Steel, in which case you have to murder them as well).

It's my main gripe with the ending of the game, since it doesn't actually make sense for any of the factions that the only option is 'kill the other one'. The only one that sort of makes sense is The Institute wanting to kill the Brotherhood of Steel and even that should be avoidable with some common sense.

- The Institute clearly has tech that could be used to rebuild the Commonwealth (Minutemen), could be used to become stronger (Brotherhood) or could be used to make more 'free synths' (Railroad). All that tech is lost when you nuke them out of existence, which the game handles as the only option.

- The Railroad doesn't have to murder The Brotherhood, the only reason you must kill them in the climax is because they found the Railroad base, which happened before with The Institute and back then they just moved their base. Why the fuck should this breach suddenly cause The Railroad to go on the offense?

- The Brotherhood and The Institute don't have to murder The Railroad because they're not actually dangerous.

- The Institute shouldn't need to murder the Brotherhood of Steel. Just replace the Elder with a synth and they could be off their backs forever. In fact, a cut questline for the BoS had Danse (who is a synth) replacing Maxon as Elder, so they already had the first step for this option in place.

I loved this game up until
you got to the Institute. The pacing changed in a very negative way after that. Perhaps having multiple choices on who to side with isn't always the best way to do it, I don't know. The rest of the game felt rushed to me after that. The joy I had in the game drifted away and I quit playing for about a week before I came back and did a couple quests to see the ending. Of course it was your typical Fallout ending... but it could have been better honestly. This feeling of disappointment that this game left me is exactly why it'll never be my GotY.

CloudWolf

I loved this game up until
you got to the Institute. The pacing changed in a very negative way after that. Perhaps having multiple choices on who to side with isn't always the best way to do it, I don't know. The rest of the game felt rushed to me after that. The joy I had in the game drifted away and I quit playing for about a week before I came back and did a couple quests to see the ending. Of course it was your typical Fallout ending... but it could have been better honestly. This feeling of disappointment that this game left me is exactly why it'll never be my GotY.

Eh...
I'd argue that the ending isn't your typical Fallout ending. In Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas and even Tactics the long-term consequences of pretty much all your choices (and in New Vegas also whether your companions lived or not) were all discussed in great detail, which led to a completely different ending every time you played the games. Even in Fallout 3 which had the most straightforward ending of all the pre-Fallout 4 games (not counting Brotherhood of Steel, because fuck that game) your choices were still reflected in the ending. In Fallout 4 none of your choices are reflected except for what faction you went with, the rest is a standard 'this is were we started and now we're here'-ending.

Roni

I really wish the quests can be categorized in the pip-boy. Minutemen missions under one tab, main under another, etc. I have like 10 quests and it just makes looking at the list a mess.

Minuteman Radiant quests are probably the biggest issue I have with the game in regards to what's actually in it. Every other faction lets you opt into quests, Preston simply shoves those Minutemen quests down your throat.

I've stopped going to Castle because of it.

Deathclaws ain't shit.

gHfOEAW.gif

Minuteman Radiant quests are probably the biggest issue I have with the game in regards to what's actually in it. Every other faction lets you opt into quests, Preston simply shoves those Minutemen quests down your throat.

I've stopped going to Castle because of it.

Yeah, I let one of them fail and now just don't go speaking to Preston anymore. My quest log is blissfully clean.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
My PS4 was stolen last week and along with it my F4 savedata. Bought a new PS4 (and Fallout, since it was in the console when it was stolen) and pretty much powered through - now at the same level (25) and place in the main storyline. This false start of sorts has some pros and cons. I made a character that much better fits my playing style (sneaky sniper), am much more efficient in getting resources for weapon and armor mods and this really helps me not die as much as I did before. But I'm totally ignoring a lot of Minutemen and BoS missions since it's a drag to do them again and I'm sorta avoiding some locations since I spend a lot of time there already. Luckily this game is so big, right in my first hour out of the Vault I already stumbled upon 3 locations I hadn't found yet in my previous session. Non-linearity really helps with that.

Not wrapping up MGSV and losing that data still hurts though.

Top Bottom