• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I just found out that the game is adding supply lines between settlements on its own. There are two or three that I didn't add, and worse they're redundant. I really wish there was a better way to manage these other than tracking down the one Provisioner while they're still in a settlement and reassigning them.

Does anybody know if there is a fix for (main quest spoliers):
all of the merchants and settlers in Bunker Hill cowering even after The Battle for Bunker Hill is over? I can't detect any enemies nearby and it's been in-game weeks since the battle took place. I warned the Railroad about it and there are still Railroad and Synth bodies strewn about. I can still interact with all of the merchants and settlers normally but they won't get out of the "duck and cover" pose.

Disxo

(this post contains spoilers for every faction)

None of the endings have no collateral damage. In The Railroad ending you murder the Broherhood of Steel and blow up The Institute. In the Brotherhood of Steel ending you murder The Railroad and blow up The Institute. And in The Institute ending you murder the Brotherhood of Steel and The Railroad. The only ending where you can limit your collateral damage is The Minutemen ending since you only have to blow up The Institute (unless you also piss off the Brotherhood of Steel, in which case you have to murder them as well).

It's my main gripe with the ending of the game, since it doesn't actually make sense for any of the factions that the only option is 'kill the other one'. The only one that sort of makes sense is The Institute wanting to kill the Brotherhood of Steel and even that should be avoidable with some common sense.

- The Institute clearly has tech that could be used to rebuild the Commonwealth (Minutemen), could be used to become stronger (Brotherhood) or could be used to make more 'free synths' (Railroad). All that tech is lost when you nuke them out of existence, which the game handles as the only option.

- The Railroad doesn't have to murder The Brotherhood, the only reason you must kill them in the climax is because they found the Railroad base, which happened before with The Institute and back then they just moved their base. Why the fuck should this breach suddenly cause The Railroad to go on the offense?

- The Brotherhood and The Institute don't have to murder The Railroad because they're not actually dangerous.

- The Institute shouldn't need to murder the Brotherhood of Steel. Just replace the Elder with a synth and they could be off their backs forever. In fact, a cut questline for the BoS had Danse (who is a synth) replacing Maxon as Elder, so they already had the first step for this option in place.

Thank you for the explanation :D
Well that is dissapointing, guess I will just choose the faction that I like the most:
The institute.
I still wonder why they cut that ending though (maybe they didnt have enough time?)

My PS4 was stolen last week and along with it my F4 savedata. Bought a new PS4 (and Fallout, since it was in the console when it was stolen) and pretty much powered through - now at the same level (25) and place in the main storyline. This false start of sorts has some pros and cons. I made a character that much better fits my playing style (sneaky sniper), am much more efficient in getting resources for weapon and armor mods and this really helps me not die as much as I did before. But I'm totally ignoring a lot of Minutemen and BoS missions since it's a drag to do them again and I'm sorta avoiding some locations since I spend a lot of time there already. Luckily this game is so big, right in my first hour out of the Vault I already stumbled upon 3 locations I hadn't found yet in my previous session. Non-linearity really helps with that.

Not wrapping up MGSV and losing that data still hurts though.
You don't have PS+? If you do all of your saves are automatically uploaded every night to the cloud.

Grieves

Some advise please:

I'm still low level (lvl 8) and stumbled across something last night and I don't know if I have messed anything up.

I was somewhere between
Diamond City and the Combat zone and came across a cult leader who wanted me to give up all my stuff to reach enlightenment.
I have a high Charisma so was able to threaten to get out of the situation. Now I don't know if I should have proceeded or I have missed out on something good. I still have an auto-save from before the event so I can go back but don't know whether I should.

Your advise please.

Some advise please:

I'm still low level (lvl 8) and stumbled across something last night and I don't know if I have messed anything up.

I was somewhere between
Diamond City and the Combat zone and came across a cult leader who wanted me to give up all my stuff to reach enlightenment.
I have a high Charisma so was able to threaten to get out of the situation. Now I don't know if I should have proceeded or I have missed out on something good. I still have an auto-save from before the event so I can go back but don't know whether I should.

Your advise please.

That's just a silly small encounter. You can either give them all your stuff, pass the speech check, or resist and kill everyone. There's no quest tied to it or anything important.

Guys, im on the fence about Fallout 4.

I absolutely love New Vegas and have over 400 hours on it.

I Recently played Skyrim and liked at first, but found it repetitive with those lots of endless dungeons and lack of choices on dialogues.

I Have never played Fallout 3.

What are my chances of playing Fallout 4 and falling in love with it?

CloudWolf

I Recently played Skyrim and liked at first, but found it repetitive with those lots of endless dungeons and lack of choices on dialogues.

Very small if you didn't like Skyrim.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
You don't have PS+? If you do all of your saves are automatically uploaded every night to the cloud.

Nope, I figured I barely got enough time to play the games I'm interested anyway (the only games I played this year are Witcher 3, MGSV, Helldivers and Fallout 4), and I didn't know PS+ also had that feature. Too bad! I might actually get PS+ now, so this won't happen again.

Any new item duplication glitches? I can't get the dogmeat one to work and I don't know if saves are backwards compatible with earlier versions of the game so I don't want to delete my gamedata yet.

Very small if you didn't like Skyrim.

To be fair, I never got more than a few hours into Skyrim and have poured tons of time into Fallout 4. But I think I'm just a sucker for Fallout's setting versus the Elder Scrolls stuff. Based on the original complaint about Skyrim, I'd probably agree with the above--Fallout 4's weak points are dialogue and repetitive side quests.

Mohonky

Goddamn this game has some frustrating aspects, the entire 'Settlements' thing is so vague and poorly executed.

- next to no explanation on how the whole thing works, especially on individual things you craft etc. created stores, was expecting income. Couldnt figure out why I wasnt getting anything, had to do a google search to figure out wtf was going on.
- no way to tell who is doing what in your settlement. Putting a settler on a task might just be removing them from another and as a result you could end up chasing your tail wondering why other tasks need to be filled continuously.
- no way to know who is on supply lines. I want to cancel a supply line and give it a more direct route, good luck working out who has been designated to that one.
- happiness? How does it work? Who knows, there are a lot of people on forums guessing, but nothing concrete.

Everything about this settlement stuff is such a trial and error practice. Its like they got half way through implementing it and never finished it. So much of it is completely unexplained, poorly organised and convoluted I don't even really know whats really going on with it.

I like this whole settlement thing but fuck me if it isnt unnecesarily ambiguous and lacking critical details on individual tasks and menus to give you a better overview of what is actually going on there and who is doing what. Its really fristrating.

Mind you so much of this game feels that way. Thankfully modders have been able to make some sense of the shit going on with extra options in Inv Management etc, but so many basic things it just seems this game needed were completely overlooked or not bothered with.

If you didn't like Skyrim, you probably won't like this, or at the very least be very disappointed with it since you've only played New Vegas. I'd suggest waiting for a sale.

CloudWolf

- no way to tell who is doing what in your settlement. Putting a settler on a task might just be removing them from another and as a result you could end up chasing your tail wondering why other tasks need to be filled continuously.
- no way to know who is on supply lines. I want to cancel a supply line and give it a more direct route, good luck working out who has been designated to that one.
There is a way to know who's on supply lines, they are renamed from Settler to 'Provisioner' and will complain about sore feet whenever you walk past them. Though I wonder why they didn't do this with the other tasks as well.

Set someone on a shop --> NPC is now called Shopkeeper
Set someone on vegetables --> NPC is now called Farmer
Set someone as guard --> NPC is now called Guard

Keep the Settlers for new arrivals/people without a job.

Would've made things way easier to manage.

That's just a silly small encounter. You can either give them all your stuff, pass the speech check, or resist and kill everyone. There's no quest tied to it or anything important.

There actually is a quest tied to that, but fortunately if you
kill them, the leader magically comes back so you can finish the quest

How do you get Minutemen quests?

Building settlements, the first quests you get from Garvey at start of game, keep following those. The minutemen aren't really a major faction so they dont really have story quests to do, they are all about claiming/building settlements, and the repeating defense or trouble at settlement quests that are infinite.

Any new item duplication glitches? I can't get the dogmeat one to work and I don't know if saves are backwards compatible with earlier versions of the game so I don't want to delete my gamedata yet.

I'll be updated with the glitches as soon as something comes up.

SAiLO

Yesterday I've noticed a roll of duct tape one the floor and thought: 'I should pick that up, it's useful'

Must be playing too much Fallout 4.

Man, I am absolutely terrible when it comes to making decisions that are morally grey. I need to decide whether to kill or free
Lorenzo
. I think I'm going to free him but I'll have a coffee and a cigarette and think it through.

What's up with this iron sights/scope bug that teleports you? One of the strangest damn bugs I've seen in these buggy games. I aimed down my scope, and it teleported me the distance of, say, Sanctuary to Lexington.

CloudWolf

What's up with this iron sights/scope bug that teleports you? One of the strangest damn bugs I've seen in these buggy games. I aimed down my scope, and it teleported me the distance of, say, Sanctuary to Lexington.
Very early on in the game I randomly teleported from Diamon City to a shipwreck with a bunch orf raiders on it. I got killed before I realized what had happened.

Man, I am absolutely terrible when it comes to making decisions that are morally grey. I need to decide whether to kill or free
Lorenzo
. I think I'm going to free him but I'll have a coffee and a cigarette and think it through.

Let me know how it goes...

I
let him go at first, then when he said he was going to kill the family i murdered him as he was walking out of the cell

What the hell? I can't load my game. I've tried older save files as well..... It keeps freezing on the load screen and kicking me out. Tried hard reset of the Xbox. Do I have to delete and reinstall? I won't lose my save will I? I'm level 41 and haven't even started the main story except for a few missions. I dont want to do everything all over again.

Handy Fake

What the hell? I can't load my game. I've tried older save files as well..... It keeps freezing on the load screen and kicking me out. Tried hard reset of the Xbox. Do I have to delete and reinstall? I won't lose my save will I? I'm level 41 and haven't even started the main story except for a few missions. I dont want to do everything all over again.

Wow just had my first freeze after the patch.

Oh great also on xb1 it froze while auto saving.

This doesn't sound good...

Top Bottom