• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

zerotol

Banned
I thought the silver shroud missions were going to be lame.

Now i want an entire game based on the silver shroud.

I loved those missions. Wish there were more like them. It's when the game didn't take itself too seriously and it was entertaining because of it.

Let me know how it goes...

I
let him go at first, then when he said he was going to kill the family i murdered him as he was walking out of the cell
I freed him and killed the family. Instant regret, especially for Edward. My "reward" is a vial of that mysterious serum every time I need one. I'm sure it'll come in handy later in the game, particularly as my character is strength-based, but I already have 4 vials of the stuff and I'm not sure I'll ever need it all.

johnsmith

remember me
The best reward from that quest are the paintings that are unlocked afterwards. I have Emogene plastered all over my settlements
not really

RowdyReverb

If you kill patrolling Synths or BoS Knights in the wasteland, that doesn't affect your faction affiliation, right? Your companion might get upset, but no other consequences?

If you kill patrolling Synths or BoS Knights in the wasteland, that doesn't affect your faction affiliation, right? Your companion might get upset, but no other consequences?

Yea pretty much. They only become hostile to you when you make certain quest choices which makes the faction your enemy.

sW21tvO.jpg

Finished off my melee character today. Once I hit 'The Molecular Level' things just started going fast.
I bashed Father's head in upon arriving, defended the Castle from the Institute and went back to blow the place up, all in the span of an hour.

All in all, I had fun with her. Smashing things is pretty cool, even though I invested five perks into Stealth and still never managed to effectively pull it off. Either I'd get spotted right away or I'd miss my attacks and alert the enemies to my presence. Charging into a group of enemies and swinging a hammer around never gets old, though.

Think I'm gonna go back to the Witcher 3 for a bit, start an NG+ there. Fallout 4's got its flaws, but it's definitely my game of the year. I hope Bethesda listens to its fans when it comes to the next installment/Elder Scrolls. Some of their additions were cool, others they can just leave behind. I might invest in the PC version if I can get it for cheap and start modding it already, I'm starting to get a load of ideas about things I want different.

I disabled the conversation camera today and was surprised at how much it felt like Skyrim all of a sudden. Now I need that mod that changes the conversation window and the one that makes your player character silent again.

Then, hopefully, once the Creation Kit comes out, we'll get some good stuff to rearrange some of the final questlines.

I'll probably end up buying the GOTY Edition in 2 years or so when it's $10 during a sale on Steam for the mods, but until then once I finish my playthrough I don't see a reason to replay.

Amory

I kind of broke the game when i fully upgraded the "Deliverer" pistol you get
during one of the Railroad missions.

It's just too good of a gun, especially when you're sneaking and pump up the Ninja perk all the way. 10 mm ammo is easy to come by, too.

Beefy

Seemed like a waste of a perk. I ended my first run with hundreds of bobby pins.

Sell them? People are getting to level 90+, even I am level 63 atm. Basically unlocked all the perks I wanted to do. Now putting more in luck and random perks. I have a feeling you could unlock 3/4 of the perks.

Sell them? People are getting to level 90+, even I am level 63 atm. Basically unlocked all the perks I wanted to do. Now putting more in luck and random perks. I have a feeling you could unlock 3/4 of the perks.

There's no cap, you could technically get every perk on a single character.

Pakoe

Alright after 111 hours i'm done with the game, not gonna get all the achievements because i don't care about those. Overall the game doesn't feel like a real successor of Fallout 3, seems like they took one step forward and two steps back. It's still a must play, but i expected some more out of this.
I took the
Institute
ending, and wow how bad was that. Went to youtube to see the other ending and those are just as bad. Overall the whole story lacked so many things, i don't even know where to start. They keep throwing you in situations that don't make any sense, yet the only option is to say yes to all of it. All these cons aside, i still had allot of fun with the game and besides GTA 5, this is the only game this year that gave me this feeling.
Gonna wait for the DLC to drop and see what those bring, for now it's time for me to start with the Witcher 3.

Yeah but the perk of the gun is that it lets you queue up a ton of shots in VATS, so I don't usually need to aim manually

Plus, it looks like a "regular" modern pistol. You can also make a character that looks like Leon S. Kennedy and main the deliverer!

I can't wait until weapon skins make it in for consoles. It's going to be crazy lol

Westraid

What the hell? I can't load my game. I've tried older save files as well..... It keeps freezing on the load screen and kicking me out. Tried hard reset of the Xbox. Do I have to delete and reinstall? I won't lose my save will I? I'm level 41 and haven't even started the main story except for a few missions. I dont want to do everything all over again.

After hearing about corrupted saves, I decided to stay offline for a while, but I did look around a bit. Apparently, this guy fixed the issue. "shut the Xbox down entirely, as in turn it off by the plug. Then restart and it works"

No idea if it works for anyone who has the issue, but may be helpful. Hope this get sorted out soon. :(
Does this only happen for XBO, and to everyone, or are some people just unlucky?

v0mitg0d

So I was in Diamond City taking care of some business when suddenly a Triggerman started taking shots at me. I have no idea who they are or what quests set them off, but I didnt want to attack back just in case this was some kind of bug. So I tried to get Diamond City Security involved by walking near them and they wouldn't attack back. So I tried to lure the Triggerman so while shooting me he would also hit the security guard, but all the guard would say is "I don't see anything."

Comical. Kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIx8EcasaQ

Amory

So I was in Diamond City taking care of some business when suddenly a Triggerman started taking shots at me. I have no idea who they are or what quests set them off, but I didnt want to attack back just in case this was some kind of bug. So I tried to get Diamond City Security involved by walking near them and they wouldn't attack back. So I tried to lure the Triggerman so while shooting me he would also hit the security guard, but all the guard would say is "I don't see anything."

Comical. Kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIx8EcasaQ

Pretty sure they were hired by
that rich kid's father after the chem deal ambush mission
. He came up to me after that mission and said "you'll regret this" or something like that.

Beefy

Pretty sure they were hired by
that rich kid's father after the chem deal ambush mission
. He came up to me after that mission and said "you'll regret this" or something like that.
See I managed to
make the father think it was the chem seller. So he gave me 400 caps to kill the guy.

Anyone having an issue with miscellaneous quests not popping up?

In my first playthrough, whenever an NPC spoke to me I would get a quests about going to a random place like Covenant or the Museum. In my 2nd playthrough though, they don't seem to register.

ramyeon

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm starting Fallout 4 as my first Fallout game and was wondering what would be best to invest my SPECIAL stats into at the start? I thought they were just stat points that you add to as you levle up but this doesn't seem to be the case?Went with 4 for everything at first and I'm thinking this may have been a mistake.

psylah

Haha, on this point, will companions actually leave if you piss them off enough? Strong in particular dislikes pretty much everything I do but he's sticking around.

Oh yeah. I started killing settlers with Curie as my companion and she hated all of it, and the game decided to pause the combat and asked me where I wanted to send her, as if I was dismissing her. She was fed up.

Of course, I was just fucking around and reloaded a save.

joecanada

That's true. An Idiot Savante build might help alleviate the pressure from that but I have no interest in playing a single character for that long haha.

Idiot savant was tested over hundreds of XP conditions and found to actually boost XP of any character including INT 10, and bonus for any levels below 10.

its on reddit.

What Cait actually likes? and what she doesn't like? Im so confused

I had sent her to Abernathy and saw her shooting up! So she must like jet or crack or something... also doesn't she like bad stuff? stealing and whatnot? I haven't used her much.

Faenix1

I'm at 9 Int right now and get it once and awhile.

Think in an hour building at Santuary I got it more than twice - obviously not as much as when I only had 6 Int, which was pretty nice. Don't regret getting Idiot Savant Rank 2, sometimes get over 500 exp from stuff. lol

joecanada

Link? Im between this and heavy weapons damage.

"•
1-5 INT +any level Idiot is the best bet if you're save scumming (to minimize reloads) or don't want to put too much into INT.

•
Idiot Savant is always worth it on average compared to INT. Even at INT 9, levels 1 and 2 of Idiot Savant are worth ~6% exp each, while INT levels are worth ~3%.

•
9 INT with no Idiot Savant is, averaged out, equal to 1 INT + Idiot Savant Level 1.

•
However, to be get the same average exp as 1 INT + Idiot Savant Level 2, you need would need a boosted 16 INT."

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siw35/i_tested_intelligence_idiot_savant_and_experience/

Disxo

Sweet, Idiot savant it is, thanks for the link+explanation, will focus in getting all the perks possible to gain even more xp. (currenlty lvl 62)

joecanada

Sweet, Idiot savant it is, thanks for the link+explanation, will focus in getting all the perks possible to gain even more xp. (currenlty lvl 62)

yes I was surprised too been rolling with about INT 7 all the way and just picked up Id Sa at level 50, worth it

Seemed like a waste of a perk. I ended my first run with hundreds of bobby pins.

Yeah, I actually have no idea how many bobby pins I've got, except that it's over 99 bobby pins and it's been that way for a long time. I break an average of maybe half a bobby pin per lock? Rarely do I break more than one per attempt anymore.

What Cait actually likes? and what she doesn't like? Im so confused

Cait's an "I got mine" kind of person. She likes it when you take the selfish option in dialogue trees (ex. "give me more caps"). She's also quite fond of lockpicking.

Well, I beat the game and got my ending. I sided with the
minutemen I guess? I wanted to do the railroad but somehow the quest just failed for me and then they told me to go to the minutemen for help.

I suppose I can go back to my early saves and go for the other two or three paths that are left I guess. Although it's weird but it seems like the BOS quests just deadend into nothing, maybe I need another playthrough.

Overall, there is a lot to like about FO4, exploring, shooting, and crafting/settlement stuff is all fun but there really isn't any kind of way to roleplay. In that sense FO4 doesn't really feel like a role playing game because of the way they decided to handle a voiced protagonist, overall Obsidian still made the better RPG, but FO4 is an interesting step and visually it looks great in most places.

It's a good game, and it has the fallout theme; an honestly amazing looking veneer, but it's missing more of the soul.

ramyeon

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm starting Fallout 4 as my first Fallout game and was wondering what would be best to invest my SPECIAL stats into at the start? I thought they were just stat points that you add to as you level up but this doesn't seem to be the case?Went with 4 for everything at first and I'm thinking this may have been a mistake.
Quoting for the new page, I know this is a super basic question but any advice would be appreciated! :)

rififi

Idiot Savant definitely makes you level fairly quickly. I started the game with INT 6 and idiot savant as my first perk. I just finished the main storyline after ~ 130 hrs at level 64 with still a few major quests left - most of my quests failed because
I sided with the institute

Edit:
Quoting for the new page, I know this is a super basic question but any advice would be appreciated! :)

It depends on what type of character you want to play as, but in general, your SPECIAL stats dictate which perks are available. (Also keep in mind whether or not you want to depend on getting bobbleheads or not to increase the special stats w/o leveling).
For instance, I wanted to play as a sniper with increased damage from sneaking, so I put 7 points in agility to unlock the "Ninja" Perk. I also put 5 in luck to unlock "idiot savant" to level faster.
In addition, I wanted the benefits of modded armor and guns, so I placed 3 points in strength and 6 in intelligence to unlock "armorer", "gun nut", and "science".

Here are some links to help choosing perks:
http://www.gosunoob.com/fallout-4/perks-list/
http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/get-perky-a-ratings-guide-for-every-perk-in-fallout-4

Faenix1

Really depends how you want to play. Luck is probably the best stat, at least IMO.
Though the game has no level cap and you are able to put a level point into either a perk or a skill point so I doubt it really matters. Will just take longer. (My friend is hovering around Level 84 right now and has done almost everything. He has Idiot Savant L3, and about 6 Int or so)

Top Bottom