• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Faenix1

God I feel dirty, used the shipment exploit - I assume that's not in 2.02? - but the amount of concrete I needed to do what I wanted was just stupidly excessive. Would of probably been another 12 hours of gameplay just in searching for concrete lol

Disxo

God I feel dirty, used the shipment exploit - I assume that's not in 2.02? - but the amount of concrete I needed to do what I wanted was just stupidly excessive. Would of probably been another 12 hours of gameplay just in searching for concrete lol
What are you building?
The great wall?

psychotron

Cleared
Wilson Automatoys
last night with the patch. It was extremely choppy in a lot of spots. I haven't had many issues with the game previous to this, but in there it hit slideshow levels if you were near the middle of the building.

From reddit
KlboEPn.gif

Lol

Seriously. Where the fuck is Nick? I sent him to Sanctuary and he disappeared! He was my bro... so sad.

NPCs are cutting themselves off in speech (new sentences starting too early) and their mouths are not synchronized to what they're saying. Is this a known issue?

(latest drivers/beta/unmodded)

Is there no way to set companion AI? I could have sworn past games had that. Piper just unloads all her ammo at an innocent Radstag just minding it's own business.

So
who did you guys side with at the end? I went with the institute. At first I thought they were like typical bad guys but turns out not the case. Plus I thought since you become their new director you can change the institute to help people. Also when I had to give the speech to commonwealth it was all positive. I didn't like how the brotherhood is in this game and Railroad seemed kind of selfish who only cares about well being of synths.

so I went with the institute. Also was hard to say no to my characters Son's dying wish. The ending for institute was pretty heartfelt the last mission.I kind of feel bad for the main character. Anyways who did you guys go with?

EDIT: THIS IS SUPER SPOILER HEAVY SO..... DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED! sorry for caps. but this will get attention.

Disxo

So
who did you guys side with at the end? I went with the institute. At first I thought they were like typical bad guys but turns out not the case. Plus I thought since you become their new director you can change the institute to help people. Also when I had to give the speech to commonwealth it was all positive. I didn't like how the brotherhood is in this game and Railroad seemed kind of selfish who only cares about well being of synths.

so I went with the institute. Also was hard to say no to my characters Son's dying wish. The ending for institute was pretty heartfelt the last mission.I kind of feel bad for the main character. Anyways who did you guys go with?
I will go with the institute...
I think that post should have been posted in a month or two hahaha.

joecanada

I've got like, 3 minutemen settlement quests in my questlog that are bugged and can't be completed. Clear a location, talk to Preston, and something else. It's really bugging the hell out of me that I can't clear these off my screen :mad:

did you ever get clear university point? mine is bugged and apparently its a known bug.... I'm really getting sick of developers who rush to fitch like a shipment dupe glitch but don't even bother fixing whole missions.

I mean the shipment dupe was no big deal but I won't continue to build without it... no way I'm buying enough steel to do three or four more fortresses lol. I actually think that glitch should have been left in because it only makes a rather useless but fun side game (building) more convenient.

Fuck this game. Spent 40 hours or so on it only for the Taking Independence quest to bug out. Preston Garvey won't interact with me now and keeps telling me to get the radio up and running, WHICH IT IS. I've obviously googled the problem and tried everything possible to fix it. I'm done. It's going back on the shelf. It really is unacceptable for mainline quests to be fatally bugged. I get that it's an expansive game, but the mainline quests should be functional.

This is also preventing me from turning in two other Garvey quests. What a waste of time.

knitoe

Fuck this game. Spent 40 hours or so on it only for the Taking Independence quest to bug out. Preston Garvey won't interact with me now and keeps telling me to get the radio up and running, WHICH IT IS. I've obviously googled the problem and tried everything possible to fix it. I'm done. It's going back on the shelf. It really is unacceptable for mainline quests to be fatally bugged. I get that it's an expansive game, but the mainline quests should be functional.

This is also preventing me from turning in two other Garvey quests. What a waste of time.

Did you make enough generators to power the tower? Takes 10 units. If yes, did you make sure to wired and attached all the generators needed to power the tower?

I've got a similar problem where the subsequent quest, Old Guns is permanently bugged and unable to be completed because the Minuteman manning the radio got up and is unable to sit back down.

One of the random guys in my settlement turned out to be a
Synth
:O
I had him equipped (i.e. gave him a silly hat) and everything, even hired him to sell stuff in my armory shop.
Then he joined a
Synth raid and his body had Synth components
on him!

Betrayalaton.

Gonna screen my settlers in VATS now.
/paranoid

kitch9

Banned

You sure that the tower is running? It looks like it is when it isn't, I'd connected the wire to the wrong place and it wasn't obvious.

I see. So should I cap my framerate to 60 in the .ini file?

Anyone else with a high refresh rate monitor having this issue?

I play at a capped 60 and get the same thing. Worse in the patch...as in doing in it situations where it didn't previously.

Eyeballs also seem out of sync in my game, harharhar

GqIaKfL.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I did all the endings, I never truly loved any of them.

But I also felt that way about New Vegas endings so it's not a bad thing.

oh man don't tell me that

so there's no fix for this? it's super distracting...

Not sure if there is a fix or not, I just didn't want to see you putting in the effort to tweak this or that, and still having it happen @60 fps. :) I swear it's like watching an old Kung Fu movie, with how bad the lip sync can be.

Alpende

Got a question about settlements and sharing stuff between workbenches.

I've set up supply lines and everything is connected between Sanctuary and other settlements that I own. It's like a big web of lines and everything ultimately connects to Sanctuary. Yet I can't see the contents of any other settlement in Sanctuary. For example, one settlement has like 3 water purifiers and has 50+ purified water in their workbench but I can't see that in my workbench in Sanctuary. I should be able to see that right, with the local leader perk and all?

Got a question about settlements and sharing stuff between workbenches.

I've set up supply lines and everything is connected between Sanctuary and other settlements that I own. It's like a big web of lines and everything ultimately connects to Sanctuary. Yet I can't see the contents of any other settlement in Sanctuary. For example, one settlement has like 3 water purifiers and has 50+ purified water in their workbench but I can't see that in my workbench in Sanctuary. I should be able to see that right, with the local leader perk and all?

You can use it, not see it, or pick it up at the workbench. If you craft something that needs purified water, it'll work fine. Check the crafting menu to see how many you have.

Steejee

I've got a similar problem where the subsequent quest, Old Guns is permanently bugged and unable to be completed because the Minuteman manning the radio got up and is unable to sit back down.

Go into build mode and double check that the radio tower is powered and on. The radio guy will get up and stand around if the radio doesn't have power.

Alpende

You can use it, not see it, or pick it up at the workbench. If you craft something that needs purified water, it'll work fine. Check the crafting menu to see how many you have.

That's too bad. Now I have to travel to that specific settlement to grab the water in order to sell it. I'd rather just pick it up in Sanctuary and sell it to my vendors there.

Go into build mode and double check that the radio tower is powered and on. The radio guy will get up and stand around if the radio doesn't have power.
Done that. He got up when I rang a bell and won't sit back down. Shows as powered but unassigned in build mode. Can't assign him or anyone else to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing their new canadian studio providing some DLC for the game. Getting some new blood working on the game would be nice just to get a different spin on things.

Steejee

Done that. He got up when I rang a bell and won't sit back down. Shows as powered but unassigned in build mode. Can't assign him or anyone else to it.

Oh I think I recall there being an issue with triggering the bell and bugging that guy out, don't know if there's a fix =/

I've got over 400 water at the Castle. Produces more Pure Water than I and my companions can carry or that I can sell. Is there a perk that increases the amount of caps vendors have available?

Also I'm having a glitch where if I sell enough to one vendor I won't be able to sell anymore, despite them having caps. If I sell something I won't get the caps for it.

bjork

Apparently all my controller issue required was unplugging the machine for a little bit. Works fine now.

I'm on a quest to find
the aliens alluded to in the loading screens. If they're in the Glowing Sea, I can't say that I know where. I found what appears to be every location there, so I think I'm gonna go swim in the southeast part of the map and see if there's some land not on the map.

Apparently all my controller issue required was unplugging the machine for a little bit. Works fine now.

I'm on a quest to find
the aliens alluded to in the loading screens. If they're in the Glowing Sea, I can't say that I know where. I found what appears to be every location there, so I think I'm gonna go swim in the southeast part of the map and see if there's some land not on the map.

I'll put this beneath spoiler tags in case you don't want to read it.

There's a random encounter where you can see an UFO crash. Once it has, head to the place where the bean people brew to find it.

Disxo

I'll put this beneath spoiler tags in case you don't want to read it.

There's a random encounter where you can see an UFO crash. Once it has, head to the place where the bean people brew to find it.

Thanks to gaf my alien blaster
is called ayy lmao

Replicant

It's real spoiler-y. Like THIS SPOILS ONE OF THE ENDINGS spoiler-y. So this is your last chance to back out. I will explain how I got Benevolent Leader by mistake at the end of the game. First spoiler explains which ending I'm spoiling:

Railroad ending

Second spoiler explains how I got the achievement:

Before you leave the Institute, you have the option of bringing the synth child back with you. Do this, and the next time you go to Railroad HQ, he'll be waiting there for you. Talk to him once and he'll say how glad he was that you took him with you, and then he'll give you a holotape from Father. If you talk to him again, you can send him to a settlement. Somehow, I sent him to a settlement that showed up as having no people in it, even though I know it had plenty of people (it was the settlement with my lakeshore patio bar). Shaun is apparently just so pleased to be with mommy again that he always registers as 100% happy. Since the game thought he was the only one in the settlement, bam: Benevolent Leader.

You might be able to plan for this instead of relying on the glitch by having a settlement that's built up but has no people in it until you do what I just did above. The settlement does need to be a certain "size" for the achievement to unlock, but I think that just refers to the size meter in the top left of the screen while you're in workshop mode. In other words, size doesn't refer to population, but just to how much stuff you've built in the settlement.

Thank you! If all things fails, I'll try this. I think my Red Rocket Bachelor Pad is very suitable for this purpose.

From reddit
KlboEPn.gif

Lol

MacReady does this shit so often it's not funny. I just teleported somewhere and that usually does the trick.

Watevaman

So, I finally found a legendary minigun worthy of being wielded by my character:

From my understanding, each bullet does the bleeding damage, correct? So it would be beneficial to throw the accelerated barrel on so I can put the most bullets into my enemies?

Disxo

So, I finally found a legendary minigun worthy of being wielded by my character:

From my understanding, each bullet does the bleeding damage, correct? So it would be beneficial to throw the accelerated barrel on so I can put the most bullets into my enemies?
I believe it doesnt stack though.
I tested that with a bleeding knife.

joecanada

interesting that so many people are not updating because of the vendor glitch.

Game seems fine without the glitch. are people that desperate for resources?

It's not that you need the glitch, its just that they give you option to rescue settlements like 20 or more of them and then you would have to scrounge for hours just to maintain a decent base for these lowly settlers. Now say you had to scrounge for hours just to build one small shack for 4 settlers, but the game rewarded you with +1 Charisma or like a 25 dollar tax from them or something, see then it would build toward something. But right now it's just fun, so why would I slog my way through endless buildings just to carry out enough cameras to build a turret for no reward? It's just mindless fun, so glitching it isn't really even an issue in my view.

I believe it doesnt stack though.
I tested that with a bleeding knife.

the only other problem I had with these guns is that there's a small delay, maybe two seconds for the 25 damage to come off.... not always a big deal but in a quick fight to the death I don't use the bleeder anymore (that was my shotgun "the bleeder".)

switched to le fusil terible or whatever that one is pretty cool.

of course my go to is the "Gauss Cannon" a gauss rifle with extra projectile --- I think it does 599 damage (lol). 2 shots to a mirelurk queens head.... actually the first shot was 80% of kill damage.

question - do VATS attacks charge the charged weapons or just use base?

Is it safe to play on PS4? I heard rumors of the latest patch destroying people's save games?

Need to get back to it and finish it up this weekend.

Top Bottom