• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Just finished the game. I also got the Benevolent Leader achievement completely by accident! I think it's a glitch, but if it isn't, it's a hilariously easy way to get the achievement.

JoeNut

Patch doesn't seem to have made any difference for me. They need to patch so you can remove weapon mods without having to replace them

tBB0QM5.jpg

whoops

Vex_

Banned
Patch doesn't seem to have made any difference for me. They need to patch so you can remove weapon mods without having to replace them

It makes sense when you think about it. A gun cannot be a gun without a barrel, or a handle.

The game has to categorize the firearm as....well a firearm so you can hold it. I think the game would mess up if you tried to do this.

dankir

Fuck you achievements don't unlock if you're offline? I don't want to apply the new patch yet, so I log on to my X1 and then disconnect from the network so I can play the game. I'm 100% sure I got the sidekick lover achievements with cait but the shit won't unlock. Can't view achievements either.

When the patch notes refer to infinite caps glitch, they mean buying the ammo from vendors and then selling it back glitch right? edit: looks like they did.

Vex_

Banned
Anyone else use drugs frequently. What is your current goto?

I like to use jet. I even mix it with psycho to make psycho jet. I might even get the perk to make the effects last longer. Love drugs bullet time so much.

Hawkie

On PS4 does anyone know of a workaround for the Deacon bug?

Endgame spoilers:

For both the Institute and Brotherhood quest lines the leaders of the Railroad must be eliminated. Deacon (previously used as a companion) is hostile but is invincible and cannot be damaged. Even launched an artillery strike on his head - nothing, companions cannot damage him etc

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Man I'm getting my ass kicked in Hard difficulty. Is there a lot of difference between Normal and Hard? I'm kinda not having fun anymore lol

Depends on the enemies i suppose.

Managed to get the Castle to 100, really happy i've got that out of the way and i can get rid of the 14 odd clinics i have lol.

I hated the settlement part of the game at first but it's grown on my, i'm going to try and get all of them in the green for now.

Vex_

Banned
Man I'm getting my ass kicked in Hard difficulty. Is there a lot of difference between Normal and Hard? I'm kinda not having fun anymore lol

Lol what level are you? What platform?

I'm level 45 ish now and I'm am like the terminator in this motherfucka. So normal was too EZ.

I went straight survival with a sick nasty sweet survival mod on PC. I'm having more fun now.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Lol what level are you? What platform?

I'm level 45 ish now and I'm am like the terminator in this motherfucka. So normal was too EZ.

I went straight survival with a sick nasty sweet survival mod on PC. I'm having more fun now.

Level 13, PS4. I was doing a quest yesterday that I had to kill a couple of ghouls in a base. When I left the building, there was a legendary sentry enemy that is almost impossible for me to kill. I barely do any damage to it. Even Strong got his ass kicked.

Doc_Drop

Level 13, PS4. I was doing a quest yesterday that I had to kill a couple of ghouls in a base. When I left the building, there was a legendary sentry enemy that is almost impossible for me to kill. I barely do any damage to it. Even Strong got his ass kicked.

If you're talking Sentrybot then they are in fact hard as fuck, their health and damage is extremely high and you'd be best to avoid at all costs until you have weaponry that can do a lot of damage or you have good AP and perks for crits. Assaultrons can also insta kill you if you're not careful

Between normal and hard there are definitely health/damage changes

Replicant

If you're talking Sentrybot then they are in fact hard as fuck, their health and damage is extremely high and you'd be best to avoid at all costs until you have weaponry that can do a lot of damage or you have good AP and perks for crits. Assaultrons can also insta kill you if you're not careful

Between normal and hard there are definitely health/damage changes

A sentry bot once attacked me because I set off the laser trip wire at the BoS base. Fuck, that was a hard fight and I was in power armor (which okay, I 'took' from the warehouse but no one was around so I thought it's okay to take). I had to climb up this platform which he couldn't get to and shot him from that distance.

Watevaman

I'm surprised at how quickly I'm still leveling up at 55 just by exploring and killing enemies. I don't remember much about Skyrim's leveling but coming straight from Fallout 3, it feels faster in this at 50+ than Fallout 3 at 35+. I like it, it's letting me get my perks, but I definitely see how there's really no way one character will be able to max out everything in a timely manner.

Lanrutcon

Those mounted laser machine gun turrets can also kill you super quick if you walk underneath one that's mounted on the ceiling.

Every shot is basically a head shot if it spots you from above. I've been killed through INSANE DR like this.

Doc_Drop

A sentry bot once attacked me because I set off the laser trip wire at the BoS base. Fuck, that was a hard fight and I was in power armor (which okay, I 'took' from the warehouse but no one was around so I thought it's okay to take). I had to climb up this platform which he couldn't get to and shot him from that distance.

Main story spoilerish (institute quest around 3/4 through):

At the mass fusion building I was completely taken surprise by the sentrybots and assaultrons first time round. It didn't help that at least one of the robots was legendary although I cant remember which

I am glad I picked up a double shot plasma rifle and a railway rifle, really helps with these fights

jesu

Does anyone else constantly jam the Q key (or L1/LB on consoles) to "check" for enemies with V.A.T.S.?

Sometimes it feels like cheating, but man it's a tough habit to break.

I do it to look for mines.
My companion usually tells me if there is enemies about.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
interesting that so many people are not updating because of the vendor glitch.

Game seems fine without the glitch. are people that desperate for resources?

Lanrutcon

interesting that so many people are not updating because of the vendor glitch.

Game seems fine without the glitch. are people that desperate for resources?

It's not hard to get resources, it's just tedious. After 90 odd levels I started using the console for my concrete needs, for example. Who can be bothered to spend even more time farming just to build cool shit?

bjork

I just finished the main storyline about an hour ago. Or, I saw what I guess is the ending, at any rate. I'm going to keep going just for exploring purposes, because that's the part I enjoy the most.

When I got the patch on Xbox, it didn't scratch my saves at all, but it did reset all my options so I had to recolor my hud and whatnot. Also, my controller no longer syncs wirelessly. Not sure why that is, or how it could be related to a game patch. Has to be something else, but who knows what.

Vex_

Banned
At the third level of the sneak perk you stop triggering mines, I've been through so many minefields without even realising.
Not just mines.

Wire traps. Grenade bouquet traps. Laser traps. Shotgun traps.

You get the picture. I am pleasantly surprised sometimes when I turn around and realize that I could of died twice.

The only thing is, you still need to disarm mines sometimes as enemies (especially on survival) shoot mines if you don't set them off. It can get annoying.

Edit: theonly "traps" you get caught by, are the tin can ones. And they just make noise to alert enemies me thinks.

Sucks that Rest Mode screws with the playtime counter on PS4. My savegames say I played for 241 hours :p
I'm level 30 and I wanted to compare how slow I'm leveling compared to y'all.

same with the save-after-x-minutes feature. If you start the game from Rest Mode and open/close the Pipboy it will save even though no time has past in the game.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Ah yes, the "play until 2AM, then get up at 5:15AM" shadow ;)

I couldn't care less about that offspring of mine, just too much fun with reaping through the Commonwealth. Strong idolizes me already, Maccready next.

My most favorite side feature is the "BaDumTshh" jingle and the random "Special Giggle" when the Idiot Savant Perk kicks in.

It's not hard to get resources, it's just tedious. After 90 odd levels I started using the console for my concrete needs, for example. Who can be bothered to spend even more time farming just to build cool shit?

Same but on console.

I also just want to feel like a total badass dominating the wasteland hah

Just tested, saves are backwards compatible. So if you are on PS4 and want to use the resource shipment duplication glitch just delete the gamedata, reinstall it, but pause the patch download.

Though the framerate is really shitty at version 1.00.

Well? You can't just say that and not tell us this easy way. :/

It's real spoiler-y. Like THIS SPOILS ONE OF THE ENDINGS spoiler-y. So this is your last chance to back out. I will explain how I got Benevolent Leader by mistake at the end of the game. First spoiler explains which ending I'm spoiling:

Railroad ending

Second spoiler explains how I got the achievement:

Before you leave the Institute, you have the option of bringing the synth child back with you. Do this, and the next time you go to Railroad HQ, he'll be waiting there for you. Talk to him once and he'll say how glad he was that you took him with you, and then he'll give you a holotape from Father. If you talk to him again, you can send him to a settlement. Somehow, I sent him to a settlement that showed up as having no people in it, even though I know it had plenty of people (it was the settlement with my lakeshore patio bar). Shaun is apparently just so pleased to be with mommy again that he always registers as 100% happy. Since the game thought he was the only one in the settlement, bam: Benevolent Leader.

You might be able to plan for this instead of relying on the glitch by having a settlement that's built up but has no people in it until you do what I just did above. The settlement does need to be a certain "size" for the achievement to unlock, but I think that just refers to the size meter in the top left of the screen while you're in workshop mode. In other words, size doesn't refer to population, but just to how much stuff you've built in the settlement.

Steejee

Aaaannnd...think I'm out till GECK comes out.

Had some fun toying around with my settlements some more, but you can only fiddle around for so long before the jankiness kicks in (and movement is still screwed up in build mode if you use ESDF for movement) and you realize that until some in depth settlement mods come out there's no end-goal save what you might like to build.

Still, certainly got my hours out of the game, even if I felt it was a step back from NV in too many ways. Combat was certainly improved, graphics were a step forward (even if they're pretty weak sometimes), banter by enemies was nice. Other aspects didn't come out so well. Look forward to seeing what people can do with the mod tools.

Top Bottom